The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 10:22am
soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 10:32am
Roadkill wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

^^^ more pointlessness

100% when noideaGuy posts…100% pointless is involved.

Guy “Stu, Stu, Stu…where is stu? I demand you respect my authoritah, Stu.”

“i forgot how much of a fuckwitt he is with his loaded language & viewpoints.“

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 10:33am
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:

dude workin indo's list...

https://twitter.com/GreensAU2/status/1753697818357960994

OMG how cringey.

This aligning of Indigenous Australian's with Palestine is so utterly ridiculous.

They are like complete opposites, Australian Aboriginal people are truely indigenous with one of the oldest cultures in the world, on the flip side the Palestines are possibly the most recent created ethnic group in the world, a bunch of Arabs that decided they are somehow different to other Arabs purely for political reasons, they dont even have their own language and even built a temple on the most sacred site to Jews(and has been for thousand's of years), that would be like us building the opera house on Uluru.

There is no true indigenous people of Israel/Palestine but the closest thing today is Jews a people and culture that goes back thousands of years to Israel, a people who were driven from their land by Romans who colonised them making Jews stateless refugee's and then went through one of the worst genocides (a real one) in history and now those people struggle to hold onto their land surrounded by a sea of other Arab countries full of Islamist.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 12:07pm

Good to see some evidence of people in Gaza pushing back on Hamas.

&list=PLYHELek3i1lTpzcnzmbP7Z5tLI1SXKKy-&index=5

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 1:40pm

“ OMG how cringey.

This aligning of Indigenous Australian's with Palestine is so utterly ridiculous.”

^^^ i forgot how much of a fuckwitt he is with his loaded language & viewpoints.

- One could very well question and critique the utterly ridiculous aligning of ignorant and entitled offspring of immigrants from a foreign land with the genocidal ambitions of colonial occupiers of a completely different foreign land on the other side of the world ;)

The indigenous Australians and Palestinians at least have a shared history of suffering persecution and oppression through state sanctioned ethnic cleansing and genocide undertaken by an occupying power. Both are also part of a resistance movement to seek justice and equality - as a direct result of being victims of racist ideologies that included the forced incarceration of innocent women and children, the murder of innocent women and children and the theft and destruction of their livelihood and territory…

As always with head up arse syndrome… noinfo just wants to taste the biscuit that suits his taste…
- the biscuit of his own arse ;)

https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 2:44pm

^^^ opti, sippy, info & r-krill love nothing better than a round of soggybiscuit

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:12pm

always up for a weird recommend to stick on while I do paperwork @Jelly, and that is a worthy post ^^ - from a NoCal feature-length home-movie that is like a Mighty-Wind-aged FOtConcords duo-biopic aspiring to Trailer Park Boys production values.. cheers.
(the song at 48:17 is an astonishingly good Ween-dream ; )

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:28pm

Good video indo, very informative…jelly, basesix and guy…all the same nut bag person talking to himself as usual with nothing good to offer.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:37pm

still mean and crotchety, hey @Optimist. I've been nice to you lots. And your tribe. Why were the videos good? Everyone here hates Hamas, and knows Palestinians would be well shod of them. Some just differ on how much Israel should melt flesh, raze neighborhoods, and destroy hope, in order to achieve this. No easy answers, no simple way. Unless you find an ideology that makes it so, like Hamas has and like you have.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:46pm

The green room dude who probably works in some homeland security situation somewhere blew the whistle on the jelly, guy, basesix Alfred, adam etc etc and his other multiple personalities a while ago and I wasn’t sure at first but he’s obviously used his resources to track the ip address to jelly’s mums basement or somewhere equally as elegant so give it up mate….or a least make up some fresh ones cause your multiple demons have run their race.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 3:51pm

The little green man in A51 has made it clear to you? Far out.
well, thanks for making it clear the type of person who holds views like you do @Optimist.
Couldn't be clearer. Have a really gentle time of it fella, rest up, and all the best.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:25pm

He certainly was a try hard at being a surfer but yeah I think the “DUDE” he knew his trade.
I’m not posting anymore because I have no idea who I’m talking to but I am sure many of you are the same guy guy.
Indo, Udo , syp and others like them are the real contributors on here. ..always something interesting to offer and not interested in trying to be an arse…peace…
Watch the chosen…read the New Testament..live well & live long…real long..

