The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:21pm
oliver.ricci wrote:

Did you forget about WWI&II or the previous large scale wars on planet earth in the past few thousand years? Or do you believe that this time will be different and we'll never see another one again, so we can safely stop funding a military and not worry too much about world events etc, just sit around smoking pot and putting flower beads in our hair?

huh? This directed to me oliverrocky? Did i forget? Nope.
You have an issue with my opinion, fine....just an opinion. (as you might have noted i said i pretty much know fuckall)
Luckily, i'm not the world leader and know it all like you dear sir.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:36pm

I’d be more concerned about Jiuzhang 3 rather than conventional warfare.
Commissioned in October 23 chinas new quantum computer named ”JiuZhang”
Translation in mandarin is “old grudge” “old score to settle” is now on line and seeing as everything is connected to the internet and therefore vulnerable to a machine that can calculate complex questions 20 billion years (yes years) faster than the worlds best is a bit of a concern.
That’s a real “hacking anything you like “ machine right there and if they decide to go down the road with the same forethought that they did with the sparrows and add Ai to this old grudge payback time marvel it should be really interesting what evolves from that.
My advice is disconnect a lot of your important stuff from the net. Run your petrol cars on LPG which will become Bio LPG soon which is fully renewable.
Yes they are building those cars in Europe but we are a little behind as usual.
Then you won’t be dependant on the Middle East. The new systems are amazing and you’ll help the environment.
Grow some veggies and learn some good old skills. I look at my dear old mum, no internet, nice garden, old bank book no one can hack and a cheque account…happy as Larry and loaded because she doesn’t waste money on crap that doesn’t matter.
Hopefully all our defence systems are not connected online or you may as well have a bucket of rocks to throw.
Interesting times ahead.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:38pm

When someone comes out without having ever engaged with you and makes a mocking comment without addressing any of the points you've made, (and includes potsmoking) in their comment, you gotta wonder who's on the pot.
Some other key points for you to ignore rocky, as to why i think a full scale world war is less likely now than back then.
The world population then was 2.3billion. It's now 8billion.
Social media wasn't around then, nor camera phones...nor the communication between people like now.
World economics and trade is on a much larger scale now and intertwined too delicately between the large players.
Nuclear weapons are way more prolific now with the large players. A full scale world war won't come before a nuke standoff.
And lastly, i doubt there's enough pot for the whole world to sit around and smoke hoping for the best...although i don't smoke so that's one less person.
Again just my shitty opinions.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:54pm

doubt its an end of days scenario southerraw...

more an end of ways...

our ways of living... and our supposed 'friends'...

a more 'multi-polar world', where alliances can form and slip away overnight, literally...

brics, petro-dollar alliances, the declining dollar supremacy, commie v cap., ...and a whole heap of cooperative 'alliances' are all up for reassessment atm...

literally, a heap of cards are up in the air, waiting for a more 'secure' place to fall

countries like indo and india hedging their bets big time

dunno about china sticking to their region, ...you seen their bri aspirations?

they need resources, and even food, from other regions just to maintain their current position... a position they are far from content with...

dunno about putin madman either... big mistake of the west to assume / portray him as such...

WWW111 will be different... many argue we are already in it.... with the 'kinetic' stage now only just beginning...

the cyber- war's already been raging for a decade or more... all this 'hacking', and transport and infrastructure shutdowns and attacks are a little more than the 6 o'clock news lets on...

corona - however you view it, and whatever it was - was weaponised to the extreme...

we're in it dude!

chances are, it won't make it to our shores... the kinetic bit... oz is so lucky, nz too... (hence the billionaire bunkers) ...but change for us is afoot...

we were born into a charmed age, where all indicators were things would only get better... seems that aint panning out... anymore...

'the end of history' was a pipedream...

a fallacy... unfortunately, nearly our whole ruling class were born, educated, and indoctrinated into this thinking...

de-programming that seems our biggest challenge...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:50pm

SR
U just said U know F All .

Opti pointed out the simple things in life are STILL the most important .

Like spending less time on social media and the phone .

Growing some food .

I am going to take his advice as I know fuck all as well , just like fucken U .

I won't give MY fn opinion on this , as I know f all .

It quite simple , I now come to realise .

Like just going fn surfing , perhaps ?

I hope U get it 2 !

It feels nice :)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:50pm

There's more truth in that for sure Sypkan.
Don't think the alarmist approach is quite appropriate at this particular point in time.
A good time to have one's eyes open perhaps. (especially post covid b.s)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:52pm

What you on about now Pop?
Wasn't replying to opti....his post must've popped up between oliver rockys and my slow reply...i dunno..nor care tbh.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 5:06pm

SR
Sorry mate !!!!!

I am going gaga on this thread .

