The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 9:41pm

You can slice it and dice it whatever way you want but what's happening RIGHT NOW is unimaginable slaughter and massacre and most of the world is standing by complicit in its entirety.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 10:45pm

^^^ true dat seaslug
- and supa, that post on previous page is spot on…

;)

https://m.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 11:20pm

Taiwan election today too, crew. Throw that brick in the geopolitical washing machine as well

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 13 Jan 2024 at 11:55pm

^^^ haha
… brics expansion ;)

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 9:51am

Argh.
Ok, I'm full of shit.
I am not the wind, I'm fkn Dennis the Menace and can't stick to any rules, even the one's I impose on myself.
Got up early after a nightmareish sort of dream woke me.. Slick dudes were tuning my girl and stealing her off me, she was some sort of amalgam of past loves, I'm out at some sort of industrial nightclub and on some mean streets on foot, and they wanna bash me and take my girl.
I need to get back on the hooter I think. Cannabis always was a dream blocker for me, solid z's, no waking in fright.
Anyway, hadn't read any of this thread for a couple of days, hadn't gone a day without checking it for ages, so I tried. But ran out of things to read after a few hours this morning, and the fingers said yes while the mind was still saying Nooo and I just back read it to my last post and got a few laughs, especially @basesix and the personas debate. Me as "incensed but coyly disinterested" fkn spat my coffee, dude you've never met me but you fkn nailed me with that one, my late mother (who's spirit still sits on my shoulder whispering, sometimes yelling, in my ear) stood up and gave you a standing ovation for that one. Got me in four words. I'd probably be disagreeing and going, hang on a minute, but she who knew me best is throwing you shakas for that one. Quite the wordsmith you are, and deft insight.
Found the whole split personality debate hilarious considering it was coming from SN's very own Sybil, GSCO/greenroom/oliver/whoever.
And, yes I was a total fuckwit picking on Indo for such unimportant things as spelling and grammar. Total fuckwit and carry a deal of remorse and embarrassment. (I am sorry Indo, and despite my childish nicknames, in no way think you are dumb, quite the opposite at times, we just don't agree on most things. Abuse is the lowest form of debate, reflects on me more than the abused, I know all that. I just react, often to later reflect and regret, tried my whole life to do better but still fail. Sorry again. Gotta say though you don't make spelling or grammar errors anymore so maybe these things go both ways.)
Anyway, rambling again, talking irrelevant shit about myself, another failure of mine.
Only came back to throw up my answer/suggestion to the question Sypkan and others were asking on the other page (mentioned this once ages ago to Sypiie and never got a response because it's 'out there'probably) namely who could the US Dems turn to to stop the Trump train that looks like it's headed for the White House once again, and God knows what that will mean, and I reckon I've got the one name that's got what it takes, the one man with enough star clout and the beef to back it up, a man who has said he's up for it, that could turn the cameras off the orange fat Elvis and take center stage and make DJT/TFG a bit player in the celebrity shit show that is the US political discourse of today.....
He's an American, and a Pacific true blood, a rolled gold star across many worlds, that 99% would push Trump aside to meet and greet in a heartbeat. The owner of the people's elbow. Can you smell what I'm cooking here?
Yes, that man is The Rock. Dwayne Johnson!
Before anyone laughs, he's been testing the waters I've seen and heard it myself.
People laughed about Reagan running, I remember it.
People laughed about Trump too, including the GOP sycophants kissing his arse today.
Nothing is impossible these days.
Even the ridiculous.
But if if does happen. Remember who said it to you first!
Back to exile island for me.
And be nice to @Pop you guys, he means well, we all have foibles. Fark, look at me!
Adios.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 9:57am

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:30am

Jeeze road kill, did you watch what this white European guys is saying... not really helping the Israeli case at all . By the way just point 1 about Yemen is bullshit for a start , they are copping bombs too , as for the rest ... white power! .....

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:41am
mikehunt207 wrote:

Jeeze road kill, did you watch what this white European guys is saying... not really helping the Israeli case at all . By the way just point 1 about Yemen is bullshit for a start , they are copping bombs too , as for the rest ... white power! .....

I know why Yemen is being bombed, do you?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:44am

Oh, and it’s a race thing? It’s white power? Gawd,

25 attacks in 2 months by Houthi rebels. Approx 60 Houthi rebel locations were targeted.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:48am

Yes re Yemen
Yes re racism, this guy, white ( jewish) superiority all the way
Zionist policy 101

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:51am
mikehunt207 wrote:

Yes re Yemen
Yes re racism, this guy, white ( jewish) superiority all the way
Zionist policy 101

Ok, why is Yemen being bombed?

You didn’t say this guy, white power. You said as for the rest, white power. Walking it back now?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 10:58am

Houthi rebels targeting ships carrying western supplied weapons of mass murder into Israel to bomb kids locked in a cage is what you meant?
Fair enough

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 11:45am
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9badc-Y9M

Ahh how the tides have turned. The Dill now getting his "news" from a weird youtuber.

