The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 5:01pm

Thank seeds :)

I won't look back but know I get things mixed up , often .

A great reminder to me to NOT attribute words to anyone .

I really like Opti - I read nothing but goodness in his posts .

Was wrong , and am sorry .

Adam - I know Balmy .

He is NOT a teddy bear .

edit

In his book it tells the story of him grabbing the cane out of his headmasters hand to stop getting hit .

Balmy was going to hit him , with it .

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 5:04pm

Bugger, posted at the end of the page.
Want @Indo to see it so posting it again.

Ha! Time for a thread cleanser.
Just found a video I didn't know existed.
Me hanging out on stage at Crown about ten years ago with a rolled gold AFL/VFL legend, chatting about my grandad.
This one's for you @Indo, so you know what I look like, in case you ever see me out in a lineup and want to come up and say g'day, or give me a slap!
PS. Note my inspirational address towards the end to the Richmond players, who went on to win three flags and produce another golden era. I take all the credit!
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/726812/hall-of-fame-inductee-tom-ohal...

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 5:07pm

That’s was great Adam.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 5:24pm

you're cute as a fucken button @Pop!  I love people like you, with your own, slightly bewildering, internal dialogue going on  ; )

I can see why @adam12 likes you and has always defended your, and Hutchy's, honor.

Like an inquisitive & good-hearted (but experienced & hard-headed) kid,

I can't think of a greater compliment.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:18pm

base 6

I can't either , thank u .

Just spoke to Irishman .

Asked him nicely , to not chat with me ( as he stuffs me up ) on SN .

Told him to pop down with his Hawaiian dream .

Told him to join me in the Maldives instead .

With me , he will be in danger ( he has never travelled with me ) and , if he follows me to Hawaii , he may come back in a body bag .

If anyone should die due to my crazy Quixote adventures , it will be just , me .

I am retired now , and over responsibility .

6 - U are very cool ,

Hutchy , wasn't imo .
Way too grumpy , for my liking !

edit

I am going to pop down , unless , from this thread , for a while .

Going to read TBB's Covid Update !

I need to concentrate .

What a resource for SN , imho !

Real true blue !!!

edit lol

Adam said he was surprised he hadn't been banned from SN .

I agreed with him , again .

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:23pm

Great stuff @Adam12. (re.vid)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:33pm

Don’t stay away too long Pop!
As for Hutchy, well he was a real pain in the arse Dutchman. ;);)
ps. re. Your writing style. Did you take lessons from Jelly or Sypkan before your reincarnation

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:39pm

I think the pro palestine bridgade have played this game all wrong...

always concentrating on death numbers and so called 'genocide'

its absolute bullshit, genocide is intentionally wiping out a race / group of people. ...as I said the other day, when one looks at the miserable rubble that gaza has been reduced to... it's an absolute miracle there haven't been more deaths...

which just shows israel has at least shown some discretion... hence, easy to dismiss the overly dramatic cries of genocide...

same with focussing on deaths of so called 'journalists' ... journalists (whatever that means in the current SM/bullshit context) are in the thick of it, and if doing their job... more than likely don't move to ' safe zones', so...

the real tragedy, is the absolute raising of gaza - and all the people's lives along with it...

and the creation of a generation of this...

https://twitter.com/StanWillenbring/status/1741850112341533007

absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking

(just my thoughts, as the discussion above turned to my death toll's bigger than your death toll)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:38pm

Spot on Sypkan. The numbers don’t matter.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 6:57pm

ps. Imagine if this went on for years. Not enough Palestinians to in anyway even match the holocaust. But who’s counting. As you say absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:13pm
sypkan wrote:

I think the pro palestine bridgade have played this game all wrong...

always concentrating on death numbers and so called 'genocide'

its absolute bullshit, genocide is intentionally wiping out a race / group of people. ...as I said the other day, when one looks at the miserable rubble that gaza has been reduced to... it's an absolute miracle there haven't been more deaths...

which just shows israel has at least shown some discretion... hence, easy to dismiss the overly dramatic cries of genocide...

same with focussing on deaths of so called 'journalists' ... journalists (whatever that means in the current SM/bullshit context) are in the thick of it, and if doing their job... more than likely don't move to ' safe zones', so...

the real tragedy, is the absolute raising of gaza - and all the people's lives along with it...

