The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 10:06am

Calling Tony a surfer is a bit like calling Middleton a point break. It could be seen as technically correct by some, but far from reality. I lived and breathed surfing for years and became reasonably proficient before I felt comfortable to call myself a "surfer". I guess these days every 9 year old chick with a pink softie in the corner of their bedroom is a surfer. Cheers.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 10:26am

Hey old dog

I really do think Tony can surf .

The guy is Crazy Fit , has done one of those ULTRA Stupid Marathony Things , so could Pop Up , better than I could .

I don't think his style would B much to look at , as not much finesse or ability imho .

So like me and my daughters , a bit , but still surfers imho :) !

As I footballer , not a half , as has no footwork .

I would chuck him in the forwards , crash and bash stuff and can start a fight , if needed .

I think most of the US people I have met , are from the Silent Majority .

I can understand not wanting to get involved in WW2 .

A pity the Media and people , had NFI what Hitler was really up 2 .

They are Good , hardworking , often religious , not 2 loud , don't understand sarcasm that well , adventurous , think they are FREE to do stuff , fun people who I like a lot .

Like Waxy .

They are a bit lazy with doing a good election , though imho :)

Very haphazard !

The Silent Majority have been blindsided , by a sneaky Establishment .

Has NOT felt the incursion of Wokeism , IRS , Big Tech , Big Government , Big Immigration , Big Fuel prices , Bad Judicial System , Bad Pharma etc into their lives , YET .

I think they NOW see it , lets C what they will Do , NOW !

Australia's Silent majority , socially , don't discuss Religion or Politics , to avoid fights .

A good idea thought of by some sensible woman , a gazillion years ago , am guessing .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 10:39am

;)

https://m.

&pp=ygUKb25pb24gY2hlZg%3D%3D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:27am
wax24 wrote:
wax24 wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
bonza wrote:

some gems in here..

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/regime-change-in-america-dc8

"Another is the incoherence of the Resistance. If you want to protest potential abuse of the justice system by a future president Trump, don’t bring an obviously flimsy, political case in New York City that merely helped Trump sweep back to dominance in the GOP. If you want a saner GOP, don’t demonize every other possibility, from DeSantis to Vance. If you emphasize the danger of political violence, don’t turn a blind eye as BLM burns America’s cities to the ground, or ignore Antifa. If you want to accuse Fox News of propaganda, don’t push out equal and opposite propaganda on toxic MSNBC. If you think democracy dies in darkness, why try to get Trump legally excluded from some state ballots, and prevent any real primary among Democrats.......

.......The lies the Democrats have been telling us these past few years are legion: inflation won’t happen/is temporary/is good for you; the Southern border is secure; “equity” is “fairness”; biological sex is a “spectrum”; Ukraine is about to win the war; Russia’s economy can be sanctioned to death; political violence is entirely on the far right; children can meaningfully consent to sex changes; the only thing holding black Americans back is white bigotry; the mainstream media is fair; and women have penises. Yes, Trump is a shameless liar. But the left’s propaganda has muddied the waters. When NBC’s higher-ups took Morning Joe off the air this week, it was a real moment. Even the muckety-mucks couldn’t take the lucrative propaganda anymore.

I will never vote for Trump — because he is so psychologically disturbed and so contemptuous of the rule of law that he remains a danger to us and the world. But I can see the logic of Trumpism. Those who feel left behind — culturally, economically — need at least one party to represent them and their values. As Biden has proven, protectionism is not all bad, especially when related to supply chains and national security. Mass immigration is out of control, and only one party gets it. Support for those who have lost the most from globalization seems to me a defensible conservative position, after migrant winners like me have had such a good run of it. And the madness of the neocon war machine demands a president able to spurn it."

Yeah good read.

I agreed with most premises and disagreed with a smaller number. I gauged this as Center-Right. (subjectively) So, that seems in line. I agree, Indio. It was a good read. Thanx, Bonza.

Hey Indo. Just realized i misspelled your name. So sorry. I was puttin my stuff away, changing clothes (just gettin home from work… bout 8:30am, my time) And tryin to do SwellNet at same time.
Lesson learned, lol.
Go well and don’t take offense.

Definitely no offence taken :D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:35am
old-dog wrote:

Calling Tony a surfer is a bit like calling Middleton a point break. It could be seen as technically correct by some, but far from reality. I lived and breathed surfing for years and became reasonably proficient before I felt comfortable to call myself a "surfer". I guess these days every 9 year old chick with a pink softie in the corner of their bedroom is a surfer. Cheers.

