Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:02pm

“ Economy: longest run for any western country without a recession for something like 100 years “ ……….Seriously indo you are delusional if you believe Australia hasn’t had a recession in the last 100 years . Little Johnny was outstanding in getting a great gas deal with China. Fark me

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:02pm

In terms of government debt and money management, we also escaped the GFC unscathed, Victoria does currently seem happily on its way to becoming Australia’s basket case debt-ridden state, and in a tweet this morning about Japan’s debt spiral I noticed a particular country at one end of the ranking of debt to GDP:

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:18pm

Just look at the yen, generally floating between 100-110 for 1 USD and it's approaching 150 now. Geez, that must hurt. Goes back to the Impossible trinity that I shared in the housing thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_trinity

MMT is a ludicrous idea with unrealistic assumptions. The biggest one is that governments can be trusted with printing money. I honestly think this is a pretty scary prospect. One crazy person is enough to cause an enormous amount of damage.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:36pm
stunet wrote:

Dunno if the latter shows Australia is standing in it or not, but my wife's PhD (coal mining in the Illawarra and the possible shift to a renewables hub) is leading down some intersting alleyways. Recently she was showing me YouTube vids of backpackers giving others tips on how to maximise their stay in Oz, including the ample and prosperous work on new solar farms.

Seems these farms, where no chicken, goat, or cow will ever graze, are still considered farms as defined by the govt, so by extension they're 'farm workers', which opens up a few lucrative perks such as visa extensions etc.

What really got my attention was the potential pay rates. Unskilled backpackers earning $2,000 - $2,500 a week. Nothing appealing about the work, it's repetitive, mostly in hot and dry areas, but a few months work and they're set for another year or so on the road.

If local kids want cash and quickly they could do worse than driving to western NSW, put six months in, fill their bank accounts, fill their black book of contacts too, then hop a plane to somewhere exotic.

Also, a lot of the research is around the projects coming down the turnpike and the one thing that's becoming clear about the future of work is that few jobs will be as future-proofed as electricians and electrical engineers.

Oh, no. No. No. No.

The youth are in despair. They’re meant to fall over in defeat without a hint of pushback. ….satire.

Just imagine what a motivated young Aussie couple could achieve in a two- three year timeframe chasing this work around the country and living on a shoestring.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

https://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2021/10/29/rip-the-rule-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:52pm

Anyone know how to get into these solar farm jobs? Website?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 1:54pm
Supafreak wrote:

“ Economy: longest run for any western country without a recession for something like 100 years “ ……….Seriously indo you are delusional if you believe Australia hasn’t had a recession in the last 100 years . Little Johnny was outstanding in getting a great gas deal with China. Fark me

THATS NOT WHAT I SAID!

Australia had over 27+ years without a recession, this is the longest recession free period of any developed country in something crazy like 100 years.

So in 100 years no other developed country has gone 27+ years recession free.

100 years was stated in an article, but even if its only 50, the premise remains the same Australia has gone a very long time without a recession, the longest for any developed country.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:11pm
gsco wrote:

In terms of government debt and money management, we also escaped the GFC unscathed, Victoria does currently seem happily on its way to becoming Australia’s basket case debt-ridden state, and in a tweet this morning about Japan’s debt spiral I noticed a particular country at one end of the ranking of debt to GDP:

https://twitter.com/RobinBrooksIIF/status/1587152235745746955

flollo wrote:

Just look at the yen, generally floating between 100-110 for 1 USD and it's approaching 150 now. Geez, that must hurt. Goes back to the Impossible trinity that I shared in the housing thread.

MMT is a ludicrous idea with unrealistic assumptions. The biggest one is that governments can be trusted with printing money. I honestly think this is a pretty scary prospect. One crazy person is enough to cause an enormous amount of damage.

So do economical experts now agree MMT isn't the golden goose it was made out to be?

Or do they still think its a good idea?

