Olympic Frothhhh

southernraw's picture
southernraw started the topic in Sunday, 21 Jul 2024 at 11:42pm

Less than a week out. Bring the froth. Carn the Irakanjis. Carn the Aussies in all fields. I have EE for a sly gold
To get the ball rolling.....THE world record gold from the great Thorpedo, Sydney, 2000.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:05am

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:05am

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:07am

I have learnt so much since that boxer issue came up. Biology is not set in stone. Hard not to have empathy for those with these issues....and it must suck having the world knowing and talking about you and demanding DNA tests etc tec

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:23am
Roadkill wrote:

I have learnt so much since that boxer issue came up. Biology is not set in stone. Hard not to have empathy for those with these issues....and it must suck having the world knowing and talking about you and demanding DNA tests etc tec

When you're boxing i believe it should be mandatory. no different to using PEDs.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:40am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

When you're boxing i believe it should be mandatory. no different to using PEDs.

it's completely different to using PEDs.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:59am
Pop Down wrote:

You are wrong Roady .

Every individual athlete there is trying to win a Medal .

Every individual is so proud , to take a medal home .

The most beautiful memento , to remind them of the blood , sweat and tears , they shed to achieve something special .

There Families , are so Proud of them .

A Country can feel the same Thing !

A successful Australian Team , is something our country should be very proud of !

The World is seeing our Name high up on the Tally List and saying f me , what's those Aussies doing DownUnder .

We are the Country , that are supporting and producing these wonderful individuals .

Aussie Aussie Aussie , Oi Oi Oi !

edit

Burls , gosh mate , one or two bad apples in a Wonderful orchard , makes it a truly wonderful orchard .

Grow up .

IMG-8183 I would like to see statistics on how much money each country invests in their athletes & what incentives are offered.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 9:57am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

it's completely different to using PEDs.

LMAO.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 10:18am

- haha, the dill
...or, since 'their' latest rendezvous... bangcock betty ;)

https://m.

&pp=ygUNYmFuZ2tvayBiZXR0eQ%3D%3D

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 11:23am
Supafreak wrote:
Pop Down wrote:

You are wrong Roady .

Every individual athlete there is trying to win a Medal .

Every individual is so proud , to take a medal home .

The most beautiful memento , to remind them of the blood , sweat and tears , they shed to achieve something special .

There Families , are so Proud of them .

A Country can feel the same Thing !

A successful Australian Team , is something our country should be very proud of !

The World is seeing our Name high up on the Tally List and saying f me , what's those Aussies doing DownUnder .

We are the Country , that are supporting and producing these wonderful individuals .

Aussie Aussie Aussie , Oi Oi Oi !

edit

Burls , gosh mate , one or two bad apples in a Wonderful orchard , makes it a truly wonderful orchard .

Grow up .

IMG-8183 I would like to see statistics on how much money each country invests in their athletes & what incentives are offered.

The per capita metric is useless. A good starting point would be to look at number of athletes from each country, which is probably a (crude) proxy for investment (more athletes, more money). Assuming equal chance to win a medal for each athlete (again, it's a crude estimate, you can drill down from there looking at odds/event etc.), Australia is doing about where they should be i.e., third highest number of athletes, third on the medal tally.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 11:36am

good point JonKnee

Our athletes have a great Climate , to perform , 2 .

We DO also Invest a lot of Money , into Sport .

I think it's a Great Investment , as it creates so many wonderful role models for our kids .

Our athletes have also been relatively Clean .

For Decades they have been competing with athletes from Countries , that Cheat !

This whole Olympic Experience , has been incredible .

Vi a la Paris !!!

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 11:57am

Interesting how the Aussies get paid 20k for winning gold, some countries pay their winners over a million dollars and some give them a house plus land plus 240k.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 12:06pm

Thanks for the love guys. This looks interesting. I'm only 10 minutes in - will watch the rest later. Link was sent by same friend.
Looks like click bait, but seems like a reasonable interview.

&t=66s

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 12:42pm

@icandig , I only watched a couple of minutes . All very good for the “ expert “ to explain about DSD and how they develop through life but what people keep missing is that Khelif has been labeled lots of things so far with no evidence to back it up . Experts can explain whatever but until it’s 100% factually reported with evidence to support the findings that Khelif is xx or xy or dsd or swyer syndrome , then what’s really the point ? Anyway the surfs going to start pulsing soon and it’s a really beautiful day , hope you’re getting some .

