The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 2:02pm

Sorry to Pop in BUT -

“Believe me my young friend, there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”

Not trying to compare either of U2 to Mole and Ratty ( Native varieties of course ) but I think U get , what Ratty is getting at , really well ( so much better than me ) .

AW - 3671 km , just knowing that u know that extra 1km , tells me a bit more about u , I think haha lol .

U2 seem to be Fun(gi) Guys ( dad joke alert ) ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 5:12pm
Rabbits68 wrote:

Make of this what you will...

I listened to this today on Spotify.

I dont mind Douglas Murray but i could see how people wouldn't like or agree with him or just how he comes across, and from everyone ive listened too around this topic only Ben Shapiro is more full on.

Sam's interesting he is probably as centred between left and right as you can get.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 5:23pm

I thought it was spot on. Douglass Murray suffers no fools. His points on colonisation hypocrisy madness was on point.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 6:24pm

…hypocrisy madness indeed ;)

https://m.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 6:37pm

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 6:49pm

…make of this what you will ;);)

- ‘Gaza will become a place where no human beings can exist’.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 6:50pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 6:57pm
bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:01pm
andy-mac wrote:
bonza wrote:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/05/gaza-palestinians-torture...

Think it is safe to say there are absolute carnts on both sides of this conflict.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/15/biden-in-a-bind-as-netanha...

If you are trying to equate Israel actions to Hamas then you are seriously misinformed.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:06pm
bonza wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
bonza wrote:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/05/gaza-palestinians-torture...

Think it is safe to say there are absolute carnts on both sides of this conflict.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/15/biden-in-a-bind-as-netanha...

If you are trying to equate Israel actions to Hamas then you are seriously misinformed.

No just pointing out their are nasty evil pricks on both sides ...
No goodies here mate....

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:11pm

… seriously misinformed idf values ;)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:13pm

Andy with respect I think that’s a cop out and doesn’t really make sense. Yes of course there are blood thirsty angry karnts and yes murderers in the Israel community that are or have committed crimes. They should be dealt with by the law and the Israel
Justice system which replicates ours in the west. Do you think there are no goodies on the Palestinian side?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:17pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

… seriously misinformed idf values ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx8cCvvVGQc

Cool can you show me the idf vids ones where they do what Hamas did in October? You know the things I can’t say because it’s PG rated here but it’s all the things a-number of people within a couple of days of October 7 were posting you tube links that said was all lies.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:20pm

Haha ;)
- ‘Israel justice system’ ;);)

Do you think netanyahu is a goodie ?
- wonder why he’s trying to dodge corruption charges…

It’s all legit tho ;)
- Israel justice system …wahaha …misinformed much ??

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:24pm

Ok jelly.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:25pm
bonza wrote:

Andy with respect I think that’s a cop out and doesn’t really make sense. Yes of course there are blood thirsty angry karnts and yes murderers in the Israel community that are or have committed crimes. They should be dealt with by the law and the Israel
Justice system which replicates ours in the west. Do you think there are no goodies on the Palestinian side?

I am saying that until moderates on each side as unrealistic as it sounds start concrete steps to stopping the bloodshed, this war and others will just continue.
Yep get rid of Hamas, but also the present Israeli PM and govt who it seems as the article I posted not prepared to negotiate a 2 state solution and it seems is going for the genocide of the Palistineans out of Gaza and West Bank. Some have openly stated this.
The USA is supplying the armaments as well as other western countries, they are the one that have the influence but at this stage the say they want peace while selling shit loads of instruments of death to the Israeli's.
All bs talk with no action towards a peaceful solution.
How many innocent deaths are acceptable? 20 thousand, 50 thousand, 100 thousand???
What do they mean when they have successfully defeated Hamas? Seriously what does that look like with present situation?

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:43pm

‘Cool can you show me the idf vids ones where they do what Hamas did in October?’

- so equating actions is just a thing u do to suit your bonza bias ? ;)
And the horrors of the actions of hamas justifies the systematic slaughter of 10 times the ppl in revenge ?

…. Ok bonza ;)
- not sure you can accuse others of not making sense ;);)

How come you keep ignoring the violations of international law ?
- illegal west bank settlements…
- white phosphorus used on civilians…
- continued denial of water, food, electricity and medicine…
- killing of journalists, children, women and aid workers…

^^^ all blatant and obvious.

The world is under the jurisdiction of international law, not the ‘Israel justice system’…

Yet you wanna try go all pg rated ;)
- you’re clutching at straws again.

… is netanyahu a goodie ?
And do u agree with what this lady says at 1:05 minute mark of this vid ?
- is she making sense ?

;);)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:47pm

@andy-mac firstly there are no moderates in Hamas. Crazy talk. And has been pointed out previously Hamas was Voted in by the Palestinians back in 2004/5. It’s also been discussed how much support (the jelly elephant law) the Palestinians carry or sympathise with Hamas. That’s not encouraging if you’re a Jew. So there’s that.
The Israeli PM and government are gone. It’s only a matter of time. They will be voted out. That’s also clear. They screwed up and they are corrupt.
It’s not Israel who have repeatedly knocked back peace resolutions. Multiple offers of a 2 state solution rejected and sabotaged.