Always seemed a very high risk idea that I'm glad Australia did get carried away with.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:22pm

[quote=AndyM]Anyone know how to get into these solar farm jobs? Website?[/quote]

No website but there's two helpful fellas, a Pom and a German, and each have multiple vids: 

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:25pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
AndyM wrote:

You’re deluded Indo

It's fine to have an opinion, but you need to back it up with facts like i have.

FACTS Andy M , like the LNP are #bettermoneymanagers

soggydog wrote:

“Facts”……oh the hilarity!

Im all ears if you can prove these important points are not facts and are wrong?

"All the major issues.

Economy: longest run for any western country without a recession for something like 100 years

Interest rates: Historical low falling for 20 years from all times high's of late 80s early 90s

Unemployment: Lowest for almost 50 years.

Terrorism: Escaped that whole period with no attacks

Covid: From a infection and death rate got through major period among best in the world, one of the highest vax rates in the world."

BTW. Nit picking a few years here or there or whatever isn't busting these as facts, the basis of all these points remain the same, Australia has done very well over the last 20 years in all these areas.

You can also throw in the issue of border control, we had big issues even as recently as 10 plus years ago and in many countries its still a big issues like USA and Europe even influencing elections like seen in Italy recently, but in Australia we have got to a point where we have a system in place that keeps things under control.

As for better money managers, when was the last time Labor got Australia out of the red?

Clearly Howard was the best money manager of our time, turning a decent sized debt into a surplus .

Read your post indo , IT IS WHAT YOU SAID

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:34pm

@indo pretty much any modeling has an underlying set of assumptions to make it work. These assumptions should be called out before using models to build a case. Sadly, this is not always the case and the general public is not fully aware of the dependencies required for a certain model to work.

Remember this:

- Ceteris paribus - all things remaining equal. Ceteris paribus is a Latin phrase that generally means "all other things being equal." In economics, it acts as a shorthand indication of the effect one economic variable has on another, provided all other variables remain the same.

So, the change in A changes B assuming C, D, and E remain unchanged. Quality managers will use the model while putting a price (and hedging against it) on the risk of C, D, and E changing (as they often do in real life).

In the case of MMT - I believe that modeling can work but the assumptions are questionable. Basically, it ignores any monetary control while advising that government can control inflation through taxes. So, spend as much as you like and fight inflation through higher taxes to restrict money in circulation (currently, this is being done by reserve banks through interest rates). And this part is very questionable. 1) I don't believe that governments have the capability to control inflation through taxes. They are too slow, anti-agile, and populist by nature. 2) A lot of people (myself included) would resist paying more taxes in an inflationary environment.

I've seen little evidence in my life that these 2 (BTW there are more than 2 obviously but I picked these 2) can be overcome efficiently for the models to work. And this is why I'm of the belief that MMT is not a good idea to pursue.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:32pm

@ Supa

I admit re reading it, i did word it badly.

Written language is not my strong point, i spent most of my time at school especially English drawing graffiti pieces and then when I moved to the coast at 13 that turned to drawing waves.

If id known the internet was going to happen and i might need written language maybe i would have paid attention, but at the time i was like i dont need this shit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:32pm
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 2:56pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

If id known the internet was going to happen and i might need written language maybe i would have paid attention, but at the time i was like i dont need this shit.

This is amazing.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:32pm
Supafreak wrote:

06-AD434-F-32-B9-4-E12-9948-3755-FA4-A6412
how to find screen resolution of laptop

Um you do understand he had to pay Labor's deb of somehow.

I never voted for Howard i was too busy listening to my friends on how i should vote, but history shows without a doubt he was the best PM of our time.

People can deny this but its why he kept getting re-elected and ended up the second longest serving PM in Australias history.

Sadly we may never see a PM like him again and hard to see us getting out of debt again.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:37pm
Hiccups wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

This is amazing.

Thank you for your admiration, but i wasn't alone, fk you lived in Tassie, when i went to school in Tassie it was even worst, anyway no regrets, maybe its different now, but school results and effort sure didn't reflect the outcomes post school life.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:39pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

06-AD434-F-32-B9-4-E12-9948-3755-FA4-A6412
how to find screen resolution of laptop

Um you do understand he had to pay Labor's deb of somehow.