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 12:46pm

"Anyway the surfs going to start pulsing soon and it’s a really beautiful day , hope you’re getting some" .

Going for a look right now.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 1:04pm
Supafreak wrote:

@icandig , I only watched a couple of minutes . All very good for the “ expert “ to explain about DSD and how they develop through life but what people keep missing is that Khelif has been labeled lots of things so far with no evidence to back it up . Experts can explain whatever but until it’s 100% factually reported with evidence to support the findings that Khelif is xx or xy or dsd or swyer syndrome , then what’s really the point ? Anyway the surfs going to start pulsing soon and it’s a really beautiful day , hope you’re getting some .

Is Khelif has female chromosomes they would have squashed it instantly. All the have done is show a birth certificate or passport. Guilty as charged.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 1:24pm
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

What is this trying to say?

haha, whooo, boy, I hope this isn't trying to say why I think they think they are trying to say.

Have you ever seen something miss the mark more? During the olympics with its participatory ethos?

Countries that support athletes for the privilege of taking part in an international get-together
vs.
Countries that count medals (Aus included)..

seems a reallly pointless point to care about : /

Could anyone possibly think that Jamaican bob-sledders, English ski-jumpers, Chinese surfers, Aussie speed-skaters, or Sth African skateboarders should hang their heads in shame?

Absolutely laughable attempt-to-make-a-misjudged-political-point image, hahah.. every athlete from every nation would think it stinks like a pooey-bum, she-eeyt!!

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 1:42pm
Roadkill wrote:

Full points for that @Roady, I once said I always liked you even though you and I have had some good barneys here. I meant that. I know you probably care less what I think, but wanted to say that anyway.
I've spent a lot of time with people over the years who have to deal with these and similar issues. Once ran Melbourne's biggest gay club, and biggest lesbian night. I learned it is all a bit fluid, gender, sexuality. I entered that world with my own prejudices and ignorance but was quickly schooled, by great people.
Every human has the right to decide how they live and who they are, we are all "different".
I feel nothing but admiration for this boxer, she has shown true grit under enormous pressure and stood her ground, "this is who I am!". The IBA and the IOC have created this situation, not her.
Good on you @Roady, life is a learning curve, glad you have the intelligence to be willing to learn.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 3:23pm

Agree @roady. Great stuff.
Bad luck to the Aussie chick this morning in the boxing but great effort on the bronze. Damn they can fight.
Also how good was the Pakestani fella who threw 93m in the javelin setting a new olympic record. Great to see a one of the Olympic minnow nations stepping up in a big way and leaving his mark. Beat the Indian champ too which probably made it feel even better.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 3:52pm

I appreciate those words, adam12. Thx for posting that.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 4:53pm
old-dog wrote:

Interesting how the Aussies get paid 20k for winning gold, some countries pay their winners over a million dollars and some give them a house plus land plus 240k.

Why are we paying our athletes if they win gold ? AW

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 5:52pm

Hey AW...do you currently have a board listed for sale anywhere?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 5:59pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
old-dog wrote:

I think it's Gina Rinehart that is paying the cash.
The Americans had Snoop Dog and Flava Flav as their hype men, we have the rich iron ore nepo baby handing out disgusting gold boots and cash.
Like the country, she thinks she owns the Olympic team as well.
She is doing a good fat Elvis impersonation though...
https://x.com/PeterWMurphy1/status/1821354508502303104
Actually, fact check that..."Under the Australian Olympic Committee's Medal Incentive Funding program, gold, silver, and bronze Olympic medalists will receive bonuses of $20,000, $15,000, and $10,000, respectively."
Gina is handing out cash over and above that, gold medalists only.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 5:58pm
icandig wrote:

Hey AW...do you currently have a board listed for sale anywhere?

Icandig. Hi fella. No I haven’t mate. Why ? AW

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:02pm

Just watching the replay of the women's water polo Aus v US. Equalizer with a minute to go and winning on penalties. Gabi Palm huge in goal. Tough ladies. Great to see the joy at getting through to the Gold medal match. Awesome!

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:02pm

@AW Simon Jones Fiji. Selling out of Anglesea (not the shop). Saw it on Facebook.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:16pm
adam12 wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
old-dog wrote:

The Americans had Snoop Dog and Flava Flav as their hype men, we have the rich iron ore nepo baby handing out disgusting gold boots and cash.

