The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:07pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Haha ;);)
- keep embarrassing yaself, go for gold!

- dill by name, dill by nature ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yem_iEHiyJ0&pp=ygURcmVsYXggZG9uJ3QgZG8gaXQ%3D

Proud to following in your footsteps seseimiyagijellybrain. :):):)

I have already learnt elephant youtube is nothing to be embarrassed about. Nor is overuse of :):):) :):):) :):):) can never have too many :):):)

Jellybrain by name jellybrain by nature. You beautiful scorpion:):):)

Derppppp derppppp :):):)

I see why you have spent months filling this thread with your wisdom :):) it’s fun.

Letttter rrriiiiiiiiipppppp :):):)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:13pm

Miyagisanjellybrain, good choice. Frankie is a classic. This one is how everyone gets after reading your fact filled posts that stick to the topic and are never mean to us dills and lowinfos
https://m.

&pp=ygURdGhlIHBvd2VyIG9mIGxvdmU%3D

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:15pm

;)

You are really doing a wonderful job here explaining your purpose ;);)

- "Just here to disrupt and fill the thread with garbage."

Haha keep it up.
Hypocrisy. Idiocy. Arrogance ;)

- time for a Head Injury Assessment.

U go dill!

;);)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:15pm

Haha.
U really must be bored ;)

Breaking records with quick replies.
- haha u sad case ;);)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:22pm

- "Just here to disrupt and fill the thread with garbage."

Wtf. I can’t be doing that as I am simply doing what you have done for months.

Like for like posts mymiyagijellybrain.

Don’t you love my posts? Lots of what I have said and posted is copy and pasted from your past posts…go back and check. So it can’t be
“- "Just here to disrupt and fill the thread with garbage."

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:29pm

Haha ;)
- the 'it's not me' defence.

- if only everything could be 100% someone else's fault ;);)
Grow a pair.

You're not fooling anyone but yaself.

- go have your nervous breakdown somewhere else ;)

Your input here is pathetic.

&pp=ygUYcm9sbGlucyBsb3cgc2VsZiBvcGluaW9u

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:33pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Haha ;)
- the 'it's not me' defence.

- if only everything could be 100% someone else's fault ;);)
Grow a pair.

You're not fooling anyone but yaself.

- go have your nervous breakdown somewhere else ;)

Your input here is pathetic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rKb6Ik0Jm3s&pp=ygUYcm9sbGlucyBsb3cgc2VsZiB...

Miyagisesei…are you projecting??? :):):)

“Your input here is pathetic”
:):):)

Projecting jellybrain. :):) derp derp:):). ??

Don’t project bro… you’re too smart :):) for that.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:40pm

I’m confused

I post just like you…my hero:):):) and you still criticise…yet you do the same posts and they are works of intelligence and an obvious amazing intellect:):):)

Maybe you are so far advanced that a simple dill pickle can’t comprehend the truth and insightful posts you post:):)

In the company of jellybrain who is really a jellyHUGHbrain

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:45pm

Haha ;)

You're not confused.
- just bored ;);)

Carry on.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 6:53pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Haha ;)

You're not confused.
- just bored ;);)

Carry on.

What’s your purpose for being here?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 7:36pm

Quote “ To engage it is to do what it wants, you’re better to just ignore it “ ……….hmmmmm

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 7:47pm
Supafreak wrote:

Quote “ To engage it is to do what it wants, you’re better to just ignore it “ ……….hmmmmm

Or…do unto others:) :):) deerrrp deerrp :):):)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 7:48pm

Sounds religious

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 7:52pm
Supafreak wrote:

Sounds religious

Well, jellybrain is a living god :):):)

He has so much knowledge…and he spreads his wisdom and finally I have “seen the light” :):):) amen :):):)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 7:52pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:12pm
Optimist wrote:

Of course Arab Israelis have equal rights…that’s the whole point. Just because the shops shut on Jewish holidays doesn’t make them unequal. They get the same everything including the age pension.
Arabs and Jews are brothers going back many thousands of years. They come from the same family with different mothers. They are competitive but respectful. One were Bedouin types the other society builders.
It’s only the Islamic jihad that changed everything. Their prophet was jealous of the Jewish people so started a jihad against them and it’s been that way since 600 years after Jesus. Most so called muslims just say they are so the hard core Islamist Arabs don’t pick on them….most couldn’t give a stuff and Indos video shows they would rather have Israelis run the govt because they are doing just fine under that system by being equal in every way…..they even get the Israeli age pension and social security for goodness sakes.
Give it up will ya.

