Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 3:16pm
sypkan wrote:

whatever the 'truth'

I have to agree with many twitter commentators, that it is just bizarre the world has had this intense debate whether hamas beheaded 40 babies... or just murdered them...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/abc-journalist-tom-joyner...

""The scenes of devastation in Gaza from the initial Israeli shelling and bombing are sickening but have the advantage for Israel’s government of mostly burying under rubble the dead victims, many certain to be children and elderly civilians, not leaving them out on the street bleeding out like the victims of the Hamas fighters. But they are just as dead or gravely injured as those shot by Hamas where the grim results were easily photographed and even videoed to be displayed on TV news programs worldwide.""

https://www.counterpunch.org/2023/10/12/israels-war-crime/

The whole thing needs to be stopped asap and only the USA have the power to do that.
It won't happen and I have a sickening fear of what will go down in Gaza over the next few weeks.
And no, I am definitely not apologising for Hamas, but surely there has to be a better way than the mass deaths that are going to occur. It will just breed more hate, more death and destruction and no one wins except the arms producers.
As mentioned in an article by @GSCO, the potential for this situation getting out of control and great powers being dragged into the conflict are terrifying.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 3:18pm

Optimist would be the man for this.

But i think the Jews were actually ordered by some ruler or king to kill their first born for some reason, im pretty sure that story of Moses being hidden in a basket was to protect him from being killed.

Like 2,000+ years ago

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 3:19pm

Despite the hysteria, fear, tragedy, propaganda driven narrative creation and media control… and beyond the emotion, blame and thirst for retribution…
- there are often facts that give clarity and provide meaning to counter blind religious fanaticism, irrational territorial desires and supposed spiritually endorsed fantasies.

First of all… compassion, empathy and forgiveness enable unity.
Superstition and prophetic visions feed insanity.

- intellect creates reason and highlights indisputable truths…

It’s not always about saying what you want to say or hearing what you want to hear…

Listening facilitates understanding.
- understanding brings about resolution and change.

https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 3:23pm
gsco wrote:

Islam started in ~610AD.

That’s when this conflict began.

It's pretty crazy to think Jews & Judaism and their history in Israel the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah that pretty much form what Israel is today outdates Islam by more than a thousand years back to around the 9th 10th BCE

But to be fair its not only about religion its about identity and shit was already going down way back then import sites like the Solomon temple in Jerusalem that sat on the important site to all Jews, Christian's, Muslims had already been built and been destroyed. (has some big mosque important to Islam now) its where that special stone is too forgot the name.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 3:31pm
Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:06pm

Crikey , what a frenzy….I see jelly the Jew hater hard at it with his yarns.
There’d be no social systems and social justice we have now without Israel.
Killing the first born was when the Israelis were slaves in Egypt and pharaoh wanted a cull of the Israeli males so it was the Egyptians that killed them..
Moses escaped that cull and became the leader hence the exodus from Goshen in Egypt of 2 million people to what’s now Israel.
That curse turned back on the Egyptians with the plagues.
As I’ve said, Muslim Arab and Jew can’t mix any longer as Islam has seen an end to that..
Before Islam they got on reasonably well as they were descended from the same
Great grandfather Abraham. ..Ishmael the first Arab and son of Abraham and an Egyptian girl…he was a Bedouin and very skilled archer ….
as well as Isaac the tribal leader of the Jews and son of Sarah Abraham’s wife.
The Arabs were Bedouin and great traders, no real country but travelled a lot.
Isaac built the tribe of Abraham now Israel.
The God of Abraham is not the god of Mohammad…allah is a god of war and has no son or equal…
The God of Abraham has a son who is co- equal…we know Him as Jesus the Christ…The visible one..the son…the word…alpha and omega…the arm of God…I AM that I AM….Amongst a few other names.
Islam was created hundreds of years after Jesus …it is a modern religion with much copied from Jewish scripture then altered to suit them.
It’s aim is global conquest make no mistake.
Support little Israel stuck surrounded amongst a nest of Islamic hatred.
What’s wrong with just wanting to live.
The islamists have lots of countries to go live in …they should go live there.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:22pm

shii-iit. gsco? wanna play with Optimist? @indo will come over, i'm sure. Just ignore the bad kids like Jelly and frog, they just don't understand. adam12 is running an errand atm, but may be back once you've dug some tunnels, so be mindful.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:17pm

andy-mac with the monsters quote I meant it in the context of great power rivarly, for example what the democracies had to become 1939-45.