I never voted for Howard i was too busy listening to my friends on how i should vote, but history shows without a doubt he was the best PM of our time.

People can deny this but its why he kept getting re-elected and ended up the second longest serving PM in Australias history.

Sadly we may never see a PM like him again and hard to see us getting out of debt again.

The delusion continues

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:44pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Thank you for your admiration, but i wasn't alone, fk you lived in Tassie, when i went to school in Tassie it was even worst, anyway no regrets, maybe its different now, but school results and effort sure didn't reflect the outcomes post school life.

Haha, the frustration I get trying to get the young carpenter to read boring things like small print on account forms ("I was elected to lead, not to read!"); I know he'll be fine in Australia.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:49pm
AndyM wrote:

Same as it ever was. Get in your car and go find it yourself. Work odd jobs to pay for fuel until you hit the jackpot.

I swear society has become so Ghey. Pick up an old Wilbur Smith novel to be inspired how the past generations did things. Same as it ever was.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:52pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
gsco wrote:

https://twitter.com/RobinBrooksIIF/status/1587152235745746955

flollo wrote:

So do economical experts now agree MMT isn't the golden goose it was made out to be?

Or do they still think its a good idea?

Always seemed a very high risk idea that I'm glad Australia did get carried away with.

MMT was always a flimsy pisstake excuse for flooding the economy with MOAR money in order to juice and accelerate the usury ponzy further down its natural course towards neoliberal neo feudalism.

Debt is slavery.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 3:59pm

Indo thinks the LNP are great money managers in the way people admire the sustained wealth of their next door neighbour who inherited money and is rapidly selling off everything they own to pay for their lifestyle.

Sadly the same is true for the party which formerly represented the Australian people, still erroneously known as the ALP.

It’s actually the ALHP….the H ( Hire) being silent.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:00pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

MMT was always a flimsy pisstake excuse for flooding the economy with MOAR money in order to juice and accelerate the usury ponzy further down its natural course towards neoliberal neo feudalism.

Debt is slavery.

Gold is the money of kings
Silver is the money of gentlemen
Copper is the money of peasants
And debt is the money of slaves

old saying

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:05pm
stunet wrote:

AndyM wrote:

No website but there's two helpful fellas, a Pom and a German, and each have multiple vids: 

I remember back in 2006-2015 when the energy companies started shitting their pants at paying first world labour rates on their projects in Australia that were going to make them hundreds of billions in profits. The first thing they did was create subterfuge by means of foreign contractors to try and fill all jobs with foreigners to destabilise the labour markets.

Looks like those days of subterfuge are over because “racism” and now it’s the plum jobs being openly gamed by foreigners. Fuck them…..jobs for Australians.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:05pm

@info seems to be doing a mighty fine job of trolling himself today …..

https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:06pm

^^^

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:09pm
Hiccups wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

This is amazing.

It’s called being honest, it’s called humbling yourself. . You should try it instead of acting like the perpetual judge of all things despite having no runs on the board yourself.

You were always a bit of a cunt hey bloke.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:15pm
GuySmiley wrote:

@info seems to be doing a mighty fine job of trolling himself today …..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thvhUSmXfAg

Seriously mate….how long since you’ve e given up presenting yourself as a sentient being? It’s quite a long while now.

How about putting up some good faith posts instead of the boring , unfunny slander. You’re smarter than this shit. You used to contribute. I get that you might be time poor, even deflated from other aspects of your real life, but this continued Factoesque character assassination is best left for the proper dumb cnts.

I give your contributions over the past year an average rating of 2/10.

Come on Guy…put some effort in. We’re all better off when you don’t take short cuts.

Have a go ya mug!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:44pm
andy-mac wrote:

Mate if Australia was a road train, the LNP drove it down a small one way narrow street, crashed into a tree at the end of street and took out a house, got out and threw the keys in a near by creek. Now you expect Labor to turn the road train around and get it back on open highway in less than a year???