Adam12 Hi. Hope ya well, cracking day today, looks like clean slightly improved surf tomorrow morning, I’m on it.

What’s happened to the so called ‘spirit’ of the games?

That theme evaporated decades ago.

Of course ‘BargeArseNess’ is handing out royalties to competitors, pity she can’t reciprocate the feat and back pay indigenous folk for the destruction of their lands and culture .

If she gets out her abacus, hires her little office boy, you know the one, he’s a bit like a puppy with a round face but he’s losing/lost hair all over his cranium like he’s infested with mange, answers to the call, Peter, gets around, once got of his lead and out of his yard and found himself in Perth for a day, sniffing arseholes and cocking his leg on some of the guests, I heard he backed one out of that thermonuclear reactor of an asshole he’s got.
Didn’t gain much motion, but he certainly passed one.

She’s embarrassing, like a little girl in a doll shop asking the guy at the counter if they got any more dolls that are more expensive than the one she’s holding.
‘I’ve got a lot of money, she said’. AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:30pm
icandig wrote:

@AW Simon Jones Fiji. Selling out of Anglesea (not the shop). Saw it on Facebook.

Icandig. Hi mate, hope you’re cruising.

Interesting stuff, I’m on no other socials, I don’t see any of that, Swellnet is my drug.

FYI NeedsEssentials had a cluster of multi lengths MOTE boards at the door entrance to shop. I’m assuming they’ll probably have SJD’s .

You in the hunt ? My mate I’m surfing with in the morning is loving his new 6’10” SJD, they are beautiful boards to ride, easy to catch waves.AW

That’s where I became interested in the MOTE board.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:35pm

Not in the hunt. Need to cull. Find it hard to part with some though. It's a white 6'10. Just popped up in my feed. Giving up on a new wetty for now too. Gonna just go with what I have.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 6:44pm
icandig wrote:

Not in the hunt. Need to cull. Find it hard to part with some though. It's a white 6'10. Just popped up in my feed. Giving up on a new wetty for now too. Gonna just go with what I have.

I’m like you mate, I find it very hard to part with boards. I think you’ll be right from now on, it hasn’t been a super cold Winter in my opinion, I feel we’ve had way less strong wind days, albeit a few frigid minus degree days at dawn, on the whole I’ve found it to be quite mild and I’m a bag of bones. Choose ya surf spots carefully and you can avoid a lot of wind, the cold for me is the wind, the water temp I can handle. Good to chat, get wet tomoz.AW

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 7:58pm

Evocative Bodybasherz take issue with Every Nation locking out men from Artistic Swimming!

Dec 2022 News : IOC permits a mere 25% Male inclusion 2/8 in Olympic Artistic swimming Teams
https://www.artisticswimming.org.au/news/men-will-now-be-eligible-to-com...

Oz Ethan Calleja : "Dream come true, more than any man could ever ask for!"

tbb Long held a desire to orchestrate a Synchronized Wave of emotion.
Why not advance Surfing thru Blue Planet pageantry!
Evoke wave pools of emotion & trip the light fantastic!

Olympics % Oz Female Olympians
2014 Sochi 51.7%
2016 Rio 50.6%
2018 Pyeong Chang 44.2%
2020 Tokyo 53.7%
2022 Beijing 52.3%
2024 Paris 55.65% (Highest % Females of all Nations)

With record amount of Female Olympians Oz would easily accommodate IOC directive...Correct!

2024 Paris Artistic Swim Olympics : 0 Males were chosen to represent / 96 Athletes / 18 countries!
That equates to 100% cases of Mass Sexism + 100% cases of non complaint IOC representation
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/08/06/artistic-swimm...
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
22 July 2023 Ethan Calleja (Unrepresented) vs Artistic Swimming Australia

[ ASA can delegate Power to anyone > Directors / Consultants & revoke their power as we see fit ]

[ ASA policy can be amended at anytime & ASA is not responsible or Liable to Anyone ]

"So Fuck You Ethan and any other pathetic male creature that dares approach!"
"If ya still wanna prance about the World come see me (Ben) later for a proper bitch slap!"
https://www.nationalsportstribunal.gov.au/decisions/nst-e23-157713
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yet another Homme sea serpent locked out from Foamie Tony's Moulin Rouge Aquacade.
Le Gay Paree Bugle : "Govt's have tied male bodybasher'z wave twirling batons in a knot!" Ouch!
No! It's not a laughing matter & yes it hurts deep down inside'n'all.
tbb feels sorry for his kindred spirited sea serpents.