Honestly didn't know about pension and social security but yeah expect it would be true.

If anyone claimed one religion has more clout like holidays etc, then why aren't they also whinging about Indonesia, its the same deal, its just based on the majority like here in Australia, we get Christmas and Easter Holidays but no holidays for Islamic dates.

Ive heard some silly argument that people also have to be recognised by religion on their ID card, well again its no different to Indonesia, you must state a religion and have it in your ID card, there are practical reasons for this like medical reasons for treatment that are forbidden for say a muslim.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:39pm
soggydog wrote:

Yet they still don’t have equal rights. Arab Israeli’s. That is the position you continuously defend. That’s why you cop so much flack. Do your research. Don’t just post suppositions or propaganda.

Okay then tell me what rights Arab Israeli's don't have in Israel???

Im honestly curious because ive never read or heard of any real differences other than what i will mention below.

Arab Israeli's can vote i believe they can even run in parliament or political parties, they have all the same land and working rights.

There is even an Arab judge in the supreme court and many others working in areas of law, Arabs can even join the police force and they make up 15% of the police force (Arabs make up 20% of the Israeli population) the second in charge police commissioner is (or was) even Arab.

There is only some very rare areas of government security where Arabs cant work, purely because there is some degree of a national security risk.

The biggest unequal aspect actually plays in Arabs favour, Arabs Israelis are exempt from national service, although they can still volunteer for service and in recent years almnost 1,000 a year have (risen from a few hundred a decade ago)

So while almost all other Israeli's come out of school and have to serve two to three years in the military putting their careers or plans to start a business etc on hold, Arab Israelis dont have to, which is actually an advantage establishing ones self as a young person.

And of course if you get called up in a war like this the risk of dying or being seriously injured is a very real reality, so being exempt from military service is a very big plus, that advantage could literally save your life. (remember if they like they still can serve, so nothing is taken away from them rights wise)

In regards to generally rights, if you compare rights of Israeli's to most Arabs in other countries, all Israelis have far more rights, you can practice any religion you like, can drink, party, even smoke pot (while technically only decriminalised) have an abortion legally, be openly gay or trans even have their same sex marriage recognised, and obviously women's rights are the most progressive in the middle east by a very big margin.

Meanwhile in places like Gaza just drinking a beer or being gay is illegal and as we know in some areas of the middle east not being a muslim will see very real persecution and converting from Islam to another religion is even illegal and is punishable by imprisonment, confiscation of property, or even the death sentence, then of course in some middle eastern countries the dress code for women is extremely strict with severe penalties for not wearing a head scarf etc in public.

But hey id be interested to hear what rights Arab Israeli's dont have in Israel that other Israeli's dont have?

The best i think you will be able to come up with is, differences on treatment or rules in the West Bank, but hey are you acknowledging the West Bank as Israel?

If it was not a disputed territory and acknowledged by all as part of Israel as it should be then the rights of everyone there would be exactly the same as elsewhere in Israel.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:19pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:22pm

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:23pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Yet they still don’t have equal rights. Arab Israeli’s. That is the position you continuously defend. That’s why you cop so much flack. Do your research. Don’t just post suppositions or propaganda.

Im honestly curious because ive never read or heard of any real differences other than what i will mention below.

Arab Israeli's can vote i believe they can even run in parliament or political parties, they have all the same land and working rights.

Fark! Where have i heard this tripe before?
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/521681
Have you no self respect man???

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm

@ Roadkill Yeah cheers, i knew that i mentioned it above.