Again it’s all in the thread.

I don’t know what the answer is but I know if Hamas based on their charter continue to exist will do everything they can to murder any and every Jew they can get their hands on.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:50pm

‘ They screwed up and they are corrupt.’
- but we should support what they are doing in gaza ;)

Ok bonza.
- you’ve made enough sense ;);)

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:56pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

‘ They screwed up and they are corrupt.’
- but we should support what they are doing in gaza ;)

Ok bonza.
- you’ve made enough sense ;);)

Yes of course you’re right. Turn the other cheek.

“The leaders of the occupation should know, Oct. 7 was just a rehearsal,” stated Sinwar,

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 7:57pm
bonza wrote:

@andy-mac firstly there are no moderates in Hamas. Crazy talk. And has been pointed out previously Hamas was Voted in by the Palestinians back in 2004/5. It’s also been discussed how much support (the jelly elephant law) the Palestinians carry or sympathise with Hamas. That’s not encouraging if you’re a Jew. So there’s that.
The Israeli PM and government are gone. It’s only a matter of time. They will be voted out. That’s also clear. They screwed up and they are corrupt.
It’s not Israel who have repeatedly knocked back peace resolutions. Multiple offers of a 2 state solution rejected and sabotaged.

Again it’s all in the thread.

I don’t know what the answer is but I know Hamas based on their charge continue to exist will do everything they can to murder any and every Jew they get their hands on.

Who actively encouraged the formation of Hamas to weaken the PLO?
And no where did I say there are moderates in Hamas. Don't change what I have written.
Many 2 state solutions sabotaged but not just by Palestinians, many not really that fair. Believe there was an Israeli PM assassinated by a fundamentalists Jew at one stage.
So if cannot negotiate with anyone from Gaza, what's the solution? Kill and displacement of whole population? Again how many deaths are acceptable to you?
Fark if ya reckon this ongoing killing is going to help Israel and Israeli's in the longer term as a state and people in my view you are very misguided.
I am only thankful it hasn't blown up into a total regional war.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:02pm

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:04pm

@andy/mac Well you kinda insinuated that there were moderates in Hamas. But fine I’m glad you agree they don’t exist. I’m also thankful it hasn’t blown up too. Zero deaths are acceptable to me. ZERO unless they are Hamas fighters or supporters. I blame Hamas For each and every one.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:06pm

Peace loving Hamas exporting terrorism to the world.

It’s all Israel’s fault because they bombed Gaza and created terrorists…apparently, according to the smartest brains around.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/copenhagen-police-danish-intelligen...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:10pm

Hooray for moderates !!

;);)

&pp=ygUOZWxlcGhhbnQgZnVubnk%3D

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:14pm

It’s getting near to Andybutbutbut pulling the victim card…he hates being given the truth.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:17pm

100% truth, bonza. Hamas is 100% responsible for every death in Gaza and further afield…in this current escalation of their silly little jihad.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:18pm

U can fark off now dill ;)

- zero contribution, just snarky he bitch commenting…
Try grow a pair u cowardly fool.

… and back on topic ;)
- anyone care to vouch for this bloke, haha… the biggest elephant charmer of all.

Then AND now ;);)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:20pm

This dill special from yesterday was a goodie ;)

- “ There is indirect soft support for Jihardism.”

U go hard turd dill…
- keep floating on ;);)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:23pm

Lol…post another in-depth truth busting YouTube clip, jelly brain.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:27pm

Haha ;)
- the dill trying to make a comeback, all over himself.

… as he dribble away in his truth bomb shelter ;);)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:31pm

Excellent choice, jellybrain. We all love propaganda. Thx

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:37pm

Hahaha ;)
- at least u can admit you get a chub for bibi.

… but only enough room for u and your hero douglas murray in ya cute little hasbara bunker ;);)

Try yield to your sad ego just once…
- below… facts.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:39pm
Roadkill wrote:

Lol…post another in-depth truth busting YouTube clip, jelly brain.

What was that thing you posted the other day Roady that a quick fact check revealed to be total b.s?
Something about hundreds of Iranian protesters being killed...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:40pm

SR, hi brah. How are you today?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:45pm
andy-mac wrote:
bonza wrote:

I am saying that until moderates on each side as unrealistic as it sounds start concrete steps to stopping the bloodshed, this war and others will just continue.
Yep get rid of Hamas, but also the present Israeli PM and govt who it seems as the article I posted not prepared to negotiate a 2 state solution and it seems is going for the genocide of the Palistineans out of Gaza and West Bank. Some have openly stated this.
The USA is supplying the armaments as well as other western countries, they are the one that have the influence but at this stage the say they want peace while selling shit loads of instruments of death to the Israeli's.
All bs talk with no action towards a peaceful solution.
How many innocent deaths are acceptable? 20 thousand, 50 thousand, 100 thousand???
What do they mean when they have successfully defeated Hamas? Seriously what does that look like with present situation?

