The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 1:12pm

funny money...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 1:17pm

weird...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 1:29pm

@Roadkill,
I agree, poor form on my part.
Glad I have you here to keep me in check.
Thanks pal.
What would I do without you?
My moral compass.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 1:54pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , has trump said anything lately about how he would handle hamas or a solution for gaza ? I know you follow the situation closely so just wondering what you may have read/heard .

Honestly just Trump talk, you know it wouldn't have happened under me, didn't happen under me, things were going good under me with normalisation of relations (abraham accords etc) Biden has made a terrible terrible mess.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 2:00pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , has trump said anything lately about how he would handle hamas or a solution for gaza ? I know you follow the situation closely so just wondering what you may have read/heard .

Honestly just Trump talk, you know it wouldn't have happened under me, didn't happen under me, things were going good under me with normalisation of relations (abraham accords etc) Biden has made a terrible terrible mess.

Thanks for responding , I did read that both Donny & Kamala had recently met with Nat and both had expressed their disappointment in the way Israel had handled the situation . I just thought maybe Donny had a laid out plan on how to fix the problem .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 2:01pm

;)

https://m.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 2:01pm

@adam12 IMG-7992

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 2:34pm
Supafreak wrote:

@adam12 IMG-7992

Like you with Indo. His no1 triggered fanboy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 2:34pm

It’s like nearly everyone and Indo. Lol

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:05pm

Yeah , whatever dill

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:13pm

- try not to be disheartened @supa haha
.....the dill and noinfo, just a cpl of really cool guys ;);)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:23pm
adam12 wrote:

@Roadkill,
I agree, poor form on my part.
Glad I have you here to keep me in check.
Thanks pal.
What would I do without you?
My moral compass.

You would do exactly as you do now. Because that’s who you are and that is your moral standard.

:)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:30pm

IMG-8046

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:42pm

Thanks @Roady,
I only hope that one day I will be able to raise myself up to your lofty heights.
You're kinda like the Nelson Mandela of SN.
An inspiration.
And quite a biting comeback, floored me to be honest, I'm self reflecting like a MF right now.
Only took two hours to come up with it too.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:45pm

- haha, the dill ;)

..... got the moral compass of a meek lil mummies boy using his 'great day disorder' to try and throw murder charges at ppl with covid at cafes

- just another great day in the domain of sharpening the bowling ball dill ;);)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:54pm

Ha ha. Funny stuff. The pack attacks.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 3:57pm

And if you’re not having a great day then IMG-8047

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 4:11pm

Having a great day thx, SF. Just getting lunch now.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 4:14pm
Roadkill wrote:

Having a great day thx, SF. Just getting lunch now.

Enjoy

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 4:28pm

.....lunch is served, it's your usual fave dill ;)

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL77CF8C13944B70A3

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 4:55pm

It was a Sea Bass with veg set. No Dill cucumbers in the salad. No Dill herb either. Miso and some Kimchi on the side. Cost was about $8 AUS equivalent

Was delicious

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 5:19pm

- if u hit the kimchi then precision bombing may be on the cards later

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 8:37pm

Hang on Roady, you got all that for $8 AUS?! Which is, like, $5.25 USD, i think?!
I gotta move down there.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 8:50pm
wax24 wrote:

Hang on Roady, you got all that for $8 AUS?! Which is, like, $5.25 USD, i think?!
I gotta move down there.

Waxy, $8 equivalent. That meal would be $50+ in Aus. I’m in Bangkok. Food is amazing.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Tuesday, 30 Jul 2024 at 8:53pm

That sounds more like it. Maybe it's Bangkok i gotta move to.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Wednesday, 31 Jul 2024 at 7:11am

I will pay that one supre lol ;)

The dill giving moral advice from Bangkok ;)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Jul 2024 at 10:24am

I thought JFs clip of great day was hilarious .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 11:47am

Melania either likes me or loves me..lol

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 12:07pm

Hey Roadster

The guy is a Clown and hates Trump .

I thought Trumps response quite cool .

If Melania really Likes him , after All these years , Trump sure does have a nicer side .,

I drove to Noosa , surfed Superbank ( way too big , so watched mainly and caught leftovers ) yesterday and heading to a mate's , Clarky's today , a bit further south .

Adam 12 seems to have been going " warts and all " of late .

Admits the Left have gone awry , in the US .

Have Stuffed the place up .

But NO 2 Trumpy , he actually wants to CHANGE Things .

He is crazy , lucky but Power Crazy lol .

The Only one who has the power , to Change the Status Quo .

The path that leads to WW3&4 .

Who is Kamala's First Lady Man ?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 12:51pm

This is interesting re the 'deep state' or structures in the USA especially regarding foreign policy. From 25.00 min on. Doesn't really matter who is Prez.
Interesting coming from someone who would have an idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alastair_Crooke

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:13pm

sportsbet election odds update
Trump 1.72
Harris 2.10

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:16pm
andy-mac wrote:

This is interesting re the 'deep state' or structures in the USA especially regarding foreign policy. From 25.00 min on. Doesn't really matter who is Prez.

Been following boat deployments and one of those MEUs are being moved nearby in case nationals need to be evacuated.

Did any of you see the storming of the police station/military base in Israel, that was quite surreal?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:27pm

Stumped by Trump! Not again...keep falling for the same race card...Dammit.
Trump's 2024 Race Card Deck
#1 That stupid dumb Democrat Chick don't like Israel?
#2 That Whackjob Democrat Prez candidate don't like Jewish People?

Trump reckons Kamala hates Jews so much she married a Jew to host Bibi in his Kosha White House!
https://people.com/donald-trump-says-kamala-harris-doesnt-like-jewish-pe...

Trump...Yeah but No but Yeah but!
Trump agrees with Sid that her Kosha Hubbie Dougie is a Crappy and Horrible Jew...
Jewish like Bernie Sanders is Jewish. Are you kidding me?

Nope! No idea...straight over tbb's head...that's just plain nasty mental!

Ok! Maybe not low brow enough for tbb...(Shall we deal the Joker's Wild Race Card...)
Sure! What have we got to lose...let go all in on the next Low Blow!

#3 Trump reckons Prez candidate ain't Black Enough....
(But Wait for the Super Hero Trump Card)
Here it comes...get ready...might wanna hold on tight to yer loved ones!

#4 Trump claims that Democrat Kamala suddenly made a turn & became a Black Person...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-01/donald-trump-suggests-kamala-harr...

Kamala Harris and her fluid Identity
https://jewishpostandnews.ca/demo-content/demo-articles/kamala-harris-an...
Kamala : Mother was born in India > Father was born in Jamaica
Kamala : My mum understood very well that she was raising 2 black daughters.
Mostly all "Coloured" were universally raised as Black Students.
White House Profile : 1st Black + 1st South Asian to be elected VP.
Married to Jewish Man.
https://www.heyalma.com/kamala-harris-doug-emhoffs-interfaith-family-is-...
Basically Trump is bringing into question the surety & clarification of a dishonest Prez Candidate.
Playing the race card while sowing the seeds of doubt
Much like that Whole Obama eligibility all over again.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:27pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Been following boat deployments and one of those MEUs are being moved nearby in case nationals need to be evacuated.

Did any of you see the storming of the police station/military base in Israel, that was quite surreal?

Yeah....
I've been following it a bit over there, no comments from me on SN, except to say I'm thinking it's going to get very heavy very soon....
Reckon assassination in Iran was a pretty dumb move if wanting to avoid escalation, or smart move if wanting further escalation, or all out regional war. Never mind strike in Beirut.
Obvious Israel doesn't want cease fire or peace taking out main negotiater... But there we are.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:40pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:41pm

"...Reckon assassination in Iran was a pretty dumb move if wanting to avoid escalation, or smart move if wanting further escalation, or all out regional war. Never mind strike in Beirut..."

seems nothing short of insane in a 24 hour period...

I'd say the beirut bit more insane than the assassination

you can justify bombing the southern hezbollah outposts...

but beirut?

oz gov. calling for evacuation

seems trajectory is set...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:47pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 3:59pm
sypkan wrote:

"...Reckon assassination in Iran was a pretty dumb move if wanting to avoid escalation, or smart move if wanting further escalation, or all out regional war. Never mind strike in Beirut..."

seems nothing short of insane in a 24 hour period...

I'd say the beirut bit more insane than the assassination

you can justify bombing the southern hezbollah outposts...

but beirut?

oz gov. calling for evacuation

seems trajectory is set...

Heard a little of Iranian leader at funeral on news. Saying USA is responsible as much as Israel and to expect attack on US forces or something along those lines.
Iran have lost face and cannot let this one go was overall message.
Bravado maybe??
It's pretty scary really.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:10pm
andy-mac wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Yeah....
I've been following it a bit over there, no comments from me on SN, except to say I'm thinking it's going to get very heavy very soon....
Reckon assassination in Iran was a pretty dumb move if wanting to avoid escalation, or smart move if wanting further escalation, or all out regional war. Never mind strike in Beirut.
Obvious Israel doesn't want cease fire or peace taking out main negotiater... But there we are.

I tuned out from it for a while. Back in focus now and it appears they are going to use this moment in history to swat two problems in the one timeline, twitter had iron dome units moving north, etc. Also looked into some of the reporting on torture etc, sigh. My ME history lecturer had been young in Lebanon during the 1970s-80s and took the time to show us a bit of the carnage from invasion and civil war; these days on the internet you can see that kind of thing if you search not very hard for it, back then it was a real eye opener. Said it before I can't see a solution to this area, sorry to say this, looks like might will be right & rule of force. It is the crossroads of the world and has always been contested, even Alexander did a conquering stint through it.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:14pm

- "...american foreign policy is not reflective of the will of the people, or even the will of the president, it's reflective of entrenched interests..... military industrial / intelligence community complex."

;)

&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:14pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Yeah....

I tuned out from it for a while. Back in focus now and it appears they are going to use this moment in history to swat two problems in the one timeline, twitter had iron dome units moving north, etc. Also looked into some of the reporting on torture etc, sigh. My ME history lecturer had been young in Lebanon during the 1970s-80s and took the time to show us a bit of the carnage from invasion and civil war; these days on the internet you can see that kind of thing if you search not very hard for it, back then it was a real eye opener. Said it before I can't see a solution to this area, sorry to say this, looks like might will be right & rule of force. It is the crossroads of the world and has always been contested, even Alexander did a conquering stint through it.

Think you may be correct, but I cannot see any winner....

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:19pm

;)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:26pm
andy-mac wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Yeah....

Im confused

Havent you always said Israel should just take out key leaders in strikes rather than going to war. (not that that is realistic as doesn't actually deal with the military threat of Hamas)

But now you are saying they shouldn't take out key leaders because it risk escalation?

Six months ago you could have used the logic that you dont take out those your are negotiating with but It's been about eight months since the last hostage deal, if we are realistic does anyone think another deal is going to get done?

Hamas aren't going to agree to a deal unless they get to survive and stay in power, and thats not an option for Israel, and a long term ceasefire can only happen once Hamas are dealt with and hostages recovered even if only bodies.

No doubt Israel has always had the aim to take out all the key leaders of Hamas, but these leaders like Ismail have been in Qatar which is in this weird half neutral zone, so a strike in Qatar wouldn't be good, but a strike on him in Iran is perfect its in enemy territory and it shows Iran and others that Israel can still take them out in Iran.

BTW. These last two hits would be a bit different in where the intelligence came from, but in regard to other Hamas leaders in Gaza at various levels that have been taken out, the intelligence for these strikes is only possible because of the huge amount of intel gained from being in Gaza, drones, recovery of files and integration of hamas fighters.

PS. The Hezbollah leader taken out in Beirut also had a 5 million dollar bounty on his head from USA Government.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:27pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Yeah....

Im confused

Havent you always said Israel should just take out key leaders in strikes rather than going to war. (not that that is realistic as doesn't actually deal with the military threat of Hamas)

But now you are saying they shouldn't take out key leaders because it risk escalation?

Six months ago you could have used the logic that you dont take out those your are negotiating with but It's been about eight months since the last hostage deal, if we are realistic does anyone think another deal is going to get done?

Hamas aren't going to agree to a deal unless they get to survive and stay in power, and thats not an option for Israel, and a long term ceasefire can only happen once Hamas are dealt with and hostages recovered even if only bodies.

Israel has always had to aim to take out all the key leaders of Hamas, but these leaders like Ismail have been in Qatar which is in this weird half neutral zone, so a strike in Qatar wouldn't be good, but a strike on him in Iran is perfect its in enemy territory and it shows Iran and others that Israel can still take them out in Iran.

BTW. These last two hits would be a bit different in where the intelligence came from, but in regard to other Hamas leaders in Gaza at various levels that have been taken out, the intelligence for these strikes is only possible because of the huge amount of intel gained from being in Gaza, drones, recovery of files and integration of hamas fighters.

Yep I did initially state they should go after leadership.
Caveat, that was before the Gaza slaughter.
Doing it on Iranian soil seems to be a own goal, but we shall see.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:27pm

Australians in Lebanon warned to leave immediately as tensions escalate between Israel and Hezbollah

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-01/australians-in-lebanon-told-to-le...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 4:28pm
andy-mac wrote:

Think you may be correct, but I cannot see any winner....

There is no winner, that's the thing.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 5:06pm

- from the bibi bureaucracy of bullshit circa 2002 :

"If you take out sadaam, sadaam's regime, I guarantee you that it will have enormous positive reverberations on the region."

^ so..... ummmm..... how's about those guarantees ay boyyy ;);)
- all lie$$$, then and now.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 5:14pm

TBB

Since Elizabeth Warren , proved almost Fully Pale Faced by claiming Native Indian Heritage , proving Your Race should be mandatory , surely .

Gosh , it should NOT be , that Bloody Hard , surely !

Trump owes NO favours to Harris , due to her sex or colour .

They are both Running 4 President , gloves are Off .

There are Rules , that the voters will apply .

Like Respect , But , they are choosing 1 Leader !

Many are choosing Anyone , but Trump !

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 5:19pm

I think that’s what it will come down to PD , a large percentage of people voting for anyone but trump . I can’t see him getting to many women’s votes . Could be wrong, no real clear cut winner in this two donkey race .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 1 Aug 2024 at 6:08pm

the 'anyone but trump' vote is probably their biggest winner

but I'm not sure they're winning many people over with all this race/gender politics...

(that goes for both sides!)

it's all very reminiscent of hilary 2016, where you must vote for the woman or else

dems pretty much talking about nothing else now, no one really selling her on her record or policies...

does she even have policies?

I'd like to think it's strategic, ...ie. they don't want to talk about her record, because its so abysmal...

but sadly, I don't think its even that

we're right back to the same old cultism of 2016, where a certain cohort put ip above anything else

it may work, because trump fatigue is huuuuge...

but really, I would argue the race/gender stuff only appeals to a small and shrinking proportion of the electorate