The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 8:55pm
Roadkill wrote:
sypkan wrote:

the saudi talk is just playing into their hands really

which all seems a good thing

something had to give... if israel didn't...

which they clearly didn't... are not...

Whose hands? You kinda lost me. Explain that a bit more?

playing into america's hands stepping away from israel

that saying may have negative connotations... but not intended here

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 8:56pm
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

""I think this article might be a bit misleading, most of the top dogs of Hamas live in Qatar or others are in hiding elsewhere like top dog Saleh al-Arouri that was taken out in Beirut two weeks ago.""

Then why the fuck bomb and kill over 23000 people if you are not achieving your stated goal!!!???
:(

Goals are being achieved, every day hamas are being killed, tunnels found, tunnels destroyed, stock piles of rockets found and destroyed, rocket launching site's found and destroyed etc every day progress is being made....and about half the kind napped are back safe.

Just because a few top dogs have not been taken out yet means little, 100% Israel would love to take them out and the sooner the better, but these things take time as that article i posted suggest

We only passed 100 days, the Ukraine war is up to almost 700 days, the average war last a few years

The questions you should be asking is why did Hamas start a war they can never win that will only bring death and destruction and set the country back decade's?

Why not actually build a country instead of destroy one?

Or why dont Hamas surrender and hand over the hostages?

Or why does Hamas use their population as human shields?

Or why dont the people in Gaza help end this war and provide tip offs to where those kid napped are or leaders are?
(Yes that would come with personal risk, but there is ways to provide anonymous tip offs)

Lets remember Israel never wanted this war and still have about 100 hundred Israelis held captive, Hamas could end it tomorrow if they surrender and handed over the hostages.

Indo you dumb fu#rk. Do you not yet....after the pages and pages of posts by people with brains, as opposed to your evil self, comprehend,...that Hamas, is not the Palestinian people. Have you not got that though your thick skull yet? Gaza is not Hamas. It is full of Palestinians. Hamas is an offshoot of a failed Israeli initiative.(one that you unwaveringly support mind you....strength and power...oorghh orrghhhh!)
Geez you make me grumpy. Grrrrr.

SR, you make no effort to think about what Indo says. What he has said is actually correct.
Can you tell me of out of the following what is incorrect or an invalid question?

“ The questions you should be asking is why did Hamas start a war they can never win that will only bring death and destruction and set the country back decade's?

Or why dont the people in Gaza help end this war and provide tip offs to where those kid napped are or leaders are?
(Yes that would come with personal risk, but there is ways to provide anonymous tip offs)

Let’s remember Israel never wanted this war and still have about 100 hundred Israelis held captive, Hamas could end it tomorrow if they surrender and handed over the hostages.”

This is a serious question, SR. What is so wrong with what he says?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 8:57pm
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

""I think this article might be a bit misleading, most of the top dogs of Hamas live in Qatar or others are in hiding elsewhere like top dog Saleh al-Arouri that was taken out in Beirut two weeks ago.""

Then why the fuck bomb and kill over 23000 people if you are not achieving your stated goal!!!???

Goals are being achieved, every day hamas are being killed, tunnels found, tunnels destroyed, stock piles of rockets found and destroyed, rocket launching site's found and destroyed etc every day progress is being made....and about half the kind napped are back safe.

Just because a few top dogs have not been taken out yet means little, 100% Israel would love to take them out and the sooner the better, but these things take time as that article i posted suggest

We only passed 100 days, the Ukraine war is up to almost 700 days, the average war last a few years

The questions you should be asking is why did Hamas start a war they can never win that will only bring death and destruction and set the country back decade's?

Lets remember Israel never wanted this war and still have about 100 hundred Israelis held captive, Hamas could end it tomorrow if they surrender and handed over the hostages.