We’ve been through this.
Problems we are experiencing are 100% ALP inflicted. Nothing to do with past government.

Really 100% ALP inflicted after being in power less than 6 months? Come on. Off top it head they already raised minimum wage, Robodebt RC, started to act with maturity regarding Pacific nations, plus more. ICAC still to come and much needed IR reform hopefully on way.
They will stuff up in some aspects, I am totally off them in some areas, but compared to previous govt they are miles ahead in all aspects... Anyway that's my 2 cents worth...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 4:45pm

Looks like those days of subterfuge are over because “racism” and now it’s the plum jobs being openly gamed by foreigners. Fuck them…..jobs for Australians.

The Australians are welcome to work them. Ain't nothing stopping us.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:06pm

My mother was assessed again 2 months ago for her dementia and she’s on a rapid decline even with the medication and supplements. She is now category 4 on the Unity scale for in home assistance which is the highest rating . This gives her $53,000 per year in government assistance and any amount not used rolls over into new year . Currently we have a aged care female come in 3 times a week to assist her with showering and getting dressed . 3 times a week because that’s all we can get because of staff shortages. So far in the last 2 months they have canceled 5 times because of staff members being off sick and nil staff to replace them . With Australia’s ageing population where are the people to fill these rolls going to come from if we don’t encourage immigration in this sector ? I would also like to see an enquiry into these agencies as they charge $60 per visit and the workers get $27 . Sure the agents have to pay super and such but the administration bill is usually the biggest on itemised account. Unity used to be government run before becoming private like everything else. Is privatisation really the best way to go with our health and power supply ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:20pm
Supafreak wrote:

Is privatisation really the best way to go with our health and power supply ?

Couple of weeks back my wife went to a soiree related to the Illawarra Offshore Wind Farm. This one was put on by Equinor, who are swimming in the waters down here. The same Equinor who were going to drill the Bight, and who are 66% owned by the Norwegian government, the profits flowing back to the Norwegian people.

It rankles to see us on the cusp of an energy revolution, no better time to introduce change, with some countries positioned for a windfall while Australia simply lets the moment pass.

I don't think much of Dan Andrews, but his latest move to create a state-controlled energy company has merit. How can it not when other, foreign state-controlled energy companies are here, successfully profiting off our resources?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:34pm

Fun fact: the father of privatization in Australia, Jeff Kennett, the Victorian LNP leader who sold off all the power assets in Victoria under the ruse that privatization would make power cheaper, is a man in his 70's who still keeps an extensive collection of Gollywogs, one of whom he calls 'Buddy' after Lance Franklin, because it has long limbs like Buddy.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:44pm
stunet wrote:

I interviewed dozens of electrical engineers over the years and the vast majority of applicants were always migrants. There are always more roles than ‘domestic’ applicants. And that’s in addition to the graduate program which provides opportunities to the Australian uni graduates (they basically get a full time job on rotation across projects for 2 years and once completed they stay as a full time employee but dedicated to the specific business unit). So, unless we magically force more people to take electrical engineering in uni we will have no choice but to fill vacancies with qualified migrants from overseas.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:52pm
stunet wrote:

AndyM wrote:

Cheers Stu

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 5:55pm

And I cannot see how can a private monopoly or even an oligopoly be cheaper for a consumer? It makes zero sense, if an asset is a natural monopoly it should be in public hands. But also important - it needs to be managed by qualified staff and not along political party lines. Australia is a bit better than others in this but still not perfect. It is considered normal in some European countries to sack the whole management when a different political party wins at the election. And all parties always fill the roles with members of their own parties, regardless of their experience or work capabilities. That stuff needs to be avoided at all costs.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 6:24pm
Hiccups wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

This is amazing.

It’s called being honest, it’s called humbling yourself. . You should try it instead of acting like the perpetual judge of all things despite having no runs on the board yourself.