Its an interesting thought, when does one become a surfer.?

Ive seen articles and pics of him surfing proper peeling waves and at proper spots, even a pic of him on an overhead wave and read in an article where he is going for his third surf in a day and surfing pretty much daily while on holidays.

Id say he passes as a surfer but yes 100% a kook.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:31am

Trump vs Biden...Trump was a shoo in

Trump vs Harris or other...unknown

Harris is not that useless...cut n paste for word salad aside, she isn't completely useless.

Trump's vice president pick wasn't that good a choice. Lots the Dems can go after him for and given he is smart...Trump won't like being out politicked.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:46am
Jelly Flater wrote:

;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1u6N7lueM&pp=ygUKb25pb24gY2hlZg%3D%3D

Oh smellycat how you make me laugh . Got the bellyfat getting jiggy with it that one did.

Yes Supa, Kamala may well be up for it after coming out of the shadows of the geriatric thunderbird.

Waxxy our past Prime Minister ate an onion on tv and had cerebral meltdown another time. He ain’t no surfer either. Drop in carrot cake he is.

?si=5d2R88BiuIGgO4cm

?si=HbWnOi5gWgi-nnSl

No peripheral vision. Can’t see left. But she’s (underage) very beautiful and a great surfer. Well spotted devo.

?si=SuTjJTyCtjKEt-lP

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:42am

Thankfully, logic won and Biden is out. I don’t know much about Harris but hopefully she can beat Trump and send him to the history books.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:49am

- haha @seeds, devine poetry with uncle tony
..... the joe / kamala show has been quite the treat for some time.

Akin to seeing a crash, you don't really wanna watch - but can't look away
... & kamala toe will likely provide plenty more entertainment ;)

- it'll be interesting to see how she'll navigate stairs ;);)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 11:52am

Party till we drop! Now and when they die. Ha

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:00pm

- also plenty of time for more prospective backflips ;)
..... sometimes the most unassuming figures can make the seemingly impossible a possibility, in order to survive.

It often comes at a cost, if pushing the boundaries of self preservation
... one of hunter's buddies leading the charge here ;);)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:07pm

At 64 , I think I am developing a lack of peripheral hearing 2 , in bloody salt water .

Like my peripheral sight , it seems 2 move from Left to Right .

I do have a keen sense of what 2 look out 4 , in a surf break .

I reckon Tony deliberately Dropped In , on the photogenic Show Stopper .

He is a polly , wants a cracker , after all and at least it's not a selfie !

Am guessing , Hilary is still wanting the Gig .

Give KH the Clinton blessing now , but get Obama to do the dirty work and replace a black woman with a white woman .

Plan A !

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:06pm

Jelly, that is nuts! Go humans yay! They live among us…. Scary stuff

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:06pm
basesix wrote:

every retard I've ever met in the workplace loves Venn diagrams, mind maps and lotsa different colours in timetables. They think such things unleash special secrets to how the world works, that the rest of us didn't already see. The worst bit is when they Vennsplain their breakthroughs to everyone.

The more unintelligible and spaghetti-like you make it, the more you seem to be the only one understanding it; the more intelligent they think you are.

Some technical analysts will do up there charts like a Christmas tree with every indicator you could possibly imagine, and they end up just as confused/insightful as the bloke in the street or the head of trading at Goldman.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:10pm

...off to the circus ;)

&pp=ygUYa2FtYWxhIHdoZWVscyBvbiB0aGUgYnVz

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:12pm

Oh guys, be kind. A good Venn diagram is a thing to behold.
Exhibit A.
https://www.facebook.com/Channel4/videos/8-out-of-10-cats-does-countdown...

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:15pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
basesix wrote:

every retard I've ever met in the workplace loves Venn diagrams, mind maps and lotsa different colours in timetables. They think such things unleash special secrets to how the world works, that the rest of us didn't already see. The worst bit is when they Vennsplain their breakthroughs to everyone.

The more unintelligible and spaghetti-like you make it, the more you seem to be the only one understanding it; the more intelligent they think you are.

Some technical analysts will do up there charts like a Christmas tree with every indicator you could possibly imagine, and they end up just as confused/insightful as the bloke in the street or the head of trading at Goldman.