@ SR Im not interested in your conspiracy theories.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:39pm
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Indo’s first post over there on page 1 is bemusing. Seems his views differ when it comes to Israel.
As Indo finishes with “ Imagine the shit show it would stir up”
It sure has stirred up a shit show in Israel/Palestine for 75 years

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:47pm

So seeds how about you, can you come up with a right that Arab Israelis dont have that others Israeli's have?

SR has clearly got nothing, once again just trying to divert the thread to his pet obsession.

Ha ha Fuck i had to laugh when i realised what the name of that other thread is "Reparation for Historic Injustices"

I doubt you guys will get the irony.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:48pm
seeds wrote:
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Indo’s first post over there on page 1 is bemusing. Seems his views differ when it comes to Israel.

Is this what you’re referring too ? Quote @indo. “ Anyway the original post idea is utterly ridiculous and is such a backwards and divisive mindset, imagine if it was applied to other countries around the world, almost every bit of earth has changed hands and been fought over, different tribes, ethnic groups etc and wrong doings go back all through history, where would you stop?

Imagine the shit show it would stir up. “…….. Seems it may be a bit more than a conspiracy theory …….. must admit I'm looking forward to the reply .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:55pm

And if you know the history Israel was fought over again, and Israel actually won back more land than it started with art least twice.

"The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 broke out when five Arab nations invaded territory in the former Palestinian mandate immediately following the announcement of the independence of the state of Israel on May 14, 1948."

"In those six days, Israel defeated three Arab armies, gained territory four times its original size, and became the preeminent military power in the region. The war transformed Israel from a nation that perceived itself as fighting for survival into an occupier and regional powerhouse."

Its the rule of "strength and power"

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 8:54pm

Palestinians arabs aren’t Israeli citizens. So why the fuck are you talking about Israeli Arabs. Different.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:05pm
seeds wrote:

Palestinians arabs aren’t Israeli citizens. So why the fuck are you talking about Israeli Arabs. Different.

Because thats what the topic is about and my reply to SD, the rights of Palestine Arabs in say Gaza or Jordan are the business of those in charge there not the Israel government, they dont say its illegal to drink alcohol or illegal to be gay or whatever.

We are talking about Arabs Israelis living in Israel and their rights, which dont differ from other Israelis.

Although Soggy Dog claim's this is not the case

soggydog wrote:

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:06pm

That’s it Supafreak!!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:06pm

Hehe. I would rather have 'nothing' in your eyes Indo, than the amount of bullshit that you sprout.
How embarassment!!

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:08pm
Supafreak wrote:
seeds wrote:
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Is this what you’re referring too ? Quote @indo. “ Anyway the original post idea is utterly ridiculous and is such a backwards and divisive mindset, imagine if it was applied to other countries around the world, almost every bit of earth has changed hands and been fought over, different tribes, ethnic groups etc and wrong doings go back all through history, where would you stop?

Imagine the shit show it would stir up. “…….. Seems it may be a bit more than a conspiracy theory …….. must admit I'm looking forward to the reply .

hehehe. I rest my case.
Thankyou Supa. Always the wise avid watcher of bullshit.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:10pm

You're a dumb c#nt aren't you Indo. ;-)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:18pm

Better put a safety dot in here . for the front page.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:36pm

Great argument SR, just more brainless insults.

All through history, land has change's hands, generally as a result of who has the most strength and power.

The Jews lost their land long ago as couldn't protect it at the time, but have since fought off Arabs invading from all borders and even gained more land (much they have given back in peace plans)

Aboriginal Australians also lost their land because they didn't have the strength or power to protect it.

Currently we have a war going on in Ukraine, and who knows it may or may not be kept or might be lost.

We might even see China invade Taiwan one day and land fought over.

It's much more complicated today, but land is still fought over, one of the reasons why we have defence force's, even if you guys think we dont need them, cause you know in the land of unicorns there is no war.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:34pm
Supafreak wrote:
seeds wrote:
southernraw wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:

ahh,...Indo?

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:37pm

Strength and Power.
Your new catchphrase.
Got it.
Like i said. You're an evil motherfucker.
A leopard never changes it's spots.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:44pm

after 70 odd pages... finally getting to the crux of the 'post-colonialism' argument that seems to have dominated this ME war - this time...

for indod...