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:35pm

You’re a moron!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:40pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

- One could very well question and critique the utterly ridiculous aligning of ignorant and entitled offspring of immigrants from a foreign land with the genocidal ambitions of colonial occupiers of a completely different foreign land on the other side of the world ;)

The indigenous Australians and Palestinians at least have a shared history of suffering persecution and oppression through state sanctioned ethnic cleansing and genocide undertaken by an occupying power. Both are also part of a resistance movement to seek justice and equality - as a direct result of being victims of racist ideologies that included the forced incarceration of innocent women and children, the murder of innocent women and children and the theft and destruction of their livelihood and territory…

What complete garbage.

Which land is this you talk of that Jews came from?????

Of the Jews that returned to Israel after being driven from the Israel and being refugees 50% ended up in Europe and 50% scattered across the middle east, Africa & India etc

THEY DID NOT RETURN FROM ONE COUNTRY, THEY RETURNED FROM ALMOST ALL CORNERS OF THE GLOBE.

AND MANY NEVER LEFT.

Jewish history in the lsrael far outdates Arabs and the much more recent concept of the ethnicity of Palestines (again possible the most recent created ethnic group in the world)

This is backed up by history that can not be argued with because its backed up by hard archaeological. evidence in particular in the two temples built on the temple mount, ancient Jewish coins & even Egyptian hieroglyphs, of course there is also the documentation of the Israelis in the bible.

I mean FFS they even have their own ancient semitic language, that is unique to them, they dont just speak Arabic which is a wide spread middle eastern language.

For perspective Islam a big part of the identity of Palestines is one of the worlds most recent religions Muhammad was born 600 years after Jesus who was born in the area now know as the West Bank to Jewish Parents, but the Roman's the true colonist had already occupied Israel by this time.

The Romans were the true colonist, colonist must come from one place and take over a land and generally speaking they still hold power of the land they came from, the classic examples are British with Australia & USA, Canada etc, Dutch with Indonesia & French with various places

BTW. in regard to Genocide, only one side has openly admitted their goal is genoicide the so called Palestines, the hard reality is the Arab population in Gaza and the West Bank has only increased and at rates much higher than the world average, thats the the opposite of genoicide

:"The population growth rate is among the highest in the world: 3.4 percent in the West Bank and 4.0 percent in Gaza,"

https://www.prb.org/resources/the-west-bank-and-gaza-a-population-profile/

You know what a true genocide is?

In 1933, the year Hitler came to power about 9.5 million Jews lived in Europe by 1945, 6 million Jews had been killed leaving only 3.5 million Jews, almost 2 in 3 Jews were killed, thats true genocide.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:48pm
sypkan wrote:

dude workin indo's list...

https://twitter.com/GreensAU2/status/1753697818357960994

I posted this because it is cringy, and it is funny, a view the original poster shares...

an aboriginal guy I might add... who's well worth following, not just for political content, but has great knowledge and shares lots about aboriginal stories and mythology

the main reason I posted it though, is because the ip bridgade have embraced this palestinians are the same as indigenous people argument...

and at the end of the voice debate - which was well b4 the hamas incursion / resistance / invasion - they went hard with this angle. ...and then their opponents threw it back at them...

so pro voice crew were claiming it is like the israel palestinian situation, because of palestine...

and their opponents were saying... well yeh it is, as the israelis were there first, and invaded by muslims...

which is a curious little conundrum...

where both were drawing long bows from my perspective... long bows that just undermine the whole australian indigenous argument, whichever angle you look at it...

just depends whose version of his-tory you give weight to I guess...

modern politics...

good old post modernism baby!

choose your own adventure...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:49pm

Hey Opti

Mate , I am struggling with the existing names , and wonder why in god , YOU guys are now all talking alias's's's ?

I am still confused with the True Blue TBB's and all the bloody numbers etc

One minute , I am being grumpy with someone on 1 thread , and being all pally pally , on another fn thread , I think ?

I have NFI who I am chatting 2 on SN , already !!!

Quite cool , as doesn't matter 2 me much , nearly .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:53pm
Optimist wrote:

Good video indo, very informative…jelly, basesix and guy…all the same nut bag person talking to himself as usual with nothing good to offer.

Cheers

But really you need to stop saying these people are all one, i know for a fact they are not because ive seen the post for years, they are sadly three different people with similar views and IMHO basesix is actually alright shouldn't be pigeon holed in with Jelly brain and Guy

And to the Goofy knob below, Yeah you are not triggered, you just love to get abusive and aggressive with people your not even involved in conversation with, gotcha.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:46pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
basesix wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

As expected lots of people triggered by some harsh truth telling and lots of insults and dissing, but not one comment proving me wrong.