and the creation of a generation of this...

https://twitter.com/StanWillenbring/status/1741850112341533007

absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking

(just my thoughts, as the discussion above turned to my death toll's bigger than your death toll)

That’s enough to bring you to tears. Poor little guy, that’s so fucked

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:26pm

I shed a few. Shell shock. Probably no family left. He’ll definitely grow up pro Israel ya reckon?
I’m liking Adam12’s opposites idea more and more.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:36pm

Is that shock causing that?
Fuck you just want to give him a big bear hug until he’s ok

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:48pm

In my unprofessional opinion.
Ask the Sage!
Edit.. Shell Shock is an old term. And was built up over years of war. Either way it’s an severe anxiety response.
Edit again I know it’s not in medical terms as that’s a response to low blood pressure

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:51pm

I think we call it ptsd now...

https://m.

(pity the 'microaggresion' crowd have cheapened that one even more...)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:57pm

Terrible to see .

A life of horrible memories for the little boy .

War is horrible .

It would be wonderful to be able to get the boy anywhere safe , and help the little tacker heal .

I also see Israeli children , being subjected to the same horrors .

All Israel watch , on their daily news , is the horrors of the War and the plight of the hostages .

Again , horrible life time memories .

Australian children , EVERY day , are also subjected to horror and its lasting memory .

I so worry about them to .

It's heart breaking imho .

edit

getting too hard , this thread .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 7:54pm

I used to import a product from Israel, they had a manufacturing site close to the Gaza border and the workers were Palestinians. That brand will not be able to employ Palestinians for years to come.
Employment and prospects in Gaza or cross border into Israel will be zero for a long time to come.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:03pm

Carlin, @sypkan, what a master.. making mad-making shit palatable and even funny..

Current conflict:

geopolitical-realists know Australia doesn't matter, globally, other than what it represents economically in raw resources, and, along with nz, as a southern-hemisphere outpost of the 'west'.

There is no-one in Aus, globally speaking, we are just an idea.

The entire Jewish population of the world is about that of the Aus eastern states.

The Palestinian population is about that of Sydney.

They are just ideas, really. (chock full of real day-to-day people).

Humanists are abhorred at the human behaviour, the military-machine, the agendas, are disgusted at the idea of humans killing other humans, intentionally, coldly, and with fear and hatred of 'the other'... it is flat-out FARKING DISGUSTING.

People around the world who have chosen a 'side' are clearly using these messy little nation states as representative of a bigger frontline ideological/religious/political agenda. Arseholes, the lot of them.

And that shit is forever-unsolvable.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:07pm
sypkan wrote:

I think we call it ptsd now...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fpVtJNv4ZNM

(pity the 'microaggresion' crowd have cheapened that one even more...)

Good point about the language used.
In this world now most downplay that. Doesn’t compute to most people. That’s understandable. Big problem though!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:16pm

I reckon Basesix is the sage today after that post.

?si=jWT2lLc0DQpoJ5Ct

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:20pm

I appreciate that @seeds, but I'm sitting in the Black Swan in Robe, in full Alice Cooper garb, and people don't seem to get how cool I am..? Maybe a song...

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:28pm

Whaahaa I’m sure. What song? Well surely it’s got to be Schools Out for….. considering the time of year!!

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm

..just tried it.. I did a great job of exhaling beer-breath on '..for ev-ahhhhh'..
they still don't seem to get it : /
south aussies.. go figure.. 'heaps good' my arse

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm

Haha that’s all good as long there was no spittle

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 8:56pm
adam12 wrote:

Bugger, posted at the end of the page.
Want @Indo to see it so posting it again.

Ha! Time for a thread cleanser.
Just found a video I didn't know existed.
Me hanging out on stage at Crown about ten years ago with a rolled gold AFL/VFL legend, chatting about my grandad.
This one's for you @Indo, so you know what I look like, in case you ever see me out in a lineup and want to come up and say g'day, or give me a slap!
PS. Note my inspirational address towards the end to the Richmond players, who went on to win three flags and produce another golden era. I take all the credit!
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/726812/hall-of-fame-inductee-tom-ohal...

Nice one, would be cool to have a grandfather who was an AFL champion.

It's kind of crazy how much history is in the game and how much its changed over time, even when you watch bits of games from 20 years ago the change in the way the game looks just visually and how its played is crazy.