Saw the different numbers and different times U mentioned , and obviously put one and one together and got 3.9 , again .

I really do need a bex and a lie down .

This thread is bringing out old habits , I am afraid .

Please keep pointing out my F Ups SR .

Sorry , I will try and do more pausing .

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 5:13pm

All good Pop.
I could have made it clearer also.
Cheers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 6:32pm

Speaking of pot

"Israelis regularly inhale the most weed per capita anywhere on Earth. Why is everyone united on marijuana use?

If there is one issue that unites the vast majority of Israel’s fractious electorate, it is... cannabis.
Israelis regularly inhale the most weed per capita anywhere on Earth.

A survey in 2017 found that 27% of Israelis between the ages of 18 and 65 had consumed cannabis in the past year (up from 8.8% in 2009), according to the US News & World Report. That figure is probably higher by now.

Since 2017, personal use of a small amount has been effectively decriminalized in Israel. In many places in the country, people can – and do – smoke a joint in the street.

https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/article-729577

Also a world leader in medical cannabis research.

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 6:31pm

Fk me SR you're easily triggered into unhinged deranged crazy person abuse mode

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 6:33pm

Blowin?
Triggered? If that's your interpretation. Still waiting for some kind of valid response to any of the points.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 6:34pm

btw the only one making any abusive comments here has been you chump.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 7:00pm

Hey Indo those pics of the incident maps were amazing, someone has done autist level compiling there. Very good, I'll have to watch it.

Guys, it's great power competition, but they are coalescing on a remake of cold war lines. That means everything cold war, stir shit in the other guy's backyard of influence, all the other stuff right down to influencing opinion. And at the same time global trade flows are continuing like the end of history/globalism time, but they are beginning to shudder.

Optimist you can also run cars on E85 that's Australian grown, and get it at many bowsers on the east coast. CNG into diesels from NW shelf reserves solves trucking.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 7:39pm

It’s a great day when I agree with SR. It had to happen sometime.

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 9:14pm

“Future historians will marvel at these arcane debates. It will seem obvious by 2033, if not sooner, that the pax americana faced a well-coordinated challenge from China, Russia, Iran and North Korea in the early 2020s. The first move was the invasion of Ukraine. The second was the war of Iran’s proxies against Israel. The third will most likely be a Chinese challenge to American primacy in the Indo-Pacific, perhaps — if Xi Jinping is bold — a blockade of Taiwan.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2023-12-31/on-ukraine-us-and-...

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 9:55pm
Roadkill wrote:

It’s a great day when I agree with SR. It had to happen sometime.

haha. Love ya Roady.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 10:31pm

DW interview with former general Petraeus about the Gaza situation amongst other things:

I linked it as I was fascinated with a reply up near the top, on the ships topic for the SCS. I'll quote @Tacit_Tern:

"When I was in the 7th Fleet, USN, we were constantly having to chase China out of the territorial waters of other countries; where they didn't belong. I know quite a bit about their assets, capabilities, and locations....

If anyone is interested:

PLN North [HQ Qingdao]
1 Aircraft Carrier, 18 Subs, 1 Cruiser, 9 Destroyers, 12 Frigates, 10 Corvettes, 2 Tank Landing Ships, 5 Medium Landing Ships, 18 Missile Patrol Craft

PLN East [HQ Ningbo]
18 Subs, 12 Destroyers, 23 Frigates, 19 Corvettes, 2 Amphibs, 16 Tank Landing Ships, 7 Medium Landing Ships, and 46 Missile Patrol Craft

PLN South [HQ Zhanjiang]
1 Carrier, 20 Subs, 11 Destroyers, 18 Frigates, 20 Corvettes, 4 Amphibs, 13 Tank Landing Ships, 9 Medium Landing Ships, and 22 Missile Patrol Craft

Their Navy isn't as aircraft focused as ours. The reason being that PLAAF pilots have a hard time with simply just staying in the air. So they've designed a very lightweight fleet based on Aerial denial, and a meat grinder island hopping strategy.

The southern fleet is designed for the Philippines. The eastern fleet is the primary defense and its main purpose is Taiwan. The northern fleet is their weakest, because they believe that Russia will help them."

Take with usual internet grain of salt...

Indo given your background and wife's nationality, you might be interested in the history of how quickly the Japanese southern force took the Dutch East Indies in early 1942, wiping the American British Dutch Australian forces (ABDA) out of the way.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 10:47pm

?si=DS4lxwDd4YJIHSbl

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 10:58pm

When the hornets build a nest in your backyard and you go and kick the nest and start building your own:

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:00pm

Turkish broadcasting service with a great interview with the Russian UK ambassador. He's very measured and considers things and I thought the interviewer did well to let him get his side's views across. Includes comments on Israel and Gaza:

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:03pm

?si=Q5ngREqv9jFjpvUr

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:06pm

Wrong thread VJ

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:12pm

?si=-7ZfHbNiULsqzAL7

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 12:15am
burleigh wrote:
mikehunt207 wrote:

How do we tell if Benjamin is lying? His mouth is open.... yet the west are just letting him run with it.

