Olympic Frothhhh

southernraw's picture
southernraw started the topic in Sunday, 21 Jul 2024 at 11:42pm

Less than a week out. Bring the froth. Carn the Irakanjis. Carn the Aussies in all fields. I have EE for a sly gold
To get the ball rolling.....THE world record gold from the great Thorpedo, Sydney, 2000.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:16am

france silver in basketball, not a bad result against the usa..
steph curry from san fran the hero of the day

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:19am

A bit of NZ froth. Lisa Carrington (K-1) wins three gold, at three games in a row. She's an absolute beast.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:22am
basesix wrote:

france silver in basketball, not a bad result against the usa..
steph curry from san fran the hero of the day

good game, US 5 Olympics in a row.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:27am

yeh, that's 20 years! Poor Wemby. Those tears had so far to fall...
(what's that logo, with a pair of dicks and a couple of balls??)
...ahh it's the free throw line/key...

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:26am

Hard to beat when they score 18 x 3 pointers. Never missed a free throw.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:29am

Should be interesting to see what weird stuff the frogs come up with for the closing ceremony lol ;)
4am tomorrow.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:34am

Been a good 2 weeks. Stan sport was worth the $36. All in 4K, and the replays too.

WSL need to get on 4K.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 8:12am
Island Bay wrote:

A bit of NZ froth. Lisa Carrington (K-1) wins three gold, at three games in a row. She's an absolute beast.

100%. Must be GOAT territory.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 8:14am

Not too sure if breakdancing should be an Olympic sport…kind of dull and RedBull territory.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 8:42am

Raygun is the only hero we need.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:05am
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Good to see the huge support Khelif is getting from various sports stars and other women in her division , many have boxed with her for over a decade and know her well .

Your algorithm is working well. I'm seeing the complete opposite. Have you got any proof she's got 100% female DNA?

Yes burleigh , hope this doesn’t get your knickers in a twist .

You have proof?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:28am

@Island bay , Quillete …. really ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:34am
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Good to see the huge support Khelif is getting from various sports stars and other women in her division , many have boxed with her for over a decade and know her well .

Your algorithm is working well. I'm seeing the complete opposite. Have you got any proof she's got 100% female DNA?

You have proof?

@burleigh , I’ve asked you for proof that khelif is xy more than once and you’ve been silent. I have explained my position on this topic but now you’re puffing out your chest and asking me to prove it hahahaha you really are a odd burleigh boy ……..and Ive known a few .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:48am

Congrads on this girl getting through to the final.

Dont know her but know her father and brother both top people.

Rose Davies in to the 5000m Final
https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2024/08/03/rose-davies-in-to-the-5000m-final/

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 10:02am
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

You have proof?

@burleigh , I’ve asked you for proof that khelif is xy more than once and you’ve been silent. I have explained my position on this topic but now you’re puffing out your chest and asking me to prove it hahahaha you really are a odd burleigh boy ……..and Ive known a few .

He is just baiting you supre no point, got nothing, he's the olympics grouch lol ;)
It's all over she won gold.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 10:10am
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

You have proof?

https://www.iba.sport/news/iba-clarifies-the-facts-the-letter-to-the-ioc...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 10:36am
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

You have proof?

https://www.iba.sport/news/iba-clarifies-the-facts-the-letter-to-the-ioc...

Is this your proof ? Seriously ?

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 10:44am

Maybe it's not over, better watch out Burleigh lol ;

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/imane-khelif-files-complaint-over...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 10:50am

?si=ke-Xl-IWTjEBrwh5

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 11:06am
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 11:14am
udo wrote:

https://youtu.be/lVBW4BHy5T8?si=ke-Xl-IWTjEBrwh5

Ah yep. Clear as mud. Raised a women, female passport…. Everything but saying she has women chromosomes…….. wonder why.

It’s what they are NOT saying that holds to truth.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 11:19am

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=923735122896917&set=a.215071360429967

Got to feel for her parents went all the way there and she didn't get 1 point.
18-0 x 3

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 11:43am

^^^

gotta feel for breakdancers all across australia...

male and female

feeling pretty ripped off right about now

who the hell makes these decisions?

the usual bullshit is flying...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sorry, she was just shit

if you wanna go the diversity line...

you could have picked a girl from just about any indigenous community across australia and they would have done better...

more diverse too!

fucken weird

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 11:45am

I guess you could argue she's giving hope to little girls all across australia...

who dance like a brick

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 12:38pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 12:49pm
ashsam wrote:

;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-fuIV9uvhH/

It’s gotta be a piss take surely. Too funny

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 1:27pm
etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:12pm

I posted that last night and thought I was the only person on SN that found it…. bemusing, confusing and amusing.