Anyway it's great that you are being civil, but once our debate's gets heated again please don't feel like you cant throw personal abuse around im cool with that when its warranted, but just not from the get go ;D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:09pm
Roadkill wrote:

I used to import a product from Israel, they had a manufacturing site close to the Gaza border and the workers were Palestinians. That brand will not be able to employ Palestinians for years to come.
Employment and prospects in Gaza or cross border into Israel will be zero for a long time to come.

Also affects Palestines in the West Bank, thousands now aren't allowed to work in Israel because of the security risk.

Also heard next year they were going to increase the amount of people from Gaza allowed to work in Israel., obviously that is not going to happen anymore.

I dont think any Palestines will be allowed to work in Israel now to much of a security risk, they are apparently already looking to other countries like Asia to bring in cheap labor for certain jobs.

Yeah yeah i know, but we do the same.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:22pm
seeds wrote:

In my unprofessional opinion.
Ask the Sage!
Edit.. Shell Shock is an old term. And was built up over years of war. Either way it’s an severe anxiety response.
Edit again I know it’s not in medical terms as that’s a response to low blood pressure

Funny enough i do actually know a little bit about it because my father has been diagnosed with PTSD from Vietnam.

He never was violent or self medicated with alcohol or drugs or anything and was/is a good father but had behaviourally problems, triggers, and suffered depression as a result.

I remember vividly the first time i saw the effects as a kid was one night sneaking into my parents room in the middle of the night as couldn't sleep, my father freaked out and had an automatic reaction while pretty much asleep had me restrained in some crazy combat manoeuvre, scared the hell out of me and i promised never to sneak in again and always woke my mum instead.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:22pm

Fuck me. Nice post. Number 11111ONE empath. To above post

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:20pm

Yeah nah

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:19pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:21pm

@ Seeds If you address a post at me even with a mocking name, you risk getting a reply.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:27pm

I never mock your name dumdass. You have done it to me numerous times. Giving a number? Geez was I being a smartarse? . Risk getting a reply? You’re not gunna get in the car again and pay someone a visit

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:39pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

boat situation intensifies

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/you-will-bear-the-consequences-a...

and Iran has just moved a warship into the Red Sea: https://www.politico.eu/article/iran-warship-red-sea-suez-canal-yemen-ho...

The US and allies are nearly directly at war with Iran (we're already in proxy wars with Iran inside Gaza and with the Houthis in the Red Sea).

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 9:48pm
oliver.ricci wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

and Iran has just moved a warship into the Red Sea: https://www.politico.eu/article/iran-warship-red-sea-suez-canal-yemen-ho...

The US and allies are nearly directly at war with Iran (we're already in proxy wars with Iran inside Gaza and with the Houthis in the Red Sea).

I saw some article or video the other day and it had a break down of the USA related incidents since Oct 8th in the region, it was quite an eye opener there has been a lot more happening than we perceive, i guess most of it get little media asa only smaller incidents and lost with the bigger news in Israel/Gaza.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 10:13pm
oliver.ricci wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

Agree. We're in the next WW already, if you subscribe to 1931's Manchuria incident accelerating the path to WW2, or the Spanish Civil War being the testing ground for things like Stukas... Iran tech on the drones & missiles, helped developed by... you know. Also, conflicts in Ukraine, Armenia, pressure in SCS; in Syria, in Iraq, then there was the withdrawal from Afghanistan - trying to push and extend the militaries and munitions supply of the democracies, pushing outward with as many conflicts as possible on the periphery of the Eurasian landmass, and anywhere else they can. I think the democracies are awake to it, and the ramping up has begun.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 10:33pm

Just watched this, well worth a watch, shows and explains how 7th October happened and the failure of the systems in place, fairly well balanced too more a proper docco thing.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 10:56pm

^^^ I posted that doco back on page 44 of this thread ;)
- that’s about two weeks or so ago

Now… I understand you’re a bit slow
… but better late than never ;);)

This one below is another worthy repost - factual, informative and accurate…

?si=0I8LZyvcgBPa_f-H

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 11:05pm

ABC IVIEW

A Symphonic Odyssey With Professor Brian Cox

Well worth checking this doco out just as a reminder that humans can do amazing, worthwhile things when they’re not wasting precious time & resources slaughtering each other.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 11:33pm

Yep, true.

