Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:16pm
Hiccups wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

If id known the internet was going to happen and i might need written language maybe i would have paid attention, but at the time i was like i dont need this shit.

This is amazing.

Guy should try stand-up. He’s hilarious

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:16pm

So your argument is based on your own biased supposition, that he's gonna do what your paranoid little world view suggests to you.
Seeing as though you appointed yourself moderator of this site, even giving scores for posts FFS, I might bail from this conversation with a lunatic before you give me the shits or start scoring my posts. "Ghosts" is on in a minute and I like that show.
We can do this some other time.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:26pm

Yeah, for sure bloke. It’s my “paranoid little world view” which is responsible for selling everything in Victoria which wasn’t nailed down hey. Certainly not Dan Andrews!

Cough land titles registry cough

Cough motor registry cough

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/07/liar-victorian-government-priva...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:45pm

I don't know that he followed through with the land titles? Anyone know?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 7:13am
velocityjohnno wrote:

I don't know that he followed through with the land titles? Anyone know?

"The Victorian Government has privatised the Land Titles and Registry office, reaping an extra $2.86 billion for the state and giving both political parties more cash to make promises with in the lead-up to the November election."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-27/victoria-privatises-its-land-titl...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 4:44pm

Ah bugger. Did they then digitise the lot, or have they kept it sane?

Also, did DSDS get a ban?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 4:59pm

No idea,

BTW. Im generally for privatisation especially where companies can compete and provide the public a variety of varied services or price structures for example phone companies or electricity companies or provide an additional option to the public system like private hospitals or private schools (even though im not a fan of private schools myself)

But to me privatising this kind of thing is just weird, only one company can provide the service and it's fully linked in with the government.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Ah bugger. Did they then digitise the lot, or have they kept it sane?

Also, did DSDS get a ban?

Looks to be digital VJ.
Re your other question, looks like it.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 2 Nov 2022 at 6:58pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Nov 2022 at 3:59pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 3 Nov 2022 at 4:54pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 3 Nov 2022 at 8:51pm

Qantas
The Shonky Award for... being the Spirit of Disappointmenthttps://www.choice.com.au/shonky-awards/hall-of-shame/shonkys-2022/qantas

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Friday, 4 Nov 2022 at 6:44pm

I'd give one to Sydney Airport too. International transfers have to go through a security screening, and there are only 2 (TWO!) X-Rray machines to service the whole place. Massive queues, delayed flights, frustrated travellers.
Bloody amateurs.
Oh, and they managed to not load my board bag (which was checked through to NZ for the third time in a row.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 4 Nov 2022 at 9:34pm
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 4 Nov 2022 at 9:58pm
Island Bay wrote:
I'd give one to Sydney Airport too. International transfers have to go through a security screening, and there are only 2 (TWO!) X-Rray machines to service the whole place. Massive queues, delayed flights, frustrated travellers.
Bloody amateurs.

Island Bay. I hear you brother. Just came through Sydney this morning and also ten days ago. Both Melbourne and Sydney Airports are a national embarrassment, totally fucked up and lack any system of order. Converse to those two, Jakarta Airport is an exemplar of how to build a fluent airport, well signed, helpful staff and just an amazing building to boot. FAC can go take a look and take a lot of notes.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 5 Nov 2022 at 4:02am

Yep, I was impressed with Jakarta last time I went through there.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Saturday, 5 Nov 2022 at 2:47pm

And just a further whinge (sorry): Sydney Airport failed to load my boards yesterday, incl my beloved 6'10 DS, and to add insult to injury AirNZ baggage services put the wrong tag nr in the report we filed at the airport.

So now my boards are somewhere, but can't be tracked. And AirNZ baggage services have a massive phone queue - over an hour so far.

I find it infuriating to not be able to get hold of anybody. Brave new world of deferred responsibility.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Saturday, 5 Nov 2022 at 3:02pm

All Australian airports need to be in a museum - ‘how did we do airport travel 50 years ago’

Low ceilings in Melbourne top the list for me. I get claustrophobic.