You didn't seem to mind when the west lied about covid and the vaccines. Maybe, just maybe you're getting what you wanted.

Wow burls, you still on about covid? As for any relevance with this topic and jumping on some poor traumatised kid as your opportunity to be a dick online ,pro Israel too .... well done

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 7:41am

And seeds is coming in fast seeking to take that number one position.

Come on Jelly brain the dude wants your spot get to work.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 8:28am

Maybe you should watch a few. There’s a whole other narrative out there Indo.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 8:44am
mikehunt207 wrote:
burleigh wrote:
mikehunt207 wrote:

How do we tell if Benjamin is lying? His mouth is open.... yet the west are just letting him run with it.

You didn't seem to mind when the west lied about covid and the vaccines. Maybe, just maybe you're getting what you wanted.

Wow burls, you still on about covid? As for any relevance with this topic and jumping on some poor traumatised kid as your opportunity to be a dick online ,pro Israel too .... well done

No, just how much of a hypocrite you are. The west media lied every single day about Covid and ran with stories, you tried your best to cook anyone that dared question it, yet here you are having a sook about it happening now.

You're a tool and a massive hypocrite.

Also, you're wrong again. I'm not pro-Israel.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 8:57am

Burls still wetting his bed over his anti vaxx cult version of the pandemic. Turns every thread into his own delusional vendetta against authority. Pretty sad unit.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 9:03am
old-dog wrote:

Burls still wetting his bed over his anti vaxx cult version of the pandemic. Turns every thread into his own delusional vendetta against authority. Pretty sad unit.

No, just pointing out Mikehunts hypocrisy. Don't whinge about something you were cheering on 2 years ago.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 10:40am
old-dog wrote:

100% correct…meanwhile the rest of the world has moved on.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 11:03am

Haha @lowinfo
- nobody is anywhere near taking your number one dickhead position ;);)

You got an unassailable lead haha
(and the intellect of an elephant fart)

…the voice thread got u trying to say that your incessant bullshit was a byproduct of the ‘flue’ ;);)
- and this one it’s apparently something to do with undiagnosed self diagnosed autism ;)

Haha… go Karen!
- float on u zionist boot licking knob jockey wannabe ;);)

https://m.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 11:07am
indo-dreaming wrote:

And seeds is coming in fast seeking to take that number one position.

Come on Jelly brain the dude wants your spot get to work.

Better than being Swellnet’s #1 bullshit artist. Over 50 pages of posts and links and you still just make shit up.

Remember this little nugget of BS.

“Clearly not, no army in history has ever gone to the lengths the IDF has to avoid civilian deaths, The IDF has made 20,000 calls, dropped 1.5m leaflets and sent 4.4 million SMS & 6 million voice messages urging civilians in northern Gaza to evacuate temporarily for their safety, at times provided safe areas of passage where a few hours a day there is ceasfire.“

With numerous links proving that convoys to and stated evacuation areas have been deliberately attacked. And numerous unarmed civilian deaths in the West Bank.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 11:10am

And… @noinfo

3:30 - 4:55 mins…
- facts ;)

…. I challenge you to dispute anything in the vid ;)
- go on… give your counterpoints numbnuts ;);)

And you still haven’t provided any evidence of hamas support or anti semitism yet.
- all hail to the sound of crickets ;);)

?si=LkvSq9fqy6OMlajD

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 1:55pm

Ha! Time for another thread cleanser.And a bit of inspiration for the protagonists on this thread as we wind up page 55 and turn over another.

I watched this fight live on TV at the time. Tommy " The Hitman" Hearns was always one of my favorites.
As an aside, I had a brief, highly embarrassing amateur career in the ring as a younger much fitter man (2 bouts 2 losses-muay thai) and my camp came up with a different ring name for each, "the Touch of Sleep" and "The Piccola Morte" *Italian for "The little death".
Pity my ring skills didn't match such cool ring names.
A twelve year old girl would beat the shit out of me these days.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 2:11pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

And… @noinfo

3:30 - 4:55 mins…
- facts ;)

…. I challenge you to dispute anything in the vid ;)
- go on… give your counterpoints numbnuts ;);)

And you still haven’t provided any evidence of hamas support or anti semitism yet.
- all hail to the sound of crickets ;);)

https://youtu.be/upmrOAwfSsU?si=LkvSq9fqy6OMlajD

Nearly finished his book 'Myth of Normal.'
What a wise compassionate man Dr Gabor Mate is.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 2:38pm

Luv ya contributions @adam12
- always a nice addition ;)

That’s an all time scrap that one…
Some others involving roberto duran vs hagler are also amazing.