Indo you dumb fu#rk. Do you not yet....after the pages and pages of posts by people with brains, as opposed to your evil self, comprehend,...that Hamas, is not the Palestinian people. Have you not got that though your thick skull yet? Gaza is not Hamas. It is full of Palestinians. Hamas is an offshoot of a failed Israeli initiative.(one that you unwaveringly support mind you....strength and power...oorghh orrghhhh!)
Geez you make me grumpy. Grrrrr.

@SR
Step away from the device!
Put on some tunes you like, have a drink, a cup of tea, or a spliff or whatever... ;)
I'm going with this....
Rolling away with the dew...
Peace.

https://m.

&pp=ygUeZ3JhdGVmdWwgZGVhZCBmcmFua2xpbidzIHRvd2Vy

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:03pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvKTzhlVpo&pp=ygUfRm9vZCBpcmFlbCBzdG9sZSB...

really interesting vid, cheers @Jelly
(top advice, @a-m)

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:14pm
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

""Maybe cause they have been in open air prison for over a decade!"

Israel never wanted this war and still have about 100 hundred Israelis held captive.

Yeah Israel are winning ok ..
Biggest Jihad recruitment drive ever, and have lost world wide support except for a few hard core Zionists and end of day Christian kooks in USA and other western nations.
No idea how this will play out but reckon Israel have really wrecked any semblance of security for decades.

Isn’t that the truth, Hamas have won hearts and minds but the flappers on the right have missed the whole game

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:17pm

Roady. I don't mind you. The more i correspond with you.. I get a laugh from some of your stuff. Fark i don't agree with you...mostly on everything...but that's not a bad thing.
So i'll consider your post, but i think all those questions just frazzled my brain.
Come on mate.
Are you really saddling up with Indo? Its ballsy, and i'll give you credit for that....but geez mate,
Consider this.
Everyone.....EVERYONE on this website has butted heads with him....but in their good nature, have tried to find some common ground, apologised, told him he's ok, he's a good bloke...but then, once you let your guard down... the fuckhead goes and says things like....'you're pro hamas',. 'you're as low as lowlife because you have an exgirlfriend in Israel and you support Hamas'. "Southern Raw is an antivax nutter". He'll insert himself in conversations that have nothing to do with him just to bad mouth people.
He's all good, until you put your guard down. And when you finally corner him and call out his bullshit, he either disappears, or pleads insanity...or autism. Give me a fucken break. Come on Roady. Surely you can see through this bullshit.
Fuck Indo. He's an absolutely shit human. If i was swellnet i would have just deleted him in the night, without a word. Brings nothing but disruption to any conversation.
You reckon i haven't tried to listen to what he says and engaged? Reckon i haven't tried to reason? Time and time again, like most posters???
Bloody hell Roady, i know you're not stupid, and i kinda have grown to like you. You call things out, whether i agree with it or not.
You're newlook Jelly has been funny. A little too much, but hey, why not. It's a bit of a laugh. But think about it. There is an evil entity that is different to the sane folk here. And no one can do a farken thing about it.
Yep agreed @andymac. Happily time out. But far out, how much more can anyone say.
The sad thing is, so many good, intelligent, thought provoking posters are no longer here posting because of this piece of absolute dog sheizen.
Can you believe that. A dumb fuck that endures. (it's all about skirting those rules and regulations)
The mind boggles.
Anyway Roady. I like ya. At least you're real.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:21pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Go well AW
- happy travels mate ;)

JF. Cheers pal. Cactus is not as windy as usual, met like minded folk all day, been photographing plants and reptiles, it’s 2-3ft, clean, Caves 3-4ft, good vibes all round.
Swell and NE winds tomorrow morning, 33c, Singing honeyeaters everywhere, great shorebirds on the reefs, leafy sea dragons in the shallows, massive white sand barrier dunes, salt lake glistening with the pink hue created by Dunaliela salina and its mass output of carotene. Sucking down a few Balta beers, bbq chugging along, lovely eye candy everywhere.
Life doesn’t get any better than when you are away from home and on the road.

