The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 2:08pm

Meanwhile, the long-standing territorial dispute over the Essequibo region is escalating further into a crisis. The region is controlled by Guyana but is claimed by Venezuela. Significant oil reserves were discovered offshore in the 2010s, which raised the stakes. In September 2023, Guyana granted drilling licences in the disputed waters. Venezuela then took further steps to press its claim such as publishing maps showing the territory annexed to the country and announcing plans to develop the region. In response to Venezuela's actions, other countries supported Guyana's position including Brazil, the UK and USA. Brazil sent troops to its border with the region and the USA conducted military exercises with Guyana.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 2:38pm

Good spotting Seaslug .

It looks like nearly every country is either getting War involved , willingly or involuntarily atm .

All the countries on the Med and Red Sea ( watch this space ) are directly involved , someway .

Hamas picked a fight .

They knew they were going to fight Israel and the US .

They thought Egypt , Iran , Yemen , Syria , Libya , Turkey , Iraq , Lebanon and perhaps Jordon and Saudi , would be fighting with them .

I am guessing , they are now feeling very alone .

Time to give up imho

As I have said , places like London , are giving support .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 2:55pm

;)

“It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it"
- G.Carlin

https://m.

&pp=ygULYWxsIHVzIHdhcnM%3D

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 3:06pm
I focus wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
green room wrote:

yo, Islamic terrorist supporting clowns, fentanyl is like the silent killer in America, you know?

And living in the land of the free, us Republicans are all about freedom and the right to own guns.

But seriously, you Hamas backers in here like seeds and Jelly Flater are straight-up betraying your own people. You're traitors, like, committing treason, fools. You've ditched your own culture and society for a foreign enemy that wants to kill us. You've totally turned on the story of your own civilization, man. You're backing the narrative of some unfriendly civilization, dude. That's messed up. You're also the enemy, man. Yo, how'd you end up in this spot?

Haha comedy gold!
Love reading your comments mate, keep em up!

Andy is it possible he is real?

Seriously who thinks like that?

Lots of cliché etc AI bot surely.

Reckon he is just taking the piss ... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 3:17pm

… careful now andy-mac ;);)

- “ You've totally turned on the story of your own civilization, man. You're backing the narrative of some unfriendly civilization, dude. That's messed up. You're also the enemy, man. Yo, how'd you end up in this spot? “…

(Quick gr, ooooops… look the other way haha)

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 3:48pm

Associating the wonderful American Dream with the War is just wrong imho !

What America has done , over a long time , is truly remarkable .

Look how many people are trying to get in .

All Major countries produce Arms .

Their Lobby groups are like fucken spies and infiltrate all political systems .

In the US , it should be , the President , who decides when and where to fight .

For ALL his faults , Trump refused to listen to HIS adviser's ( the ones who are mates with the lobbyists ) , and DIDN'T star a war .

He was the one to stop US involvement in Afghanistan .

How good for the Lobbyists that Billions of Military equipment was left there .

Trump would have got it ALL back imho .

He seamed to Hold a Big Stick , and kept the Dog's of War at bay , somehow .

It can be done .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 3:50pm

;);) gr continually proves with every contribution…

- still plenty of remarkable seppos out there leading the way ;)

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/giZTKz7q1es

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 4:10pm
andy-mac wrote:

Reckon he is just taking the piss ... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Has to be.... ;-)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 4:34pm
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 7:09pm

JF - I like elephants , to .

I hope U have seen them in the wild .

I was lucky to go to Africa too long ago .

They are blind as bats , almost , so as long as U are downwind and VERY quiet , U can walk with them .

If U are in a Car , they just ignore u ( like all the animals except the really angry ones ) and walk around U , with just a quick peep , perhaps .

For a bunch of mainly females , they are so quiet .

You can hear a pin drop with the occasional noise from a young elephant ( probably male , males are chucked out of the herd when they get rowdy ) .

The dexterity of their trunks ( not the babies lol ) is unbelievable .

Really could pick up the pin , if it dropped .

The Oldest Female is the Boss .

No democracy lol and no arguments !

Maybe we should adopt their Leadership selection process ?