No question the Palestinians get the most raw of deals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Bank_Wall_graffiti_art

OK a couple of links, I think Israel is going to go in, and that will be just terrible. First up IDF spokesman details the situation yesterday - note 300,000 troops outside gaza. Also note he mentions a separate, parallel city under the ground in Gaza that is allegedly all Hamas, and is the Israeli target:

And somewhere in my reading today I read mention the entire population of Sderot is being relocated. If true, the quote suggested the armed forces would use it as a staging post. (Can't find link - take with pinch of salt) Maybe was here?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/israel-now-actively-fighting-seco...

If they do go in, it's a world of just awfulness for the Palestinian civilians, but awful too in terms of the actual type of fighting both sides would do. Urban, building to building and tunnels? Just no.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:21pm

"The whole thing needs to be stopped asap and only the USA have the power to do that.
It won't happen and I have a sickening fear of what will go down in Gaza over the next few weeks.
And no, I am definitely not apologising for Hamas, but surely there has to be a better way than the mass deaths that are going to occur. It will just breed more hate, more death and destruction and no one wins except the arms producers...."

totally andymac

to, the whole thing needs to stop...

and, the fear of what will go down...

not sure about US being able to make it stop... seems the israelis are pretty pissed and will go it alone regardless...

whatever hamas did... there is no justification for flattening large swathes of gaza like we have already seen... and this is just the beginning...

I honestly don't understand their... err... strategy...

flattening the whole of gaza is just plain reactive mindless retribution... especially if they still have the policy of giving warnings of their targets. the 'terrorists' will bail, and only normal citizens will suffer...

but I guess they may be clearing the way for their land operation?

it's all crazy, and as vj pointed out, it really doesn't matter how much you believe the 'good books' to be fiction...

actions on all sides are influenced and acted out on faith

the clowns are all willing on a form of armageddon, ...whatever you believe...

let's hope it's not the big one

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:23pm

one positive...

re. vj's little nugget...

at least bush isn't in the white house

he seemed to be clearly influenced by a compulsion to do god's work...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:35pm

Oh muppet man flopti ;)
I’m no jew hater.

Try spin your bullshit whichever way you want…
On many occasions you’ve slandered muslims and had atrocious commentary on stuff like brittany higgins…
- so best you just shut the fark up on your judgements ;)

The other peculiar fact here is this :
Imagine you said you were ‘the chosen people’….

Is it based in truth ?
Is it an invention ?

Imagine everyone else had to believe it and accept it as truth…
What an arrogant, baseless and racist claim.
- just an effort to gain power, to create division, and enforce a lie.

Nothing anti jewish…
- just anti bullshit.

If you read harry potter stories and read them more than others, it doesn’t make you an expert.
If you are descended from the author, it doesn’t mean you have a divine right to what is in the story ;)
It means you may have a greater understanding of the stories…
-doesn’t mean you are accurate, the stories are accurate nor any more meaningful or applicable.
You only just follow the author coz you like the stories ;)

You could say the stories are inspired by real life people and events and serve the purpose of teaching moral codes etc and forewarning of prospective calamities relative to the consequences of bad behaviour.

The thing is… a story is a story.
And a story from thousands of years ago doesn’t legitimise or endorse the superiority of a people over anyone else.

It doesn’t give anyone the excuse to claim it as a reason to take land, occupy it, nor kill the inhabitants.
This principle applies to all religious infatuation.

The participants on each side both repeatedly espouse qualities of righteousness.
Both are guilty in this conflict.

What hamas did a few days back is unconscionable.
What the idf is doing now is as well.

I don’t condone muslim extremism nor excuse jewish retaliatory justifications.
Apparently israel has the right to defend itself according to international law.
- it is illegal to cut off water, electricity or withhold medical supplies.
- it is illegal to use white phosphorus in populated areas.

There is no blame game.
There are no winners.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:43pm

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'"

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 4:49pm

I'm glad someone mentioned Harry Potter. Comedy interlude.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 5:06pm

Haha vj, the return of harry is imminent ;)
- and remember… ‘thou shalt not kill’ !!!!!
(unless it’s ‘necessary’)

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 5:22pm

o rly? Another Harry book? I'll lose my partner for... about a day and night and morning solid.