Fuck that was painful to watch.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 11:48am
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9badc-Y9M

Ive watched a few of his videos he always makes some very good points and is extremely knowledgeable id love to see him debate someone similar from the Pro Palestine side.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 12:21pm

Yemen is being bombed because Yemeni's have been killing Americans and Brits.
Oh wait...huh?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 12:31pm

It’s the big picture, political and economic. Involves numerous economies. It’s also sending a message to others not involved but watching and thinking maybe we could do…

Think bigger, people. Lots of intertwined factors that most of us don’t comprehend or understand.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/why-did-united-states-just-bomb-yemen

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 12:43pm

I hear you on that Roady....and i agree to a degree.
But a bit concerning when U.S didn't even run it past congress before they started bombing.
Surely if ever there was a time to tread carefully and cross your t's and dot your i's, it would be right now.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 12:56pm

"Some critics resurfaced a 2020 tweet from Biden, in which the then presidential candidate declared: “Donald Trump does not have the authority to take us into war with Iran without congressional approval. A president should never take this nation to war without the informed consent of the American people.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/12/biden-congress-yemen-str...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 1:06pm
Roadkill wrote:

It’s the big picture, political and economic. Involves numerous economies. It’s also sending a message to others not involved but watching and thinking maybe we could do…

Think bigger, people. Lots of intertwined factors that most of us don’t comprehend or understand.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/why-did-united-states-just-bomb-yemen

Never knew toadkill was also a political expert. Tell us more almighty Dill.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 1:25pm
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 1:26pm

;);)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:04pm

biden's iranian chickens coming home to roost now...

big time!

in more ways than one!

sadly (for biden) anything he does now, just feeds into the trump vote. 'the kids' are already deserting him, this was before yemen was even a thing...

and this is with the democrats media protection racket still running cover for him... ie. still not really reporting what's actually going on and why iran is such a big part of it

I see albo got absolutely slammed on twitter yesterday, 1000s of comments, when he belatedly announced - 12 hours late! - australia's role and support

fwiw, I think they had to do something, its a bit simplistic in thinking that doesn't consider what iran has been up to, and how many drone attacks from houthis there has already been... yes not one dead soldier, and critics vehemently latch onto not yet one dead american / ally... but that just obtusely skims over the reality and intent...

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:05pm

Australian tax dollars paying to "assist" keeping global shipping routes safe (provide bombs to kill kids in a cage ...)
It was the visions of women and children dying terribly and being burned with napalm that really turned the publics opinion on the Vietnam war against the American and Australian governments of the day .
Baby killers I think was the term used back then .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:11pm

"Some critics resurfaced a 2020 tweet from Biden, in which the then presidential candidate declared: “Donald Trump does not have the authority to take us into war with Iran without congressional approval. A president should never take this nation to war without the informed consent of the American people.”

^^^

- and an Aussie prime minister should never take this nation to war without the informed consent of the Australian people.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:21pm

don't disagree...

but, I guess they'd argue its not yet a war...

its a 'special operation'

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:22pm

;)

&pp=ygUDUGJk

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:29pm

Well we're now a target, when this time last week we weren't.
Id imagine that's why you'd run it by your country first.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:34pm

Exactly.
… the subtle art of escalation ;)

- and denial of accountability.

Here is a banquet :

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 2:41pm

Yep. Could have attempted negotiating at least to start with. For example, stop the huge military aid being shipped to israel, and see if that has a positive outcome.
Instead though its a doubling down on war and US taking it upon themselves to emter hostilities that, as usual, aren't directly involving them.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:23pm

Negotiate?..there is a thing called surprise…it’s quite handy when making strategic military strikes.

Houthi rebels don’t get to negotiate. They are not a legitimate group in any way. Just a bunch of thugs.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:22pm

seems it really could have been avoided

if israel pulled their heads in even a month ago... they could've literally got away with murder...

I'm not naive enough to think the US isn't having harsh talks in private with israel... but their public game has been lacking...

and biden is just too old school with his unwavering support

dude's have backed themselves in a corner with iran, too slow to change tack

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:31pm
sypkan wrote:

if israel pulled their heads in even a month ago... they could've literally got away with murder...

I'm not naive enough to think the US isn't having harsh talks in private with israel... but their public game has been lacking...

Iran does not want nor will there be direct Iranian military action. Iran will agitate and fund others but on the whole I think they prefer peace (their type of peace) more than aggression. Leadership in Iran has been stable for a while and those in leadership don’t really want too much change.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:33pm
Roadkill wrote:

Negotiate?..there is a thing called surprise…it’s quite handy when making strategic military strikes.

Houthi rebels don’t get to negotiate. They are not a legitimate group in any way. Just a bunch of thugs.