I hope you are cruising along as well. Enjoy life, it’s over before you know it. AW

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:25pm

Honestly I hope this thread gets shut down, im so fucking angry seeing you kunts like SR and Andy-Mac etc have absolutely no sympathy for those Israelis that were attacked and kidnapped, over 100 still held by Hamas.

You blame everything on Israel, and have no to very little criticism of Hamas, Israel never wanted this, but Hamas did, they have spent 18 years preparing for this, wanting this, and now they use you like tools to push their agenda.

You know full well it's Hamas that aim to put civilians between them and the IDF, and that IDF gain absolutely nothing from civilian deaths and if they could they would kill no civilians at all, because it would mean they would not be seen in a negative light and have no issues on how long it took to destroy Hamas

Its absolutely disgusting how you people have turned this around on Israel and Jews and turned the victims into the bad guys.

If Israel is ever destroyed and all Jews once again driven from their homeland, then i hope your happy, its just a pity there is no hell for kunts to rot away in.

And yes Southern Raw you cant answer those question's can you?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:24pm

Indo - “ Or why dont the people in Gaza help end this war and provide tip offs to where those kid napped are or leaders are?
(Yes that would come with personal risk, but there is ways to provide anonymous tip offs)”

Are there really ways to do that indo, really?
Seriously man wtf, I can’t be fucked even writing this but comments like this can’t just be left to slip through to the keeper.
Life in your fantasy bubble down there on the island is just so easy and simple isn’t it, half a world away from fearing for yours and your families life every second of every minute of every day.
Fuuuuckk me.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:29pm

Honestly I hope this thread gets shut down, im so fucking angry seeing you kunts like SR and Andy-Mac etc have absolutely no sympathy for those Israelis that were attacked and kidnapped, over 100 still held by Hamas.""

Absolute nonsense mate.
I have and cannot speak for SR but would venture to say we have compassion and concern for every human caught up in this horrendous shit show.
Talking compassion, when does the number of Palestinian deaths start to concern you?
And no I will not go for personal abuse.
Anyway I'm taking my own advice I gave to SR.
Night....

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:32pm

“Singing honeyeaters everywhere, great shorebirds on the reefs, leafy sea dragons in the shallows, massive white sand barrier dunes, salt lake glistening with the pink hue created by Dunaliela salina and its mass output of carotene. Sucking down a few Balta beers, bbq chugging along, lovely eye candy everywhere.
Life doesn’t get any better than when you are away from home and on the road.”

Now that’s a thread cleanser. Thanks AW.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:33pm

hehe. Thanks Indo.
You just made my night with your insanity.
Still calling people out for being pro Hamas.
What level of toddler are you? Shouldn't you go back to your toy soldiers in your bedroom?
Honestly. I got a really good laugh.
Thanks!
Power and Strength legend. Yew!
hahahahahahaha

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:35pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Indo - “ Or why dont the people in Gaza help end this war and provide tip offs to where those kid napped are or leaders are?
(Yes that would come with personal risk, but there is ways to provide anonymous tip offs)”

Seriously man wtf, I can’t be fucked even writing this but comments like this can’t just be left to slip through to the keeper.
Life in your fantasy bubble down there on the island is just so easy and simple isn’t it, half a world away from fearing for yours and your families life every second of every minute of every day.
Fuuuuckk me.