OK, this is a foreboding headline:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-october-13-2023/

"IDF warns Gaza City civilians to evacuate south as ground invasion looms"

Article mentions 1 million people told to flee.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 5:31pm

Israel is very very serious. Talking of total societal mobilisation and wiping out Hamas.

Urban warfare with the aim of total conquest in populated areas is just horrific for all sides and the residents.

Algeria had such a war years ago. More recently Mosul:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mosul_(2016%E2%80%932017)

Bakmut in the Ukraine is another example but the residents had left. Rubble was all that was left.

Gaza is densely populated, full of tunnels and Hamas would have expected the worst in terms of response. They would have plans for maximum damage. The residents can't leave. No supplies geting in.

Israel has the might. But street to street and tunnel to tunnel that matters less - unless they choose the "turn it all to rubble" option.

It is hard to imagine a worse scenario for tragedy.

Then there are the wider escalation possibilities.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 5:37pm

Wow. Telling nearly half the population of Gaza to leave their homes and head south is just mind boggling. How the hell do they expect them to pull that off in 24hours and where the hell do they go?
The inevitable humanitarian issues involved in evacuating that many people would be staggering.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 6:49pm

?si=yEtzxVmpk7vFUiG_

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 6:52pm

2 million Israelis left Egypt in one day….it was called the exodus and is one of the most famous events in history.
Israel will no longer tolerate missiles from north gaza hammering their homes.
They have warned everyone to leave so they can demolish Hamas underground network that the locals allowed them to build.
If it was Australia everyone would be into it….if it was the US everyone would be into it….if it was Britain everyone would be into it ….as would any other country.
But because it’s Israel, there seems to be “ oh they shouldn’t do that to those poor Palestinian people”…. ….which is in fact true… but WTF do you do …..eat missiles ….eat butchering civilians …or sort the shit out….and piss Hamas off once and for all.
That’s what I would do….and that’s what all you would do too if it was happening to you….so stop the trippy bullshit….and support people just like you.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 6:59pm
Optimist wrote:

2 million Israelis left Egypt in one day….it was called the exodus and is one of the most famous events in history.
Israel will no longer tolerate missiles from north gaza hammering their homes.
They have warned everyone to leave so they can demolish Hamas underground network that the locals allowed them to build.
If it was Australia everyone would be into it….if it was the US everyone would be into it….if it was Britain everyone would be into it ….as would any other country.
But because it’s Israel, there seems to be “ oh they shouldn’t do that to those poor Palestinian people”…. ….which is in fact true… but WTF do you do …..eat missiles ….eat butchering civilians …or sort the shit out….and piss Hamas off once and for all.
That’s what I would do….and that’s what all you would do too if it was happening to you….so stop the trippy bullshit….and support people just like you.

I do love Jesus, but don't know about you Christians....
Or something like that.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 7:11pm

Hey Optimist, you do realise that the story of Exodus is a myth.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 7:26pm

haha
"...So stop the trippy bullshit..."

Back at ya.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 7:44pm
Optimist wrote:

Killing the first born was when the Israelis were slaves in Egypt and pharaoh wanted a cull of the Israeli males so it was the Egyptians that killed them..
Moses escaped that cull and became the leader hence the exodus from Goshen in Egypt of 2 million people to what’s now Israel.
As I’ve said, Muslim Arab and Jew can’t mix any longer as Islam has seen an end to that..
Great grandfather Abraham. ..Ishmael the first Arab and son of Abraham and an Egyptian girl…he was a Bedouin and very skilled archer ….
The God of Abraham is not the god of Mohammad…allah is a god of war and has no son or equal…
The God of Abraham has a son who is co- equal…we know Him as Jesus the Christ…The visible one..the son…the word…alpha and omega…the arm of God…I AM that I AM….Amongst a few other names.
Islam was created hundreds of years after Jesus …it is a modern religion with much copied from Jewish scripture then altered to suit them.

Jelly is clearly anti semitic, what happened last week has been described by many as Israels 9/11 the normal reaction for such an event is one of shock but also empathy.

But his reaction was to post some Free Palestinian rap video and hasn't stopped with all kinds of anti semitic tripe.