Possibly true. I still think ignoring your own protocols of declaring war is a huge mistake.
The protocols and processes are in place for a reason, and are meant to reflect a democratic, transparent government.
Negotiations may not have been possible, true, but there may have been a different approach available through proper consultation. Now the damage is done and we'll all have to deal with that.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:34pm
Roadkill wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Iran does not want nor will there be direct Iranian military action. Iran will agitate and fund others but on the whole I think they prefer peace (their type of peace) more than aggression. Leadership in Iran has been stable for a while and those in leadership don’t really want too much change.

Youre gonna love this, but tend to agree w u on that front also.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:55pm

BRICS

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 3:56pm
Roadkill wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Plus they don't have their nuclear weapons fully developed yet, they dont want to ruin that, not so much to use. but the threat they might or can, will give them much more power than they have currently.

But with Biden in power who would be seen as a weak leader in the middle east it's been a good time to for them to use their proxies to stir up shit.

Say what you will about Trump but his unpredictable nature did keep things in check, only a mad man, messes with a mad man.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 4:00pm

Stretching the US military forces around the globe, all designed for the China big kahuna prize

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 4:12pm

I’m going to run out of counting fingers if we keep this outbreak of agreeing up, SR.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 4:44pm

Complete bullshit.
But I think what may have been happening...
https://twitter.com/LibertyCappy/status/1739284876153762169

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 4:59pm

Haha. When it rains it pours @roady

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:00pm

Actually, terrible analogy. But yeah enjoying the civility :)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:12pm
adam12 wrote:

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1746277896006615384

Complete bullshit.

Haha, very clever...

But I'd say not complete bullshit

Even muslims in indo are known to have hitler posters around the place

I was pretty ignorant to the connection at one point, and was really puzzled by it, but its a thing...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:27pm
seaslug wrote:

Stretching the US military forces around the globe, all designed for the China big kahuna prize

this is the real game

as I said the other day, isolating taiwan rather than invading would be a long drawn out stretchy stretch that the US would seriously struggle with

they did a dummy run about 12 or 18 months ago which seemed to wise up the US to their possible intentions

china, with all those people, and all those factories... and huge geographical advantage... could easily maintain that position for years...

the US, with a gender bendy already stretched military, struggling to find recruits, and all those factories moved to china... not so much...

'calling all allies...'

'calling all allies...'

(that's us...)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:33pm
sypkan wrote:
adam12 wrote:

Complete bullshit.

Haha, very clever...

I was pretty ignorant to the connection at one point, and was really puzzled by it, but its a thing...

Yep ive seen shops in Java selling Nazi shit, but i think its more just pure ignorance of history more than a real anti semitic thing, like its some how cool or bad arse in some weird way.

Its really not that far fetched though that some in Gaza might idolise hitler, i mean they do literally hate Jews.

Shop in Gaza too.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:32pm
sypkan wrote:
seaslug wrote:

this is the real game

as I said the other day, isolating taiwan rather than invading would be a long drawn out stretchy stretch that the US would seriously struggle with

they did a dummy run about 12 or 18 months ago which seemed to wise up the US to their possible intentions

china, with all those people, and all those factories... and huge geographical advantage... could easily maintain that position for years...

the US, with a gender bendy already stretched military, struggling to find recruits, and all those factories moved to china... not so much...

'calling all allies...'

'calling all allies...'

(that's us...)

Not so many “all those people”

China has peaked population wise…all indicators are the population will continue to fall dramatically. They over counted their under 45 population by about 100 million. The one child policy has fucked them big time. China economy wise will decline also. Their time is going down. They will not be the biggest super power they want to be. The country is stuffed.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:32pm

“ …. Its really not that far fetched though in Gaza for some to idolise hitler, i mean they do literally hate Jews…”

1+ 1 =296.35/2.25 x (5-2+6) / - 4.75

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:37pm

Jeez,
righto you two,
yeah, they're all neo nazis too.
They wouldn't learn much from that book.
The most boring, self indulgent biography ever written.
Ever read it either of you?
I have sadly.
Lebensraum and land in the east, and Hitler's heroic version of his time running messages for the Imperial German Army in WW1
Useful as toilet paper to some Hamas soldier sitting in a tunnel under Gaza.
Post was a joke, not meant to be taken seriously.
Sense of humour anyone?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 5:38pm
sypkan wrote:
adam12 wrote:

Complete bullshit.

Haha, very clever...

Reckon ya mistaking swastikas on Hindu temples mate!
Lived in Indo for over a decade and spent a lot of time in Java, never saw a Hitler poster or Mein Kampf.
Reckon more chance in Pauline's supporter home's here if being sighted.

Osama posters however, they were everywhere for a while!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jan 2024 at 6:24pm
andy-mac wrote:
sypkan wrote:
adam12 wrote:

Complete bullshit.

Haha, very clever...

Reckon ya mistaking swastikas on Hindu temples mate!
Lived in Indo for over a decade and spent a lot of time in Java, never saw a Hitler poster or Mein Kampf.
Reckon more chance in Pauline's supporter home's here if being sighted.

Osama posters however, they were everywhere for a while!

There is no greater religion greater than the truth

https://melbourne.theosophicalsociety.org.au/statics/the-emblem