They are cool imho

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 7:37pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 7:46pm
green room wrote:

But seriously, you Hamas backers in here like seeds and Jelly Flater are straight-up betraying your own people. You're traitors, like, committing treason, fools. You've ditched your own culture and society for a foreign enemy that wants to kill us. You've totally turned on the story of your own civilization, man. You're backing the narrative of some unfriendly civilization, dude. That's messed up. You're also the enemy, man. Yo, how'd you end up in this spot?

old-dog wrote:

It seems to me like there are a few smug keyboard warriors on here who couldn't give a rats about the carnage and death in Palestine but just use it to push their anti west agendas and score points to bolster their over inflated egos. They should go and live in Russia, China or the middle east, they sure wouldn't be missed here. We are so lucky to be free to do and say whatever we like.

100% to both these comments

You see it more and more in parts of Westerners society there is literally parts of western society that are turning on themselves, our worst enemy is ourselves, no other countries in the world hate their countries past, present and everything they stand for like these people do in the West, i can only imagine its a product of just not knowing how lucky they are to be born is a developed democratic country.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:00pm

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/qb_oBSAZjDs

- all armies are just animals hunting animals…

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:01pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/qb_oBSAZjDs

- all armies are just animals hunting animals…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQjEzOojeY

What is the point of this ? What a clown you are

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:02pm

…says dill the chief court jester ;)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:04pm

Animals getting hit by a truck has zero relevance.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:12pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
green room wrote:

old-dog wrote:

It seems to me like there are a few smug keyboard warriors on here who couldn't give a rats about the carnage and death in Palestine but just use it to push their anti west agendas and score points to bolster their over inflated egos. They should go and live in Russia, China or the middle east, they sure wouldn't be missed here. We are so lucky to be free to do and say whatever we like.

You see it more and more in parts of Westerners society there is literally parts of western society that are turning on themselves, our worst enemy is ourselves, no other countries in the world hate their countries past, present and everything they stand for like these people do in the West, i can only imagine its a product of just not knowing how lucky they are to be born is a developed democratic country.

Who are the hamas backers on this thread ? Who on this thread is turning against Australia and what we have ? Can you clarify this for me please indo ?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:47pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
green room wrote:

old-dog wrote:

Calling nonsense sorry mate.
The rwnj's and fox sky crew are doing more to damage western way of life in western countries than any woke islamic extremist gender neutral furry identifier. Especially Australia where Murdoch reins supreme.
They are the ones stirring up hate and division.
Same as what Israel are doing now, biggest islamic extremist recruitment drive since Bush invading Iraq.
The Western society you enjoy is due to the enlightenment and progressive policy, not some conservative pining for the good ol colonial days ...
Anyway I had a fun surf this arvo, nice bbq with wife and kid, couple beers and now one nice red and should be waves tomorrow...
So yeah no western self hate happening here.
Peace :)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 8:56pm

…try not to enjoy yourself too much ya traitor ;);)

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 9:06pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

…try not to enjoy yourself too much ya traitor ;);)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNHE78Lye0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=et3hkoiTsPc

Ok, got some Wilco tunes happening in background.
So guess that doesn't make me anti American. ;)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 9:18pm
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
green room wrote:

old-dog wrote:

Anyway I had a fun surf this arvo, nice bbq with wife and kid, couple beers and now one nice red and should be waves tomorrow...

Bloody ripper mate.
Sure is a good life over here.
Grateful everyday for what we have.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 9 Dec 2023 at 9:27pm
southernraw wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
green room wrote:

old-dog wrote:

Bloody ripper mate.
Sure is a good life over here.
Grateful everyday for what we have.

Zeus's country mate ....

green room's picture
green room's picture
green room Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 6:31am

Yeah, that's more like it, you got it, guys! Awesome!

Yours is the Land of Opportunity, Beauty, Freedom. Same deal on our turf.

Full Gratitude everyday.

And check it out: Hawaii, Western Europe - the beaches in Spain, Portugal, France, Ireland. I've been there, surfed there. It's all awesome.

Definitely worth standing up for and defending. That's what America's all about, no matter how the media twists it.

