The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Sunday, 25 Jul 2021 at 1:26pm

Uni assignment i did a few years ago. This is my take on things. I'm sure this will ruffle many feathers. I hope so.
Love Blue Diamond x

The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

Introduction – Compensatory Justice
Disparities between the standards of living of humans on this planet have long been a part of our history on this planet. From the wealthy nations of the West to the developing and undeveloped nations on this globe, the diversity in the quality of life when viewed from a moral standpoint are without a doubt grossly unfair.
In this paper I will look at why historic injustices do require some form of reparation. I take a strong stance that we are more obliged to solve current injustices than to provide reparation for every act of injustice in the past. In doing this I will first investigate the historic injustice of the Aboriginal people of Australia and I will look at the argument that they are entitled to some form of reparation and why.
I will incoroporate some interesting views from Jeremy Waldron, Robert Nozick and others which will help me slowly build to my conclusion that reparation should be in the form of Non Indigenous Australians surrendering some of our priveleges as a form of reparation.

Historic Injustices to Indigenous Australians:
Australia the continent was well inhabited for many years long before white settlement. It is commonly known that in 1788 Australia was colonised as a country under the rule of the British Empire, with total contempt for the fact that it was already inhabited by a native indigenous race of people.
The way the original inhabitants have been treated, including forced assimilation, execution, stolen families and not even allowed to be recognised as citizens for a large part of white Australia’s history are also well known facts. (Poole, 1999,pp114-142)
There exists now a situation where there is a large divide between Aboriginal and non Aboriginal Australian’s that can be traced back to the moment Australia was invaded by English settlers and the brutal and unfair treatment that has followed.
So at this point now, in 2013 what is the just and fair way to make amends for past actions?
I would argue that a moderate to large amount of reparation is overdue for this nation of people, the Aboriginal people. But there are many challenges to this view point especially that of how much reparation, and what sort of compensation.

Past injustices or present suffering?
One of the questions raised in an issue like this is whether it is better to provide compensation or reparation for past deeds, which have already been done in a previous generation and cannot be changed, or whether it is better to now provide assistance to those who are suffering in their current situations and consider that as a form of moral duty.
To understand this we need to delve a little deeper into this issue and hear some differing viewpoints.
Firstly we need to understand what the best way to provide reparation. How do we judge what is the best way of giving back and how much? Jeremy Waldron states “The historic record has a fragility that consists, …in the sheer contingency of what happened in the past” (Waldron,1992,p5 )
This is saying that we can’t trace every single injustice back to the original act therefore reparation for every act would be almost impossible because it would ultimately be guess work.
In this statement he has an objection from Robert Nozick who believes it is in fact possible to address this problem by “changing the present so that it resembles how the past would have looked had the injustice not taken place” (McKenzie, 2013)
This would be a way to ultimately provide maximum reparation, but is it the correct approach? I believe this is a fairly radical approach, although it does have some merits in the fact it would be working in a positive way for indigenous people, I don’t think it is entirely the right way to deal with these issues but it is on the right track.
Waldron argues that it is based on too many unknowns. “The status of counterfactual reasoning about the exercising of human reasoning of human freedom is unclear”(Waldron 1993,p10)
Which leaves the question somewhat open about the sort of reparation that is required, but provides one clear answer to the key question. Both agree that yes, reparation to some extent is required. But how much and in what form?
Another philosopher who leans more towards Waldron’s views is Kymlicka. He is somewhat more straightforward in his assessment that property rights in particular for Aboriginals would create “massive unfairness” and also he maintains the argument “Aboriginal rights must be grounded in concerns about equality and contemporary disadvantage. (McKenzie, 2013) I agree with both these views but I don’t think they provide any active solutions.