Anyway i think your view on things is interesting as if you are one of those Christians that know the bible back to front then you have a much better understanding of the region and its past/history.

Okay sure the Bible is not all fact but its text and stories are generally based on historical events and real places that provide a valuable incite into and the region its people and their movement and the thoughts of the people at the time.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:01pm

god bothering aside. Optimist makes a good point. How many of those asking for restraint from israel would ask the same from ukraine re russia?
Hamas are Islamist extremist terrorist scum. They do not differentiate between Jew or Zionist and just like ISIS or AQ they want all non-believers dead or converted. That is what they are with their stupid beliefs in a Kiddy fiddler they call 'prophet' who sold them all a lie about another lie that lets them kill & rape women and children in the belief they will screw & marry endless kids in some make belief world of weirdo kiddy fiddlers. The corrupt PA fat cats appear to allow them to retain power. Why do the PA allow them to exist? But its Israel's fault. Hamas don't want a 2 state solution they want all jews dead. followed by the rest of us unless we convert. Period.

just call a spade a spade. Hamas are the real deal - racists / homophobes / misogynists. They won't get all offended about some micro-aggression screaming abuse because you hurt their feelings with your "racist" opinion. Hamas, and as history has shown, their apologists will literally kill you in front of your family and worse for not believing in a kiddy fiddler and his make believe god. And people want to make excuses for that. nah. that Israeli settler movement is bullshit illegal agreed. but dismissing the above is crackers.

By the way I had that Hitchens feed come up on my youtube Jelly - very good.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:14pm

seems france has made a mistake or two...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:20pm

tomorrow (today) friday ...delared the 'international day of jihad'...

jewish schools closed in UK

US police on high engagement

really hope this shit don't get too wild in oz

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:21pm

Oh id...
- you are a peanut ;)

You are also free to believe what you like...
Maybe consider you are often way off the mark.
(‘Okay sure the bible is not all fact’ haha)

- as you have proven here on a daily basis, your skill set doesn’t go much further than pretend expert on nothing... your specialty is commenting fervently on things you know actually nothing of, whilst continually showing a tendency to believe hearsay as fact and accept idiocy at face value...

Keep on keeping things ‘balanced’.
- you can’t be this much of a fuckwit... unless... you are ;););)

Here’s some jewish hip hop for you. One of my faves...

&pp=ygUVYmVhc3RpZSBib3lzIHNhYm90YWdl

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:22pm

a cult's gonna cult...

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:31pm
sypkan wrote:

a cult's gonna cult...

https://twitter.com/EvanAKilgore/status/1711123691495416112

Unbelievable

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 8:31pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:04pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Oh id...
- you are a peanut ;)

You are also free to believe what you like...
Maybe consider you are often way off the mark.
(‘Okay sure the bible is not all fact’ haha)

- as you have proven here on a daily basis, your skill set doesn’t go much further than pretend expert on nothing... your specialty is commenting fervently on things you know actually nothing of, whilst continually showing a tendency to believe hearsay as fact and accept idiocy at face value...

Keep on keeping things ‘balanced’.
- you can’t be this much of a fuckwit... unless... you are ;););)

Here’s some jewish hip hop for you. One of my faves...

In all honesty while I don't agree with your views on this and you clearly think history starts in the 20th century, at least you are actually having a view and opinion on something, dare i say even showing some passion and the videos you are posting are actually relevant to the discussion for once.

BTW. It is a great song, happy to say i got to see them live at Livid in the 90s

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:01pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:06pm
sypkan wrote:

a cult's gonna cult...

https://twitter.com/EvanAKilgore/status/1711123691495416112

I wonder if they really do know this, i remember in some video an interviewer pointing this out and the gay person honestly didn't know.

It was used in this video too.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:15pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Jelly is clearly anti semitic, what happened last week has been described by many as Israels 9/11 the normal reaction for such an event is one of shock but also empathy.

But his reaction was to post some Free Palestinian rap video and hasn't stopped with all kinds of anti semitic tripe.

Anyway i think your view on things is interesting as if you are one of those Christians that know the bible back to front then you have a much better understanding of the region and its past/history.

Okay sure the Bible is not all fact but its text and stories are generally based on historical events and real places that provide a valuable incite into and the region its people and their movement and the thoughts of the people at the time.