Professor Brian Cox is an amazing voice willing to ask the tough questions and is always highlighting the actual potential for goodness in humanity…
- unfortunately, he doesn’t always have the influence or the audience because his message is maybe too authentic and honest…
- sometimes the evil of people like bibi are able to enforce their trickery through the use of corrupted political power… to lie, deceive and manipulate instead

…then and now ;)

&feature=youtu.be

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Jan 2024 at 11:50pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
oliver.ricci wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

Agree. We're in the next WW already, if you subscribe to 1931's Manchuria incident accelerating the path to WW2, or the Spanish Civil War being the testing ground for things like Stukas... Iran tech on the drones & missiles, helped developed by... you know. Also, conflicts in Ukraine, Armenia, pressure in SCS; in Syria, in Iraq, then there was the withdrawal from Afghanistan - trying to push and extend the militaries and munitions supply of the democracies, pushing outward with as many conflicts as possible on the periphery of the Eurasian landmass, and anywhere else they can. I think the democracies are awake to it, and the ramping up has begun.

...pig iron albo?

sorry...

...too soon?

(not for some)

https://politicom.com.au/pig-iron-albo-appeasing-china/

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 9:26am

ISIS is not defeated .

They claimed responsibly for bombing Iran and there is video footage .

As VJ said , this war is ramping up .

The Worlds War Drums are , maybe , getting louder .

I know the carnage , we all will have to endure .

Seen it before .

I pray it is over sooner rather than later .

Yesterday showed me , I shouldn't watch carnage on SN .

I need to chose carefully , how much more , I need to see .

Whatever will be , will be .

There WILL be a new dawn , one day .

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 9:27am

How do we tell if Benjamin is lying? His mouth is open.... yet the west are just letting him run with it. Now he's lobbing bombs into another country on another border .

As for that poor little kid posted by sypan , that's about as sad as it gets , bad enough all the old vets that came back from war with ptsd / shell shock but little kids ... reminded me of my young bloke , so small , sitting like that , somone pick him up and hold him faaark .... they get classed a wounded child no parents by the Red Cresent .
What is has he has left to hope for in life? Does he even have a future ?

&feature=youtu.be

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 10:54am
mikehunt207 wrote:

How do we tell if Benjamin is lying? His mouth is open.... yet the west are just letting him run with it.

You didn't seem to mind when the west lied about covid and the vaccines. Maybe, just maybe you're getting what you wanted.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 11:38am

Am so happy to concede that numbers don't matter with regards to any Childs horror .

Using and posting examples of ANY Childs suffering is way TOO hard for me to watch or comment on . Way too painful .

Not a cool way to score points imho .

Popping down , for a while .

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 1:10pm
sypkan wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
oliver.ricci wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

@Sykan,
First up , fuck David Flint. Absolute lunatic right wing fucktard.
Wouldn't piss on a single thing that prick has to say.
Starting to doubt you Syppie.
Getting stooged by parody twitter now posting opinion from this lying duplicitous piece of shit.
Yes Pig Iron Albo.
Pig iron every Australian leader on both sides going back to Howard, even further

...pig iron albo?

sorry...

...too soon?

(not for some)

https://politicom.com.au/pig-iron-albo-appeasing-china/

@Sykan,
First up , fuck David Flint. Absolute lunatic Liberal fucktard.
Wouldn't piss on a single thing that prick has to say. Ever.
Starting to doubt you Syppie.
Getting stooged by parody twitter now posting opinion from this lying duplicitous piece of shit.
Yes Pig Iron Albo.
Pig iron every Australian leader on both sides going back to Howard, even further.
But it's not Pig Iron, it's high grade ore, highly profitable ore, gleefully supplied by the robber barons that exploit the common heritage of all Australians and give fuck all back. Building the power that we are spending, what, $400 billion of tax money trying to counter, that could be used on making us better and isn't going to make us "safe" for decades, that the Chinese would probably wipe out in an afternoon if the shit hit the fan anyway.
Flint doesn't mention who leased Darwin Port in the first place does he?
Flint doesn't mention the gas deal Howard gave the Chinese does he?
Nah, it's all Albo.
Albo's not my guy as you know, but fuck me dead, he's just the end of a "conga line of suckholes" and sell outs. This is a story that didn't just start at the last federal election.
You posting up this shit is below you IMO Sypiie.
Check yaself b.4 ya wreck yaself. I know you are smarter. Don't let the blind disappointment most on the left, including the old school rust ons like you (and probably me) have for "Going way too easy Tony Albanese" blind you into buying into the twisted fucked up partisan logic of people like that Monarchist muppet Flint. Who's next? Retweets from Prue Mac Sween?
Pffffffffffft.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 1:46pm

that was half in jest adam12... and tbh, my referring to 'pig iron albo' was more about, it is clear to me that we are sending iron ore to china, to only more than likely have it all sent right back to us...

