The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond started the topic in Sunday, 25 Jul 2021 at 1:26pm

Uni assignment i did a few years ago. This is my take on things. I'm sure this will ruffle many feathers. I hope so.
Love Blue Diamond x

The Necessity of Reparation for Historic Injustices

Introduction – Compensatory Justice
Disparities between the standards of living of humans on this planet have long been a part of our history on this planet. From the wealthy nations of the West to the developing and undeveloped nations on this globe, the diversity in the quality of life when viewed from a moral standpoint are without a doubt grossly unfair.
In this paper I will look at why historic injustices do require some form of reparation. I take a strong stance that we are more obliged to solve current injustices than to provide reparation for every act of injustice in the past. In doing this I will first investigate the historic injustice of the Aboriginal people of Australia and I will look at the argument that they are entitled to some form of reparation and why.
I will incoroporate some interesting views from Jeremy Waldron, Robert Nozick and others which will help me slowly build to my conclusion that reparation should be in the form of Non Indigenous Australians surrendering some of our priveleges as a form of reparation.

Historic Injustices to Indigenous Australians:
Australia the continent was well inhabited for many years long before white settlement. It is commonly known that in 1788 Australia was colonised as a country under the rule of the British Empire, with total contempt for the fact that it was already inhabited by a native indigenous race of people.
The way the original inhabitants have been treated, including forced assimilation, execution, stolen families and not even allowed to be recognised as citizens for a large part of white Australia’s history are also well known facts. (Poole, 1999,pp114-142)
There exists now a situation where there is a large divide between Aboriginal and non Aboriginal Australian’s that can be traced back to the moment Australia was invaded by English settlers and the brutal and unfair treatment that has followed.
So at this point now, in 2013 what is the just and fair way to make amends for past actions?
I would argue that a moderate to large amount of reparation is overdue for this nation of people, the Aboriginal people. But there are many challenges to this view point especially that of how much reparation, and what sort of compensation.

Past injustices or present suffering?
One of the questions raised in an issue like this is whether it is better to provide compensation or reparation for past deeds, which have already been done in a previous generation and cannot be changed, or whether it is better to now provide assistance to those who are suffering in their current situations and consider that as a form of moral duty.
To understand this we need to delve a little deeper into this issue and hear some differing viewpoints.
Firstly we need to understand what the best way to provide reparation. How do we judge what is the best way of giving back and how much? Jeremy Waldron states “The historic record has a fragility that consists, …in the sheer contingency of what happened in the past” (Waldron,1992,p5 )
This is saying that we can’t trace every single injustice back to the original act therefore reparation for every act would be almost impossible because it would ultimately be guess work.
In this statement he has an objection from Robert Nozick who believes it is in fact possible to address this problem by “changing the present so that it resembles how the past would have looked had the injustice not taken place” (McKenzie, 2013)
This would be a way to ultimately provide maximum reparation, but is it the correct approach? I believe this is a fairly radical approach, although it does have some merits in the fact it would be working in a positive way for indigenous people, I don’t think it is entirely the right way to deal with these issues but it is on the right track.
Waldron argues that it is based on too many unknowns. “The status of counterfactual reasoning about the exercising of human reasoning of human freedom is unclear”(Waldron 1993,p10)
Which leaves the question somewhat open about the sort of reparation that is required, but provides one clear answer to the key question. Both agree that yes, reparation to some extent is required. But how much and in what form?
Another philosopher who leans more towards Waldron’s views is Kymlicka. He is somewhat more straightforward in his assessment that property rights in particular for Aboriginals would create “massive unfairness” and also he maintains the argument “Aboriginal rights must be grounded in concerns about equality and contemporary disadvantage. (McKenzie, 2013) I agree with both these views but I don’t think they provide any active solutions.

The Solution?
So if its not handing back all of Australia’s land to the original inhabitants that is the most appropriate way to deal with past injustices, then what is?
I look at the current country I grew up in, as a white Australian. I ask myself why I never had Aboriginal friends growing up, no understanding of Aboriginal culture and why my basic understanding of Indigenous Australians is mostly 200 years old. I look at our flag, a symbol of a nation that stole a country from its original inhabitants, with no recognition of the Indigenous people at all on it. I see that Australia considered Indigenous people as less than people until only 40 years ago and I see the way that Indigenous Australians live a completely separate life to the way of life I know as an Australian. I see that the only indigenous politician I am aware of is a former Olympian and it is because of this fact of her sporting status that I know this. I see no collective power or representation of Indigenous Australians and I see non Indigenous Australians,( a culture built on a history of stealing a land and mistreating its people) still taking, taking as much out of this land as they can, with little to no regard of sharing or giving to the original inhabitants. I see a government that says lots of words about ‘closing the gap’ and bringing the living standards of non- indigenous and indigenous Australians closer together, but apart from nice words, there is no conviction, no follow through, just assimilation , and all that still remains are injustices.
As stated by Sparrow, “Continuity gives rise to responsibility on part of present generations of Australians for our history”.(McKenzie,2013). Although deeds happened in the past beyond our control, what we do now to either ignore, or rectify these issues will reflect on us in history. So if we choose to do nothing, we are contributing to the history of the mistreatment of non- indigenous Australians. And this is simply unacceptable in my opinion.

Conclusion
So what is fair? I believe that the way forward is a surrendering of some of our privileges as non- indigenous Australians. The simple fact is it was morally wrong without a doubt what has happened in the past. And it is also morally wrong without a doubt to ignore these facts and not offer some form of reparation in the present. But how much?
I think that going back to Robert Nozick’s argument is a start. I think Nozick is wrong to make the present resemble the past in every aspect. But I do think that it would be reasonable to restore some aspects of the way things should be. The things that happened in the past were out of our control and we can’t go back to changing the way things were. But we could change the way things are.
For some examples. Why not give at least 50% of political power to indigenous people? It surely would be a fair thing to do considering this is their country. Media control. 50 percent. Industry. Realestate. The list goes on. Why do we not acknowledge the indigenous people on our flag, or better still use their flag? Why is Australia still a part of the Commonwealth when it serves little purpose to any of us and serves as a constant reminder to Indigenous Australians that they are still controlled by the original invaders. These to me are fairly simple reparations that would have minimal impact on Australia as a whole. Perhaps, it would alter the way we live but I think it is our responsibility, morally to forfeit some of our privileges for the greater good. Basically a little bit goes a long way.
In closing, it is a fact that a huge injustice occurred to the Indigenous population and suffering continues to this day. There is no easy solution to such a burden of pain. I believe the only solutions are for the non- Indigenous population to take responsibility and sacrifice our own way of life to bring about an overall equality. Sacrifice is not an easy word. But it all comes down to right and wrong. We are in a position to give, in this current generation. What are we so scared to lose, that was never ours in the first place??