You were always a bit of a cunt hey bloke.

No, I think it's amazing that indo's attempts at semi-literacy happened because he wanted to more effectively articulate his boneheaded opinions to strangers on the internet. As for you, further up the thread using "ghey", again. Mate, it's 2022. Time to let go of using that term as a pejorative, however you deem fit to spell it, dontcha reckon?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 6:35pm
flollo wrote:
stunet wrote:

I interviewed dozens of electrical engineers over the years and the vast majority of applicants were always migrants. There are always more roles than ‘domestic’ applicants. And that’s in addition to the graduate program which provides opportunities to the Australian uni graduates (they basically get a full time job on rotation across projects for 2 years and once completed they stay as a full time employee but dedicated to the specific business unit). So, unless we magically force more people to take electrical engineering in uni we will have no choice but to fill vacancies with qualified migrants from overseas.

Why is there a shortage in the first place? What have been the events that have led the industry there?

I have no problem with and support a migration program that targets real skilled migrants for specific industries of need with salaries that equate and surpass industry mean wage.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 6:57pm

Um, Electrical engineering is hard and there just aren't enough people with the aptitude in maths in a country of 25 million to fulfil the need?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:09pm

I suspect there’s more to it if it’s similar to other STEM Fields and manufacturing industries. decline of stem teaching at school. Lack of industry support with ongoing career and training opportunities. Offshoring of key industries. Poorly designed and implemented migration programs.

Genuinely interested.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:18pm
adam12 wrote:

Fun fact: the father of privatization in Australia, Jeff Kennett, the Victorian LNP leader who sold off all the power assets in Victoria under the ruse that privatization would make power cheaper, is a man in his 70's who still keeps an extensive collection of Gollywogs, one of whom he calls 'Buddy' after Lance Franklin, because it has long limbs like Buddy.

Fun fact: Who gives a fuck? Dan Andrews is ALP and privatisation is in his core being. Get with the program ya silly old clown. Partisan rah rah is 20th century rubbish for old fogeys and dumb cnts.

The only war is class war.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:27pm

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:44pm

".Fun fact: Who gives a fuck? Dan Andrews is ALP and privatisation is in his core being. Get with the program ya silly old clown. Partisan rah rah is 20th century rubbish for old fogeys and dumb cnts.

The only war is class war. "
No idea what you are saying other than trying to score some point in that fucken super fried burnt sausage brain of yours Blowin. The guy just announced the State was taking back control of electricity generation.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:49pm
adam12 wrote:

Fun fact: Who gives a fuck? Dan Andrews is ALP and privatisation is in his core being. Get with the program ya silly old clown. Partisan rah rah is 20th century rubbish for old fogeys and dumb cnts.

The only war is class war.

It's interesting that Kennett came up as i think him and Dan Andrews while being from different parties and different ideologies are actually very similar personalities, that completely self absorbed arrogant persona they are also very divisive in nature people either seem to love or hate both.

IMHO both are also kind of dangerous in that they think they have all the answers and try to do too much, that one man show mentally, i think history will show both to be damaging to the state in many ways.

I think lots of people are also attracted to their over self confidence/arrogant type nature, i guess in a way it's a leadership quality of sorts, but i dont think its a good one, its the kind of one that can result in a dangerous leader. (Yeah Trump had this quality too, yeah he was dangerous too)

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 7:50pm
AndyM wrote:

Same as it ever was. Get in your car and go find it yourself. Work odd jobs to pay for fuel until you hit the jackpot.

I swear society has become so Ghey. Pick up an old Wilbur Smith novel to be inspired how the past generations did things. Same as it ever was.

Why the fuck would I pack up my house put everything in storage and drive off blindly into western New South Wales?
Why wouldn’t I suss out availability, qualifications required etc??

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:01pm
AndyM wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Why the fuck would I pack up my house put everything in storage and drive off blindly into western New South Wales?