The Solution?
So if its not handing back all of Australia’s land to the original inhabitants that is the most appropriate way to deal with past injustices, then what is?
I look at the current country I grew up in, as a white Australian. I ask myself why I never had Aboriginal friends growing up, no understanding of Aboriginal culture and why my basic understanding of Indigenous Australians is mostly 200 years old. I look at our flag, a symbol of a nation that stole a country from its original inhabitants, with no recognition of the Indigenous people at all on it. I see that Australia considered Indigenous people as less than people until only 40 years ago and I see the way that Indigenous Australians live a completely separate life to the way of life I know as an Australian. I see that the only indigenous politician I am aware of is a former Olympian and it is because of this fact of her sporting status that I know this. I see no collective power or representation of Indigenous Australians and I see non Indigenous Australians,( a culture built on a history of stealing a land and mistreating its people) still taking, taking as much out of this land as they can, with little to no regard of sharing or giving to the original inhabitants. I see a government that says lots of words about ‘closing the gap’ and bringing the living standards of non- indigenous and indigenous Australians closer together, but apart from nice words, there is no conviction, no follow through, just assimilation , and all that still remains are injustices.
As stated by Sparrow, “Continuity gives rise to responsibility on part of present generations of Australians for our history”.(McKenzie,2013). Although deeds happened in the past beyond our control, what we do now to either ignore, or rectify these issues will reflect on us in history. So if we choose to do nothing, we are contributing to the history of the mistreatment of non- indigenous Australians. And this is simply unacceptable in my opinion.

Conclusion
So what is fair? I believe that the way forward is a surrendering of some of our privileges as non- indigenous Australians. The simple fact is it was morally wrong without a doubt what has happened in the past. And it is also morally wrong without a doubt to ignore these facts and not offer some form of reparation in the present. But how much?
I think that going back to Robert Nozick’s argument is a start. I think Nozick is wrong to make the present resemble the past in every aspect. But I do think that it would be reasonable to restore some aspects of the way things should be. The things that happened in the past were out of our control and we can’t go back to changing the way things were. But we could change the way things are.
For some examples. Why not give at least 50% of political power to indigenous people? It surely would be a fair thing to do considering this is their country. Media control. 50 percent. Industry. Realestate. The list goes on. Why do we not acknowledge the indigenous people on our flag, or better still use their flag? Why is Australia still a part of the Commonwealth when it serves little purpose to any of us and serves as a constant reminder to Indigenous Australians that they are still controlled by the original invaders. These to me are fairly simple reparations that would have minimal impact on Australia as a whole. Perhaps, it would alter the way we live but I think it is our responsibility, morally to forfeit some of our privileges for the greater good. Basically a little bit goes a long way.
In closing, it is a fact that a huge injustice occurred to the Indigenous population and suffering continues to this day. There is no easy solution to such a burden of pain. I believe the only solutions are for the non- Indigenous population to take responsibility and sacrifice our own way of life to bring about an overall equality. Sacrifice is not an easy word. But it all comes down to right and wrong. We are in a position to give, in this current generation. What are we so scared to lose, that was never ours in the first place??

Bibliography
McKenzie,C.”Prof” (2013), Lecture, Historic Injustices and Indigenous Rights, Macquarie University
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

References
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:42am

I'm just so glad that burley lowinfo costco etc will be supporting Treaty and TruthTelling and Reparations when the ref falls flat. Goodonya fellas.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:43am
sypkan wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

Burleigh, is everyone who promotes Yes being paid?

How about those who promote No?

I believe they are getting paid. Do you think these c grade celebs writing YES on their hand and copy and pasting the exact same copy are doing it for free?

I was about to say I doubt they are getting paid...

"...and copy and pasting the exact same copy are doing it for free?"

but that is a real obvious covid 101 tactic

dissapointing if they are getting paid, but at the same time, I guess they still agree with that position

I better clarify. Any C grade celeb that is writing yes on their hand or body and using the same copy is getting paid 100%.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:46am
burleigh wrote:
sypkan wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

I believe they are getting paid. Do you think these c grade celebs writing YES on their hand and copy and pasting the exact same copy are doing it for free?

dissapointing if they are getting paid, but at the same time, I guess they still agree with that position

I better clarify. Any C grade celeb that is writing yes on their hand or body and using the same copy is getting paid 100%.

How about C grade celebs who write 'No' on their hand or body? Are they getting paid?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:48am

sam newman loves to do sam newman...

but I honestly cannot believe he came out and said that. things have taken a real dark turn

whatever the outcome... I think we're fucked!

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:58am

Are you 100% sure burley… Really ;)

You proudly exclaimed that your reasoning for making a decision to vote was based purely on what your friend and their extended family and friends are doing.