Bibliography
McKenzie,C.”Prof” (2013), Lecture, Historic Injustices and Indigenous Rights, Macquarie University
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

References
Poole, R. (1999). Nation and Identity.Routledge, London, pp.114-142
Waldron,J. (1992). ‘Superseding Historic Injustice’. Ethics, 103 (1), 4-28

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 4:50pm
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 5:03pm

Yes, some just have No idea

no-idea
image upload

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 5:11pm

I believe it’s the politicians who are “ always trying to divide the nation on race”. It’s clearly working.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 5:14pm

That divides always been there I reckon Michael Adam.
I just think this referendum brings it to the surface/spotlight.
Nothing new as far as a divide goes, hence the need for some drastic changes.
Fascinating watching peoples venom spew out as it gets closer though.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 5:40pm

Name a country that is less racist than Australia…….
Do you refer to the bullys spewing their venom at Indo?

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 5:55pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

@ sameaswas

Whats that guys name?...i read or watched a video on that too, guy died not long ago.

You get similar issues in Indonesia with kepala desa(village chiefs) its human nature when you have money and power involved people abuse it.

You can only imagine the voice will be made up with lots of these types of people, and then possibly be pushing issues or areas that they have been given kick backs too or that will benefit individual's, groups, organisations that are family or friends etc

Even the process of deciding who sits on the voice from all i can see won't be a proper democratic process overseen by an independent body like AEC.

hi indo, yunipingu, google garma 2023. don' let the orwellian 1984 crowd get to you, ha ha.
you are being persecuted for your individuality and independant thinking.
allso recomend google "noel pearson mick gooda".
n.p. and the voice made him an "unperson" because he changed his mind, he was one of the main architects of the voice and was derided on tv by n.p. "little micky gooda the bed wetter." view the video you'll know what i mean.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 6:01pm
Michael Adam wrote:

I believe it’s the politicians who are “ always trying to divide the nation on race”. It’s clearly working.

There was a time when immigration and aboriginal affairs enjoyed bipartisan support in Australia but then came along Howard and his political inspired cultural wars.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 6:00pm
Michael Adam wrote:

Huh? What a bizarre question.
Quantified how? I live in Australia. How can i know about other countries intricacies.
As for the second question im talking wider community and media.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 6:12pm
sameaswas wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@ sameaswas

Whats that guys name?...i read or watched a video on that too, guy died not long ago.

You get similar issues in Indonesia with kepala desa(village chiefs) its human nature when you have money and power involved people abuse it.

You can only imagine the voice will be made up with lots of these types of people, and then possibly be pushing issues or areas that they have been given kick backs too or that will benefit individual's, groups, organisations that are family or friends etc

Even the process of deciding who sits on the voice from all i can see won't be a proper democratic process overseen by an independent body like AEC.

hi indo, yunipingu, google garma 2023. don' let the orwellian 1984 crowd get to you, ha ha.
n.p. and the voice made him an "unperson" because he changed his mind, he was one of the main architects of the voice and was derided on tv by n.p. "little micky gooda the bed wetter." view the video you'll know what i mean.

@sameaswas I would be interested in reading the links if you could please provide them . A quick duckduckgo came up with this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-03/yunupingu-nt-aboriginal-land-righ...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 6:38pm

sameaswas said “ all of my statement is backed by factual exposes i recently read. “ …. Very interested to read the links if you could please share them .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:14pm
basesix wrote:

okey dokes, Indo : )
- no rage and abuse though, just tiredness and conversation, I reckon.

My kids and I have discussed how cool it will be when Aus is an egalitarian society Indo, my son thinks about 80 years, where race and skin-colour is no longer a main-stream issue, and that cultural-identity or religion becomes more distinctly a choice. A time when my kids' kids get to vote in a referendum, instigated by Indigenous Voice to parliament, who argue that their role has become redundant. And we all agree an Environmental Voice to parliament is now more appropriate. And we all thank the people of 2023 who started that ball rolling, by putting a Voice into the constitution that was a proxy Environmental Voice - FNP who were obliged to put environment high of the political agenda - and that also helped Australia to become a unified country through FNP respect. An Australia, that will by then have a shared FNP heritage that we will all embrace, respect and be proud of.

So sad that such ideas are seen as ideological, feel-good, pollyannaish, naïve, warm-and-fuzzy, virtue-signaling. Happy to cop that, raising kids in this world, they rarely get that stuff. I'd like them to grow up in an environment where the above adjectives aren't insults.

Your post is a complete contradiction you cant vote yes to divide people based on ethnicity, but then hope one day its not going to be an issue, your actions are ensuring there will always be a divide, and always be an us and them.

BTW. Us aint white either, US = the rest of Australia hundred of Aussies of all ethnic backgrounds and all shades of skin colour.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:18pm

ohhhhh mate. you are white.
and the newbies want to live your dream.
and I can do what I want buddy. just like you. glorious, ain't it?
I agree Michael Adam, @indo probably does have FNP envy.
Important work, you and sameas pointing out @indo is a persecuted minority.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:34pm
GuySmiley wrote:

You mention community @info. Please be reassured from what I hear from the many people I know that live and surf on the island, you are well known for your SN comments so I can equally assure you people aren’t laughing with you but rather at you.

Ha ha sure.

Nobody has ever said anything to me in a negative way, in conversation they might say hey your Indo dreaming on Swellnet yeah? and then generally just say how crazy this place is or laugh about me giving it to you guys.

Probably the time when Swellnet was talked about most in the carpark or water was during Covid and talk of people's views on it all and the Covid threads.

As you know my position on that was very centred, i didn't like the lock downs but abided, and got my shots, most peoples views that brought about swellnet and covid threads in my experience actually tended to be more anti lock down, anti vax, saying it was all an over reaction etc

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:29pm
basesix wrote:

Im not a fan of white skin, it sucks its piss weak burns way to easy.

