Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm

Twiggy and Stokes vying for President of Vichy Australia.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:04pm

Blindboy.- if you are willing to forsake your principles for a few dollars ....then you never really had principles.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:05pm

Hey cromwell I dont know if you have noticed or braindead maybe brainwashed
by the chinese or just a little unbalanced which obviously we cant talk about
but we are personally and as a nation already doing it tough.
You seriously need to take check of your nationality and what country you live in.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:08pm

Blowin,, you’re as thick as two short planks, pig ignorant and an arrogant unpleasant bigot. You want insults? Let’s go, we can ruin Stu’s dinner and give Ben palpitations if you want. If not just shut the fuck up arsehole.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:15pm

Cromwell, it's amazing and very sad what people will betray.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:22pm

Toys out of the cot again.

Set your watch, set your calendar.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:30pm

Just laying here watching a movie ( pulp fiction... again) and hear a strange squelching noise* coming from the other side of the room. My missus was a bit puzzled but I managed to ignore it as Vincent Vega sampled his first five dollar shake .

Then we heard a bottle we’ve got balanced on a low window sill behind the TV get knocked. Another animal in the house ....we’ve had frogs and lizards recently.

Turned on the light just to see a thick , dark snake’s tail disappear behind the TV. No visible markings on its back ....fuck.

I have no fear of snakes , but I’m aware that a cornered snake in our bedroom has to be removed and it looked a lot like a tiger. I can’t think of many things worse than killing a snake but I didn’t have any other option. No chance I’m going to wrestle a tiger trying to save it’s life and get bitten in the process.

Grabbed my headlamp which is always handy . Told my missus to grab a shovel . Whilst I was waiting , the snake poked its head out and it was definitely no python. Flickering tongue sensing the anxiety.

Then I had a pulp fiction moment of my own . Whilst waiting for one weapon I saw a better one . I noticed the hand spear I’ve got propped in the corner for home defence . I reckon this qualified as home defence and it would be perfect.

Inched forward to not scare it ,lined it up ....and missed.

Fuck.

Snake retreats . I just hung motionless. Snakes head reappears , take my time and shoot . The spear starts buckling like I’ve just shot a tuna.

Give it a few minutes to die.

Spear keeps bunting. No death.

Get up on the TV stand and dispatch it to the afterlife with a billy club.

Turned out to be a good sized red belly . Now I feel like a cunt. Red bellies are cool and mellow. They eat brown and tiger snakes. Still wouldn’t want to arm wrestle one and risk getting bitten so that’s what had to happen.

Interesting stuff alright.

Whilst this has all gone down , Mia Wallace has snorted Vincent’s skag and turned blue. Tune in just as Vincent readies to drive an adrenaline needle through her breast plate.

I know how you feel Vincent . Not the evening either of us was expecting.

* The squelching noise turned out to be the snake taking a big , messy , evil smelling dump which we found as we were mopping up snake blood off the floor.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:25pm

So you are both accusing me of treason? For what? Daring to disagree, it’s the same tactic you have been using for years, shout down the opposing view with insults and provocations. Mate you’re a fucking lightweight who can’t stick to a consistent position but goes which ever way the wind is Blowin. Little sir echo.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:26pm

Oh yeh and change the subject! Never address the issue, insults, bullshit and cut and run. Pathetic!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:47pm

Both? Three at last count. Possibly four.

It's not treason for "daring to disagree", it's treason by definition because you would sell out the last bits of control of your own country for a couple of pieces of silver.