- yet you are sure of ppl getting paid but you don’t actually know for sure but are 100% assuming they are…

You’re a bit of a bundle of contradictions and vague hypothetical theories ;)

- and for a bloke accusing others of having a closed mind, about as dense and inflexible as your fuck no mates wooden dildos…

But everyone deserves a voice ;)

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:55am

Sam Newman, meh, always was and will be forever a total fuckwit.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything intelligent come out of his mouth, the quicker he vacates this world the better, Fucking moron. AW

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:57am

Lock that in eddie ;)

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:58am
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:
sypkan wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

Show me
Show me something and I’ll let you know

How about C grade celebs who write 'No' on their hand or body? Are they getting paid?

Show me something and I’ll tell you what I think

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 9:59am
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:02am
indo-dreaming wrote:
harrycoopr wrote:

Look at all the old fucks... probably need to wait for Hanson and her generation to pass into oblivion b4 real change happens.

Its so funny when you lefties think like this, the aspect that you dont understand, is that while you might not have got wiser and more conservative as you grew up, naturally most people do, so it just doesn't work the way you think it does.

Like the old saying goes

"If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

I think you've got this one wrong Indo. The "old fucks" in that photo never got wiser as they got older. They were latched on conservatives from the day their brains started developing and their thought processes were backed up by people like Andrew Bolt. And they will never change - which is sad.
The truly wise are the ones that grew up seeing through all the bullshit, continually educated themselves and have a more balanced compassionate view on life than most of the old biddies in that photo.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:28am

….. or the truly wise know that the more they know the little they actually do know

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:28am
udo wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-newman-asks-aussies-to-boo-welcome...

Who is Sam Newman?
Has he got something to do with that game that resembles seagulls chasing chips around a oval shaped field??? Men in tight shorts....
Silly game. Let's start a new issue to argue over.
Go Broncos!!! Giddy up...

waveman's picture
waveman's picture
waveman Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:31am
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://apple.news/AtMN4P5NSRwyyDgpPqbq7Nw

Does the central land council have a part to play here? As the recipients of large quantities of government funding and who then administer & distribute said funding, how much responsibility should they be allocated? It’d be nice to see some leadership from entities like these.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:35am

…. or, how often do you hear someone say “I’ve got 5 or 10 years experience in/as ..”?

So the question I might ask is that really 5 or 10 years experience or is it really only 1 years experience ‘experienced’ 5 or 10 times over?

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 10:36am
AlfredWallace wrote:

Sam Newman, meh, always was and will be forever a total fuckwit.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything intelligent come out of his mouth, the quicker he vacates this world the better, Fucking moron. AW

Amen to that AW. I just dont understand how ppl like him can be popular? Is it bcos he IS a fukwit and ppl love a good fukwit or hate one as the case may be? He truly is a disgrace to our species.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 11:00am

1791 Point of First recorded Contact in Qld...(Moreton - formally White Bay)
Bryant escapee crew of 11 seek refuge from a storm.
Local Ngugi Women & children provided firebrand to Mary Bryant with children.
Bryant party sheltered in 2 Local's huts for 2 nights 3 days at Tangalooma.

Once the storm had passed & water was provisioned ...the convict crew were on their way north.

Peaceful harmonious treatment of refugees & no lives threatened or lost...

23 Nov 2017 : Dear tbb : " We would like to thank you for your donation of "Discovery of Moreton Bay"
What a beautiful presentation. So much detail is notable and we were especially appreciative of the sketches...with our thanks! Dr K. Cohen Senior Researcher."

So why was tbb never gonna be happy with such rewarding glowing response...

They, the Qld Historical Society never provided a [Reference number] Standard upon donated entries.
Meaning if the presentation is beautiful & notable then why not available in a catalogue upon request!

Why! Because it bucks the later false 1799 Qld Skirmish Point Qld origin narrative of 'us vs them'!
Both black & white have reason to feel aggrieved & that fits their false narrative perfectly.(Win Win!)
Pantomime continues with reenactments of irrelevant later contrived point of conflict origin.
Celebrate the spread of spirited fear & hate...fuck yeah!