I’ve been in stitches.

Had a family breakdance competition last night at home. I can confidently say that my wife and my 8yo son laid down better moves than RayGun. 7yo had an honourable mention.

I retired early as my opening move resulted in an old man shoulder injury. Went out too strong.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:24pm

a dancer mate is trying to wrap her head around the raygun phenomenon, finds it bewilderingly fascinating.. she sent me this smh article, saying it shed some light on the 'why and how':
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/insulting-the-sport-dragged-into-the-olympi...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:39pm

I don’t know the qualification process.
But I’m 100% sure that Dr Gunn is not the best female breaker in the country. So, how did she get there? Who missed out?
It’s not going to be in the 2028 Olympics after that shitshow.

Edit - there were some seriously talented breakers in that competition. From my uneducated perspective. But I played her battle next to a couple of others. Not even in the same ballpark.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 8:43pm
etarip wrote:

I don’t know the qualification process.
But I’m 100% sure that Dr Gunn is not the best female breaker in the country. So, how did she get there? Who missed out?
It’s not going to be in the 2028 Olympics after that shitshow.

Edit - there were some seriously talented breakers in that competition. From my uneducated perspective. But I played her battle next to a couple of others. Not even in the same ballpark.

That was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:04pm
goofyfoot wrote:
etarip wrote:

I

That was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

It’s hilarious

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 9:07pm

B-Boy MeHug warming up at the 'G before a break against the B-Boys from Barbados.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 12 Aug 2024 at 4:55pm
Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest Monday, 12 Aug 2024 at 5:50pm
udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-j0YZBJI4t/

Ha Ha that's a gold for sure

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 12 Aug 2024 at 7:29pm

Our TV reception went on the piss, so we missed history being made.

Breaking not going to be included in 2028 (in LA - I mean wtf), so that is that.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 12 Aug 2024 at 7:34pm

Oh and please, please please can one of you link the dancing of the Rockin Ted's doing 'Stayin Alive'? Or maybe they had a different name?? It was put up somewhere in the tunes thread but it's so many pages ago and I can't remember the name of the vid. Was it you Adam12 or Blackers who put it up? The dancing in it - that should be the Olympic dance sport.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 12 Aug 2024 at 8:00pm

this is as close as I can find

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 12:05am
basesix wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

What is this trying to say?

haha, whooo, boy, I hope this isn't trying to say why I think they think they are trying to say.

Have you ever seen something miss the mark more? During the olympics with its participatory ethos?

Countries that support athletes for the privilege of taking part in an international get-together
vs.
Countries that count medals (Aus included)..

seems a reallly pointless point to care about : /

Could anyone possibly think that Jamaican bob-sledders, English ski-jumpers, Chinese surfers, Aussie speed-skaters, or Sth African skateboarders should hang their heads in shame?

Absolutely laughable attempt-to-make-a-misjudged-political-point image, hahah.. every athlete from every nation would think it stinks like a pooey-bum, she-eeyt!!

Not that we're counting...but...Iran 3 gold medals, Israel 1.
No need to be an extremist about it like the fool who posted this pic.
Well done to all athletes. I'm sure they're all super proud of their efforts.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 5:26am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 10:07am

breakdancing...gone from next olympics.
boxing...gone

cricket..in
squash...in
flag football...in
baseball...in
softball...in
lacrosse...in

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 10:08am
velocityjohnno wrote:

this is as close as I can find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-G1Yh1BsZ8

Yoyogi Park on a sunday morning is next level crazy Japan. fantastic stuff.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 11:05am

What I don’t fully understand is boxing in the olympics still amateur’s only ? If so why , when other professional athletes can compete in various sports ? Shame boxing is gone , been in the olympics forever .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 11:13am
Supafreak wrote:

What I don’t fully understand is boxing in the olympics still amateur’s only ? If so why , when other professional athletes can compete in various sports ? Shame boxing is gone , been in the olympics forever .

Was the choice of the IBA, I'm pretty sure. They set the rules. Not dissimilar to men's soccer and their U23 rule.