Luckily i have a beautiful wife with brown skin and produced two kids with olive to light brown skin, who can go outside all day not wear any sunscreen and not even get burnt.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:45pm
Michael Adam wrote:

It's funny because western developed countries are pretty much the only countries in the world that actually open their arms to people from all around the world and allow people to come and make a life, yeah sure there are hurdles to jump, but we are still a very multicultural country as are other western countries USA, NZ, UK, European countries etc

While most countries around the world are the opposite they are not multicultural and very nationalistic often with little to almost no immigration, and even for expats its often hard to become a native of that country and in most case's even if they do they never will be truly accepted as being a true national.

My wife is a person of colour and been in Australia almost 20 years, the cases of racism she has experienced are super rare and the worst cases were easily in her first year or two when looking for work and other ethnic groups who ran business would only offer positions with dodgy under award pay positions, thinking an newly arrived Asian would be happy being well underpaid.

I do accept that racism isn't something that you can put a blanket statement on though i think attitudes vary greatly from city to regional areas and local factors come into play and people view different races differently due to stereotypes around them, although these stereotypes generally are there for a reason.

For example theres a reason why there is no stereotype of Indians being in gangs, or Chinese getting drunk on wine cask during the day in the park.

BTW., I will probably get criticized for posting four post in a row, even though ive ignored a whole heap of other post on the previous page aimed at me, its just how it is, i guess.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 7:56pm

https://m.

&pp=ygUXQWJvcmlnaW5hbCBnYW5nc3RlciByYXA%3D

Bud1's picture
Bud1's picture
Bud1 Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 8:27pm

Again, pertinant to the topic, the so significant topic, are the obvious effects on Indigenous Australians of stereotyping, racism, misogyny, human rights, and concepts of division, and right and wrong. And power and privilege. And blind spots. Closed minds.

Sameaswas and Adam, looking at these exact words, these thoughts and beliefs, not me saying things that weren’t said, not me putting words into the poster’s mouth, but exact quotes, and as far as the ‘milk coffee’ post, preceeded with context. i-d said them, and in fact doubled down on them, even saying that he still intended to carry out his ‘Dandenong experiment’.

'BTW. i saw a women at the market in Dandenong the other day with a burqua or maybe it was a Niqab it was kind of in-between couldn't see her face though, i was waiting for my missus so did a bit of people watching with her, to be honest she didn't look oppressed like the full black robe ones I've seen in Indonesia that look like servants of the men, actually looked the opposite in this case she had her little middle eastern guy following her around and from the body language she looked like she was wearing the pants so to speak.

It was quite crowded and was thinking maybe i will accidentally go bump into her and say sorry etc and see if she will interact with me and see the reaction of her husband, but by that time my missus had finished.'

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/307178?page=63

especially if i came up against challenges or disadvantages that true indigenous people face like being judged on their appearance and stereotypes‘

'I dont agree Floyd I'm sure there is many many many true indigenous people that feel as i do and think it's a joke that some white fella thinks he is indigenous because their great great grandmother was indigenous, id sure feel that way if i was a true indigenous person’

'I can't believe nobody came up with the old line.

"It doesn't matter how much milk you put in coffee it's still coffee"

Which well is not true at some point it just becomes coffee flavour milk.'

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/352734?page=1

You honestly want to present a case supporting and backing, justifying, ‘her little middle eastern guy following her around’, ‘her’ being his partner, ‘one of the ones’, ‘that looked like she was wearing the pants so to speak’.
A lady who because of her appearance, that i-d decided that he would do an experiment on.

People in privilege and power singling out Cultures and experimenting on them? Where has that been acceptable before?

Do you honestly think the guy would have been stoked, that i-d viewed him that way, and the lady as well? And that they would have been grateful that they were seen as mere subjects of his ‘experiment’, ‘ones’, that he had been secretly ‘watching’. Welcome to country, welcome to the Dandenong ‘dream’. Welcome to division free unity?

Lets hear it.

As for the milk coffee ‘jokes’. You want to support that too? As you so vigorously leap to support that line of thought. What did you think of the Billy Bain video? Is he just a joke to you too, like i-d views him?

Lets hear it.

Then of course some will argue that i-d wouldn’t have told them the truth of what he was actually thinking. He argued that himself. Unfortunately, as has been made crystal clear to Indigenous Australians, ‘truth’ isn’t a valued hallmark of our culture. To the contrary we support and value deception. Again the total opposite to Indigenous Australian Cultures. Truth, straight talking was integral to their Cultures and the one of a kind, longest ever success story. Imagine if they embraced our constantly demonstrated values.

‘Gidday, I’m x from y, and on my way to z, just passing through, is this the map and song to the next billabong?’

‘Mmmmmaaaayyytteee… this is your lucky day! You wouldn’t believe it, mmmmaaaayyyttee, I’ve just found a new, improved billabong, a billabong that has a secret elixer in it! And guess what! I’ve got a today only sale on it, that’s just about to end! Perfect timing mmmmmaaayyytee! Give me all ya tools and food, and I’ll give ya exclusive access to the bugger! Aye! Oooo shit, whose this coming, ya better make a decision, pronto, its limited bloody places, and the clock’s tickin’ mmmmmaaaayyyttee, I’d hate ta see ya miss out! Yyyyeeeesss there ya go, very fuckin’ astute an’ wise choice my friend, quick hi tail out there, an’ here’s a free grindstone for ya trouble, ya don’t wanna miss out, get a move on. I’ll take care of this lot comin’. That’s right just follow the song line and map, before long you and the family will be havin’ the time of ya lives.’

Archeologists find skeletal remains of extremely short lived culture all over country. ‘They were all in salt water swamps and bone dry deserts, and died of thirst. They all had drawings, that appeared to be maps. And pieces of chalk shaped like grindstones. One particularly obese family with tons of the drawings and tons of chalk, actually all died of obesity. The whole thing is a mystery.’

But no, thats not our culture, coz the ads are all true, they don’t even track yas, plus, our legal system see… ya can’t buy and sell that! And everyone trusts our leaders. And Gina! That’s why no one moans or complains about anything.