The island is no excuse. I've got great friends on the Island that are way more connected humans Goofy.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:38pm

“Honestly I hope this thread gets shut down, im so fucking angry seeing you kunts like SR and Andy-Mac etc have absolutely no sympathy for those Israelis that were attacked and kidnapped, over 100 still held by Hamas.“
What arrant nonsense you speak, ignoring others with your facile arguments and lecturing/hectoring us with your internet wisdom.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:38pm

I have to constantly ponder my pro Hamas anti Israel stance.
Would i have invited a whole fucking family of Jews to come and stay in my house in Australia while this shit goes down if I was pro Hamas.
This is what i keep saying. Cunt ignores facts, and goes straight to evil mode.
Should be eradicated from these pages. It's the most divisive, insulting bullshit you can bring to a conversation. Carn Ben. Time to make the fuckin chop once and for all for all our sakes.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:41pm

@Indo "The questions you should be asking is why did Hamas start a war they can never win that will only bring death and destruction and set the country back decade's?"
Asked that q. myself. Still haven't decided on an answer. Couple of thoughts:
They are bloodthirsty motherfkrs with a political wing that either couldn't control their military wing, or saw a strategic advantage in blowing the whole thing wide open once again. Look what's happened around the world, front pages, world's attention, 75 pages on a surf website on the other side of the world, diplomats scurrying around, positions taken, allies joining the fight like the Houthis and Hezbollah, the whole thing liable to spread exponentially, millions marching on the streets, a World Court hearing that may end in adverse findings, the US now forced to state their position, again, to the Zionists and so on. Hell, it's even exposed the bully Zionists lawyers and their undemocratic intrusion in our country, and Albo's career duplicity, and our piss ant CEO and admin. at the ABC.
(A lot of familiar names to me amongst that little saga, went thru law school with many of them, and even only knowing them back then, wasn't too surprisedby some on that What's App group, and including my old mate and study partner Josh Bornstein, a Jew himself, (surfs too) who got targeted for representing the girl sacked by the ABC. He's a fkn gun that guy, a tiger. Those pricks will regret taking him on.)
A bloodthirsty brutal sacrificial move. Madness often accompanies method. They knew what was coming I'm sure.
When you are trapped like animals in a cage and feel like no one is listening or cares, out manned and outgunned, what do you do?
It's a mindfuck for us spoiled, free and safe humans here, who's relatives and ancestors all/most died peacefully and passed on the house. We have no idea of the mindset one would have as a Palestinian, or Hamas member over there. Jungle law, like a prey throwing it's offspring to a predator to save the others.
Don't have an answer and fear it is so dark and real I don't want to try and walk in those shoes.
But it's a fkn good question. Points for that.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:45pm
southernraw wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Fuuuuckk me.

The island is no excuse. I've got great friends on the Island that are way more connected humans Goofy.

Substitute the island for anywhere then sr, you’re focussing on the wrong part of my comment.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:49pm

Sorry Goofy. Good call.
And your points are worthy of a response.
Hope lifes treatin ya well.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:52pm
southernraw wrote:

Would i have invited a whole fucking family of Jews to come and stay in my house in Australia while this shit goes down if I was pro Hamas.
Should be eradicated from these pages. It's the most divisive, insulting bullshit you can bring to a conversation. Carn Ben. Time to make the fuckin chop once and for all for all our sakes.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:03pm
goofyfoot wrote:

Fuuuuckk me.

Why do you have a problem with this question?

Surely there must be many people in Gaza who know where hostages are or key leaders are, this would fast track the process and save many life's.

You think im the first to discuss this?.

Of course not you see this and similar questions all over social media like why the people haven't revolted against Hamas (because they would kill them) or people blaming them saying "they voted for Hamas" thats silly 18 years ago is too long, plus that's like blaming me for Albo being PM and what he does, it doesn't work that way

Anyway of course there is ways of tipping off IDF without revealing who they are especially in 2024, but 100% it does come with a risk to their life's if found out.

This was discussed somewhere in some video but i have no idea where it is

Its always hard to know if some things are real, things can be fake but the IDF claim to have been contacted tipping off about other things like Hamas stealing aid etc

An example, of course many will just say Hasbara or whatever BS, and hey it could be fake, but might not be too.

Im surprised there isnt some huge reward for tip offs of where those kidnapped are or leaders, or perhaps there is?

God if that triggers you, then imagine what a discussion like this would do.?