This country needs a reckoning and if the catalyst is China, so be it.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 7:55pm

Don't wish to increase the beef on this thread, although I like the beef, but aren't red bellies protected? Wildlife Act 1975?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 8:06pm

Second thoughts, I'll have some beef.
You've got google Shane the Snake Killer, could've got your local snakeman for a modest fee. Didn't have to fucken kill the thing.Shit story. No points. And the Vincent Vega tie in sucked balls too.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 8:11pm

Haha sounds like your living in your own private wet market with the snakes,lizards and frogs mate... be careful.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 8:31pm

So what money exactly would that be Andy? You are low life worm capable of nothing more than idle accusation, ill informed comment and sucking up to anyone who has a bigger dick. You make a serious accusation without the slightest consideration for its truth, presumably you do it to amuse yourself when you have wanked yourself into impotence. So take a fuckin’ hike mate, the place gets smelly with your shit all over it.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:06pm

Nice one Cromwell, let 'er rip!

Mate you abandoned truth a long time ago, you run on fear and sanctimony.

Your inconsistencies and hypocrisies are somewhere between embarrassing and pathetic - you are the king of the ill-informed comment.

I respect your commitment and involvement in surfing but I would sincerely recommend that you go and have a chat to a professional before you pop a gasket - your tantys are ridiculous, a two year old would laugh at you and send you to the naughty corner.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 8:58pm

Good to see it’s all going well over here fellas. Keep up the good work!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:11pm
simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:13pm

Talking points worthy of further discussion without devolving into insult.

wow what happened boys.....and cromwell time to take a few deep breathes cause youve slid down the greasy pole mate.

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:17pm

"I can see why some people (including me once upon a time!) might be quick to accuse Blowin of racism..."

When was this Over The Falls? Must've been in private, hey? 'Cos you've just popped up like a shroom!

Welcome aboard! Watch yourself, but. The decks are slippery.

Speakin' of which...

Andy, Andy, Andy...remember when the term 'useful idiot' first got a run on here?

Better than 'fluffer', I guess?!

And then there were 4, hey Shemp?

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:20pm

Pop a gasket ha ha, no chance. Why would I stress over a cipher? You’re not a man, you’re a nameless blip, a digital blot, a nobody from nowhere with nothing of substance to say. You know my name. I am real. You’re nothing more than an irritating buzz, a fart in a lift, an ugly unpleasant yob muttering under his breath, less significant than a mosquito or the wind whistling through the trees. So exactly what money were you referring to? But no, it was just hot air wasn’t it, and not even original, I mean how low can you go, copying off Blowin FFS, copying a moron makes you what? Some lower form of invertebrate? Here’s a challenge, come up with something new, some insult that hasn’t been thrown in my direction before.......but probably not, imagination is a higher cognitive function. Your lizard brain struggles to achieve imitation. So you must be ready for another wank by now, go for it.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:27pm

Bravo Cromwell *slow handclap*
You must be ready for a lie down after that one.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:36pm

Greasy pole? Sliding? Nah just a bit bored with the bullshit and the toxic crap that gets posted here. It’s become the house style. Post some racist shit then abuse and insult anyone who calls it out. So why not play the game? You want insults and abuse? Whee hoo, let’s see what you really got guys.

Nah mate not even warmed up! Come already did you.?

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Thursday, 30 Apr 2020 at 9:48pm

Yeah red bellies are endemic to Aus and protected. They're currently in decline following the decline in native frogs and the introduction of cane toads. I've heard that the toads are acting as a selection pressure on the species and the broad headed phenotype is disappearing where toads are present. Narrow head phenotype doesn't have sufficient gape to swallow the toad and more likely to persist. So not just a decline in overall numbers but a decline in genetic diversity too...

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:18am

Well good news around here is after that rain a few weeks ago weve had an explosion of baby green tree frogs....

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 1 May 2020 at 7:57am

An explosion as in you blew their heads off with a speargun?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:48am

Common eastern froglet, striped marsh frogs and dwarf tree frogs around here.

Haven’t heard a green tree frog for ages.

Trying to keep cane toad populations under control

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:57am

Stu - lol

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:50am

When I was up the Tweed in Jan when that first major rainfall event hit (trough drifting south) the day after there were green tree frogs all over the place on the back roads of Kingy. Great to see.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:54am

On the road?
Are you sure?

Lots of different species of frogs around there.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:57am

I'm no frog expert ha, but hopping around eveywhere. Well they were green though not in the trees..

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:04am

Yeah green tree frogs will soak on the road post-rain at night, they seem to love it. I used to live in an area that you'd have to swerve in your car to miss them. Saw a lot of 2 dimensional ones unfortunately too, from people who didn't see them in time or mistook them for toads...

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:06am

FYI, they're brutal with Asian house geckos too. Great viewing!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:06am

Craig download the Frog ID app. It’s insane fun. Amazing how quickly you get a picture on frog diversity when you can Identify frogs from calls and morphology

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:06am

Yep this was into the night as well. Makes sense, nice!

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:13am

Checkout Rheobatrachus silus, probably one of the most unique in the country, won't be seeing/hearing this one easily as formally classified as extinct. Bucket list animal as a kid...

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:22am

hang on, let me get my frog book.

wow, southern gastric- brooding frog.

Found a great concentration of wallum rocket frogs the other night.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:24am

Wow. very interesting indeed, barfing up the newborns..

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:36am

Yeah pretty amazing parental care adaptation. Apparently the mother's lungs would get progressively crushed during the larvae's metamorphosis. From memory the stomach acids were suppressed during incubation too, so no feeding until the young emerged. Citrid got them unfortunately

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:47am

There's also a chytrid-like fungus thing that's about to potentially blow up in eastern water dragons. Rumour has it that it came in via the exotic pet reptile trade. Terrible to see them with it and they die slowly. Hopefully someone pulls their finger out and does something before it's too late for them too.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Friday, 1 May 2020 at 10:11am

We have had the gold medal for mammal extinctions for a long time. Sounds like we are going for a clean sweep in the terrestrial vertebrates.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 10:29am

And yet Blindboy refuses outright to acknowledge the direct cause of Animal extinctions caused by unsustainable human population growth.

Crazy thing is that he’ll still be mindlessly banging his “ Evil Australia “ drum after another 25Million immigrants added to our numbers have destroyed the ecosystem completely.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 10:39am

Yeah, I think this idea that has become orthodox that rich nations are somehow better stewards of the environment is comprehensively disproved by Australia.

Just drove past one of the local massive new housing estates, driven by super high population growth and witnessed so much loss of habitat.

all the little local wetlands that were home to frogs, bulldozed.
the new inhabitants will no doubt all be poisoning the shit out of everything to maintain their lovely, sculptured garden.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:08am

poor frogs
australia is number two in the world after indoesia for biodiversity loss.

the main cause of habitat loss in australia is landclearing.
increased land clearing rates have been seen in nsw and queensland and are driven by changes in regulations made by those state governments, and not population increases. although i'm population increase doesn't help at all. and some of that land clearing must be for developments

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2017-10-26/australia-biodiversity-lo...
https://soe.environment.gov.au/theme/overview/topic/land-use-change-and-...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:12am

Shane I think you forfeited your right to talk about animal extinction by murdering that innocent red belly last night.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:21am

my girlfriend has a theory...in australia you hardly ever see frogs, but often hear them....whereas in north america it's pretty easy to see frogs.

or maybe she just scares away australian frogs.

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:27am

"Nah just a bit bored with the bullshit and the toxic crap that gets posted here. It’s become the house style."

Yes, Cromwell, the house style, indeed.

But 2GB talkback is a winner, is it not? Especially over East.

Alan Jones is royalty!

Ker-ching?!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:27am

Ker-ching?

Do you think we make money from the forums?

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:29am

It could drive money away.

Hence the '?!'

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:30am

lots of land clearing for housing developments.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 11:30am

Plenty of frogs around here. No shortage of green tree frogs.

But then again, this area hasn’t been subjected to the massive land clearance necessary to house the millions of immigrants required to continue the neoliberal Ponzi scheme .

Obviously the destruction of the environment is an acceptable price to pay in order to keep the GDP growing.

Diversity is strength....unless you’re talking about species and then it’s a monoculture of indebted speculative investors trumps all.