In fact, if surfing is to be included then maybe it's worth having something along those lines so it's not merely replicating the Championship Tour?

Olympic surfing is only under 20s, or its only non-CT surfers, or if there are four surfers from each country then two have to be juniors.

Something that sets it apart from the CT.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 1:28pm

I'm glad someone of repute finally said it...

"...Malik Dixon is an African American who has been living in Australia for more than a decade and is a Sydney University graduate.

He said Raygun made a total "mockery" out of breaking at the Olympics.

"She was dressed like a member of the cricket team or an Australian PE teacher, and from that point it just seemed like satire," Mr Dixon told ABC News.

"It just looked like somebody who was toying with the culture and didn't know how culturally significant it was being the first time in the Olympics and just how important it was to people who really cherish hip hop and one of the elements of hip hop, which is breakdancing.

"It made me think, was Borat her breakdancing coach?"..."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-12/raygun-slammed-as-audacious-as-ot...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 1:29pm

Yeah , I would be all for amateurs in surfing at the olympics , I understand sports by being professional allows the athlete to dedicate everything to their chosen sport and therefore they can really achieve greater success and perform at a level possibly better than say someone that still had to work to pay the bills. Maybe if everything was amateur and sponsorship limited then the performance enhancing drugs wouldn’t be so tempting for some . If the world games were all professional and the olympics all amateur , I wonder what would be more popular with the public ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 1:32pm
sypkan wrote:

I'm glad someone of repute finally said it...

"...Malik Dixon is an African American who has been living in Australia for more than a decade and is a Sydney University graduate.

He said Raygun made a total "mockery" out of breaking at the Olympics.

"She was dressed like a member of the cricket team or an Australian PE teacher, and from that point it just seemed like satire," Mr Dixon told ABC News.

"It just looked like somebody who was toying with the culture and didn't know how culturally significant it was being the first time in the Olympics and just how important it was to people who really cherish hip hop and one of the elements of hip hop, which is breakdancing.

"It made me think, was Borat her breakdancing coach?"..."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-12/raygun-slammed-as-audacious-as-ot...

Is she a Kiwi by birth ? Has a pretty strong accent . I’m hoping they claim her as theirs but somehow don’t think that will happen .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 1:46pm

Oh my mistake, the video I put up wasn’t the real Raygun , just some chick taking the piss out of her , sorta looks the same , I really do need to go to spec savers .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 13 Aug 2024 at 6:42pm

Meddling Puddling Medal peddling!
Dope out on Pfizer Pax for yer Olympic Medal then die from sucking on yer Medal...Dope as Shit!
French Justice... how you say... Je Ne Sais Quoi...Le Magnifique!

Or how the swellnet crew Solved the Mystery of Le Bronzed Bombshell.

Paris 2024 Medals are all centred with 18 grams of Eiffel Tower Iron puddling (Recycle Mandate)
Gold $1,173 = 523 grams (92.5%) Sliver + (6.5%) Copper + 6 grams of (1.34%) Gold Plating
Silver $812 = 525 grams of (92.5%) Silver + (6.5%) Copper
Bronze $7.89 = 455 grams (Breakdown mix )
415.15 g (92.5%) Copper + 21.85 g (2.5%) Zinc + (0.5%)Tin (All Processed from the Currency mint)

Cheap Crap Bronze Medal turns to shit ( Olympic Heroes Motion for a cheaper shittier replacement )
https://media.rnztools.nz/rnz/image/upload/s--D6G1bLzm--/ar_16:10,c_fill...

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/hyhZcmaMxB5RT1UHv8Ylog--/YXBwaWQ9aGlna...

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/media/wuvlpl0x/the-bronze-medal-of-usa-skat...
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/465525172e2a095b67322988bfb3fac2cc567344/...

Lustre wears off
Losing their Colour
Back of the Medals Chip off really easily

Shall we investigate WTF is going on here... (Old school Bronzed Aussies swear their medals are fine!)
Recycle Mandate > Involves the use of Old Rusting Iron in the heart of Paris medals!
Process requires deep penetrating Rust Proofing Agents

Problem!
Deep penetrating Anti Fouling agents are mostly Toxic to humans and critters? (Correct!)
River Seine is poisoned by Anti Fouling Agents So Ban swimming for yer Medal...Go Figure...well durr!
Sweet irony of Green Games is not lost in translation...