Yes looks better every day.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 9:24pm

I reckon Stu nailed it, spectrum disorder.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 9:36pm

"Nobody has ever said anything to me in a negative way"
Nah, they wait for you to leave then laugh.
"they might say hey your Indo dreaming on Swellnet yeah? and then generally just say how crazy this place is or laugh about me giving it to you guys."
File it under "things that never happened", second volume.
"It's funny because western developed countries are pretty much the only countries in the world that actually open their arms to people from all around the world and allow people to come and make a life, yeah sure there are hurdles to jump, but we are still a very multicultural country as are other western countries USA, NZ, UK, European countries etc"
Yeah, people like Pauline "over run by Asians" Hanson, John "we decide who comes here" Howard, Scott "I stopped the boats"Morrison, Peter "Biloela Family" Dutton, "Build that wall" Trump, etc, very welcoming. Have you seen the floating hulk for UK boat people? Very "welcoming and open armed", and all on the right side of politics too. Funny that. And from a white Australian that runs a business in a third world country populated by mostly muslims.
Indo-gaslighting
Indo-bullshitting
Indo-freeloading

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 9:48pm
sameaswas wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@ sameaswas

Argh yes that was him.

I think it was this Bolt sky news thing, better post it, i know there is lots of Bolt and sky news fans here, not so much of a Bolt fan myself, only came across it as saw it posted in social media.

&t=186s

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 10:03pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
sameaswas wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@ sameaswas

Argh yes that was him.

I think it was this Bolt sky news thing, better post it, i know there is lots of Bolt and sky news fans here, not so much of a Bolt fan myself, only came across it as saw it posted in social media.

&t=186s

Rewatching it, its pretty sad really so much money that could have done a lot of good if it was spread out a bit more evenly.

Four wife's would have had its perks, but also been a lot of hard work though..

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 10:02pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
basesix wrote:

Luckily i have a beautiful wife with brown skin and produced two kids with olive to light brown skin, who can go outside all day not wear any sunscreen and not even get burnt.

Will your childrens grandchildren be able to recognise their Indonesian heritage or will they be too watered down by then? What about Australian, or will they not be watered down enough. Poor little gaffers. Great grandad was a hard man. Pffffft.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 10:06pm

FMD
"I'm not a fan but here's his video"
Do you really have to post Andrew Bolt videos?
A fucken drunkard convicted racist. A Murdoch button pushing class warrior with about the same credibility as... well, you?
What is that? Balance?
And further to my post above, I watched your new favorite right wing basket case and US GOP candidate Ron DeSantis today talking about his plans to shoot immigrant asylum seekers at the border to deter them attempting to enter. He's another real "welcoming and open armed" dangerous right wing autocratic nuff nuff as well. I can see why you endorse him so thoroughly now.
You know I bet you were probably not a big fan of Hitler too, why don't you post up some of his speeches? You know, for "balance". Don't let these threads be an echo chamber, isn't that your mission?
Indo-dipshitting

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 19 Aug 2023 at 10:24pm

Try just look to the sky…
Fark sky news ;)

https://m.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 12:25am

Open Question...
Pause to consider swellnet Voice rants now number [71] Pages...sorry Boss!
Surely outside of chat room this amounts to 7.1m rants in Pubs, Clubs'n'Hubs.
Hermit tbb has hosted a few rants & seen others ranting for 3-5-10 mins.
Social Media would therefore be awash with 100,000's of super funny piss fart Voice rants!
So why do internet searches yield no Voice rants on social media or images or text...Zero?

Did China just block our internet?
tbb checked changes to Referendum Machinery Act > Nothing?
Mostly just observes current media laws...
Sure! One can read too much into it...but this is standard Media Law...that Voice simply refers to...
One can't...Incite, Encourage,Alarm,Mislead,Sensationalize,Vilify,Stereotype,Demean,Panic or Distress.
Nor contain...Substantial errors, be out of Context or Unjustified.

Mostly applies to production context & not live debate, News, Satire, comedy etc...
Meaning rants would be fine if represented true to form with (Warning or Bleeps)
Adding that any racism would rule out any News, Rant, Song or Vid...etc...
That still leaves a lot of Debate with either Zero uploads or being 100% censored.
tbb finds that difficult to believe or accept in true Ocker spirit...

The only reference to any working group is eSafety Commissioner Julie Inman Grant...
Now if any here don't know who Julie is...
Julie is the #1 World internet Cop that censors all www content.
She only needs to point to any Tech Giant & they quiver...check for yerself!
#1 Oz Woman of Power + Top 50 Leaders in the World (That's an understatement!)
Julie works with ALP Michelle Rowland on Reffo Censorship.
https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=159771
https://www.esafety.gov.au/about-us/who-we-are/about-the-commissioner

https://nit.com.au/30-03-2023/5433/cyber-safety

Linda Minister Indigenous / Michelle Minister Communications / Julie eSafety Commissioner
https://nacchocommunique.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Media-Release-Mi...
tbb thinks these 3 have powers that can flex Reffo Machinery Act to censor Voice content.
There is a Multi Cultural Member Vic ALP Lobbyist Carlo Carli
Pro Voice is the Aim or base point for Voice [factchecks]

Anyhow...now that tbb navigated to this point...yes! Of course...can share this reporting page.
Note that the Vids refer to light hearted jokes that affect people in many different ways.
This is very typical of eSafety Commissioner [ Strict Zero Tolerance ]
Not the best place to share Aussie Larrikin Humour...you'd last about 5 secs!

tbb thinks this is the base level that eSafety Commissioner tolerates for online Reffo larrikinism.
Exactly why tbb is sharing...so crew can see where this imaginary online censorship starts!
Mostly as few here will know anything about eSafety Commissioner www #1 censor.

So! You'll see Ultra Professional Indigenous + other Abuse web pages / Vids
Most hodads will think...this is another world...tbb did!
[Reporting line] Is next level > World leading Platform...(Acts as a World leading Trial site!)
Won't take long to see the serious nature of the site...this is full on!
https://www.esafety.gov.au/first-nations

Just saying that after visiting this site > No Social Media are likely to crack a Voice joke!
tbb feels guilty even asking if one could search for an Aussie Pub Voice Joke...Crikey!

Just sayin' tbb & crew salute & support swellnet for frontine freedom...ya know it don't come easy!