Team USA Artistic Swimmer Bill May 2015 Gold / 2023 Silver (No Moulin Rouge Aquacade?)
17yrs performed for Circque du Soleil Aquacades (#1 Over Qualified 2024 Olympic Athlete!)
"Anyone who tries it knows it's the most difficult sport in the world."

Team Italy Artistic Swimmer Giorgio Minisini 4x Gold Medalist (No Moulin Rouge Aquacade?)
Giorgio : "I prefer the fear of uncertainty to the certainty of unhappiness!" FU All ...Outta here!

We soar as unfathomobiles and orchestrate all Blue Planet Forces..
We won't be judged by yer feeble inept Mount Olympus Godz.

Positive Athleticism in perspective > Pfizer leads the Medal Tally
Headline: Yet even more [+] Aussie Pax Addicts go undefeated to claim a medal.

Unbelievable that 5 covid infected Water Polo players go undefeated to knock off #1 Olympic Team!
Considering Europe said it's shit & chucked record amounts of Pax in the bin.
While Record Oz Pax Patients Clogging our Record Long Oz Health Crisis...still dying in large numbers
From their wards watch [+] Olympic Pax Teens defeat all comers to bag a record Gold Haul in Record time?

WHO / NHS / CDC / TGA + GOD Queue for Oz Team Doctor's miracle mystery Pax Combo script!
C'mon! Let's fasttrack that Olympic Quack's script onto the PBS to save $1m / wk.
Olympic Doc's Patients : "Like a Rocket...I Fuckin' Flew to moon & Twice round the world to win gold!"

Check the practice routine of this highly regarded #1 US Team of all Olympians
Hard to believe that 5 Covid recovering patients just knocked them off...wot is in that Aussie Team Pax!

Yet this #1 US Athletic Team take lessons off even more athletic Artistic Swimmers

Then these Top Athletic Artistic Swimmers ban male Team Mates...the whole deal defies belief!

The only true non corrupt Olympic Athletes are prohibited from competing...Why?
Olympic spirit once held free open aquatic events of any manner in any body of water...not now!

2024 it's less than ideal to surrender Corporate power to promote free spirited endeavour!
Politicizing sport economizes human evolution...if we can bottle it & cap it...then we corner the market.
Why let them drink the elixir of life freely from the fountain of youth...mine precious! Read the fine print!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 9 Aug 2024 at 8:48pm
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Is Khelif has female chromosomes they would have squashed it instantly. All the have done is show a birth certificate or passport. Guilty as charged.

@ burleigh , what has she been charged with ? and by whom ? Instagram ?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 7:52am

I have been applauding the leadership of J Fox .

The real leader of the team is Anna Meares , the "chef de mission " .

She is the ONE , that has set the Tone , for our Team .

Anna chose Fox , to carry our Flag !

A nice Queensland girl , a real Legend imho !

PM material !

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 8:03am
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 9:00am

Khelif…Gold. Will meltdown a few Karens.

Waiting to see what JK Rowlings has to say after calling her a trans man…which she knows is wrong. I mostly agreed with Rowlings up to this instance. She has come out of it looking like a bitter old whinger.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 9:42am

XY power for the win.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 10:18am

He/she/ won gold

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 3:57pm

How good is the breaking!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 5:07pm

XY power breaking womens spirits you mean?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 6:35pm

Nah, I was talking about the breakdancing. Aussie chick ‘starring’.

I’ve been ‘asked to leave’ a couple of establishments after throwing down moves that would have won that battle.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WP0hQku_LXQ?si=Sa-EhFCJYENhs0-Z

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 7:29pm

Good to see the huge support Khelif is getting from various sports stars and other women in her division , many have boxed with her for over a decade and know her well .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 9:04pm
Supafreak wrote:

Good to see the huge support Khelif is getting from various sports stars and other women in her division , many have boxed with her for over a decade and know her well .

Your algorithm is working well. I'm seeing the complete opposite. Have you got any proof she's got 100% female DNA?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 10:16pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
adam12 wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
old-dog wrote:

Adam12 Hi. Hope ya well, cracking day today, looks like clean slightly improved surf tomorrow morning, I’m on it.