And personal no i dont think Palestinian Civilians are responsible

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:55pm
southernraw wrote:

Sorry disagree SR, just leave him on here with his sycophantic acolytes, allow them the opportunity to hoist themselves on their own petards...otherwise it will be more talk of treason/censorship/deletion/cancelling and crying about the left wing media

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 9:59pm

I’ve got friends on the island too sr, one I travel to Indonesia with nearly every year.
Funniest guy you’ll ever meet, tbh though he’s a bizarre fucka hahaha. Something in the water over there. Jokes jokes!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:00pm

Fark. That last post to Goofy just confirms the insanity of this thread with Indo being a part of it.
Imagine a sane conversation without Dr Evil inserted in it.
I guess it would just get sabotaged by another one....like GSCO
Anyway.... BD airlines has left the building (for you Goofy) ;-)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:06pm

One closing thought....i believe it was from the GREAT Facto..
'when people show you who they are, believe them, the first time'

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:06pm

Safe flight! Haha

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:12pm

Deep breath fellas. Step away, it is not worth the time or energy. It's just shouting into the void. Good luck to all of the poor souls caught up in the shitstorm. Waves tomorrow, go out and enjoy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:31pm

Okay there is actually a reward, problem is its pretty high risk, high reward, you might be able to get away with the tip off, but collecting that money will ring alarm bells, and most you would expect aren't going to be trusting Israel for protection, you would live your life in fear and probably end up getting killed by Hamas.

I guess it was worth a try.

"Israel drops leaflets in Gaza offering reward for hostage information

Israel’s military has dropped leaflets in Gaza, offering protection and a reward to Palestinians who contact them with information about hostages held by Hamas, in its latest effort to free more than 200 people seized during the terrorist attacks that killed 1,400 people on 7 October."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/24/israel-drops-leaflets-in-g...

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:29pm
Rabbits68 wrote:

“Singing honeyeaters everywhere, great shorebirds on the reefs, leafy sea dragons in the shallows, massive white sand barrier dunes, salt lake glistening with the pink hue created by Dunaliela salina and its mass output of carotene. Sucking down a few Balta beers, bbq chugging along, lovely eye candy everywhere.

Rabbit 68. Hope you are well. Your are the waxed tooth thread of Swellnet. Good stuff.

Intentionality and deliberately inserted for what you stated, a diversion.

I need to cease my antagonistic behaviour also, I’m just a very naughty boy !!!!.AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:31pm
blackers wrote:

Deep breath fellas. Step away, it is not worth the time or energy. It's just shouting into the void. Good luck to all of the poor souls caught up in the shitstorm. Waves tomorrow, go out and enjoy.

Blackers. Hi mate. Hope you and your lovely are well. AW

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:38pm
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:38pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
Rabbits68 wrote:

Rabbit 68. Hope you are well. Your are the waxed tooth thread of Swellnet. Good stuff.

Intentionality and deliberately inserted for what you stated, a diversion.

I need to cease my antagonistic behaviour also, I’m just a very naughty boy !!!!.AW

Keep up the good vibes AW. Cheers mate.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:43pm
Rabbits68 wrote:

Keep up the good vibes AW. Cheers mate.

"Thread cleanser".
Too right, enjoy it AW.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 10:52pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

https://museum.wa.gov.au/about/latest-news/evidence-wombats-are-alive-an...

I thought there was a remnant population on the south coast of WA? Also, the currawongs change, they lose the white highlights and the ability to sing, but they are there in WA from the border to the woodlands east of Norseman, I think.

AW what a trip - are you going to the Eyre Bird Observatory? Did that one 20 years ago, it was a decent adventure as was getting creative and finding out way back on the less beaten path. Hope you get some waves soon Adam, it was a bit windy and wild yesterday but fun once out.

VJ .Hi to you and the family. You’re enjoying life of late, way to go.