Bud1's picture
Bud1's picture
Bud1 Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 12:39am

‘Im not a fan of white skin, it sucks its piss weak burns way to easy.

Luckily i have a beautiful wife with brown skin and produced two kids with olive to light brown skin, who can go outside all day not wear any sunscreen and not even get burnt.‘

An endless barrage of i-d misinformation and stereotypes. Powerfully demonstrating that even though that particular stereotype was long ago proven to be false, and that even though the latest research and knowledge back the long ago known facts, it, that particular stereotype still persists. It affects peoples viewpoint if they don’t truly examine it, with an open mind. The hidden, prevailing power of stereotypes.

‘Can Black people get a sunburn? The short and long answer—yes. Yup, it's true that Black and dark-skinned people are less sensitive to the sun, but that doesn't mean that you can't get a sunburn, skin damage, hyperpigmentation, or even skin cancer.‘

‘In short, yes. Camp explains, "Anyone with skin can get a sunburn and consequently skin cancer.’

https://www.byrdie.com/do-black-people-get-sunburned-5071808

My wife, born close to the equator, coming from parents whose families have a long history of being from that region, actually goes jet black when she’s used to being in the sun. And she can be almost white, in fact lighter than me when she’s not exposed to much sunlight, and I am. If then, she suddenly just spends all day in the sun, she gets really painfully burnt, blisters and peels, even though she can handle it for longer than me. Even now, that she has grown used to the sun again, and her friends and family consider and describe her as dark black, she got badly burnt, by suddenly surfing for hours in the blazing sun, and glare of a dead glass ocean in the middle of the day. She was in pain and boiling hot for days. And peeled. So she hid from the sun, and like all the villagers do, especially the fisherman and rice growers, if the sun is too strong, she wrapped herself in long pants, shirts and sarongs. Literally from head to toe to protect herself. Despite being boiling hot, because she is still used to the climate of Southern Australia. It would be worse for me, but she still burns.

That comprehensively refuted, ‘they’ don’t burn, is a classic stereotype. Pertinant to the topic, as incorrect, false stereotypes that have been applied to Indigenous Australians, often with extremely negative effects ever since ‘colonisation’, as demonstrated have the ability to persist, even though they have been comprehensively disproven.

‘‘They’ have thicker skin than us so don’t feel pain like us’. ‘’They’ can find water and food anywhere, even in barren deserts.’ ‘‘They’ beat and rape the ‘gins’, think like animals, and couldn’t care less about the kids, so they are better off with ‘us’… in fact the ‘gins’ want to be with ‘us’ to get away from their crap culture’ (a stereotype, a theme that i-d has also expressed many times on this website). The underlying inference, the theme boils down to ‘them’, and ‘us’. Beyond behavioural, and cultural traits. Aimed at their humaness. The stereotypes that ‘us’ intentionally or unconsciously apply to ‘them’. A technique consciously, and unconsciously used to dehumanise ‘them’. And to justify ‘us’, and to legitimise and explain away colonialism.

‘gin Offensive term for an Aboriginal woman. It is derived from the Dharuk word diyin, meaning woman, or wife, but it has come to be used as a highly derogatory term, often in connection with sexual exploitation of Aboriginal women by whites.

Now when I get back here I’ll get some blacks, must have a gin at least.’

https://www.nosunlightsinging.com/glossary.html#:~:text=gin%20Offensive%....

https://theconversation.com/black-velvet-redefining-and-celebrating-indi...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 5:07am

@indo , I have read in some of your posts on various topics that your news source is the abc and even though you believe them to be bias it’s still your preferred source , you have said this on more than 1 occasion . When it comes to the voice however , your news source is clearly from what you have posted time and time again, sky news . I’m not surprised credlin and bolt are now your preferred news source when it comes to the voice and that you actually believe what they report is gospel . I can’t think of a bigger racist on the box than bolt and credlin is just plain evil vomit .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 6:18am

I got curious about bolts expert and duckduckgo his name “ Keith Windschuttle “ @sameaswas , I would still like to read your links if you have the time to post them . https://www.utas.edu.au/library/companion_to_tasmanian_history/F/Fabrica.... https://www.theage.com.au/opinion/the-trouble-with-keith-windschuttle-20... https://www.theage.com.au/national/so-whos-fabricating-the-history-of-ab...

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 6:17am
Supafreak wrote:

I got curious on bolts expert and duckduckgo his name “ Keith Windschuttle “ @sameaswas , I would still like to read your links if you have the time to post them . https://www.utas.edu.au/library/companion_to_tasmanian_history/F/Fabrica.... https://www.theage.com.au/opinion/the-trouble-with-keith-windschuttle-20...

gotta brush up on my it skills, check out indos recent vids...yunipingu, mick gooda, the truth is out there if you want to make an effort. no offence meant
surfs up!! catch youse later

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 6:23am
sameaswas wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

I got curious on bolts expert and duckduckgo his name “ Keith Windschuttle “ @sameaswas , I would still like to read your links if you have the time to post them . https://www.utas.edu.au/library/companion_to_tasmanian_history/F/Fabrica.... https://www.theage.com.au/opinion/the-trouble-with-keith-windschuttle-20...

gotta brush up on my it skills, check out indos recent vids...yunipingu, mick gooda, the truth is out there if you want to make an effort. no offence meant
surfs up!! catch youse later

Oh ok so sky news is also your source ? I thought you had read some factual information. “ all of my statement is backed by factual exposes i recently read. “ Enjoy your surf .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 8:00am
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , I have read in some of your posts on various topics that your news source is the abc and even though you believe them to be bias it’s still your preferred source , you have said this on more than 1 occasion . When it comes to the voice however , your news source is clearly from what you have posted time and time again, sky news . I’m not surprised credlin and bolt are now your preferred news source when it comes to the voice and that you actually believe what they report is gospel . I can’t think of a bigger racist on the box than bolt and credlin is just plain evil vomit .

I listen to ABC radio a lot when working, cause its ad free and you get news and politics discussions, and if i post a link here much of the time i will try to use ABC, just because its saves having to deal with some anti Murdoch derailment.

I still listen to ABC stuff on the voice , even the odd left wing podcast like 7am, i think its important to know what your opposition think and why and how they can think the way they do.