Singapore Changi was always 50 years ahead. Not to mention places like Doha. Flew through Doha few times and it’s super impressive. The magnitude is just on another level, playgrounds for kids, shopping, everything is just 2-3 levels above anything in Australia. Last time on my way to Europe I landed around 6am. I had to catch another flight around 9am and the morning rush was insane. Literally, thousands of people were moving in waves and there were dozens of flights across every single possible destination on the planet. But everything still worked seamlessly, I didn’t see anyone panicking or having any issues. No big lineups, nothing. I was amazed.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 6 Nov 2022 at 5:54pm

https://m.

Good ol shitfuckery....

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 6 Nov 2022 at 6:39pm

Yeew, how good is a political duopoly?!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 6 Nov 2022 at 7:52pm
AndyM wrote:

Yeew, how good is a political duopoly?!

Cool n normal....

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 10 Nov 2022 at 11:55am

News Awards: Lachlan Murdoch presents trophies to Herald Sun & Australian journalists News Corp chief executive Robert Thomson also addressed the winners by video praising the editorial teams for their high standard of journalism. https://www.mediaweek.com.au/news-awards-lachlan-murdoch-presents-trophi...

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 11 Nov 2022 at 3:46pm
Supafreak wrote:

News Awards: Lachlan Murdoch presents trophies to Herald Sun & Australian journalists News Corp chief executive Robert Thomson also addressed the winners by video praising the editorial teams for their high standard of journalism. https://www.mediaweek.com.au/news-awards-lachlan-murdoch-presents-trophi...

Supafreak. Simply, urine flowing out of one pocket into another and another and another. The ‘beat goes on’.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 14 Nov 2022 at 2:10pm
gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 15 Nov 2022 at 9:19pm

Seeing some good stuff by the Labor party (and Biden) at the G20 wrt China. Hopefully it's a new beginning to a more constructive and positive relationship.

Even China's state-owned media Global Times is flirting with having something positive to say. That's nearly unprecedented.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 16 Nov 2022 at 10:53am

Yep, nice to see some talking, without all the chat of inevitable war...

whoops, russia just bombed poland

(or someone did....)

russian minister packs up toys and leaves g20 early (before the bombing)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022 at 3:05pm

A magnitude-7.0 earthquake, with a depth of 10 kilometres, has struck Malango in the Solomon islands, the United States Geological Survey said. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-22/tsunami-warning-issued-as-earthqu... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-21/deadly-earthquake-hits-indonesia/... Indonesian earthquake death toll climbs, governor says victims mostly children, as search for survivors underway

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022 at 7:27pm

I find it hard to believe that some cops are so useless at performing their duties, fark me the dudes 80 years old.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022 at 10:54pm

Follow up maybe?
https://apple.news/AjQMIyvzMSXeGH_kpgDwEvw
They “discontinued” after they slammed a non violent 80 year onto the ground to hand cuff him. Pathetic! You could hear their worry for themselves, once they realised they’d screwed up, with their nice words and tone after he was handcuffed with a facial injury.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022 at 10:25am

I‘m not condoning what the cops did, but don't you think for a minute he brought a tiny little bit of this upon himself?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022 at 10:37am
zenagain wrote:

I‘m not condoning what the cops did, but don't you think for a minute he brought a tiny little bit of this upon himself?

My main beef is how the two thugs handled the situation, sure they asked him to move on and he could’ve simply done that . Is this the way police are trained to deal with the frail elderly that won’t do as they are told ? You can win people over by the way you approach them and the manner you speak with them, having a sense of humour and joking with them usually works to getting a better dialogue happening. This old fella is well known and harmless.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022 at 3:06pm

There would be plenty of people with an axe to grind over some of friendly jordies topics , he’s playing with fire for exposing some of these crooks . https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-23/police-investigate-friendlyjordie...

DAW's picture
DAW's picture
DAW Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022 at 4:13pm

Would you expect anything less from the N.S.W police,theirs is the most corrupt organisation in Australia ,by far!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 7:07am

Friendly Jordies giving it to the press.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 8:01am
Supafreak wrote:

Though it comes at some cost, that street-side presser would've been satisfying.

Reckon this story has the potential to evolve into something extraordinary. For all his personality failings - fuck he can be annoying on camera sometimes* - his work has been among the most important political journalism of the last few years. That it's largely been ignored by the MSM, even when he's handed them leads on a platter, is another unsavoury aspect of the whole carry on.