"The war transformed Israel from a nation that perceived itself as fighting for survival into an occupier and regional powerhouse."

occupier...

for his detractors...

Israel is a result of WW11, a 'prize' for the untold persecution and misery they endured, granted by the UN. the whole concept and definition of 'genocide' is based on this experience...

where does this decolonisation argument begin and end?

(penny wong, on site, struggling with these very issues today)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:47pm

Israel didn’t gain their Statehood because of strength and power. It was given to them. And then bank rolled by the West. Mainly the US.
And that continues to this day.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:51pm

(after watching roadkill's video, its pretty clear to me that the arguments have gotten a little loose ... ffs mr. 'socialist intafada' sign-man looks like he's there just to pick himself up a jilbab root...)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 9:51pm

ps. Sypkan, Im glad you pointed out that word in Indo’s cut and paste. He seems to have missed it.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:00pm

Yes Sypkan. Great question, well put,and there really is no easy answer.
It's not like a football match like some would believe.
I'm still trying to work it all out.
Where i'm at currently....
I think imprisoning one population is never going to work, and only lead to more problems. Bombing them won't help either.
First obvious thing i would have thought to do before moving any further forward is stop the violent reclamation of land by people that don't actually need it!! Stop protecting that reclaimed land with absolute violence. And stop bombing the shit out of people who can't actually go anywhere to escape it.
There can never be any goodwill towards each other while this is happening. This is where the human element gets lost. Most normal citizens of both sides just want peace, no threat of violence, their kids to be safe and some hope for the future. Anyone that tells you otherwise has a sadistic view of humanity. Gotta see the good in people. Because that's what you and me and all on here are would like to believe keeps us a civil species... (except one)
That's how you resolve issues. That's how you find common ground and that's how you learn to live together.
As for Hamas, yep, get rid of them. But not this way. They are contained and their threat is minimal at this point. Time is on the side of getting them. This is now well beyond two wrongs don't make a right. This is Indo level evil.
And we're already seeing the massive repercussions that we all knew would come from playing it the way they have.
It's never been about the Israeli people. I feel for them...i value them, i respect them. Their government..with a leader that shouldn't even be there are the ones that have upset the applecart to a point of no return here.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:02pm

;)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:02pm

It’s not about land.

https://www.memri.org/reports/hamas-leaders-our-goal-establishment-globa...

It’s because they’re Jews.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:08pm

I don't know if its all about Hamas either @bonza.
Although i agree. Hamas have made their intentions clear. Yep.
But there's a couple of million imprisoned there that most probably aren't Hamas (although after all this who could blame them if they were?)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:18pm

@bonza, the point i was trying to make about stop the land reclamation, wasn't about that being the root cause of conflict,(it's obvious its a mixed grill of problems, including religion) but that is definitely an on the ground, lived catalyst that gets the stones thrown each way.
In my humble opinion, you have to start at the start, and control the controllables (insofar as unneccesary conflict).
My whole point is, as an evolved species, surely this is an opportunity to offer trust and respect to each other. Start considering the humanity in each other. Embrace the individualism in each and every person from both sides, and don't subscribe to the them and us that is portrayed by the media and the leading elites.
It surely can't be worse than what's been playing out since Oct 7...and before that.
It might sound idealistic, but....is there a better way for humanity to head? Maybe this is the kick up the arse we as humans need to elevate ourselves to a new level of peaceful coexistence that we've not yet experienced on this planet.
I dunno. Maybe i'm just a hippy but if you can imagine it,....

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:28pm

Yes it’s a beautiful thought SR.

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/ILRedAlert

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:28pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:29pm

elephants leaving the promise land?

thanks, for the clear answer

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:32pm

yeh, it's not all about land

but it is all about religion connected to that land... and perceived greviance...

(and what that article is on about... which is where certain 'allies' are just plain ignorant, stupid, and dumb)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 10:34pm
bonza wrote:

Yes it’s a beautiful thought SR.

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/ILRedAlert

Alert!! War is a two sided kind of thing.