Of course ‘BargeArseNess’ is handing out royalties to competitors, pity she can’t reciprocate the feat and back pay indigenous folk for the destruction of their lands and culture .

If she gets out her abacus, hires her little office boy, you know the one, he’s a bit like a puppy with a round face but he’s losing/lost hair all over his cranium like he’s infested with mange, answers to the call, Peter, gets around, once got of his lead and out of his yard and found himself in Perth for a day, sniffing arseholes and cocking his leg on some of the guests, I heard he backed one out of that thermonuclear reactor of an asshole he’s got.

She’s embarrassing, like a little girl in a doll shop asking the guy at the counter if they got any more dolls that are more expensive than the one she’s holding.

@AW, sorry I missed this yesterday, been trying to keep off these threads but not doing that well at it.
I like the doll analogy.
My brother calls her the fat bully kid in the sandpit that wants ALL the marbles so no one gets to play but her.
Of all the Australians in public life I hate, she is probably at the top, or top three.
Her pernicious influence on this country is barely recognised but she is a driving force behind much of what is wrong with modern Australia. She sets LNP policy, the most recent example being the stupid nuclear energy policy. Dutts was against nuclear power here, he's on record, I've watched the interview where he dismissed it. After the trip to Rinehart's birthday party, where she spelled out her wishes, he flipped. She owns, literally, half the LNP.
Her appropriation of our Olympic team, and the swim team in particular, makes me want to....dunno, scream or vomit or punch something.
She uses her money like a weapon, toe the line or else. She had the gall to demand Swimming Australia sack it's President and replace him with Dawn Fraser. Now no bagging Dawn, great swimmer, Olympian and Australian, but FFS the woman is 87 years old and it should not be up to Gina who runs it. She also demanded Dawn be paid expenses up to $2500 a day, free first class airfare and other rubbish like only tea and coffee served at board meetings, removal of welcome to country, and FMD that she (Gina) gets to have a swim in the pool at World Championship events.
She also wanted to have the final say in how SA spent it's sponsorship money before she took her marbles away when they refused.
She did the same thing to the Netballers. Sportswashing Hancock Prospecting.
So she donates money, but never without strings attached.
Like Jamie Packer, she could have been a great Australian, loved and admired for spreading some of her butter around the place and asking for nothing in return. But these billionaires, especially the nepo babies, are incapable of selflessness. Greed rules them. The woman is unwilling to even share with her own children.
I have watched her over the years, her behavior towards her father on his death bed, the fake witnesses she flew in to give fake evidence against Rose and how she manipulated her son John in that matter and then disowned and disinherited him, the stealing of her children's inheritance, and the refusal to recognise the rights of her father's partners. I've read some of her stupid speeches, her climate denialism, I'm gonna stop now because I'm getting myself angry, but you get what I mean.

On more important matters, been some good, not big, but good conditions of late and crowds down. I know you've been getting amongst it, me just a bit, just enough, "only when necessary" as Matt Johnson would say. Skipped the big name reefs and set ups lately, I'm fkn lazy, just been focusing on my little local high tide reef which loves these smaller swells. Scored it solo a couple of times the last few days. I love solo go outs at familiar waves. All mine, pick the gems. Nothing better.

Sorry about your black'n'white boys, I thought they had it at 3/4 time. But the upside is you can de stress for the rest of the season now. They will be back next year, too much talent there to slip away.
And my boy Dusty went out like a champ, always a tiger. My brother said something funny to me when we were talking about it, "I've never said I love a man, but I think I love Dusty",
"Me too" was my reply.
I'll leave you with that @AW.
Sorry again I missed this post yesterday.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 10 Aug 2024 at 11:04pm
adam12 wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
adam12 wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
old-dog wrote:

@AW, sorry I missed this yesterday, been trying to keep off these threads but not doing that well at it.
I like the doll analogy.
My brother calls her the fat bully kid in the sandpit that wants ALL the marbles so no one gets to play but her.
Of all the Australians in public life I hate, she is probably at the top, or top three.
Her pernicious influence on this country is barely recognised but she is a driving force behind much of what is wrong with modern Australia. She sets LNP policy, the most recent example being the stupid nuclear energy policy. Dutts was against nuclear power here, he's on record, I've watched the interview where he dismissed it. After the trip to Rinehart's birthday party, where she spelled out her wishes, he flipped. She owns, literally, half the LNP.
Her appropriation of our Olympic team, and the swim team in particular, makes me want to....dunno, scream or vomit or punch something.
She uses her money like a weapon, toe the line or else. She had the gall to demand Swimming Australia sack it's President and replace him with Dawn Fraser. Now no bagging Dawn, great swimmer, Olympian and Australian, but FFS the woman is 87 years old and it should not be up to Gina who runs it. She also demanded Dawn be paid expenses up to $2500 a day, free first class airfare and other rubbish like only tea and coffee served at board meetings, removal of welcome to country, and FMD that she (Gina) gets to have a swim in the pool at World Championship events.
She also wanted to have the final say in how SA spent it's sponsorship money before she took her marbles away when they refused.
She did the same thing to the Netballers. Sportswashing Hancock Prospecting.
So she donates money, but never without strings attached.
Like Jamie Packer, she could have been a great Australian, loved and admired for spreading some of her butter around the place and asking for nothing in return. But these billionaires, especially the nepo babies, are incapable of selflessness. Greed rules them. The woman is unwilling to even share with her own children.
I have watched her over the years, her behavior towards her father on his death bed, the fake witnesses she flew in to give fake evidence against Rose and how she manipulated her son John in that matter and then disowned and disinherited him, the stealing of her children's inheritance, and the refusal to recognise the rights of her father's partners. I've read some of her stupid speeches, her climate denialism, I'm gonna stop now because I'm getting myself angry, but you get what I mean.

On more important matters, been some good, not big, but good conditions of late and crowds down. I know you've been getting amongst it, me just a bit, just enough, "only when necessary" as Matt Johnson would say. Skipped the big name reefs and set ups lately, I'm fkn lazy, just been focusing on my little local high tide reef which loves these smaller swells. Scored it solo a couple of times the last few days. I love solo go outs at familiar waves. All mine, pick the gems. Nothing better.

Sorry about your black'n'white boys, I thought they had it at 3/4 time. But the upside is you can de stress for the rest of the season now. They will be back next year, too much talent there to slip away.
And my boy Dusty went out like a champ, always a tiger. My brother said something funny to me when we were talking about it, "I've never said I love a man, but I think I love Dusty",
"Me too" was my reply.
I'll leave you with that @AW.
Sorry again I missed this post yesterday.

Adam12. Hi mate.

Cool reply, happenstance is always lurking in the shadows. Our grey matter trundles along at the same pace.
I agree , as usual, with all you wrote. Analogous thought processes.
I admire your skill, tenacity, literacy , legal know how and your expression of content, it’s definitely refreshing to read your posts, especially the long winded ones, it’s almost like a news bulletin, I look forward to them however regular or irregular they arrive in my pseudo Swellnet ‘inbox’ and its for free.

I lose patience quickly, get riled up inside with these economic ‘punch and Judy ‘ types, manipulating government, economic and social strings to get their puppets to ‘repeat after me’.
National bullies in reality.

Ultimately and sadly a vast proportion of us vote their ‘puppets on a string’ into government.

Pies have gone west, way too many primary injuries at the start of the season.
Dusty is a Champ- people’s and a player. I admire his silence, personal choice, doesn’t posture to anyone.
I hope you, your brother and father are all hanging in there together.

Surf wise, it’s been tricky of late, alas, if you do your homework and watch, times, tides and people movements, you can score.
Tuesday gone was one of those days where the aforementioned summations paid off . Very nice surprise with only three out across two reefs, sunny 3-4-5ft, mid morning, 4 hour session. Most folk thought it was going to drop in size when in fact it surprisingly increased in size, so good.
Another good 3hr session this morning just after low tide, albeit a little weaker in push but nonetheless there were plenty of waves.

Keep and go well, until when we next speak, all the best. AW

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 2:33am
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Your algorithm is working well. I'm seeing the complete opposite. Have you got any proof she's got 100% female DNA?

Yes burleigh , hope this doesn’t get your knickers in a twist .

Solitude's picture
Solitude's picture
Solitude Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 5:51am

To all our kiwi friends - how good are you going at the Olympics? 9 gold. Awesome showing.
Could be best country per capita?

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:08am
ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Sunday, 11 Aug 2024 at 7:11am
Solitude wrote:

To all our kiwi friends - how good are you going at the Olympics? 9 gold. Awesome showing.
Could be best country per capita?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/olympics/olympics-2024-new-zealand-win-...