Olympic Frothhhh

southernraw's picture
southernraw started the topic in Sunday, 21 Jul 2024 at 11:42pm

Less than a week out. Bring the froth. Carn the Irakanjis. Carn the Aussies in all fields. I have EE for a sly gold
To get the ball rolling.....THE world record gold from the great Thorpedo, Sydney, 2000.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 6:05pm
AndyM wrote:

Yeah, there seems to have been a fundamental change,
I can think of a few reasons that might be driving it, none of them easy to address.

Intersectionality, Critical Theory, etc were already a thing, and many changes were set in motion, but in general it was a much more innocent time. I look at our photos from '19 and remember exactly what was going on and the vibe. There has been a paradigm shift in the interim.

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 7:01pm

Two terms I'm unfamiliar with but have had a quick squiz. Thanks I.B. my radar is now up for both theories and I'll dig deeper over time.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 7:06pm

It was just a couple of examples, but I think learning about those first alerted me to things changing significantly.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 7:29pm
AndyM wrote:

I was having a dig at burls VJ.

He’s of the absolute opinion that people who have made a certain mistake are beyond redemption, children should not be vaccinated etc etc

AndyM cutting off his nose to spite his face yet again. Sympathises with a pedo rapist to try prove me wrong. What a sick world we live in.

But, please tell me how raygun hurt your feelings again buddy,

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 8:06pm

"Sympathises with a pedo rapist"

How predictable, bogan public bar logic.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 9:08pm

burls, explain to me how a convicted rapist shouldn’t be allowed at the Olympics yet a convicted rapist is all good to run for President of the USA?

Does the volleyball rapist also have 34 felony convictions? That would make it even worse, don’t you think?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 17 Aug 2024 at 9:38pm
Roadkill wrote:

burls, explain to me how a convicted rapist shouldn’t be allowed at the Olympics yet a convicted rapist is all good to run for President of the USA?

Does the volleyball rapist also have 34 felony convictions? That would make it even worse, don’t you think?

So you’re not worried about Raygun anymore?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 18 Aug 2024 at 7:55am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

So you’re not worried about Raygun anymore?

RayGun was last weeks news. I don’t care really. Good attempt at changing the subject.

It seems you have sympathies for a rapist tho. Not a convicted pedo but Trump has said one of the perks of owning beauty contests was being able to go backstage and examine the underage girls. Trump also flew on Epstein’s plane and hung out with him many times.

And you are all good with this?

So again, how is it ok in your world for a convicted rapist to be President of the USA? Yet a convicted rapist can’t compete at the Olympics?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 18 Aug 2024 at 8:38am

Putting a halt to this talk now. It's inexcusable this stuff is appearing on the homepage.

Take it elsewhere. Off the site if you have to.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 18 Aug 2024 at 8:53am
velocityjohnno wrote:

haha I've got more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFyrgaC8iB4

(from someone who was bad at sport and needed a surfboard)

[quote=velocityjohnno

(haha, love it, like in a high-quality-surf heat, imagine having that to yourself! looks like she's having fun..)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 18 Aug 2024 at 9:24am

Hey base6

Thanks 4 posting the clip !

I think she did ok , quite a lot of Tricks , on the Pipe .

Went backwards , at the end .

Was quite impressed , after watching the first clip which said she did Nothing .

No Eddie Eel , slithering down a Pipe imho , more an Olympic Dreamtime ( she Finally became an Olympian ) Icy Snake or Eagle , having a Beginners Crack , on an Icy Pipe .

She had the Bradbury Strategy !

Hope everyone , falls over .

Just like a Raygun , perhaps ?

Both have Guts .

Funny stuff !

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 18 Aug 2024 at 1:58pm

just when you though it was over

things just got awkward for raygun...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 4:47pm
southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 6:17pm

I wonder how much the Raygun original Team Australia trackie would fetch at an auction right now. Most famous piece of 'sporting' memorabilia to grace the olympics in history?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 7:25pm

Aussie/Brit cyclist defect to to UK. Has triggered a few…looking forward to the petition to start going around demanding he pay back his training costs etc.

Aus would actually win the Gold for signing up new citizens just prior to Olympics and or world championships in anything.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 9:42pm
Roadkill wrote:

Aussie/Brit cyclist defect to to UK. Has triggered a few…looking forward to the petition to start going around demanding he pay back his training costs etc.

Aus would actually win the Gold for signing up new citizens just prior to Olympics and or world championships in anything.

Yes, I don't think we would hear much other than cheering if he was coming the other way. They offered the cash and the program, which looks like a smart move for him. At least he waited until after the 'lympics.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 31 Aug 2024 at 6:58am

Paralympic breakdancing.
V impressive.

https://x.com/iseeuliars/status/1829374855613235509

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Sep 2024 at 10:33pm

Q: How to compete & win M+F Olympic Medals for same event in Consecutive Olympics.
1st Tip...Man never had a sex change & was certified to compete alongside Women competitors.
2nd Tip...Man is 10 years older and about a foot shorter than 90% of Female competitors...still won a medal!
3rd Tip...2017 Another Man likewise Won same World Cup Women's Event...No women complain!
Why! Coz some Women have won medals in 5 / 8 Olympics in similar Men's Events...too easy!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Fieldman

Think that's weird...
Some Olympic Sports actually allow any gender to compete amongst M / F for any nation...Shh!
tbb believes crew can enter Teahupoo Lineup and team with o/s Olympian for Women's Gold Medal!
How so...Well! ISA have no specific ruling on this...but does empower the Head Judge to Veto.
https://mcusercontent.com/a9e5b7f44e66a4afe2c244aab/files/b3d0636e-cb84-...

If UAE Chix Team hire Kelly as a Ranch Hand...What can Foamie Tony do...Start a War with Team USA?

See Universal Unisex precedent in Olympic Caddy Charter.
https://www.igfgolf.org/pdf/paris-2024/igf-olympic-golf-regulations-pari...
[ A caddie is NOT required to be of same Nationality as the Athlete (He/She) is employed by! ]
Sure! Ya can't do drugs but you will be paid well by yer adopted Olympic National Surf Team.

Loophole allows any crew the opportunity to caddy for yer fav Olympic Surfer of any Gender or Nation.
Tip : Crew can be paid to paddle a rad new board into an Ideal Olympic Ranch Line Up...
Each VIP Pool Party paddle stroke is valued higher than a cheap Olympic Medal in real dollar terms!
Can leave the money on tbb's fridge!
Guess the crew will be harshly Judging yer Gold Medal Wave Wrangling...Yew!

Problem :
Couch Surfin' Hodad Coxwains chew thru packets of M/F Olympic Medals > Hodad Caddies can't bite one!
Very reason...Olympics are looking to hand out $2 Gold Medals to CEO's / Sponsors + Dodgy Caddies.