Nice to hear of the muay thai connection. My two daughters are on the muay thai train, have been for a while…
I pity any bloke that ever tries anything with them ;)
I’ve also done judo with them since they were around 9 or 10….

Such valuable and worthy stuff… also an insight into harnessing abilities of conflict resolution beyond the physical realm. Skills that last a lifetime and really contribute to personal growth and responsibility / accountability.

@andy-mac… great to hear!
His stuff is brilliant, keep at it ;)

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 3:33pm

Funny how the characters on here that parrot on about everyone’s violence while trying to defend their country are into violent sports themselves.
Even getting their offspring into it. The reason there is war is because of people like you always looking for a fight. Even one that is never there until you start it…..Oh but it’s just self defence…ha ha…
The aggro tone in all your posts is confirmed by the violent sports you enjoy…
Just more bullies and war pigs….all part of the global problem.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 3:34pm

@Jelly,
Yeah, hell of a scrap. Rounds two and three just as intense. Hagler knocked him out in R3.
Hearns was WBC super welterweight champ at the time with an incredible KO record and Hagler undisputed middleweight champ, Hearns had to step up two weight divisions to challenge and later blamed the loss on losing his legs due to having them massaged just prior to the fight.
Both fought and beat Roberto Duran in equally spectacular fights.
Glad to hear your girls are training muay thai. Those skills you mention are so true. Self discipIine and fitness and body conditioning such that you could brush off a hit with a bat were other things I took out of it. I worked with a lot of bouncers back in the day, a lot of tough guys. Streetfighters, bodybuilders, trained fighters. The muscle boys all had short fuses, throw an insult at them and they would go berserk and I saw a lot of people hurt by those bozo's. The trained fighters you could spit on them and they would just laugh at you, throw a punch and they would just restrain you, but if there was ever a "house that needed cleaning", to quote an expression they used to use, it would get cleaned in an instant and no mess left behind.
Keep on punching boys!
Edit. Fuck off Optimist

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 3:56pm

Yep I've noticed that too Optimist.
Doesn't anyone build, construct, create things as their hobby anymore?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:05pm

Why build and construct and create VJ, when punching the shit out of people brings them inner peace.
I’m sure jelly has a you tube shit punching inner peace out video to share.
He has one for every occasion….at least now we are sure of the violent hypocrisy of these guys.
In the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh….and by their fruit shall ye know them.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:14pm

What a load of horse shit optimist. I hope you never have to physically defend yourself from some knucklehead. Being trained to cope with that situation doesn't turn you into a bully or a war pig, and it doesn't mean anyone who's done martial arts is looking for a fight. What a stupid thing to say.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:16pm

Opti displaying the self awareness of a nit

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:19pm

Yep and there’s the other aggro war pig…all coming out of the woodwork now.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:34pm

Flopti u fuckwit ;)

The point of martial arts is the opposite of desiring war or fighting.

It teaches self control and awareness and harnesses abilities that allow one to avoid physical conflict.

I’ve had over thirty years of experience in various disciplines. Back in the day I did a lot of jiu jitsu in maroubra and bondi. Most of my fellow practitioners were jewish by the way ;)

I’ve not had a physical altercation outside a dojo since I was in my early twenties.

Fighting is the antithesis of martial training. Like a lot of things, u have no farkn idea. So best stfu.

My kids are growing up self assured and have wonderful strong relationships. I’m proud they’ll know how to handle themselves and they already know violence is an absolute last resort.

The mention of martial arts has nothing to do with endorsing or encouraging violence. Once again… you are wrong and wallowing in assumptions and personal delusion.

But baby jesus will save you haha

;)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:37pm
Optimist wrote:

Yep and there’s the other aggro war pig…all coming out of the woodwork now.

Obviously someone has never done any form of martial art ....

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:38pm

Religious folk talking about hypocrisy…the irony is strong.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 4:59pm

It seems I owe my apologies to the nits of the world, opti the christian frnj cockwomble displaying a total lack of coherent thought, again!

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 5:55pm

The aggro boys still foaming at the mouth and still not understanding why the world can’t possibly survive while people like them still exist in it.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 6 Jan 2024 at 6:03pm

Hahaha flopti…
- keep digging yaself deeper.

The world can’t possibly survive with farkn religious nutbags who believe in and promote and even welcome the fantastical belief of the book of revelation / armageddon / end of days bullshit.

Farkn hell you are a funny cunt !
- you need an intervention alright ;);)