If a topic interest me i will then seek out alternative views, in exactly the same way you did during Covid, i even recall you at least once posting a Sky News video to support your views.

There is bias in all media the only difference is how much and how clever they are in hiding it, ABC for instance are clever a lot of the time they won't lie as such but just leave out key aspects or even focus on one aspect while burying the other aspect vaguely in the article (The guardian are also great at this)

Obviously Sky New dont give a shit and just tell it how threy see it and don't try to hide their bias, like anything there is people i like others im not keen on, Bolt im not such a huge fan of just comes across a bit grating, and that guy with curly hair, Credlin is okay but i prefer the lesser known presenters.

I think its pretty hard to deny this indigenous leader wasn't the saint many make out and screwed people over while getting very rich, nothing usual here you see the same shit in Indonesia or PNG etc.

BTW. Ive been binging on Sky News of late, but i honestly came across this Bolt video via a comment on social media.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 8:19am
soggydog wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
basesix wrote:

Will your childrens grandchildren be able to recognise their Indonesian heritage or will they be too watered down by then? What about Australian, or will they not be watered down enough. Poor little gaffers. Great grandad was a hard man. Pffffft.

Anyone can recognise they have heritage, but lets be more blunt would they be seen as being Indonesian?

Depends if they have children with an Indonesian or other.

If they had children with an Indonesian, 100% they would be viewed as Indonesians by other Indonesians, most likely with slightly lighter skin and slight western features, bone structure, which would see them being viewed as very attractive in Indonesia which can lead to doors being opened in areas like TV, music, movies etc or even general life.

If they had children with a westerner/white person.

Indonesians would view them as bule, (westerners /white people) the idea of them being Indonesian wouldn't even be possible in Indonesia, to suggest anything but would put confusion on faces and lead to laughter.

In your words yes they would be "too watered down by then"

Does that mean they couldn't embrace or practice aspects of Indonesian cultural/heritage of course not, even as a bule i can do that, doesn't make me Indonesian though and wouldn't make them Indonesian either.

In regard to the Australian aspect, anyone can be Australian, ethnic background or skin colour is irrelevant.

In regard to my own kids that are 50% Indonesian, 50% non Indonesian, even in Indonesia they are more likely to be seen as bule, although if they had been born there and totally fluent in bahasa indonesia they would be accepted as Indonesian, but they also always would be seen as different be it even if in a positive way,

Basically the fuzzy line is already there next generation that fuzzy line disappears.

I think you have to understand that this whole self identity thing is a very western concept and a very new one, i think its fair to say most ethnic groups around the world would view things in the same way Indonesians do. (dare i say logically)

The west though is undoubtedly in a very strange place currently, i mean even five years ago none of us would have thought people would be claiming men can have babies, now you can even be labeled negative names suggesting this cant happen.

PS. Good morning Goofy if ya reading :P

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 8:14am

@indo , yes I have posted sky news before , it was a interview with Professor Borody and no other news sources were interviewing him . Do you have some ( any ) evidence to back up Keith Windschuttle’s claims ? Or is his and bolts word good enough for you ? Its why I’m asking sameaswas for a link which he maybe doesn’t know how to copy and paste, something that was also new to me pre covid . Even a name of author or article headline would do . I can then duckduckgo it .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 8:33am

Seems we have exactly the same situation here that you had when you shared your video with Professor Borody, no other news sources are interviewing Keith Windschuttle’s.

I guess its all been a bit soon after that other fellas death.

Yes 100% it would be interesting to hear from the clans that got screwed over or another article etc, but id be very surprised if what he is saying is not true, and im sure you can find much of the evidence he talks about court cases etc if you do the digging.

You would know this sort of stuff happens in Indonesia too, money and power, anyway im not overly interested in this rather than as the passing video/topic in the thread, not much more to say on it really.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 8:37am

@indo when I duckduckgo the name yunupingu , many articles from various news sources come up but none have the claims Windshuttle is making except for one . Quadrant has articles supporting Windshuttle but the author of these articles is Windshuttle . It must be some type of conspiracy if SMH and the guardian and ABC etc etc are ignoring these claims .

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 10:20am
indo-dreaming wrote:
soggydog wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
basesix wrote:

Anyone can recognise they have heritage, but lets be more blunt would they be seen as being Indonesian?

Depends if they have children with an Indonesian or other.

If they had children with an Indonesian, 100% they would be viewed as Indonesians by other Indonesians, most likely with slightly lighter skin and slight western features, bone structure, which would see them being viewed as very attractive in Indonesia which can lead to doors being opened in areas like TV, music, movies etc or even general life.

If they had children with a westerner/white person.

Indonesians would view them as bule, (westerners /white people) the idea of them being Indonesian wouldn't even be possible in Indonesia, to suggest anything but would put confusion on faces and lead to laughter.

In your words yes they would be "too watered down by then"

Does that mean they couldn't embrace or practice aspects of Indonesian cultural/heritage of course not, even as a bule i can do that, doesn't make me Indonesian though and wouldn't make them Indonesian either.

In regard to the Australian aspect, anyone can be Australian, ethnic background or skin colour is irrelevant.

In regard to my own kids that are 50% Indonesian, 50% non Indonesian, even in Indonesia they are more likely to be seen as bule, although if they had been born there and totally fluent in bahasa indonesia they would be accepted as Indonesian, but they also always would be seen as different be it even if in a positive way,

Basically the fuzzy line is already there next generation that fuzzy line disappears.

I think you have to understand that this whole self identity thing is a very western concept and a very new one, i think its fair to say most ethnic groups around the world would view things in the same way Indonesians do. (dare i say logically)

The west though is undoubtedly in a very strange place currently, i mean even five years ago none of us would have thought people would be claiming men can have babies, now you can even be labeled negative names suggesting this cant happen.

PS. Good morning Goofy if ya reading :P

Is it exhausting running around this thread stamping out all the grassfires that you’ve lit. Most of us on here are pretty aware of your position. I’ve learnt long ago that Indo is not for turning. The very thought of a different more compassionate view is abhorrent and needs continued resistance.

You should take up running, your determination and stamina would get you a marathon no worries. The endorphin hit would elevate you. And you probably would worry less about what’s happening on the internet.

A public health message. Eat your veggies.