Promoting lads havin' a duel but never admit to cowardly refuge in caring savages arms.
No Battle ~ No War Cry ~ No Male Dominance ~ No Relevance ~ No Future!

No reconciliation today or never...This is War...That's how we like it down on the Southern Mission
Law makers need Oppressed need Law makers need Oppressed.
Both co exist in perpetuity = Perfect well worn warranted vine of yin & yan by default.
Touch nothin'...Keep up the Fight...all got a reason for Men to lead with a blood lust recipe to live!

Emasculation don't need any help brother...don't need none of yer sissy shit 'round here mate!
No cat.Number...for your beautiful notable reconciliation effort tbb...mind how ya go!

More of the same blood lust as it ever was, contrived whitewashed history lessons for the kids!
Livin' this vile lie...gets more costly & painful each day...please reconcile, if only for the kids!

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 11:02am

While I don't agree with most of what Newman says I reckon you'd find that there are A LOT of people who agree with him but are too afraid to admit it.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 11:54am
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/indigenous-activist-slams-...

I agree with her:

A Welcome to Country is a ceremony, typically performed by a local Aboriginal person of significance such as an Elder, to give consent to events taking place on their traditional lands.

But Ms Haines-Jamieson claims that the way it is used now isn’t as helpful as you might believe.

“It was never intended for opening football games or corporate or social events. It was an actually a practice used for ensuring permission and safe passage to and through tribal boundaries. Now, it’s been so mainstream it’s made people be apathetic,” she claimed.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 11:58am
goofyfoot wrote:

While I don't agree with most of what Newman says I reckon you'd find that there are A LOT of people who agree with him but are too afraid to admit it.

Goofyfoot. Hi mate.
If thats the case.

What a poor indictment on many Victorians in particular, also those who’d watched his TV charades from interstate, I’ve obviously underestimated the Bolt, bogan, factor thats permeated into the vernacular of many.
What has he ever done ? Played football, whoopee do!!! Intellectual giant, not.
Paid huge annual TV contracts for, what, mostly derogatory comments and behaviours, especially to vulnerable less fortunate street folk and his behaviour towards women, well thats a whole story to be told. Channel Nine complicit all along the way. AW

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:00pm

… everyone deserves a voice ;)

(Exceptions for sam newman, of course)

AW pulling no punches ;)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:15pm

I dislike sam newman with a passion

and I think welcome ceremonies have become so common and arbirtary they have lost all meaning

the qantas message on EVERY flight EVERY time is so pathetic it is painful

but what sam newman has done is release the ugliest of ugly. footy will now be an adam goodes style debate, every fucking week!

if only we could've talked about this stuff with civility....

before!

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:16pm

- Nicky Winmar begged to differ after newman’s blackface stunt a while back, and rightly so…

There is/was a market for it tho, going on the pathetic laughter :
(Last mention of the fuckwit, he doesn’t deserve any air)

https://m.

&pp=ygUhc2FtIG5ld21hbiBuaWNreSB3aW5tYXIgYmxhY2tmYWNl

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:24pm

Theres a time and a place for everything, at a grand final or something where the national anthem is being played or whatever 100% do a welcome to country or acknowledgment thing too, its only fair.

But like many things its gotten to the stage where its everywhere and at times annoying in the same way that it would be annoying if they did some nationalistic Australian thing before everything .

Other wise yeah it loses meaning or effect, in exactly the same way harrycooprs insult's lost any effect after the first half a dozen times.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:24pm

Recently there was a welcome to country prior to a Women's World Cup game. 'Twas some measure of incongruity seeing old mate and his didg-playing offsider standing behind huge corporate signage replete with TM logo.

There's a tendency to see indigeneity as 'pure' compared to the bastard sons of superficial capitalism; perhaps why those with mixed blood more readily explore that side of their heritage than the side who's iconography includes golden arches and a blue thumb and an apple with a bite out of it.

But here was the corporate capturing of an FNP ceremony. Guess it was always bound to happen.

Welcome to the clan, fellas.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:26pm

Time to pull back on advance australia fair ?

Maybe just boo it ;)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 12:56pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Time to pull back on advance australia fair ?