That’s not the only reason they’re calling it 9/11 Indo

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:24pm

Bonza regarding your post, the expansion and push back has been going on for a very long time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel

and an unconfirmed culinary legend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croissant

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:41pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

I wonder if they really do know this, i remember in some video an interviewer pointing this out and the gay person honestly didn't know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Pw_TxBe7w

great post @indo, an ironic take on those that feel their opinion is the point!!
Laughable, choosing sides, rather than taking time to think, ask, thank,
and feel humility within a complex subject..
'honestly, I'm starting to feel like I'm the victim here' adds a great irony to your post

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:31pm
sypkan wrote:

seems france has made a mistake or two...

https://twitter.com/AmyMek/status/1712554506557546897

Yes, I follow the news from Europe and this is becoming a huge security issue. Europe is in the middle of another huge migrant crisis and now this war will add more fuel to the fire.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:40pm
Alana_a wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Optimist wrote:

That’s not the only reason they’re calling it 9/11 Indo

What do you mean?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:42pm

As far as Israels response goes, they have made it very clear.

The one thing you cannot accuse the protagonists in the ME of is duplicity- they explicitly state in their charters and their words what they intend to do, and by and large they live by those words.
Hamas explicitly calls for the destruction of Israel by jihad in it's charter and lives by those words.

Now Israel is saying they will send a message of deterrence to not just Hamas but all of Israel's enemies.

We should probably believe that too.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:49pm
basesix wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Pw_TxBe7w

great post @indo, an ironic take on those that feel their opinion is the point!!
Laughable, choosing sides, rather than taking time to think, ask, thank,
and feel humility within a complex subject..
'honestly, I'm starting to feel like I'm the victim here' adds a great irony to your post

Another great song/album, i recently tried giving all the following albums a listen but hmmm didnt hear much there that grabbed me maybe only the odd song, it's weird how some bands can create such good albums then produce such bland music afterwards.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:50pm

“You kind of lost me with the comment”
Haha. Jeez Louise. Another one through to the keeper.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:50pm

Yep @FR. Spot on.
I just wish we lived in a world where religion, for those that need it, was a secondary means of determining what should be innate knowledge of what is right and wrong, of not causing suffering to others and how to treat others with respect and kindness.
The common denominator is always religion and its primitive barbaric history being dragged into the present day.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:59pm

@indo, he did a ray davies, diving into suburbia, but tim did it much better. have you read his book, 'detours'? amazingly realised thing.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:51pm

I edited my comment, i get now what he was saying he was commenting on video not da meme.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 9:58pm
basesix wrote:

he did a ray davies, diving into suburbia, but tim did it much better. have you read his book, 'detours'? amazingly executed thing.

Nah i havent I did met him once though back stage after a You Am I/Custard gig, i was sitting alone on these steps with a beer while my mate was talking to someone else and he actually sat down next to me and offered me a glass of his read wine that he had just opened, his persona in public often seems a bit arrogant but he was actually a real nice friendly guy, it was just after Hi-Fi Way was released.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 10:06pm
southernraw wrote:

Yep @FR. Spot on.
I just wish we lived in a world where religion, for those that need it, was a secondary means of determining what should be innate knowledge of what is right and wrong, of not causing suffering to others and how to treat others with respect and kindness.
The common denominator is always religion and its primitive barbaric history being dragged into the present day.

Quran is pretty clear on what to do in this situation. Fundamentalists take this stuff seriously:

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 10:08pm

Move over Henry Kissinger @info from SN is on the job

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 10:11pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Bonza regarding your post, the expansion and push back has been going on for a very long time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel

and an unconfirmed culinary legend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croissant

Thanks VJ. Always enjoy your historical context.

I appreciate my insight is less than limited into this issue. I do have this on my bookshelf https://www.amazon.com.au/Great-Arab-Conquests-Spread-Changed/dp/0753823...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Oct 2023 at 10:15pm

We certainly do live in the lucky country.
- and no matter the outcome of tomorrow, would like to hope aussies don’t ever succumb to this level of hatred and self destruction…

The only thing united are the combined states of fury. Weird that the ol ‘two wrongs don’t make a right’ philosophy is pretty much done and dusted… along with ‘love thy neighbour’.

Has american culture and ideology simply proved that one’s capacity for good is mirrored by the capacity to do bad in equal measure ?

“You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can’t bomb it into peace”.