The idea of course being to Swim in The Seine to gain Anti Foul immunity to suck on yer Toxic Medals!
Only the French can first concoct an anecdote in order to receive yer Poisonous award.
That is some shit hot Devious Olympic Event.

Bigger Problem...{Do not Swallow or Ingest an Iron Medallion treated with Anti Foul Agents.
Warning! { No biting on Olympic Iron Medals! }

Holy shit tbb...worth investigating the Boring Stuff!
Correct...do the hard yards Always! Way more death Defying!

Ok! Mass VIP Vax'n'Pax Cheats die sucking on Doped Out Medals.. ( Ok! Still don't see the problem? )
Apparently it's still Unsportsmanlike to kill Le VIP Drug Cheats...So Woke! Tell us about it! Cry Cry!

Like, so ya reckon this is a sleeper thing tbb...For Real...100% Shit will hit the fan...
Correction...
Media are once again to fuckin' stupid to investigate Toilet Paper wedged up their own Arse cracks!
You Bet! It's #1 Secret alright...Yes! Of course that mean's it's Censored! Wot ya expect...well durr!

But that never stopped tbb...can read about yer Yuppie Bronze Age first world VIP problems here...

Jan 2024 Mint denies it's struggling to find a non-toxic succulent brew to baste recycled chewy Medals!
Hosing down rumours of Mandatory Tetanus Shots for Each VIP Vax'n'Pax Cheats.
Nope! It never said such shit only that's how easy it is to read between the lines...All say Aye!
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240408-paris-olympic-medal-produ...

Ok! We're all up to speed that France needs to brew an edible goo for Recycled VIP's to suck on!
Never said that. (Taboo!)
Sure...who cares...Any Ideas?
Crew : (Yes!) I bet woteva they brewed up eats into them Bronze Medals...
Ok! Good call > Now we're cookin' with VIP Olive Oil!

So! Wot Biofoul Blend protects Iron from Rusting but eats Cheap Metal for Breakfast! Huh!
Has to be a recent brew...tbb come up with this fresh batch...
https://www.corrocoat.com/biofoul-a-heavy-duty-non-toxic-anti-foul-coating/

Crew : Have we got an Answer tbb...(Bingo!)
So fast...That we do Crew...Solved the Olympic Medal Riddle in WR time!
Protest!
Team Oz demand an Ultimate Sportsmanlike Medal for WR Olympic Medal Meddling

Bronze Age Answer is [ Corrocoat ] Say wot tbb?

"Biofoul contains no Chem Agents it relies on unique Copper Pigmentation & Flakes (re: Chipping)
Therefore be Considered {Non Toxic!} re: Can bite'n'chew'n'suck on yer Recycled Eiffel Tower Biscuits!
3 pack Synthetic / Hydrolysable / Polyester Solution is non toxic!

In low concentration is considered Non-Toxic to both Marine and Mammal Life Forms!
Colour : Metalic Copper Appearance! ( Same as Bronze Medal )

When first applied, Biofouls is a Copper/Gold Colour. The Colour changes with Age to the pleasantly green appearance of 'Oxidized Copper'. This characteristic allows Biofoul to be used not only for Anti-Fouling purposes but decorative purposes!"

This product or Article refers to reaction on Iron + Ship Metals
Meaning the Iron grey inlays on The Gold / Silver Medals will likely take on a Cool Bronzed colour!
Where as the Whole Bronze Medal get's de-coloured but in varying shades of Copper Brown.
The Bronze is also more likely to Flake during the Biofoul Process...All Got That!
Exactly 100% Wotz going on with the Bronze Medals! (Correct!) Winner!

https://www.corrocoat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/3-05-AB-Corrocoat-B...
https://www.corrocoat.com/biofoul-a-heavy-duty-non-toxic-anti-foul-coating/

Foamy Tony : "One more special Gold Medal awarded to Swellnet crew!"
No Thanks Foamy Tony...crew ain't that hungry for yer IOC Seedy Biscuits...
tbb will settle on a batch of Corrocoat so the Crew can eat their Surfing Trophies!
Smart! Yeah Smart!
Crew : Supastoked that Bronzed Aussie tbb is on our side...Fuck Yeah!
Drooling...
My Surfing Trophy never looked so delicious... Fuckin' Starving!...can't wait to eat that Little surfer dude!
Tiny Shiny Surfer Dude : "FU tbb ...Help me!...Please don't eat me Master!" Yummy Yummy! Crunchy!