The whole aim of this war is peace, getting rid of Hamas is the only chance of anything resembling peace happening, as long as Hamas is in power and strong there will be an ongoing cycle of war and zero chance of peace, Israel will always be under threat of attack and the people in Gaza will continue to get completely screwed over with money going into tunnels and rockets instead of a half decent government that actually cares about its people and spends the money on things that actually benefit them.

The worst case scenario right now is a ceasefire tomorrow and Hamas still in power, because Gaza will be flooded with money to rebuild but a hell of a lot of that money will go into Hamas rebuilding tunnels and learning from their mistakes, and the next time Hamas starts a war and Israel has to fight back its going to be even harder.

Right now is Israel's best chance of getting rid of Hamas they are about half way there, we have even seen groups of Hamas fighters surrender, if there is a next time it will be harder, so Israel needs to make sure there is no next time.

In regard to what it means to defeat Hamas, getting them out of power would surely be the number one goal, but also destroying them.

What does that look like?

Well when there is no Hamas fighters firing back at IDF or popping out of tunnels or rockets being fired into Israel, and IDF can ensure every stock pile of rockets is destroyed and every major tunnel is destroyed and every hostage is found either alive or dead.

Otherwise anyone wanting this war to end should be calling for two things to happen, one the hostages are all back in Israel safe and two Hamas surrender, both are unlikely to happen so the war will go until hamas are defeated.

BTW. Im sure Netanyahu will get the arse next election he has been in power for 16 years and had already become unpopular.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:45pm

hehe.
All good here thanks.
Just wanted a quick 2 cents worth.
Anyway, carry on ;-)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:49pm
Roadkill wrote:

It’s getting near to Andybutbutbut pulling the victim card…he hates being given the truth.

Who's truth?
Yours?
No victim here mate, just not seeing situation as you are with ya narrative derived from the propaganda of Murdoch etc.... You always seem to want to make it personal on an anonymous website and not take on the issue with debate, just abuse.
I've been referred to as a toxic slimy cunt by some pretend seppo here, but I endeavour to only stick to topic, will attack ideas but not person. Andybutbutbut...
Fark how many deaths are you ok with even if you can lay blame on Hamas???
Are you in denial of what is really taking place?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 8:59pm
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?
No victim here mate, just not seeing situation as you are with ya narrative derived from the propaganda of Murdoch etc.... You always seem to want to make it personal on an anonymous website and not take on the issue with debate, just abuse.
I've been referred to as a toxic slimy cunt by some pretend seppo here, but I endeavour to only stick to topic, will attack ideas but not person. Andybutbutbut...

Bingo..victim card and making it personal.

The hypocrisy is outstanding as always.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:01pm

Netanyahu will be gone in the near future. Hamas is having a huge amount of support.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/poll-shows-palestinians-back-o...

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:03pm
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?

Great post @andymac.
Highly appreciated by most who have to bang their heads against the same wall.
(5c worth)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:09pm
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?

Haha ok...
How many deaths are you ok with then?
Israel has right to defend itself yabayabayaba... ...
Mmm Hamas bad okkkky...
Troll.....

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:21pm

make it 10c @southern
shit, about the losingest battle you could wage on this site, is to suggest @andy-mac isn't the centre-est of the moderate centre, with a healthy lean to the left for ethical and human reasons.. happy to blow a bit o sunshine his way: family bloke, surf-cred, well travelled, socially engaged work, thoughtful and varied comments w fair balance.  (anyone who was included along with a-m's name on @grco's cute little attempt at 'surf-site mccarthyism', should feel pretty validated).  RUOk RK? seems like yr champing for a relieve-the-boredom fight-pardner..
(I was stoked you had the day off for the pipe finals, RK, how good was it? and after @Sprout alerting us to the Canaries.. comps.. fun.. to watch..? felt pretty unfamiliar : )

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:20pm

Agreed @basesix.
Good bloke,
Very clearly.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:38pm
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?

Haha ok...
Mmm Hamas bad okkkky...
Troll.....

Every death is 1 too many. I would be happy with zero deaths.

Does Israel have the right to defend itself?

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 9:51pm
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?

Haha ok...
Mmm Hamas bad okkkky...
Troll.....

hear hear.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 11:20pm
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Who's truth?
Yours?

Haha ok...
Mmm Hamas bad okkkky...
Troll.....

Does Israel have the right to defend itself?

Of course it does!

Here’s a question…
Does Israel have the right, for decades, to run an oppressive apartheid regime with all the violent illegal land acquisition and accompanying human rights violations?

That’ll lead to peace for sure.

I’m just dumbfounded by some here calling Israel our western brothers or whatever. They are nothing like any modern western nation.

Jelly can I borrow an elephant clip?

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 15 Dec 2023 at 11:31pm

…this one has access to water ;)

&pp=ygUOZWxlcGhhbnQgZnVubnk%3D