factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:03am

Juliang

I checked out the first clip .

Some harmful chemicals were found by the Watch Dog and the company penalised and told to improve .

As The Watch Dog said , there was Never any real danger , 2 anything .

A whole Mega Industry called Fracking , is now operating in the USA .

The Scaremongering , taps and lakes on fire etc , was debunked ages ago .

The Industry does need Strong Regulation and Monitoring , as harmful chemicals are used , like a lot of other industries .

Sounds like that happened here , in the first example , above .

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 12:29pm

It took me 5 minutes to find 5 short clips of 2 or 3 minutes .
You would be there all day if I kept going.

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 12:38pm

Hi pop down, the problem is once the water table is toxic, it’s too late for the “ watchdog “ to do anything about.
Knowing the profit over environment, mentality of big business, Im sure many water tables have already been poisoned, despite the slap on the wrist, after the event

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 12:45pm

Who was it that debunked the “ scaremongering “.
Fox News or BHP , or the Republican Party. Lol

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 12:52pm

The first clip was the only one you could explain
What about the others, or are they conveniently forgotten, in your “alternative facts “policy ?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 1:03pm

Just give me the name of 1 Water Table , anywhere in Australia or the US , that's become Toxic and been destroyed by fracking , then Juliang .

Our Water is monitored and checked regularly , that also a Big business , now .

Lots of Courts love prosecuting , big business and so many willing 2 take them there .

What about the Supreme Court allowing Kennedy to Sue the government 4 breach of Free Speech ?!!!!

A big Day coming up 4 him , Today , he will be on all the news .

Kennedy met the standards set by the Supreme Court , because there is "ample evidence to show he was censored at the direction of government actors , and is at substantial risk that Censorship will continue " .

Government asked lol , Big Business Media , 2 censor his Views , really .

What's worse is , they did it !

Kennedy has a lot 2 say and the Supreme Court thinks , he should B heard .

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:32pm

?si=29o76cSqULLa70S0

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:35pm

?si=nESrFBY3hoQvlG_Q

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:37pm

?si=6syR0HPKlzcj3Q_D

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:38pm

?si=LUjqu1PxMShayaUt

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:41pm

?si=lLiRcCpcfPkGsIbh

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:43pm

?si=A6oenU737eB7YcVr

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 2:51pm

?si=_lbgfxz6tv84T2KO

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 3:09pm

Hi pop down ,
Federal officials have conducted their own water analysis , in Pavillon,Wyoming . Because the identity of the chemicals used by the gas industry for drilling and fracking, is kept secret by the gas industry, it’s very hard to detect the contamination.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 4:20pm

Juliang

You're wasting your time .

Environmental Officials in Australia , always know what going into the ground , really .

Maybe the Americans can ask them ?

New entrants come and go into the Industry , they bloody know what mixture of stuff 2 put into a new hole ffs !

Do U really believe , that I will believe , the Chemicals are so secret and Out there , they can't B tested 4 , by Federal Officials haha lol ?

I know they are crooked , but not that hopeless .

Maybe fracking contaminated their collective minds ?

Lets talk Kennedy .

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 5:17pm

Hi pop down ,
Yes I know I’m wasting my time, money always comes before everything else with some people, and they’ll carefully construct the BS to fit their agenda, no matter what.

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 5:37pm

Do you guys actually surf , or are you just here lobbying for other bots ?

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 6:13pm

Hi pop down,
Yes I didn’t waste a lot of time finding all those clips , maybe 10 minutes,.
Maybe that’s your problem, it’s so easy to find information these days, that you guys have to spend all your time trying t

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 6:14pm

Trying to discount it , and change the subject to Kennedy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 7:09pm

Speaking of Kennedy i tried to find updates and came across this interview with his running mate, Nicole Shanahan she was married to the dude who started google, only listened to the first 20 minutes but obviously a very smart very rich women with some very interesting things to say.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 7:19pm

Roadkill. Hi.

Re: your crap about ‘pack mentality’ approach to him.

If you can dish it out, you’ve gotta be prepared to be on the receiving end sometimes.

Indo is a big boy, he can handle and stand up for himself , he definitely doesn’t need a vigilante puppy dog barking around his ankles like yourself telling everyone off for your so called misdemeanours.

Great surf today.

Do you surf these days or are you just a warrior who has nine digits firmly planted in your keyboard and the other one in one of your two orifices ?

Be careful not to suck your thumb, you may forget which one was where. Food for thought. AW

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 7:29pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

not sure where you posted it @indo, but your podcast expansion suggestion-box request popped into my mind, there's a lovely old feller in town that has kept his wife's (weekly!!!) UK magazine subscription alive after her departure, I enjoy a flick through.. this is from the Jan 24, 2024 issue while he fossicked in his shed for something.

dunno what the podcast is about, but you popped into my head.. 'The Rest Is Politics'.. anyway, high-brow mag recommend..

"It's difficult to go anywhere these days without bumping into Rory Stewart and the same applies to the world of podcasts. The former Conservative MP has joined forces with the ex 'King of Spin' Alastair Campbell to talk contemporary politics and news, with the maxim of 'disagreeing agreeably'. Heartily endorsed by the COUNTRY LIFE team."

(the page also recommended James Acaster and Ed Gamble's 'Off Menu' podcast. I'll try make time to give that a whirl. James Acaster is a natural.)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 7:42pm
AlfredWallace wrote:

Roadkill. Hi.

Re: your crap about ‘pack mentality’ approach to him.

If you can dish it out, you’ve gotta be prepared to be on the receiving end sometimes.

Indo is a big boy, he can handle and stand up for himself , he definitely doesn’t need a vigilante puppy dog barking around his ankles like yourself telling everyone off for your so called misdemeanours.

Great surf today.

Do you surf these days or are you just a warrior who has nine digits firmly planted in your keyboard and the other one in one of your two orifices ?

Be careful not to suck your thumb, you may forget which one was where. Food for thought. AW

For someone that says they were not part of it….you are up to 4 posts now trying to excuse yourself.

Well done, AW. 10/10 for such a lame reply. Run along little man.

Lol

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 7:46pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
seeds wrote:

Is this it Roadkill?
https://youtu.be/nr9nZbSQx1c?si=R3I5NchMDn077UiN

Listened to this while working out of curiosity and tried to keep an open mind.

To give you an idea it kind of ended painting the picture that some powerful Christians/ lobby group and Trump are trying to take over democracy or something.

Ive been listening to this one for USA politics it very moderate and balanced/sensible, but will still appeal to non Trump fans as they diss Trump, but its not pointless dissing, its dissing with substance.

One host is a former Republican that worked as White House Director of Communications under Trump but no longer support's him, and the other host is an ex BBC journalist that supports Democrats.

https://open.spotify.com/show/1OY3nyGYqjIO4aWMW2feLy

I listen to this podcast also Indo. The 2 British guys that do it are really good…a much more outsider looking in view.

Scaramucci and Katy Kay are also good. Scatamucci brings some really good knowledge..and considering the disaster he was when in the Trump team he comes across as pretty level headed now.

Got any other Podcast recommendations for USA election that are half balanced?

I find Spotify is a bit weird sometimes on finding good podcast, i think their whole App and algorithm really needs work, its so frustrating that you cant do proper searches where you can filter things by upload date.

The Mooch and Katy Kay just put out this arvo another great podcast, this time on the Dem convention and Kamala’s speech. Another good listen.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:13pm

"Trump Is Preying on Low-Information Voters"

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-low-information-voters.html

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kamala rattled on forever how long it was today...

and we learned...

'kamala's mum is lovely'

'trump is a very bad man...'

'not serious'

once again... dems - and their media minions - don't do irony...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:12pm

^^^

I actually find it a little scary not a single person could list a policy

and didn't seem to think that strange...

does she have any?

one?

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:24pm
seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:25pm

Bill Shorten’s Labor had some great policies, an election that couldn’t be lost and an absolutely deplorable Liberal party in power.
How’d that work out?
I think shutting up on details and letting Trump hang himself with his stupid mouth is a great policy.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:27pm

aren't they all just fuken twanks? sorry, syp, I just got back from picking my kid up from work, in our shitty regional town, and it seemed really nice and turned on, and I just though: 'how nice is it that we can find moments of nice'.. in a space where global crap is thrust upon us. are we just waiting for.. what..?

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:36pm

Hard to see the forest for the trees.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:40pm

Looks like it's now a contest between a Giant Douche and a Polished Turd Sandwich.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:44pm

I know it is dismissive of people who invest in this stuff. genuine sorry for that.
..my thoughts just go to some half-fiction about the near past. (sorry brothers bethune et al)
where crofters and potato farmers knew nothing of their governance, cos it changed little.
and were confounded by city folk that got red-faced in town pubs about it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 10:53pm
tubeshooter wrote:

Looks like it's now a contest between a Giant Douche and a Polished Turd Sandwich.

2016 and 2020 all over again...

I don't think it's coincidence that the last time the dems had a real primary, was the last time they came up with a good candidate...

ie. obama

a long long time ago...

a lotta corruption under the bridge since then

'corruption of process' (bernie sanders)

at least if trump wins... they might finally sort their shit out...

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:01pm
tubeshooter wrote:

Certainly two sides talking shite. The whole convention thing, wowsa! Nothing to see here.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:02pm

enjoy ya bliss basesix...

sorry, but I think it's kinda important

US politics influences our lives, both directly and indirectly, in so many ways

if ya not into it, fair enough...

I also don't think it's coincidence that politics all across the western world is experiencing the same abysmal options and out comes

there's something in the water...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:03pm

poo

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:04pm

You are pretty fluent in it syp.

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:09pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:09pm

you're pretty fluent in shit yourself blackers

giving it...

not much else

you're a political man, a labor stooge...

a partisan twit

surely you have something to contribute about the wonderfulness of kamala

(other than orange man bad)

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:13pm

I shouldn't have said anything, I have friends who are obsessed with USA politics. Real nice folks. And, I guess the argument is: we have to see what's coming. I just think (personally) we are in a really boring time, where a bunch of self-interested ratbags need to throw their hat into newly-defined rings. And then, we need to come together and agree to pick up the pieces. super un-sexy take. People love thinking THE TIME IS NOW!!

And naive, I'm sure. I have friends in Outer Hebrides who have gone from being EU subsidised to UK fuck y'all..

@blackers isolated an Albini quote that sums it all up.. something like, not my take on it all, but good luck to you.. hard to have opposing views here sometimes without being seen as opposite. Edit: (I edited out a trite-ism here).

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:17pm

with the project 2025 again...

sigh...

you do realise obama did exactly what trump is talking about juliang?

no of course you don't

because your youtube bubble didn't tell you so...

do you even (surf) read?

got barreled yesterday

was a good day, for an old man

I think wayne lynch said... 'I'm too old to get barreled, I get tubes...'

I'm no wayne lynch

but I'm old...

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:26pm

Hi spy cam are you sure you and poppy aren’t the same bot .

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:28pm

Yes I’m pretty sure Wayne Lynch wouldn’t like to see big oil making spills in the Great Australian Bight, nor should all of South Oz .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:49pm

and what makes you think I do?

or more so... gives you the right to accuse me as such...

you're one strange man / woman

weird

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:58pm

?si=omMQ4259tUX_disq

Any mention of project 2025 , strikes a very raw nerve for you.@ spykan

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 23 Aug 2024 at 11:58pm

?si=ky5CZuSrfQs8mrX-

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 24 Aug 2024 at 12:11am

no raw nerve at all

I just liberally cannot believe people can possibly be as stupid as you make yourself appear and fall for such blatant propaganda

more vids...

trump gonna tap the bight now champ?

you draw a longer bow than the hysterical propaganda-ists at CNN...

and fwiw, I wouldn't vote for trump

I just want the fake left to get their ducks in a row so such things don't happen

talking to you, I lose hope everyday...

you're a twit

once more...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/articles/c977njnvq2do.amp

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 24 Aug 2024 at 12:17am

One would assume it wouldn’t happen. Therefore the US can continue to conduct governance and business as usual no matter the geriatric sociopath that was voted in.

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Saturday, 24 Aug 2024 at 2:25am

Yes very strange video, Trump’s going to approve more oil and gas drilling permits, energy company stocks will go up , but big oil will do better under Biden .

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Saturday, 24 Aug 2024 at 2:33am

@spykan “US politics influences our lives, both directly and indirectly in so many ways “ Spykans quote.
Ha ha your flip flopping and backsliding is becoming increasingly predictable, in so many ways.