Most I’ve my posts these days are just to trigger some thought. I’m uneducated and under researched 100% of the time myself.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 10:25am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 10:54am

@ Soggy

Why did you ask me a question if you didnt want an answer?

You asked me a question i answered it clearly and honestly, i dont even think Supa (who i believe also has mixed race Indo/bule kids would disagree that this is the Indonesian view) its just how it is and its a view i share.

Like i said this idea of self identification is a new western concept, i personally dont hold it or give it any value to me its a completely illogical view, i see things the same way Indonesians and most ethnic groups would.

BTW. I did notice i actually read your question wrong, you said my children's grand children, assuming there was no more coupling up with Indonesians then there would be no fuzzy line they would be 100% bule.

I actually have a friend whom ive known and worked with for about 15 years, whom i only learnt fairly recently his mother is 50% Indonesian & 50% Dutch, ive met her many times and at the time I didnt even click she was half Indonesian, although now i know i can see it, anyway i guess that makes him 25% Indonesian.

But he would never dream on calling himself Indonesian and you would never ever guess he had any Indonesian blood, i think he would feel embarrassed to think like that.

I love and eat lots of veggie's & fruit too? I also love meat, and i also love products popular with vegans, i drink soya milk, eat tempe and tofu regularly (its actually nice when done right), not sure what this veggie thing has to do with anything though. ?

Anyway got to go get some shit done.

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 1:25pm

because someone posts skynews clips by andrew bolt et all does'nt mean i, we like him or the rest of em.
i used to detest him and peta but after awhile he gained my respect for his calling out of hypocracy etc, another point of view.

"i may not agree with what you say but i will fight to my last breath to defend your right to say it"...anyone know who's quote that was?...anon?

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 1:43pm

hey crew what are your thoughts on the 200,000+ volunteer door knockers comeing our way?

heres mine...despicable. this is an invasion of privacy, it is a deliberate crude propaganda stunt by yes23(?) knowing full well there will be aggro that they will use to villify the no's out there.

these young(?) naive idealistic compasionate volounteers are being used as pawns in a political stunt.

i hope the aec stop it or albo does.

if they knock on my door i will politely lie to them and excuse myself cos i have something in the oven, please please don't be rude to these well meaning ppl.

anyhoo wave of the day tday...whoopee! only 3' though...sigh.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 1:51pm

Qldurrz look set to Vote [NO] in the Voice.
Are Qldurrz racist or just silent champions for reconciliation!
Rarely do Qldurrz speak as to why...they instinctively know why!

tbb will share deep insight into Qldurr'z ingrained hard skinned character.
Kinda like the flip side to tbb's earlier accounts of pissed rant dances.

Many "White Qld kids" of tbb's era will have been assaulted by an Aboriginal Mob!
In our family's case...all 3 brothers were assaulted as kids often before adulthood.
Not talking 'bout simple assault...you'd wish...but Mob Attacks.
Pack Sexual assault / Pack Weaponized attacks / Being Mobbed at night (A Jumping).
Also king hits by random aboriginals...while simply goin' about yer way.
Thru teenage years into adult years Mob Car damage & theft ...several times over.

tbb and all learn quick where not to go & which beaches / rivers you'll fall victim.

As for tbb's brothers...
One's a top Nth Qld Cop...tbb and all swear he's the most nicest, cool headed gentleman.
Yet he's been constantly assaulted by Mob for decades just for keeping the peace.
Older bro' gets constantly assaulted for decades by Mob...simply for working the doors.

Just saying tbb only knows of blokes that were constant victims of Aboriginal Mob.
Doubt if tbb ever once met a Qldurr that wasn't?

tbb lived thru several Mob physical assaults in younger years...
Plus yer average punches to the head & robbings at least 3 cars stolen / smashed...
Even endured daily ritualistic mob spearing on a town's local train xing...
Used to duck while hittin' the dusty corner with one eye on train the other on flying spears.
Ask! Would you stop for the train! Doubt it!
Got pretty good at fish-tailin' a dusty Rail Xing cnr.
The spears were weathered 5ft long pointed Fence palings...

In same town was jumped...kicked & robbed at night...
Often had a dozen Mob all over my car bonnet & roof...blocking my way.
Why?
Can only recall talking & smiling with a barmaid who talked & smiled equally with all patrons.
Never, not once asked for trouble nor knew why tbb was the victim.
Only crime in all these years was to smile & befriend Mob right up to now...still say Hi!

In case ya think tbb is playing the victim to excuse Qldurr racism...far from it.
We often read of alarming Aboriginal Crime Stats...that be a tiny fraction of the total.
Qldurrz are well aware & choose not to inflame the situation...we keep Mob outta jail...Huh!
Qld Assault Claims > Report Hoons...Yes > Footy Boofs...? > Aboriginal Mob...Never!
Qldurrz would press charges against Yuppie Hoons first & First Nation last...
Swear this is correct...hardly ever know any of ever reporting a Mob after being done over!
But if First Nation wish to act as Yuppie Hoons...then we can't save them from posh white crime.

Qldurrz don't buy into racism tag & refuse rewarding exemption for Mob's Yuppie Gangta Rap!
Qldurrz are obliged to report Car Theft...the line in the sand that The Mob cross all too often.
So! As above...Yes! tbb reports each car theft & when car is found > Mob are linked! That's how!
Sure... less Mob pop spread wider need wheels & use roads more than locals...know that much!

Know equal Heritage of Local Mob including events / Canoe designs / Lifestyle
Also link 100's km of Aboriginal Sea Change Stories
Authored several First Nation Studies into First Contact & Seafaring Rescues.

However if tbb was to share Aboriginal Heritage, Place Names with bros or others...no way!
In fact most old school Qldurrz would shut tbb down & question tbb's alliance!
They'll even motion to remove Aboriginal Voodoo artifacts & replace with Anglo dross.
Yes! They'll actually make it a mission to rid tbb's depraved thoughts with tired age old lies.

Exactly...no bridging of Gaps just the Us (vs) Them.
This boycott of Oz coming together extends to Sisters / Wives / Mums...

Extends to Royal Qld historians preferring Empire Power (vs) Aboriginals preferring Victims
Us (vs) Them Library in all schools.

tbb's Floral Emblematic Bound Presentation...they liked the artistry but not the record of events.
Qld's origin of Aboriginal Women & Children providing convict refugees Fire / Huts for days.
This was met with stoney faced Silence...and afforded no reference number.