It doesn't take much to read between the lines: Who's being protected here and why?

If there's CCTV or other clues leading towards someone FJ has investigated then this could blow up in any number of ways. For one, MSM will be pretty much forced to follow the story, perhaps even asking what the motivation was, potentially bringing old news, ignored by the MSM, back into the spotlight, and two, it'll increase FJ's infamy and profile. Daring to go where other journalists wouldn't, he was martyred for the cause. After that, the only way is up.

*His view counts show he has a large and loyal following who don't mind his smarmy schtick. Maybe it's just me.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 9:57am
stunet wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Though it comes at some cost, that street-side presser would've been satisfying.

Reckon this story has the potential to evolve into something extraordinary. For all his personality failings - fuck he can be annoying on camera sometimes* - his work has been among the most important political journalism of the last few years. That it's largely been ignored by the MSM, even when he's handed them leads on a platter, is another unsavoury aspect of the whole carry on.

It doesn't take much to read between the lines: Who's being protected here and why?

If there's CCTV or other clues leading towards someone FJ has investigated then this could blow up in any number of ways. For one, MSM will be pretty much forced to follow the story, perhaps even asking what the motivation was, potentially bringing old news, ignored by the MSM, back into the spotlight, and two, it'll increase FJ's infamy and profile. Daring to go where other journalists wouldn't, he was martyred for the cause. After that, the only way is up.

*His view counts show he has a large and loyal following who don't mind his smarmy schtick. Maybe it's just me.

I find him at times extremely annoying and wish he’d tone his behaviour down a bit . Having said that he’s done some really good stories that if didn’t have some element of truth then he would’ve been sued for everything he’s got . Maybe those that he’s exposed didnt want the media attention if challenging his accusations and simply remained silent therefore avoiding the spotlight. The baddest MP and the prayer room story just faded away without a whisper from the msm. I’ve always thought FJ is a very brave journalist and can’t blame him if he pulls back a bit with everything currently on his plate .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 11:08am

No surprise at all, although for some reason Ive always expected one day to hear of him being stabbed in a pub or night club toilet.

No surprises he lives in Bondi either.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 11:12am

Not into his crusade against corrupt politicans, Indo?

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 1:06pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

No surprise at all, although for some reason Ive always expected one day to hear of him being stabbed in a pub or night club toilet.

Jesus you come up with some crackers Indo. What thought process brought that comment on??

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 1:56pm

Indo's shown on multiple occasions that he's ok with violence or death if the victim is of an ideology that he doesn't agree with.

Pretty concerning.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 2:00pm
garyg1412 wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Jesus you come up with some crackers Indo. What thought process brought that comment on??

He comes up with some crackers allright.

mahjong tile red dragon

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 2:15pm

What thought process brought that comment on??
Because in the mind of the average right wing sociopath on social media, 'owning the left' is more important than human life. Would be interesting to know if Indo would have made the same comment had Jordan Shanks been killed in the arson of his home.
I say 'average right wing sociopath' intentionally Indo because you are 'average' and that comment clearly shows your sociopathy, as do most of your posts. Grow up, the guy was nearly killed, and what does where he lives matter other than your stupid notion that inner city equals woke.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 3:19pm

No different from the time @info said he "wouldn't be surprised if motorists took things into their own hands" when condemning peaceful Extinction Rebellion protestors in Melbourne ......... but, unsurprisingly, remained silent** about the violent anti lockdown protests in Melbourne where police and police horses were assaulted.

** accept when he repeatedly defended far right Avi Yemini's BS reporting (??) of the very same violent protests.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm

geeeeeezzzzz!

its go hard on indod day...

again...

anybody that goes as hard as friendly jordies, it wouldn't be surprisig at all if someoone - some corrupt crook/ politician - resorted to violence...

thats not condoning it

its stating the bloody obvious

(and appreciating friendly jordies is doing fantastic work... whilst the real 'journalists' ...are weak as piss! ...and obviously totally compromised)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 6:26pm
AndyM wrote:

Indo's shown on multiple occasions that he's ok with violence or death if the victim is of an ideology that he doesn't agree with.