Whoa…ease up there mate. I’m just speaking from experience gaining employment in remote areas. I built a career out of rocking up to tiny towns and getting job preferences over the foot high stack of applications from the cities. From Diamond mines to gas rigs to pearl diving to cray, prawns, fish and construction. Boots on ground beat words on paper every single time. Show up, don’t be a dickhead and the work is yours.

I didn’t mean to be rude with my initial post. Apologies if you took it that way. I’ve had a big day of dealing with useless young cnts with their heads imbedded in their arses acting like the world is too heavy cause it’s not handed to them on a platter. Didn’t mean to project but……..fuck!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:01pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

THATS NOT WHAT I SAID!

Australia had over 27+ years without a recession, this is the longest recession free period of any developed country in something crazy like 100 years.

So in 100 years no other developed country has gone 27+ years recession free.

100 years was stated in an article, but even if its only 50, the premise remains the same Australia has gone a very long time without a recession, the longest for any developed country.

The LNP only achieved that by having sky high levels of immigration and population growth.
If not for that Australia would have had multiple recessions in the last three decades.
Great economic managers my arse - more like incredibly lazy and incredibly unimaginative.
And also, of course, totally compromised by business and lobby groups.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:02pm

LNP….selling off the family jewels to pay the heating. ALP flogging whatever is left.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:04pm
AndyM wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Whoa…ease up there mate. I’m just speaking from experience gaining employment in remote areas. I built a career out of rocking up to tiny towns and getting job preferences over the foot high stack of applications from the cities. From Diamond mines to gas rigs to pearl diving to cray, prawns, fish and construction. Boots on ground beat words on paper every single time. Show up, don’t be a dickhead and the work is yours.

I didn’t mean to be rude with my initial post. Apologies if you took it that way. I’ve had a big day of dealing with useless young cnts with their heads imbedded in their arses acting like the world is too heavy cause it’s not handed to them on a platter. Didn’t mean to project but……..fuck!

No worries it was only a reply with a swearword in it :)
I spent nine years travelling the world getting by by lobbing up on doorsteps, I love that sort of shit.
Point taken about turning up and physically showing your face.
I’d like to do it with extra quals though
Eg high-risk tickets already in hand

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:08pm
adam12 wrote:

".Fun fact: Who gives a fuck? Dan Andrews is ALP and privatisation is in his core being. Get with the program ya silly old clown. Partisan rah rah is 20th century rubbish for old fogeys and dumb cnts.

The only war is class war. "
No idea what you are saying other than trying to score some point in that fucken super fried burnt sausage brain of yours Blowin. The guy just announced the State was taking back control of electricity generation.

Are you seriously that stupid bloke?
Dan Andrews has volunteered the taxpayer’s money to take all the risk in setting up new sources of energy and when they appear successful he’ll flog them off to his rent seeking corporate mates like every other profit making service.

Oh wait…you think this is a DIFFERENT Dan Andrews from the bloke who has previously sold off everything of value in the state of Victoria to his profiteering mates?

I swear Adam has the mind of a newly hatched caterpillar. The lack of depth is extraordinary.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:09pm

Did anyone watch 4 corners last night ? We might get some of that iron ore back from China. https://iview.abc.net.au/show/four-corners/series/2022/video/NC2203H037S00

DudeSweetDudeSweet Tuesday, 1 Nov 2022 at 8:16pm
AndyM wrote:
AndyM wrote:
AndyM wrote:

No worries it was only a reply with a swearword in it :)
I spent nine years travelling the world getting by by lobbing up on doorsteps, I love that sort of shit.
Point taken about turning up and physically showing your face.
I’d like to do it with extra quals though
Eg high-risk tickets already in hand

High risk ticket is the easiest money you’ll ever make. It’s a license to learn and a license to earn. Do a two day course and no one expects you to be able to drive a crane or rig, a load but you’ll have government and insurance company permission to have a go.
Unskilled worker > high income with a small investment of time and money.
Life has many twists and turns if you let opportunity take hold.
You know what I’m talking about Andy. Preaching to the choir. I love that shit!