Maybe just boo it ;)

there was a time not so long ago...

where it almost was, or at best, met with a feel of cringe

I miss those times

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:00pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

- Nicky Winmar begged to differ after newman’s blackface stunt a while back, and rightly so…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNwJAQn6Ym8&pp=ygUhc2FtIG5ld21hbiBuaWNreSB...

seem magda getting a run?

a going over in social media...

not talking about her 'list'

history is a bitch

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:02pm
burleigh wrote:
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/indigenous-activist-slams-...

I agree with her:

A Welcome to Country is a ceremony, typically performed by a local Aboriginal person of significance such as an Elder, to give consent to events taking place on their traditional lands.

But Ms Haines-Jamieson claims that the way it is used now isn’t as helpful as you might believe.

“It was never intended for opening football games or corporate or social events. It was an actually a practice used for ensuring permission and safe passage to and through tribal boundaries. Now, it’s been so mainstream it’s made people be apathetic,” she claimed.

Burleigh. Hi. Hope you are well.

I love a Welcome to Country performance , people should take the time to watch, understand and listen to people whose ancestry stretches back a very long way. Disgusts me that its now almost become a dilution of something strong and spiritual within FNP connection to country.

I agree with you that WTCy has been totally hijacked by business and the Corporate sector.

It’s like anything in business, they don’t spend money to lose a buck.
Their thinking is totally about being seen as the ‘right’ thing to do and that hopefully they are viewed in a positive sense by the public, almost a bit of compliance you could say, the more eyes the better.

If anyone thinks this is bunkum, take your mind back to 2000, Sydney Olympics.
Aboriginal motifs emblazoned on everything, their music, their performances, their people, (we’ve seen it all before at other major events) most of it is to portray to international and national visitors how good we are as a nation, heralding and celebrating our indigenous folk, all a facade to cover the truth of what really has gone before us and still happening with gusto today.
It’s not just Australia that does this. Upon arrival in many international airports, getting off the plane, bleary eyed and quickly walking the tunnel back to the departure lounge, walls also often emblazoned with motifs, life like portraits of indigenous people etc. All to make us think, wow this country is great, it’s got a connection to its people, wrong wrong and wrong.

Several years ago I arrived at Denver, Colorado International part of the airport, where the same process was on show, week later, Phoenix, Arizona same there. Step outside these ‘cocoons of pseudo history’ and you’ll find a decrepit North American Indian settlement, arse out of their pants, ostracised severely when i was in a supermarket and all a good 50kms from a ‘normal city’. Same in Oz.
Point being, we wheel out FNP when it suits us and push them backwards when we don’t want their history, hey Twiggy, when are going to cough up what you owe those people you miserable shit. Disgusting.. AW

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:12pm

Different options for different ideas…
- maybe the wallabies could’ve revisited things at this rugby world cup, might’ve given them the edge to beat the fijians ;)

Unfortunately corporate selling out success is only measured in $$$

https://m.

&pp=ygUxYWJvcmlnaW5hbCB2ZXJzaW9uIG9mIGF1c3RyYWxpYW4gbmF0aW9uYWwgYW50aGVtIA%3D%3D

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:14pm
sypkan wrote:
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNwJAQn6Ym8&pp=ygUhc2FtIG5ld21hbiBuaWNreSB...

seem magda getting a run?

a going over in social media...

not talking about her 'list'

history is a bitch

Meh. Pretty big difference between doing something 25 years ago, wholeheartedly apologising and making amends for it, and leaning even harder into your abhorrent views and actions, but you know this.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:31pm
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 1:48pm
harrycoopr wrote:

Had a nice surf... thought I'd check the day's offerings on here. Damn, still going in circles. Pointless engaging people who can't see reason... Well at least they understand now how the Constitution was written in the time of the White Australia Policy... how in '67 we voted in a ref to allow Aboriginal people to be counted as citizens and how, regardless of this refs outcome, the No boys on here will support the claims for Treaty and changing Australia Day.

harry you are wrong the 67 reffo was to give aborigines the right to vote and ergo by that fact they are recognised in the constitution.

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 2:03pm
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

https://twitter.com/ProfessorMMXXII/status/1704436435422695427

That’s shit behavior even is she was getting baited and harassed, spitting from her a professor no less is fucked . It’s going to get uglier this weekend I’d say .

supa the yes demos have had no counter demos in your faces are u suggesting i am expecting trouble from your mob in adelaide?