Pretty concerning.

sypkan wrote:

anybody that goes as hard as friendly jordies, it wouldn't be surprisig at all if someoone - some corrupt crook/ politician - resorted to violence...

thats not condoning it

its stating the bloody obvious

100% Just stating the obvious.

Andy either cant read, or reads something but some how by the time it's gone from eyes to brain the translation has changed.

Below is what i said.

No where am i condoning violence.

Jordies obviously pisses people off, some people in high places and people in not so high places and just supporters of politicians or political parties.

Ive always thought he is on a bit of a death wish, of everyone i can think of in any type of media in Australia I think he is the highest at risk then maybe Avi, but while Avi is an agitator in most cases it's targeted at a group or cause and already at people that are under attack like Dan Andrews, Avi I'm sure has people that can watch his back too and has a military background and im sure could look after himself if needed.

Jordie's seems even more reckless and pushes things harder it's like he thinks nothing can happen to him and i highly doubt he could look after himself, he just seems to be like a spoilt rich kid who thinks he can do and say anything without any real risk, which i just dont think is the case in the real world.

indo-dreaming wrote:

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 6:48pm
GuySmiley wrote:

No different from the time @info said he "wouldn't be surprised if motorists took things into their own hands" when condemning peaceful Extinction Rebellion protestors in Melbourne ......... but, unsurprisingly, remained silent** about the violent anti lockdown protests in Melbourne where police and police horses were assaulted.

** accept when he repeatedly defended far right Avi Yemini's BS reporting (??) of the very same violent protests.

Silent???

There was heaps of discussion about them being tossers from me and others i thought they were wankers especially the horse thing.

Gluing yourself to pavements or locking yourself to things is next level though as is breaking into people farms or business, or even worse so called protestors in USA rioting and looting.

There is protest and then there is just people people being a complete nuisance actually trying to piss people off on purpose like extortion rebellion, and when your aim is to piss people off then you should expect for people to actually be pissed off and the reality is people can and do get violent if pushed to far, thats just the reality of life.

BTW. If you want to talk about double standards pepper spray and rubber bullets were used on so called freedom protestors in Melbourne, now imagine if the same was done on protestors like extortion rebellion, imagine the uproar.

Also while i didn't agree with the so called freedom protestors, i get that many were really affected by lockdowns and mandates losing jobs and losing business they were real people affected by real issues, not just the regular feral uni student rent a crowd.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 6:51pm
adam12 wrote:

What thought process brought that comment on??
Because in the mind of the average right wing sociopath on social media, 'owning the left' is more important than human life. Would be interesting to know if Indo would have made the same comment had Jordan Shanks been killed in the arson of his home.
I say 'average right wing sociopath' intentionally Indo because you are 'average' and that comment clearly shows your sociopathy, as do most of your posts. Grow up, the guy was nearly killed, and what does where he lives matter other than your stupid notion that inner city equals woke.

Adam12. Indo has no thought processes thats his problem, he’s a mindset shifter. He doesn’t think before writing his posts, he’s just a regurgitator of very ordinary ill informed (mainly right wing garbage with subtle but hurtful undertones) towards people, often less privileged than himself, I read (boring) all of his garbage, its the same, same, but slightly different and he loves to put people or groups down, especially our own First Nations people. I do often wonder why he bothers writing, but i know why, he’s so adamant and hell bent on attempting to get people to agree with him, otherwise why would produce voluminous pages of rubbish. How does his wife tolerate such an oracle ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 7:12pm

You know the interesting thing about the left is they love to diss others.

I was looking through Jordies videos and he has three videos purely aimed at attacking Avi.

I searched Avi's channel and he has none attacking Jordie's, because it would just be a kind of lame thing to do, even though it would be quite easy to play tit for tat.

You see it here too, so many of you love to attack and degrading me rather than debating my views.

It's weird the left claims the right are so hateful, but the right are generally hateful of the lefts ideas not people so much, but with the left its always about degrading individuals or trying to silence people.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 8:12pm

Indo cannot be cancelled!
No matter his allusions/illusions/delusions.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm

Cooker meets the cook from cook 3-F7-B2-CAC-C570-46-D7-ADFA-21636-A8-D1242