Yes, me and my mate are going to the Eyre Bird Observatory in about 5 days time. Swell is going to rise substantially Monday afternoon and into Tuesday, we’re in no hurry, so we will hang here for awhile.
I’ve been coming here since early 80’s, I’ve never seen it look so good.
Three years of above average La Niña rainfall, ( Cactus averages 150mm per year) coupled with great vegetation management and revegetation works.
Toilets have entered the modern world ( they flush to septic instead of the one scoop of limil policy of the past), all the rain of late with howling South Easter’s has it looking like it’s wearing the Emperor’s New Clothes.
Seen about 4 different species of lizards, same with skinks, hoping to see a Western Brown Snake that I’ve seen on previous transcontinental stop overs.

It’s hardly gone up in price really, 1984, paid $5 per night, it’s now $17.50 per night but that gets you firewood if you want it, toilet paper and hand cleaner at any one of the round limestone toilet cubicles.
It’s a credit to the current leaseees Chris and Susannah, who are bloody nice people who care for the environment , catering for surfers and are champions of recycling everything. It’s worth a trip just to chill out in a slow, quiet, beautiful coastal desert landscape and surf at the same time. AW

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 12:18am
southernraw wrote:

Nah kinda missed it all Soggy. Have been getting waves but have been hearing further East has been pumping. Went and looked at main town beach today and there were waves where there normally aren't. Definitely a shift of seasons feels to be in the air. I reckon you can't go wrong over the next week. Big swell incoming late next week. First proper one of the year. Yeah in that region mate. Good luck. Might see ya in the water! :-)
btw if you're heading specifically to that area, that swell direction will be lighting up that rare little gem that is usually reliant on super large winter swells.
I think she's fading fast from the E though

I did wonder, good winds this arvo too. Stayed in town and scored, 4 in two days with work. Yew!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 12:25am

Haha. Sick one Soggydog!
Stoked you scored. Huey rewards the good eggs ;)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 6:47am
AlfredWallace wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

https://museum.wa.gov.au/about/latest-news/evidence-wombats-are-alive-an...

I thought there was a remnant population on the south coast of WA? Also, the currawongs change, they lose the white highlights and the ability to sing, but they are there in WA from the border to the woodlands east of Norseman, I think.

AW what a trip - are you going to the Eyre Bird Observatory? Did that one 20 years ago, it was a decent adventure as was getting creative and finding out way back on the less beaten path. Hope you get some waves soon Adam, it was a bit windy and wild yesterday but fun once out.

VJ .Hi to you and the family. You’re enjoying life of late, way to go.

Yes, me and my mate are going to the Eyre Bird Observatory in about 5 days time. Swell is going to rise substantially Monday afternoon and into Tuesday, we’re in no hurry, so we will hang here for awhile.
I’ve been coming here since early 80’s, I’ve never seen it look so good.
Three years of above average La Niña rainfall, ( Cactus averages 150mm per year) coupled with great vegetation management and revegetation works.
Toilets have entered the modern world ( they flush to septic instead of the one scoop of limil policy of the past), all the rain of late with howling South Easter’s has it looking like it’s wearing the Emperor’s New Clothes.
Seen about 4 different species of lizards, same with skinks, hoping to see a Western Brown Snake that I’ve seen on previous transcontinental stop overs.

It’s hardly gone up in price really, 1984, paid $5 per night, it’s now $17.50 per night but that gets you firewood if you want it, toilet paper and hand cleaner at any one of the round limestone toilet cubicles.
It’s a credit to the current leaseees Chris and Susannah, who are bloody nice people who care for the environment , catering for surfers and are champions of recycling everything. It’s worth a trip just to chill out in a slow, quiet, beautiful coastal desert landscape and surf at the same time. AW

Was there in 2022 for my first time.
Yep was really well run and a great place to stay.
Chris and Susannah have done an incredible job.
Was talking with a bloke who had been a regular since late 70's and he was commenting on that it is better now than its ever been. Not many surf destinations can make that claim!!
Just don't post pics. ;)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 8:17am

AW:
- “ Cactus is not as windy as usual, met like minded folk all day, been photographing plants and reptiles, it’s 2-3ft, clean, Caves 3-4ft, good vibes all round.
Swell and NE winds tomorrow morning, 33c, Singing honeyeaters everywhere, great shorebirds on the reefs, leafy sea dragons in the shallows, massive white sand barrier dunes, salt lake glistening with the pink hue created by Dunaliela salina and its mass output of carotene. Sucking down a few Balta beers, bbq chugging along, lovely eye candy everywhere.