Suits the warring factions to abide by much later contrived Empire's blood'n'guts skirmish.
They even recreate this falsehood with Pomp & Circumstance to drum into the kiddies.
Qld Empire has enshrined division into our history...we're all living a lie!

Impossible for The Voice to reconcile Qld History if top down & grass roots despise peace.
We are all victims of our own making! Each person can restore harmony...tbb knows that much!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 1:44pm

@sameaswas , is Keith Windschuttle your source of information regarding yunupingu ? He has a long list of articles on quadrant when it comes to FNP and has written some books . He also along with bolt was in George Pells camp . Do you believe his articles and books are factual and accurate ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 2:52pm

@TBB , growing up in the suburbs of Adelaide in the 60s and I witnessed and copped a few floggings myself but not at the hands of FNP . A wide variety of gangs roamed the suburbs in search of trouble . The city of churches had plenty of sex drugs and rock n roll along with violent criminal gangs .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 20 Aug 2023 at 4:49pm

Fair Point Supafreak tbb must admit to equally violent gang encounters...
Many of them involved equal sized or larger mobs chasing tbb and also with fence palings.

Even got jumped on a basketball court & copped a kickin' by a dozen bogan Tamworth jocks.
Rocked up at the Pool the next day with the same Jocks Patrolling & blocking the ladder exits...
Yep, they tried but tbb moved better in open expanse of water...too easy!

Boofs / Thugs / Skins / Surfers / Hippies / Bikers even ex Commandos all having a crack & with knives.
tbb never hit any of them...smart enough to hold ground & fend them off.
The knives are heavy shit...had 'em pressed against chest / ribs / throat by known evil doers.
Ya just freeze but hold yer cool until they back down...even more of that now than ever!

Ok! Sounds horrific...was tbb just unlucky or very lucky...
tbb would like to share it's better in same town for today's youth...but then ya check the news!
Also well aware it's no different today...just as risky & frightful for innocent young men / gangs.

Innocent Young bloke here the other day just sittin' in the Pub...stabbed & dead in 90 secs...{r.i.p}
Check it ...these 3 Innocent Youth stabbings in tbb's local town in last week...shocking & Horrific!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12401737/Gold-Coast-alleged-hom...
https://www.9news.com.au/national/murder-investigation-launched-after-go...
https://7news.com.au/video/news/qld/gold-coast-police-are-searching-for-...

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 12:36am

Articles from 4 years ago but relevant to this thread.
This is a small part of how i imagine aspects of a change in perspective could come about by allowing indigenous Australians to take back some of their power and control of their country.
So many new doors could be opened that have been right in front of us.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-01/every-aussie-should-adopt-a-totem...

Bud1's picture
Bud1's picture
Bud1 Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 2:04am

Yeh good stuff SR, and not hard to do. Imagine kids growing up, learning about their identity like that, feeling important, feeling purpose and belonging. All the different stages and rights of passage. The lack of all that is the crux of TBB’s posts. Our big deal is schoolies week. Encouraged to totally trash yourself and everything in your vicinity.

‘Eees a farkin’ good young farkin’ bloke aye… like ‘is farkin’ ‘ol farkin… look out son get the farkin’ bucket, where is the farkin’ thing!’

‘Young farkin’ Wendy’s gort it aye!’

‘She’ll be right, yas a just gorta learn ta get a lil’ bit farkin blotto in farkin’ moderfarkinration aye… like mum and dad done… oye ang’ orn, ooo florged me farkin’ gudangs! An’ me johny farkin… where da they learn this farkin’ shit!!!’

Of course, it could be cultchad. Fine reds an shit.

‘Its not that we need it kids…’

‘Why donchas drink no alcohol then?’

‘Wot!!! The fuckin’ kid don’t even know how ta have a farkin’… ees turnin’ inta one of them farkin’ wokestas!!!’

‘Fark the cuntry!’

‘Wear da they farkin’ lurn this farkiin’ farkin’ teachas… slack farkin’!!!’

‘Maybe they sore the cultchad swillnut what’s ya fave this week fread?’

It can’t really hurt can it.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 9:30am

Sameaswas ""i may not agree with what you say but i will fight to my last breath to defend your right to say it"...anyone know who's quote that was?...anon?"
The quote is "from" Voltaire, it reads " “I wholly disagree with what you say and will contend to the death for your right to say it.”
Voltaire was the pen name of François-Marie Arouet, a French philosopher and author who died in 1778, who was a famous critic of slavery and the Catholic Church.
Except he didn't actually say it, it was attributed to him by a biographer, Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in 1906 in a book called "Friends of Voltaire" where she was interpreting his state of mind when he was criticising another book, but she included the saying in quotation marks which has led to confusion as to who actually said it. In fact no one did.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 9:42am

haha. Spot on Bud1
No surprises the yobbo culture closely mimics English culture.
Write yourself off. Oi Oi Oi!
Just another gift of colonisation.
But yeah, imagine reversing it ...at least to some extent.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 2:07pm

Who would have thunked Mundine was chair of the board over at CPAC.

Check the link to see a who’s who of Australian and Yankee grifters

https://www.cpac.network/speakers-2023

sameaswas's picture
sameaswas's picture
sameaswas Monday, 21 Aug 2023 at 2:09pm
adam12 wrote:

Sameaswas ""i may not agree with what you say but i will fight to my last breath to defend your right to say it"...anyone know who's quote that was?...anon?"
The quote is "from" Voltaire, it reads " “I wholly disagree with what you say and will contend to the death for your right to say it.”
Voltaire was the pen name of François-Marie Arouet, a French philosopher and author who died in 1778, who was a famous critic of slavery and the Catholic Church.
Except he didn't actually say it, it was attributed to him by a biographer, Evelyn Beatrice Hall, in 1906 in a book called "Friends of Voltaire" where she was interpreting his state of mind when he was criticising another book, but she included the saying in quotation marks which has led to confusion as to who actually said it. In fact no one did.

cheers adam, was it voltaire who said " once the ppl lose faith in it's institutions society collapses" or somethin like that? which is kind of where we are heading with scomo, kpmg etc, robodebt and toothless anti corruption bodies and royal commisions, child protection agencies the list goes on and on.