as bombs and warships

yeh, that's a looooong view... and maybe Im paranoid...

but it was more in reference to this from vj...

"...pushing outward with as many conflicts as possible on the periphery of the Eurasian landmass, and anywhere else they can. I think the democracies are awake to it, and the ramping up has begun..."

fuck I hope they're awake to it... with all the other 'awake' bullshit that's going on... one doesn't hold nuch hope...

your mate pops is on the money too I reckon, we are all about to 'endure' the most dramatic of changes to what we now see as priorities...

which is why I try to keep a little emotional detachment to what's going on in gaza... I believe we are all about to face a huge '...the enemy of my enemy...' reckoning moment...

china, russia, iran....

no one is talking enough about iran!

re. david flint... he came up when I googled 'pig iron albo' before posting, thinking about iron ore...

now I know some will instantly cancel him due to his positions on the voice, monarchy, and within the liberal party...

but I don't do that... I'll listen to anyone... for a while...

you know he was once a labor man?

(bit of a runnig theme there that one...)

and I believe he has some good things to say...

not least, this little gem

"...but demonstrating that a mindless Big Population Australia policy illustrates yet again the madness and incompetence of our political class and why the rank and file must resist this agenda, beginning with the Voice and then by demanding fundamental change.

If, as South Australian Premier Charles Kingston proposed to Alfred Deakin at Federation, we had completed the constitution with a larger dose of Swiss-style tried and tested direct democracy, the political class would now be subject to the continuing control of the people.

There is no doubt the result would be a vast improvement in governance. Why? Because the rank and file are clearly endowed with far more common sense than our ruling class..."

https://politicom.com.au/radical-albos-destroy-australia-end-game/

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 3:31pm

"and isn't going to make us "safe" for decades, that the Chinese would probably wipe out in an afternoon if the shit hit the fan anyway."

Just with regard to this, no they wouldn't. Presently anyway, even despite the size of their fleet. One, because their carriers are still learning and developing their sortie rates, and two, because there would be a couple of US carrier battle groups in the way - AND some Virginia class subs that are part of the treaty and will be operational from here much sooner. Subs that can sit on your flank at 30 knots all day every day and lob carrier killing cruise missiles in at will, to make you think twice...

If the US was to lose Australia, the link between Pacific and Indian would be broken for them, and they would then lose SE Asia.

My 2c, the situation that would overwhelm Australia would be if two Chinese carrier groups got to sit off our northern coast with impunity, then knock out all our northern defence infrastructure. That's assuming we don't A2/AD them before this. Maybe they could do it by island hopping a missile umbrella toward us? But again, they will meet US forces before this (marines are being recast as missile forces).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leapfrogging_(strategy)

The subs will be very worthwhile, it's how a lesser power can asymetrically neuter a stronger power at sea. If you mean wipe us out with nukes, then there won't be a Swellnet to post a reply on.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 3:44pm

The end of days....'things ramping up'.
I just don't see it happening.
Chinese interest has always been in their own region.
Russia...run by a madman...couldn't properly invade Ukraine.
Middle East. So caught up in their own mess both with the West and each other, good luck forming a large enough alliance within to take on the world.
But that's my pretty poorly informed 2c worth and could be well wrong.
But just don't buy into the fatalistic outlook of the current world climate.
Been like this in one way or another as long as i can remember.

oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci's picture
oliver.ricci Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:08pm

Did you forget about WWI&II or the previous large scale wars on planet earth in the past few thousand years? Or do you believe that this time will be different and we'll never see another one again, so we can safely stop funding a military and not worry too much about world events etc, just sit around smoking pot and putting flower beads in our hair?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 5 Jan 2024 at 4:24pm

Last two taken from this video