Ha, yup, the more limited and simple-minded a person is, the more they feel the need to complicate their myopia and explain it as if complex. Gets a lot of ineffectual clowns into leadership positions.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:27pm

^ ....when the don exclaimed 'fight' it certainly perked up a few nips ;)

- these two below would make a better presidential pairing tho
.....sticking to the task at hand, and finding solutions ;);)

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:24pm

So Joe has not decided to run, a requiem. His team did some very good things, they continued Trumps trade positions (which were a revolutionary slap and needed by a country that had lost 5 million manufacturing jobs), they intensified them and then did some real work to support their own industry, such as giving Intel the helping hand when they fell behind the semiconductor curve, such as the Inflation Reduction Act's making it attractive for the worlds tech/green tech to head to the States, increasing the tariffs to avoid dumping as the Chinese have tried to pivot from RE to exporting excess for growth. I even heard of new steelmills being built in the States, unheard of! Good employment for working people, with much lower house prices than here as they successfully tamed inflation in a way we haven't been able to. Imagine that. The price of this was extra debt, measured in the trillions.

They gathered and collected their allies, very important right now, and much better than pissing them off. They continued the pivot to the Pacific begun under Obama, continued under Trump. They funded against Russian expansion into Europe - why are all conservatives pro-Russia? If you ignore them now, you will have to deal with them later in a much weaker position - or they will deal with you. We're at that stage now, sorry. Other things Biden and team stuffed completely - countries have borders. The woke wars alienate the silent majority. And the 2020 election was very weird in places.

It now looks like Trump will win, and he's ready to reshape those institutions which defied him. A weird isolationism will develop, more bellicose to China and going easier on Russia - while the two work together. How will US allies be treated? A hugely important question as of the enormous rearmament going on in the former Soviet nations and their allies.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:28pm

Hey Base 6

The bloody Venn !

My life seems to have revolved around an Era of Venn's .

When asked a question like " what happens Venn " , a new Venn needs to appear .

There HAS 2 always be a possible answer and things can be explained to the Vennith degree .

Then Outcomes are Vennified .

Anything from a Crash to a Bull market , could , be a Venntuality .

Men thinking they can Run ( Venn ) the world and ALL the species that inhabit it .

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:30pm

A strategic masterstroke from the Dems - goading Trump into the early debate. For a self proclaimed think outside the box genius - he now looks like the easiest of marks.

Should now be sharpening his dagger in preparation to strike the killer blow, in the upcoming first presidential debate with an exponentially worse version of Biden as his opponent. An unassailable post convention Biden. And preparing the Big Macs and 1.25 litre bottles of Coke in readiness to celebrate taking it all. College, House, Senate, Governors Mansions.

Gone from marching through Belgium to having to dig in and fight in the trenches. Facing off against a much younger, cashed up and energised opponent with the full backing of the Democratic war machine.

Someone from the Dems knows how to spin a wicked web, and lead a sucker down the garden path.

‘In there…’

?si=uW4DNyU9X8wYhg_l

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:35pm

e-commerce + Venn diagrams + flow charts = e-ven-flow..
grungy 90s rock n roll swindlers saw new-wave corpo-speak coming @PopD!

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:45pm

Roker

Cashed up Kamala , not sure about that .

Biden raised diddly squat !

Let's C what the Big Donors do , C if they like KM .

Withholding money , will suck the life out of Harris and give the Clinton's their Excuse , perhaps ?

Guessing they think that voters won't like another 4 years of Biden?/Harris and want someone untarnished .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:46pm

- @b6, haha very good, you certainly have a knack
..... here's hoping kamala toe can grow knackers and discover her venn diaphragm ;)

&pp=ygUOdGhyb2F0IHNpbmdpbmc%3D

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 12:53pm

@VJ asked "why are all conservatives pro-Russia? "
Great question.
Why?
Maybe not all the GOP, but it's had me puzzled since Trump won the first time.
Maybe some of our resident conservatives can enlighten us.
@Indo??
Maybe @Sypkan? (not a conservative, but cluey about such things)

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:01pm
Pop Down wrote:

Roker

Cashed up Kamala , not sure about that .

Biden raised diddly squat !

Let's C what the Big Donors do , C if they like KM .

Withholding money , will suck the life out of Harris and give the Clinton's their Excuse , perhaps ?

Guessing they think that voters won't like another 4 years of Biden?/Harris and want someone untarnished .

@PopDown, I'm reading she's raised about $100M in the last 24hrs.
I don't think money is going to be a problem for her.
And forget about Hilary, sheesh.
A bit like your man crush on Tony Abbott.
Way off.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:18pm

"why are all conservatives pro-Russia?"

- it is a great question @vj, and a good summary too
.....@adam12 .....being a resident, not a conservative, I'd suggest that (regardless of russia's current ukraine expedition) ppl unconsciously have a skerrick of respect and acknowledgement for the approx 27 million russians that were lost in their ww2 effort. It wasn't the lynchpin of the entire conflict but it could be argued that our ally at the time saved europe.....

And maybe this is a stretch, but when looking at the big picture, russia is legit - and has power, influence and a proud history we often ignore at the expense of paranoid marxist/ communist hysteria etc

- but dunno if this comes into things when being pro russia from a modern conservative viewpoint ;)

One thing is sure - russia isn't wilting, as much as what has tried to be sold ;)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:17pm

My guess would be that they see the situation in the cold light of day.
Putin and the Russian elite have made it very well known they will not accept any NATO members on their border ever, even if they have to resort to nuclear weapons. This has been the case since end of Cold War.
Neo-cons playing a dangerous game.
Not commenting on the ethics or morals, just the reality. Get rid of Putin and whoever takes his place will have the same position.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:32pm

^^^

something I've thought a lot about...

(not deep thought... more, my gawwwd this shit is weird...)

another chapter in roker's topsy turvy world descriptions

not that long ago, 'the commies' loved russia... and the conservatives were all reds under the beds...

fark, I believe bernie even went to russia to get married, or his honeymoon, or something...

my take - aside from the enemy of my enemy is my friend - is trump is anti-interventionist...

ie. leave 'shitholes' to sort their own shit out

and - once again roker's topsy turvy world shows it's face - it seems trump's anti-interventionist stance, equates to accepting the new 'multi-polar world', ...throwing the world cop, american exceptionalism model to the wolves...

it kinda worked re. syria, ...russia cleaned that mess up quick smart, where hilary was lining up another forever war...

tulsi gabbard, dean phillips, (both ex-military), others, even bernie sanders have gone hard with this anti-interventionist mindset, that is now pretty much republican policy...

short version: dems are now the party of the MIC, intelligence community megastructure...

another observation and topsy turvy development many people across the political spectrum have noticed...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:28pm

I thought they did have NATO members on their borders andy-mac? Finland, Norway, Estonia, Latvia?

And yes Jelly, Russia are strong. It really is going back to great power competition, there have been times when Russia/France/Germany/Rome etc have dominated Europe. In this case, strategy will revert to what worked then.

Now if Trump leaves NATO, that leaves Europe to fend for itself and... um... well, there's two strong powers there, France and the UK. Russia has already delivered France a wedgie in it's African colonies in the last 2 years. It's great power competition again, I stress to you. Both France and the UK have independent nuclear deterrents. The rest of Europe has been enjoying the peace dividend a bit, but is now awake. They are rearming.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:29pm

- honesty and integrity?
..... geez, the cackling dingus is gonna easily match don for politicial potential when it comes to authenticity and steaming bs ;)

&pp=ygUPa2FtYWxhIGxhdWdoaW5n

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:36pm

and running with roker's topsy turvy world theme...

the dems have gone from 'defund the police' ACAB...

republicans tough on crime...

to...

we now have tough cop Kamala...

and republicans have a 'bad ass' gangsta prez (bad-arse from zucker) who is appealing to the black community...

(possibly victims of cop kamala's 'school to prison' policies)

crazy times

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:34pm
andy-mac wrote:

My guess would be that they see the situation in the cold light of day.
Putin and the Russian elite have made it very well known they will not accept any NATO members on their border ever, even if they have to resort to nuclear weapons. This has been the case since end of Cold War.
Neo-cons playing a dangerous game.
Not commenting on the ethics or morals, just the reality. Get rid of Putin and whoever takes his place will have the same position.

yep

the current position...

is an un-winnable no end game

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:44pm

So what happens to Australia in a US withdrawal from global engagements? All depends on the China strategy Trump pursues. To lose the great big island that separates Pacific and Indian Oceans, would cede much of the globe from American to let's just say 'Authoritarian' power. I think the US will actually intensify deployments and focus here.

And if Australia was left alone in this new world: we need a bigger fleet. Much bigger. We are an island power, like the UK/England and Japan. The histories of those two nations should guide us, only we also have enormous space and resources. When England rose from being a middle power (1588 - defeating the huge Spanish invasion fleet) it then used that technology of maritime navigation and power projection to control the world's oceans, delivering the 'Pax Britannica' after 1815 and overseeing the greatest period of free global trade and peace on the oceans, and economic growth, ever seen. The moment Japan rose to become a force to be reckoned with was defeating the Russian fleet at Tsushima in 1905 - the culmination of 40 years of focussed industrial catchup (and admittedly Admiral Rozhestvensky's impossible task and incredibly bad luck). Australia is an island power. Also: if we are alone for now, nuclear deterrent pronto, if we want to remain sovereign.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:42pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

So what happens to Australia in a US withdrawal from global engagements? All depends on the China strategy Trump pursues. To lose the great big island that separates Pacific and Indian Oceans, would cede much of the globe from American to let's just say 'Authoritarian' power. I think the US will actually intensify deployments and focus here.

And if Australia was left alone in this new world: we need a bigger fleet. Much bigger. We are an island power, like the UK/England and Japan. The histories of those two nations should guide us, only we also have enormous space and resources. When England rose from being a middle power (1588 - defeating the huge Spanish invasion fleet) it then used that technology of maritime navigation and power projection to control the world's oceans, delivering the 'Pax Britannica' after 1815 and overseeing the greatest period of free global trade and peace on the oceans, and economic growth, ever seen. Australia is an island power. Also: if we are alone for now, nuclear deterrent pronto, if we want to remain sovereign.

Doesn't the USA need Australia for Pine Gap and other necessary spy infrastructure?
Can they replace that?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:46pm

well, luckily for us...

the general consensus amongst MAGA gop... is that china is the real threat...

a position I tend to agree with

you'd know better than me vj, but from the stuff I read, they're building subs, ships, and shit at a far greater pace than russia...

their sheer size, population determination, low wages, authoritarianism, $$$ allows for this...

they just be sitting back smiling I reckon

and, aside from ideological similarities... they are traditionally not really that chumming with russia...

they're playing everyone!

5D chess

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:44pm

@Andy-Mac:
“Putin and the Russian elite have made it very well known they will not accept any NATO members on their border ever, even if they have to resort to nuclear weapons. This has been the case since end of Cold War.”

Russia is bordered by Norway, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland. All of whom are NATO states.

@JF
“ I'd suggest that (regardless of russia's current ukraine expedition) ppl unconsciously have a skerrick of respect and acknowledgement for the approx 27 million russians that were lost in their ww2 effort.”

You might want to read up on those figures. Those are the USSR’s combined civilian and military figures. Not Russia’s.
Tragic. The military losses for Russia were about 5.7million. Ukraine’s military about 1.3 million.
The civilian losses, a result of forced labour, starvation, executions and genocide, far outstripped military, were most deeply felt in the occupied territories such as Belarus, the Causcasus and … Ukraine.

So, is it OK to overlook Ukraine’s losses during WW2 along with their disproportionate burden of civilian casualties?

Not to take away from the sheer enormity of the losses - but it plays to a certain national chauvinism for Russia to claim those losses as some kind of forward payment for their own geopolitical follies.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:51pm
blackers wrote:

Oh guys, be kind. A good Venn diagram is a thing to behold.
Exhibit A.
https://www.facebook.com/Channel4/videos/8-out-of-10-cats-does-countdown...

haha, I'll pay that last Venn... as someone who indulges in droll quick wit british banter as a night cap (wilty, qi, etc), I find Jimmy Carr as funny as a dirty chainsaw in a rainforest.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:46pm
adam12 wrote:

@VJ asked "why are all conservatives pro-Russia? "
Great question.
Why?
Maybe not all the GOP, but it's had me puzzled since Trump won the first time.
Maybe some of our resident conservatives can enlighten us.
@Indo??
Maybe @Sypkan? (not a conservative, but cluey about such things)

Strong religious stream in the Republican Party can’t be ignored. To some, Putin is a strong Christian fighter who defeated sickening woke, lgbtq and other promiscuous (whatever that might be) powers. I don’t think that people fully understand how extremely religious some of these politicians are.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:59pm

Crazy times indeed and I will ditch Hillary , as have never like her , Adam 12 .

My man crush on Tony , stands steadfast .

I think that Kamala , deserves to be listened to , in a New Light .

Some people thrive , as Top Dog !

Think Thatcher !

She sure is the underdog !

Like a Dark Golden Retriever , going Up against a fired up Pitt Bull !

If she survives the debates in tact , perhaps IS the best to limit the damage Trump will cause at the Election .

She might even bite Trumps big bum , a few times .

Turn out a real , terror terrier !

I would like 2C that !

He would like it 2 imho .

edit

The War Mongers love Europe !

Even when the place is Peaceful , is where All the Big NATO money gets spent .

So they love to hate an Enemy , the Russians / Commies , are perfect .

Reagan and Gorby , stuffed up their business .

Trump winning , Russia's Fault , was perfect 4 them .

Not sure why France , Germany and the UK are so Pro Fighting atm .

I am really hoping , Russia will Stop Fighting , NATO will stop 2 , with Trump saying , Enough is enough !

A Leader of the US that is considered Strong , will carry a HUGE Stick .

We have seen nothing like it , in decades .

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:50pm

Their pace is incredible Sypkan. The US has just worked out China has either 100 or 200 times the shipyard capacity, can't remember which. Logistics win fights, you need all the transport ships...

Their type 55 Destroyer is pretty big and powerful too, check that one out, lots and lots of missiles, and it is missile depth that will win exchanges.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:51pm

- good points if u wish to break it down like that el pirate
Things do change - are we the british empire.... or straya ;)

It's like our own national chauvinism
- remember when we 'liberated' iraq ;)

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:49pm
andy-mac wrote:

Doesn't the USA need Australia for Pine Gap and other necessary spy infrastructure?
Can they replace that?

One of the reasons I think they will intensify here.

Weird thought for the day, maybe Russia really will save Europe, like they did before? ("Save" is relative, ask the German women post WW2...) Would they stop levels of immigration that will see indigenous Europeans minorities in their own homelands in the intermediate future? A bit controversial, but UN rules include something like 'every people have a right to exist'.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:51pm
etarip wrote:

@Andy-Mac:
“Putin and the Russian elite have made it very well known they will not accept any NATO members on their border ever, even if they have to resort to nuclear weapons. This has been the case since end of Cold War.”

Russia is bordered by Norway, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Finland. All of whom are NATO states.

@JF
“ I'd suggest that (regardless of russia's current ukraine expedition) ppl unconsciously have a skerrick of respect and acknowledgement for the approx 27 million russians that were lost in their ww2 effort.”

You might want to read up on those figures. Those are the USSR’s combined civilian and military figures. Not Russia’s.
Tragic. The military losses for Russia were about 5.7million. Ukraine’s military about 1.3 million.
The civilian losses, a result of forced labour, starvation, executions and genocide, far outstripped military, were most deeply felt in the occupied territories such as Belarus, the Causcasus and … Ukraine.

So, is it OK to overlook Ukraine’s losses during WW2 along with their disproportionate burden of civilian casualties?

Not to take away from the sheer enormity of the losses - but it plays to a certain national chauvinism for Russia to claim those losses as some kind of forward payment for their own geopolitical follies.

Balanced response.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:53pm

I don't think trump will actually leave NATO....

he just plays a (dangerous) bargaining chip game

that so far, has worked...

well...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:53pm

@flollo

"Strong religious stream in the Republican Party can’t be ignored. To some, Putin is a strong Christian fighter who defeated sickening woke, lgbtq and other promiscuous (whatever that might be) powers. I don’t think that people fully understand how extremely religious some of these politicians are."

^ excellent ;)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:53pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Their pace is incredible Sypkan. The US has just worked out China has either 100 or 200 times the shipyard capacity, can't remember which. Logistics win fights, you need all the transport ships...

Their type 55 Destroyer is pretty big and powerful too, check that one out, lots and lots of missiles, and it is missile depth that will win exchanges.

It's 1984 and young kids all over are plugging in Pac-Man, except for young VJ who refuses to pack up his Battleship boardgame.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 1:56pm

;)

&pp=ygULYmF0dGxlc2hpdHM%3D

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 2:11pm

Hey JF

Battle shits was really a crappy and disgusting video .

I had my sound turned Up ffs !

Battle scarred and soiled , as a result .

That shit should have had a warning imho !

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 23 Jul 2024 at 2:12pm

- war is messy
...when u pop down the brown bombers ;)