Okay here is a challenge for anyone game to take it on

How about providing five examples that go against the the three rules and include at least one example from each of my three point's.

Show me one issue where the left will support the Christians/Jews over another religion.

Show me one issue where the left will support the lighter skin group over the darker skinned group.

Show me one issue where the left will support the more successful group over the less successful.

I can think of one issue where one of the rules is broken but it's because the other two rules aren't broken and outweigh it.

what are you talking about @indo? this is going gsco-ish, with rules, dot points and forced black-and-white views..

I directed a mate to a Land Camps swellnet thread you participated in yonks ago, reams of helpful info from you, when you had sunnier concerns on your mind, and he found it very helpful in tracking some things down. Said to pass on thanks.

Ha ha GSCO is okay, i like him and think he is a smart guy, i dont know why he doesn't just stick with his main profile though.

Nah just annoying when people throw around pointless abuse, but dont actually challenge the things that have been said, but in all honesty i knew my post would trigger people so expected to be dissed, even triggered Goofy, funny how people with no interest in this topic still love to pop in a diss anyone with views they dont agree with, like really why bother.

You didn’t “trigger” me you fucken moron.
I was just amazed how, again, you confirmed how much of a dunce cunt you are.
And just because someone doesn’t spend every waking minute “researching” something on YouTube and the net, and then spamming a surfing website about it, which I might add the spammer is too much of a tight cunt to subscribe to, doesn’t mean they aren’t interested in it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Cheers

But really you need to stop saying these people are all one, i know for a fact they are not because ive seen the post for years, they are sadly three different people with similar views and IMHO basesix is actually alright shouldn't be pigeon holed in with Jelly brain and Guy

yep, an I can say with confidence grennroom, oliver, and gsco are not the same person

whilst they may make similar points, they come at it from totally different angles

that may be gsco's little inner genius approach coming through...but I doubt it

all their views and positions are quite different, if ya do nuance...

does anybody do nuance anymore?

dichotomy of delusion rules the day

sigh...

gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII's picture
gsco mkII Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 5:22pm

syp is right.

I scrambled my login details to stop me from writing, and haven't contributed for a while, hence this new ac.

I think the situation with oliver and greenroom is like that of seeds, southernraw, jelly, basesix, alfredwallace, etc: I get it, they possibly seem like the same person, but there is some subtle differences in perspective and backgrounds.

anyway, would be nice of you left me out of it all. I might start writing again if I can find some time. Right about now I'm probably where you'd rather be.

peace out swellnet writers.

Remark: it's quite impressive to watch the amount of abuse indo cops but just stays calm and keeps pugging away trying to debate in a civil manner.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 5:54pm

@gsco...southernraw has left the building! (cellar)
But just quickly, want to apologize for accusing you of being multiple posters.
Glad you're still you.
All the best and keep living that good life.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 6:07pm

^^^ haha gsco ;)
- ya login details aren’t the only thing scrambled ;);)

- and flopti haha, connoisseur of bs fantasy tales… the nutter in the gutter, supreme lawd fraud…

- all in cahoots with the gumboot intellectual noinfo …imaginary history buff and mouthpiece for all things ‘strength and power’ … float on ;);)

It’s no wonder that with ya head so far up ya colonial loving clacker that your favourite food is arse!
- and with your impressive knowledge of defining the real issues you are facing such as the technical interpretation of being ‘butthurt’…. the stage is yours, take it away ;)

- noinfo at his finest, singing about doing what he does best….

&pp=ygUJSSBlYXQgYXNz

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 6:43pm

I was thinking Greeny was Indo initially. Love of Ron DS as their boy and both loved “butt hurt” as a saying.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 6:55pm
soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 6:59pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Cheers

And to the Goofy knob below, Yeah you are not triggered, you just love to get abusive and aggressive with people your not even involved in conversation with, gotcha.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm

;)

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 8:42pm
bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 9:10pm

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 9:27pm

…the master murderer and manipulator ;)
- still at it, spreading lies and using emotive falsehoods and the blood of tens of thousands of people solely for personal political survival.

- bibi is a true tyrant, a fanatical zionist and a savage
… a corrupt dictator and compulsive liar.