Beautiful stuff AW. Very true!
- stay vigilant ;) doesn’t sound so much like the life of a far right fascist authoritarian, but hey, you are a very naught boy haha.

…and watch out for the roadkill when back on z highway
That shit got a real stench to it ;);)

Good vibes and AW, a good recipe for goodness
- this is the way ;)

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 9:16am

If people had any respect for this place they would just shut the fuck up and just enjoy it without having to tell the world on social media. Look at me, look at me.
I may be old school but its unwritten law, never mention the C word.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 9:29am

Simple really, just not that easy.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 9:34am

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 9:42am

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 9:45am
old-dog wrote:

If people had any respect for this place they would just shut the fuck up and just enjoy it without having to tell the world on social media. Look at me, look at me.

Yep, fair point.
Apologies.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 10:01am

('arsehole' is a good non gender-specific option. Everyone has one, plus it reclaims the non-'asshole' spelling of 'arsehole' from seppo cunts).

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 10:02am

oops. soz ; )

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 10:17am
old-dog wrote:

Yep fair point but respect needs to be earned and it’s very hard to be respectful of a place that has allowed a {insert any number of descriptors here but let’s say extreme narcissist} run riot for years* and as for the C word my preference is cockwomble which is a polite way of saying narcissistic cunt!

* standby for future “schooling” on Australia Day, Trump, the US election and the AU election just off the top of my head like!

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 10:39am
southernraw wrote:

Haha. Sick one Soggydog!
Stoked you scored. Huey rewards the good eggs ;)

We need a big swell to give the beaches a blast out that handle the easterly. When we get the Westerlies there’s going to some good banks. Don’t know what it’s like out your way. Around the big smoke ;) everything is pretty silted up.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 3:36pm
old-dog wrote:

Old Dog. To an old dog. Well it’s too late for that.

The C word has been known for a long time.

You are kidding , it was known well in the late 60’s , everyone crossing from east to west that surfed knew about it, go back and blame loose lips in SA pubs before you fire a shot.

Non surfers also go there because it’s a great place, great vibe and an experience for anyone who likes quiet and an ecosystem thats something to behold.
It’s better people know about, learn to respect it instead of constantly breaking out new ground, destroying other beautiful areas of natural resource where on this trip I’ve found cubic metres of waste piled up like dog shit.
A poor reflection of a lot of Australians.

Free camping is good, but those who don’t respect where they lay their bed destroy it for others.
Your opinion that’s fine.

I’d rather be truthful and allow others to understand the sensitivities of a place like Cactus, before they even get there.

Swellnet in my opinion does NOT qualify as a generic ‘social media ‘ site like the ones you’re referencing.
Find me a site that’s embellished with heaps of shit about Cactus and I will apologise vehemently for writing something informative about it. Good to chat. AW

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 4:11pm

Oops, wrong "c" word.
I thought he was talking about this one, for anyone that caught that deleted post

As for that other one, you're joking aren't you bud. That word, location, area been well known for donkeys.
Published, filmed, mapped, we all know it.
Ain't no secret.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Saturday, 20 Jan 2024 at 4:10pm
adam12 wrote:

Oops, wrong "c" word.

Adam12. Now, that’s makes two of us.

We are both ‘very naughty boys’.

How’s things with you ?

I hope you’re travelling okay. AW

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture