The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 11:57am
burleigh wrote:

MAGA - Trump a true legend of his time. The way he stood up and raised his fist after being shot in the ear gave me goose bumps. I wish i could vote for him.

You can! Flight to Mexico, walk over the border. There's still time!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 12:08pm
stunet wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:

Say what you want about Trump but Pretty visually impressive effort to get up off the ground with his fist up in defiance.
It’s the attitude you want a leader to portray.

I just found out Teddy Roosevelt was shot while on a lectern yet still finished the speech.

And the speech was 90 minutes long!

"Schrank's bullet lodged in Roosevelt's chest after penetrating Roosevelt's steel eyeglass case and passing through a 50 page thick (single-folded) copy of his speech titled "Progressive Cause Greater Than Any Individual", which he was carrying in his jacket pocket. Schrank was immediately disarmed and captured; he might have been lynched had Roosevelt not shouted for Schrank to remain unharmed. Roosevelt assured the crowd he was all right, then ordered police to take charge of Schrank and to make sure no violence was done to him."

massive cojones on that man:

https://www.nps.gov/thrb/learn/historyculture/tr-rr-spanamwar.htm

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 1:38pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
burleigh wrote:

MAGA - Trump a true legend of his time. The way he stood up and raised his fist after being shot in the ear gave me goose bumps. I wish i could vote for him.

Jeez Burls , you’re really ticking a few boxes. Do you work off a checklist?
I mean Trump, Covid conspiracy theories, general anti-VAX theories, Malcolm Roberts, #Wellness with bone broth and manuka honey - you’re really all in aren’t you?

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 1:50pm

The good old U.S. of A. In my lifetime its image has gone from clean cut "rock bands" in suits and ties, Happy Days sitcoms, wholesome Brady bunch style suburban living and naive Endless Summer type humor. Now it's all about inbred, redneck, gun loving Trump losers living in trailer parks, black gangs doing drug deals in their hoods and kill or be killed, every rat for himself, dog eat dog violence.
However, I still believe the vast majority are good hard working honest folk living in the greatest democracy on earth. "So, what kind of American are you?"
If burls lived in America, he would own several automatic assault weapons and drive a Ram pickup with big horns on the front bumper, flags on the roof and fuck the police and the guvermunt stickers all over the back window.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 1:56pm
AndyM wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
burleigh wrote:

I mean Trump, Covid conspiracy theories, general anti-VAX theories, Malcolm Roberts, #Wellness with bone broth and manuka honey - you’re really all in aren’t you?

1: I like Trump. as do hundreds of millions of others.
2: It's not conspiracies if they are true
3: Yes, question everything. Tell me how many vaccines do new born babies get at the same time?
4: Malcom Roberts is alright
5: Never had bone broth but it sounds yuck
6: No idea what Manuka honey is

You got 4 out of 6 right

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 1:57pm
old-dog wrote:

The good old U.S. of A. In my lifetime its image has gone from clean cut "rock bands" in suits and ties, Happy Days sitcoms, wholesome Brady bunch style suburban living and naive Endless Summer type humor. Now it's all about inbred, redneck, gun loving Trump losers living in trailer parks, black gangs doing drug deals in their hoods and kill or be killed, every rat for himself, dog eat dog violence.
However, I still believe the vast majority are good hard working honest folk living in the greatest democracy on earth. "So, what kind of American are you?"
If burls lived in America, he would own several automatic assault weapons and drive a Ram pickup with big horns on the front bumper, flags on the roof and fuck the police and the guvermunt stickers all over the back window.

hahahaha what the fuck?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 2:11pm

Their sense of humour is still top notch

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 2:12pm
velocityjohnno wrote:
burleigh wrote:

there is still time...

literally!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 2:19pm

could even get some sponsored mexico surf time in...

I hear mexico's no bali... but I'm thinking $1500 a month would see you through...

(might have to cut it short around January though...)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 2:19pm
sypkan wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
burleigh wrote:

there is still time...

literally!

Might be an opportunity for spud & big tony .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 2:21pm

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:03pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Reflecting on the mad imagery of last night, I'll put this out there for discussion

The pic with Trump under the security team's cover, under the US flag, wounded and shaking his fist in the air had real Iwo Jima vibes to it, incredible photo. It's one of the most remarkable political pics I can think of and will probably end up being a historic shot. The US flag, in that perspective, is upside down which adds extra drama to the photo given the meaning.

Trump has survived, and barely so. One of those moments in history where the future hangs on the balance of a blade. I wonder what events it will set in path? He's already mentioned he's changed his Milwaukee final speech, maybe toning down the vitriol.

I cannot see how he can lose at this moment. It's like he's faced the fire in a terrible rite of passage and survived. His resolve will be righteous. Cue the old 'God Emperor' memes.

We watchd the snipers' response many times. Were they caught off guard? I assume the spotter was standing taller, did he have to adjust his sights once shots were heard? And how did that building, outside the speech area, with a clear view and higher aspect, get overlooked?

Maybe Clint Eastwood will come out of retirement and make a move about it. In the Line of Fire meets American Sniper meets Flags of our Fathers (n.b. don’t leave before closing credits)?

Daughter in Law’s down for the God Emperor deal.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:16pm
Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:26pm

Speaking of mad images. Assuming it’s legit. Appears to be.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:21pm
Roker wrote:

Speaking of mad imagery. Assuming it’s legit. Appears to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9Ytb3oNH1f/?igsh=Z282b3lsMWdxNTMz

That’s pretty wild eh

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:30pm

'...We watchd the snipers' response many times. Were they caught off guard? I assume the spotter was standing taller, did he have to adjust his sights once shots were heard? And how did that building, outside the speech area, with a clear view and higher aspect, get overlooked?..."

apparently he had shooter in his sights for 3 mins waiting for approval...

now SS blaming local cops...

team trump blaming DEI hire...

(Biden hire... DEI... former head of pepsico. (that's some high level quals.!))

DEI hire... hiring DEI hires... putting 5 ft. garden gnome newbies on front line?

keystone cops do SS...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:37pm
Tick's picture
Tick's picture
Tick Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:53pm

“A lot of people say it’s the most iconic photo they’ve ever seen,” he told New York Post. It's always a lot of people say...

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 3:55pm

Far out udo how do you find this stuff lol ;)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:15pm
udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9aGN-BOUJ3/

What a clown this guy is. I’m a retired green beret, trust me…

An inside job?and they send a loser child with nfi how to shoot?

It was just incompetence from multiple departments and not much else.

Whacko conspiracy theorists are have the time of their lives now.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:22pm
Roadkill wrote:
udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9aGN-BOUJ3/

What a clown this guy is. I’m a retired green beret, trust me…

An inside job?and they send a loser child with nfi how to shoot?

It was just incompetence from multiple departments and not much else.

Whacko conspiracy theorists are have the time of their lives now.

Don't fall over, but i agree. Incompetent security. Why would they not have drone surveillance over one of the most wanted targets in the USA.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:28pm

He he...check out his latest Insta Post...

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:52pm

Roady

I can remember how U deal with , what U think are Conspiracy's .

During Covid , U went 4 the so called Science at the time and not incompetence !

How can a Snipers heaven , 150 meters from the lecture , be left unguarded , when Truman was going speak ?

So every dept missed Sniper's nirvana , waited eons before reacting to warnings he was there and waited for the shooting to start , before taking the Adult out ?

I have already said , Trump should sack his own Head of Security , 4 this .

But U know better than a highly trained sniper , that this Miss could be put down to the incompetence of So many .

From 150 meters , even an Adult with no training , could hit Trump with a Snipers rifle .

In most cases of a stuff up , I do go for incompetence over a Plan .

Not when the stakes are this High though , not when so many powerful people want Trump to be not able to run for a Second Term !

Look at the lengths they went to , to stuff Up his First Term .

Look at the lengths they have gone to , to stop him running , this time .

After the Supreme Court ruling , this was their last Option , to stop Trump being the President and stuffing Up their lovely Schemes !

So in your view , a child , found the Perfect chance to kill Trump , all by himself , while playing computer games .

The people who organise Suicide Bombers , use young people who have NFI !

It sure looks like the same , to me .

Unlike Covid , I am guessing you are in the minority , this time .

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:37pm

At least it's pretty safe to assume the shooter was not from Seal Team 6.

juegasiempre's picture
juegasiempre's picture
juegasiempre Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:53pm

The shooter really should've practised a bit more if he wanted to do the job. From a prone position, any half trained soldier would hit a Trump sized target all day long up-to 300m easily with an M4, which a AR pretty much is.

I thought Trump would win and now I'm even more confident that he will.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 4:57pm
tubeshooter wrote:

At least it's pretty safe to assume the shooter was not from Seal Team 6.

Ha ha. Very funny. Sonya Sotomayor owes you a beer. The best cold beer.

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 5:05pm
old-dog wrote:

That last line aptly desribes an ex girlfriend, Old Dog. Lol

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 5:10pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:
burleigh wrote:

1: I like Trump. as do hundreds of millions of others.
2: It's not conspiracies if they are true
3: Yes, question everything. Tell me how many vaccines do new born babies get at the same time?
4: Malcom Roberts is alright
5: Never had bone broth but it sounds yuck
6: No idea what Manuka honey is

You got 4 out of 6 right

Never try bone broth, Burls. Not even outta curiosity. It is even yuckier than you imagine.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:07pm
Pop Down wrote:

Roady

During Covid , U went 4 the so called Science at the time and not incompetence !

How can a Snipers heaven , 150 meters from the lecture , be left unguarded , when Truman was going speak ?

So every dept missed Sniper's nirvana , waited eons before reacting to warnings he was there and waited for the shooting to start , before taking the Adult out ?

But U know better than a highly trained sniper , that this Miss could be put down to the incompetence of So many .

From 150 meters , even an Adult with no training , could hit Trump with a Snipers rifle .

Not when the stakes are this High though , not when so many powerful people want Trump to be not able to run for a Second Term !

After the Supreme Court ruling , this was their last Option , to stop Trump being the President and stuffing Up their lovely Schemes !

So in your view , a child , found the Perfect chance to kill Trump , all by himself , while playing computer games .

If it was a set up, why use kid that cannot shoot?
Whole thing is weird....

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:15pm

it's obvious.. pay a kid to sit on a roof, tell him to shoot at nothing.. when he's arrested, they say they'll protect and look after him, he'll be famous and they'll give him lotsa money. Trump hits a blood pack to his ear with his mad telly skills, and the feds kill the loose end. writes itself..
Just ordered my "Let me get my shoes" t-shirt... because, isn't it about time WE DEMANDED that THEY let us ALL get our shoes???

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:22pm

What about the dead guy with his brains blown out and the injured person. Crisis actors? Thought that was more a Dems thing.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:27pm

cgi

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:27pm
Pop Down wrote:

Roady

Speaking of NFI…^^^

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:32pm

Both of the Kennedy assassinations, in fact any of the 1960s events, have stench on them. We all know we've never been given the whole or real story, so we insert our narratives. Most assassination attempts however, in this country anyway, historically, have been single shooters with unresolved and deep psychological issues. Politics is actually not a motive at all, for some. I am real comfortable on this one with believing this kid fits that profile, although, with him, it does seem political. His politics, what very little we know, are ambiguous, but i am seeing a bullied kid who was seeking to belong somewhere with someone and was reaching to politics to find it. Note to all... politics and arenas like it require us to bring our whole selves. Not the places to look for that. Anyways, it's likely we will always have questions about him that remain unanswered.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:46pm

A retired fire fighter died, and 2 more are critical, taking bullets intended for Trump. You would think trump would IMMEDIATELY go visit the families, pray behind closed doors, but he was too busy this morning playing golf, tellling reporters he's chosen by god, and selling t shirts.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:49pm

Wax24, what’s the words you are hearing? Is Trump now a shoo in for President?

I’ve listened to a few left leaning podcasts with clearly Democratic supporters and a few right leaning podcasts with Republican supporters but can’t find any middle of the road podcasts. It’s all just extremes on either side. Is there a large middle ground in the US?

Would be interested if you think things can get better if opposing sides can’t look at themselves as being part of the problem? Both Dems and Republicans need to acknowledge their language and inflammatory rhetoric before things can get better?

Can Trump bring your country together and govern for all?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:50pm
Sheepdog wrote:

A retired fire fighter died, and 2 more are critical, taking bullets intended for Trump. You would think trump would IMMEDIATELY go visit the families, pray behind closed doors, but he was too busy this morning playing golf, tellling reporters he's chosen by god, and selling t shirts.

The guy is an arse hole no matter what ya politics are ...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:51pm
Sheepdog wrote:

100% correct.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:54pm
andy-mac wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

The guy is an arse hole no matter what ya politics are ...

He didn’t care when the Capitol was invaded at his indirect call..it’s collateral damage in his sphere.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:57pm
basesix wrote:

it's obvious.. pay a kid to sit on a roof, tell him to shoot at nothing.. when he's arrested, they say they'll protect and look after him, he'll be famous and they'll give him lotsa money. Trump hits a blood pack to his ear with his mad telly skills, and the feds kill the loose end. writes itself..
Just ordered my "Let me get my shoes" t-shirt... because, isn't it about time WE DEMANDED that THEY let us ALL get our shoes???

Ya reckon??

Dunno.

Occams razor is probably best explanation and was just security slip and kid was nuts.
Remember when Chaser got through all the Apec security with one of em dressed as Osama.

This popped up, so some close to Trump will no doubt believe it an inside job to take him out, or if it was a Trump set up in first place like base6 mentioned.

We will probably never know and everyone will have their own truth...

https://m.

&pp=ygUYamltbXkgZG9yZSBjYW5kYWNlIG93ZW5z

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 6:57pm

Bit of a musical interlude.

?si=cOH27FAty1HmwO1N

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:02pm

I confess. I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:05pm
andy-mac][quote=basesix wrote:

Ya reckon??

ha, nup, I forgot to employ the facetious font.. my only opinion is to agree with sheepdog, and tbb's comments about the female security guard.. thanking her too would have shown a generosity of spirit and a humility that would have made me take an interest.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:07pm
andy-mac wrote:
basesix wrote:

Ya reckon??

ha, nup, I forgot to employ the facetious font.. my only opinion is to agree with sheepdog, and tbb's comments about the female security guard.. thanking her too would have shown a generosity of spirit and a humility that would have made me take an interest.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:06pm

Oswald killed JFK. Just like the Warren Commission said he did and the way Arlen Spector described it.

Talking about the power of political images, Oliver Stone's JFK has to be one of the most insidious films ever made.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:19pm

Heres a crazy conspiracy theory.

Some dude wants Trump dead, he knows he wont survive but happy to be remembered as the guy that shot Trump, he gets lucky with lapse security takes a few shots and just misses, gets shot dead.

Thats it

And if he had known, it would backfire and Trump survives and possibly only increased his chances of getting elected, im betting he would never have attempted it.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 7:30pm

Far out and some of you think Burleigh is a conspiracy theorist lol ;)

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 8:11pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Sure about that?
https://www.timesnownews.com/world/us/us-news/did-trump-play-golf-in-bed...

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 8:51pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Heres a crazy conspiracy theory.

Some dude wants Trump dead, he knows he wont survive but happy to be remembered as the guy that shot Trump, he gets lucky with lapse security takes a few shots and just misses, gets shot dead.

Thats it

And if he had known, it would backfire and Trump survives and possibly only increased his chances of getting elected, im betting he would never have attempted it.

Not often I agree with Indo but he’s nailed it.
This situation is a conspiracy theorists dream scenario. The little hamster wheels in their heads would be red-lining at the moment. Furiously googling, researching, YouTubing…

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 15 Jul 2024 at 9:07pm
udo wrote:

He he...check out his latest Insta Post...

Oh jeeze.
Lady spotter in the crowd…signalling the second shooter…not freaking out…planned attack…deep state wanting to kill Trump.

The guy is cooked.