&t=33s&pp=ygUvbmV0YW55YWh1IG9uIGFtZXJpY2FucyBiZWluZyBlYXNpbHkgbWFuaXB1bGF0ZWQ%3D

&pp=ygUvbmV0YW55YWh1IG9uIGFtZXJpY2FucyBiZWluZyBlYXNpbHkgbWFuaXB1bGF0ZWQ%3D

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 9:28pm

&t=923s&pp=ygUVTmV0YW55YWh1IG5lZWRzIGhhbWFz

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 10:08pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 10:22pm

hard to negotiate with that shit...

https://twitter.com/KosherCockney/status/1730545956356059502

(and kinda hard for oz to restore funding too - now that the cat is out...)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:18pm

hehe. As a retiree....a little observation.
Been watching this thread on and off with a casual carcrash kinda interest.
One very obvious thing thats' stood out..
Indo is completely 100 percent just on here to upset the applecart/
I've watched astutely the way this thread meanders, as it has significance for many of us.
Just as the thread reaches a point where real discussion and progress take place...Indo bombs in with his dot points and criteria. He even admits it in an above post that he just wanted to get a reaction.
It's hilarious from a distance. The fact Swellnet allows this gimp a platform is ludicrous. It was interesting to note the interaction with Goofyfoot and Indo. Indo saying how Goof had nothing to contribute. Well maybe.....if Goofy, like many others, knew their contributions wouldn't get jumped on by chief village idiot...who somehow has a licence to destroy Swellnet forums....then we might actually get some wise and measured contributions by....fuck...i dunno...people out there we don't even know are listening. But nup. We get Indo. It's been hilarious to watch. I'd encourage everyone to take a step back and observe the absurdity of this idiot somehow being allowed free reign on an otherwise decent website. Swellnets number 1 failing is allowing this idiot airspace. Otherwise...a fucking brilliant site. Anyway. Back to the top shelf.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:23pm

haha, knew you'd come down from the wine bar to have a quick bong in the cellar @sr ; )

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:26pm

@basesix..i'll have no part of proper discussions while Indo is continually allowed to get away with the tripe he sprouts. Calling good people supporters of Hamas should be an automatic dismissal, no questions asked.
You can take my word. Until he's gone, i refuse to engage in discussions.
I hope you all can follow my lead. This isn't a discussion place..its a place dominated by idiocy that is somehow permitted by the site owners.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:44pm

Perhaps @soggy is the Neo you desire @southern. He seems in control, and to have ducked the radar of gsco, green, ollie - @sypkan may know a third of what went on there, either way, nice reading your excellent posts up top!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 4 Feb 2024 at 11:59pm

I don't think so @basesix.
Whats interesting to me, is that i've seen people on here post things that might stray on the wrong side of political correctness....and get completely slapped down and banned.
Yet!
Yet !!!!! when someone straight out labels people to be siding with one of the worst terrorist mass murderering marauders we've seen in our lifetime.., a subset of humans...when some dumb fuck has the audacity to actively label people to be in that group...yet is allowed to do it without consequence. I ask you. I ask swellnet. What's the worse crime. A mediocre woke misconstrued politically correct slip up, or someone calling out people for being supporters of mass murderers, that have murdered over a thousand people. How the fuck is this guy allowed on a public forum. That is my question to Swellnet, and until this fucking piece of shit is booted to the gutter that he belongs in....get farked if i'll engage in anything more than seeing his demise. Come on crew. Get this cunt off of this website. Ben, Stu, Craig. How are you allowing this? History will not reflect well on you allowing this fuckstick to dominate your site. Imagine what it would be like without him. What a fucken turd of the human race.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 12:13am

Nah SR, better to let the cockwombles reveal themselves. We know, he knows and that should be enough.

No need to cancel.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 12:19am

Respectfully disagree Soggy. This site is weighed down by the persistent cloud of diarrhea that would otherwise be a great discussion place. And it has been for many years as you know. You call it canceling. I retort great voices have been cancelled at this fucksticks expense. Cancel what? It's comments like yours that allow this to just keep self perpertuating without consequence. Honestly can't believe you lot put up with this bullshit. Anyway, like i said.... i want no part of it until it's gone. What a fucken disgrace on an otherwise epic surfing website.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 2:31am
basesix wrote:

Hey Base..... just for yucks or whatevs..... i've been out by Area 51 twice. First time, me and a buddy had two Reflective Sunglassed Intimidators (Military bought private secruity) warn us not to hike up a certain mountainside as it yielded views (from far flippin away) of a runway that is rumored to be used to back engineer UFOs. This mountain actually had no trail, just had to get from one Joshua Tree with a yellow ribbon on it to the next, using binoculars. The problem was that you also had to be hyper aware of the orange border posts so as not to encroach on Military land by using a straight line from tree to tree, if that makes sense. We were told by The Goons that if we strayed onto their land, we would be shot, no questions asked. We made our way up, saw basically nothing on that runway from the peak, so far away that it just looked like a buncha ants scurrying around. The Goons followed us most of the time from their land using boom mikes and nightvision goggles and shit. We had to hustle back down as darkness falls quick in the desert and pretty much ran down the last bit, rattlers be damned. When we got to our vehicle, The Goons had punctured a tire. We spent the next two days in the desert on a spare til we got to Las Vegas and had it fixed. I saw weird stuff in the sky that night and opted to spend the night on my army cot out in the middle of the desert. My friend chose the warm trailer. (It's very cold at night mid-winter there.) Anyways, a fun story of which this is just a slab, but i gotta go swipe out now and make my way to The Briny. Big storm today, no one will be out, but i'll just go there and be. Have a good one.
P.S... the military bought that mountain a few years later to shore that up. lol

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 6:58am
southernraw wrote:

hehe. As a retiree....a little observation.
Been watching this thread on and off with a casual carcrash kinda interest.
One very obvious thing thats' stood out..
Indo is completely 100 percent just on here to upset the applecart/
I've watched astutely the way this thread meanders, as it has significance for many of us.
Just as the thread reaches a point where real discussion and progress take place...Indo bombs in with his dot points and criteria. He even admits it in an above post that he just wanted to get a reaction.
It's hilarious from a distance. The fact Swellnet allows this gimp a platform is ludicrous. It was interesting to note the interaction with Goofyfoot and Indo. Indo saying how Goof had nothing to contribute. Well maybe.....if Goofy, like many others, knew their contributions wouldn't get jumped on by chief village idiot...who somehow has a licence to destroy Swellnet forums....then we might actually get some wise and measured contributions by....fuck...i dunno...people out there we don't even know are listening. But nup. We get Indo. It's been hilarious to watch. I'd encourage everyone to take a step back and observe the absurdity of this idiot somehow being allowed free reign on an otherwise decent website. Swellnets number 1 failing is allowing this idiot airspace. Otherwise...a fucking brilliant site. Anyway. Back to the top shelf.

@SR. A good summation . When can I place my ballot paper in the box ? AW.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 7:16am
wax24][quote=basesix wrote:

Hey Base..... just for yucks or whatevs..... i've been out by Area 51 twice. First time, me and a buddy had two Reflective Sunglassed Intimidators (Military bought private secruity) warn us not to hike up a certain mountainside as it yielded views (from far flippin away) of a runway that is rumored to be used to back engineer UFOs. This mountain actually had no trail, just had to get from one Joshua Tree with a yellow ribbon on it to the next, using binoculars. The problem was that you also had to be hyper aware of the orange border posts so as not to encroach on Military land by using a straight line from tree to tree, if that makes sense. We were told by The Goons that if we strayed onto their land, we would be shot, no questions asked. We made our way up, saw basically nothing on that runway from the peak, so far away that it just looked like a buncha ants scurrying around. The Goons followed us most of the time from their land using boom mikes and nightvision goggles and shit. We had to hustle back down as darkness falls quick in the desert and pretty much ran down the last bit, rattlers be damned. When we got to our vehicle, The Goons had punctured a tire. We spent the next two days in the desert on a spare til we got to Las Vegas and had it fixed. I saw weird stuff in the sky that night and opted to spend the night on my army cot out in the middle of the desert. My friend chose the warm trailer. (It's very cold at night mid-winter there.) Anyways, a fun story of which this is just a slab, but i gotta go swipe out now and make my way to The Briny. Big storm today, no one will be out, but i'll just go there and be. Have a good one.
P.S... the military bought that mountain a few years later to shore that up. lol

Wwax24. Good story. Were you in a California desert or Arizona ? Mojave Desert I presume, totally spoilt by goons of the military.

Joshua Trees ( Yucca brevifolia )prolific in California, Arizona, Nevada and to a lesser degree in Utah, also outliers in NW Mexico. Amazing plant up close.
Hope you are doing well and getting wet.AW

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 7:30am
soggydog wrote:

Nah SR, better to let the cockwombles reveal themselves. We know, he knows and that should be enough.

No need to cancel.

I agree....
No need to cancel, just demonstrates how some people think. Indo gets all his info from YouTube clips and boasts he does not read books. He does not have the wiring in his brain that only reading can achieve to hold complex grey thoughts.
The University of YouTube seems to have many graduates.
Mark Twain has a famous quote regarding arguing with idiots. ;)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 7:49am

@ Southerraw

Ha ha retiree FFS

How long has it been a week or so????

But you couldn't help yourself, and here you are now back having your typical sooky la la's wanting people banned because they have opposing views to you.

You and others like Guy and AF are basically a modern day fascist and pro censorship, because you hate hearing views that dont align with yours, the other two even wanting the thread closed, even though they have little interest in the thread.

And yes many of you people in my view clearly support Hamas, weather intentional or not, if it was up to you guys, you would have stoppred this war months ago and been happy to see Hamas stay in power and live on, people like Jelly share garbage that would have been created by Hamas and other groups and you guys lap it up, you dont support Israel in getting rid of Hamas and the threat Israel faces, you actively try to bring down Israel and somehow twist things so they are the bad guys while Hamas the terrorist/jihadist who broke ceasefire and carried out an massacre and kidnapping and still hold over 100 people are somehow good guys.

And yes mate, im going to call you out as one of the worst because you actively support the people who openly say they want to kill your X GF

I also get accused of shit i dont like or agree with like nonsense like supporting genocide or killing of civilians etc, big deal, i dont even bother arguing against these things as just nonsense.

I dont care if you disagree or me calling you out offends you im allowed to have this opinion weather you agree with it or not.

As for "Just as the thread reaches a point where real discussion and progress" ha ha WFF you cant be serious most people here are more interested in back and forward abuse, generally just one liners and name calling or trying to derail the thread with other topics of discussion.

I do my bet to avoid confrontation and back and forth and stick to the topic, providing updates on how this war is progressing

Yeah okay the other day i did give a little poke in the ribs to Guy, taking the piss out of him thinking that Stu was moving the thread to the back pages and back again, i think most could see this for what it was, just some piss taking banter.

Anyway like i said in the other thread, if you dont like my views or things i share, the best thing to do is just ignore my post.

But the problem once again, is some like you really dont like people having or sharing views you oppose, so cant help yourselves .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 7:50am

Looks like Bibi's want for a US war with Iran is going to plan.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/04/houthis-vow-more-red-sea-a...

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 8:04am

I’ve never come across someone who has such little self awareness and can’t read the room like Indo. It’s mind boggling

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 8:26am
andy-mac wrote:
soggydog wrote:

No need to cancel.

I agree....
No need to cancel, just demonstrates how some people think. Indo gets all his info from YouTube clips and boasts he does not read books. He does not have the wiring in his brain that only reading can achieve to hold complex grey thoughts.
The University of YouTube seems to have many graduates.
Mark Twain has a famous quote regarding arguing with idiots. ;)

Actually most of my info i get comes from podcast from channels like military channels, Jelly is MR Youtube, but yes both sources in this modern world are a good way to get up to date information and much more detailed than an print article that can only contain a few minutes worth of content, and sorry but there is no books that provide up to date information.

But yes you have to be mindful of sources of podcast or YouTube channels

Some random guy on a youtube channel might claim Hamas can be destroyed without killing civilians and think they know best, but a military channel will help you understand how war is conducted and what is possible and help you understand why the war is fought as it is etc

Funny you mention Mark Twain, he is visited Israel in the mid to late 1800's before Jews started moving back a process that started in the late 1800 early 1900's

His written accounts described Israel then renamed Palestine as

“a hopeless, dreary, heart-broken land.” even entering Jerusalem “There was hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.”

His accounts align with others who visited from that era

"Was Mark Twain's depiction of Israel in the 1800s accurate?
"https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/article-700904

And yes many YouTube videos on the topic

&t=192s

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 8:28am
gsco mkII wrote:

syp is right.

I scrambled my login details to stop me from writing, and haven't contributed for a while, hence this new ac.

I think the situation with oliver and greenroom is like that of seeds, southernraw, jelly, basesix, alfredwallace, etc: I get it, they possibly seem like the same person, but there is some subtle differences in perspective and backgrounds.

anyway, would be nice of you left me out of it all. I might start writing again if I can find some time. Right about now I'm probably where you'd rather be.

peace out swellnet writers.

Remark: it's quite impressive to watch the amount of abuse indo cops but just stays calm and keeps pugging away trying to debate in a civil manner.

Cheers, yeah it's a challenge sometimes but you have to try to not get involved in the pointless back and forth's, a lot of it is to try to silence views and bring others down.

Anyway hope to see you post again more in the future, i like most of your post.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Monday, 5 Feb 2024 at 8:43am

;);)