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 3:04pm

For the No boys... there's the truth, then there's yr "truth"
https://theaimn.com/the-sad-truth/?fbclid=IwAR17PI80n1souq1jYpp1fkshvZ6h...

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 3:05pm
sameaswas wrote:
harrycoopr wrote:

Had a nice surf... thought I'd check the day's offerings on here. Damn, still going in circles. Pointless engaging people who can't see reason... Well at least they understand now how the Constitution was written in the time of the White Australia Policy... how in '67 we voted in a ref to allow Aboriginal people to be counted as citizens and how, regardless of this refs outcome, the No boys on here will support the claims for Treaty and changing Australia Day.

harry you are wrong the 67 reffo was to give aborigines the right to vote and ergo by that fact they are recognised in the constitution.

Sorry mate yr wrong...
https://aiatsis.gov.au/explore/1967-referendum

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 3:11pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:10pm
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

That’s shit behavior even is she was getting baited and harassed, spitting from her a professor no less is fucked . It’s going to get uglier this weekend I’d say .

supa the yes demos have had no counter demos in your faces are u suggesting i am expecting trouble from your mob in adelaide?

Who exactly is “ my mob “

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:20pm
Supafreak wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

Your mob. You know, the spitters and the purple haired Karens. The disgusting yes campaigners

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:33pm

Let’s not get too carried away ay ;)
- plenty of vote noahs out there still seeking purpose in life…

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:37pm
burleigh wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

Your mob. You know, the spitters and the purple haired Karens. The disgusting yes campaigners

Hahahaha , oh burleigh I don’t care what anyone says , I think you’re a legend.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:41pm

@sameaswas , Ive been given the mail that some of shillingsworth mates are dressing up in yes23 shirts and gonna run riot, true story bro .

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:50pm
harrycoopr wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
harrycoopr wrote:

Sorry mate yr wrong...

i am old enuf to remember my parents being aghast when on our b.w. tv the reffo ad came on and they did'nt realise that abos could'nt vote in oz, we only been here 3mnths or so and i can remember the jubilation when over 90% of ppl voted yes and they and everybody else went out to celebrate in pub, footy clubs, rsl and working mens clubs...no bull, actually gettin emotional recalling it, happy days

it had nothing to do with the census, that is propaganda lies,

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:51pm

Don't worry No boys... if the ref gets up we'll have re-education camps run by the blackfellas... they'll set yr thinking straight once and for all

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:52pm
Supafreak wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

don't be pedantic u know who i mean...the yes proles.

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:55pm
sameaswas wrote:
harrycoopr wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
harrycoopr wrote:

Sorry mate yr wrong...

i am old enuf to remember my parents being aghast when on our b.w. tv the reffo ad came on and they did'nt realise that abos could'nt vote in oz, we only been here 3mnths or so and i can remember the jubilation when over 90% of ppl voted yes and they and everybody else went out to celebrate in pub, footy clubs, rsl and working mens clubs...no bull, actually gettin emotional recalling it, happy days

it had nothing to do with the census, that is propaganda lies,

Did you read the link? The 67 ref was about changing the constitution to recognise Aboriginal people as citizens hence the right to vote among other things... try Wikipedia if the Aboriginal Institute is not kosher for ya

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:55pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:59pm
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

classy...

don't be pedantic u know who i mean...the yes proles.

Expect trouble but everything is not as it seems, keep your eyes open and trust no if ya don’t go .

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 4:59pm
Supafreak wrote:

@sameaswas , Ive been given the mail that some of shillingsworth mates are dressing up in yes23 shirts and gonna run riot, true story bro .

it's no jokeing matter, what colour?...brown shirts?

remind me who is shillingsworth? was it the blond chick banned from oz from uk? freedom of speach .

don't answer will google it meself.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 21 Sep 2023 at 5:00pm
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

it's no jokeing matter, what colour?...brown shirts?

remind me who is shillingsworth? was it the blond chick banned from oz from uk? freedom of speach .

don't answer will google it meself.

Good idea father and son will be speakers jr & snr