What bugs me is there are folks on this site, in these forums, pushing the Hamas fabrication - the story and narrative of Islamic terrorists. This fabrication is not just false, but it goes against our beauty and way of life - it wants to destroy it.

Why choose to drop our story, our narrative – to ditch what's beautiful and true about our civilization and way of life – and instead fight against it by supporting and fighting for a bunch of barbaric, uncivilized psychopathic animals who are at war with us, our story, our beauty, our prosperity, our freedom? Only fools would choose this.

Tulsi gets it. Ayaan lived it, and then made a smart choice.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 6:31am
green room wrote:

Yeah, that's more like it, you got it, guys!

Yours is the Land of Opportunity, Beauty, Freedom. Full Gratitude everyday.

Same deal on our turf.

And check it out: Hawaii, Western Europe - the beaches in Spain, Portugal, France, Ireland. I've been there, surfed there. It's all awesome.

Definitely worth standing up for and defending. That's what America's all about, no matter how the media twists it.

What bugs me is there are folks on this site, in these forums, pushing the Hamas fabrication - the story and narrative of Islamic terrorists. This fabrication is not just false, but it goes against our beauty and way of life - it want to destroy it.

Why choose to drop our story, our narrative – to ditch what's beautiful and true about our civilization and way of life – and instead fight against it, supporting a bunch of barbaric people who are at war with us, our story, our beauty, our prosperity, our free way of life.

Who's the robots?

Tulsi gets it. Ayaan made a smart choice.

https://twitter.com/Ayaan/status/1713086296506208544

Hey GR.
I will still argue that you are not automatically supporting Hamas by being outraged at the excessive killing going on in Gaza.
If anything in my view this mass killing of women and kids is only going to strengthen and add to numbers of groups such as these twisted fundamentalists. Which I will add I see as a very tragic thing.
Yes I have been very fortunate to travel and surf the places you mentioned and also have spent about half my adult life in Indonesia and have met many wonderful people (many Muslims in that group) and surfed some amazing waves. The world is beautiful in my world view, don't know if I would be thinking the same if I grew up in Gaza.

green room's picture
green room's picture
green room Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 6:53am

andy-mac, man, twisting what I'm saying into something I'm not. Slimy, toxic moron.

There are folks in this forum doing way more than just getting outraged about war.

There are folks here hardcore pushing and selling that false narrative Hamas is trying to peddle to the world.

These folks are in an info war on behalf of Islamic terrorists.

They're going head-to-head against their own people, cause and way of life.

They're all about supporting the agenda of Islamic terrorists aiming to wipe out everyone who ain't on their side, all infidels.

You know who you are.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 6:44am
green room wrote:

andy-mac, man, twisting what I'm saying into something I'm not. Slimy toxic cunt.

There are folks in this forum doing way more than just getting outraged about war.

There are folks here hardcore pushing, selling, and fighting for that false narrative that Hamas is trying to peddle to the world.

These folks are in an info war on behalf Islamic terrorists.

They're all about supporting the agenda of Islamic terrorists aiming to wipe out everyone who ain't on their side, all infidels.

You know who you are.

Geez mate, trying to be civil and ya bring in language and abuse like that.
Lovely.
Go look in the mirror to see part of the problem in this world dude.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 7:02am

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:39am

haha, well done busting @grco before his edit andy-mac. what a clown..

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:18am
andy-mac wrote:
green room wrote:

andy-mac, man, twisting what I'm saying into something I'm not. Slimy toxic cunt.

There are folks here hardcore pushing, selling, and fighting for that false narrative that Hamas is trying to peddle to the world.

These folks are in an info war on behalf Islamic terrorists.

You know who you are.

Geez mate, trying to be civil and ya bring in language and abuse like that.
Lovely.
Go look in the mirror to see part of the problem in this world dude.

Andy, do you not like language and abuse like that?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:42am
basesix wrote:

haha, well done busting @grco before his edit andy-mac. what a clown..

Enjoy Crock of Gold @basesix !

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:50am

you bet I will bud, thanks for the recommends too, I've had a nice time this weekend appreciating shane and his journey.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 11:24am
basesix wrote:

you bet I will bud, thanks for the recommends too, I've had a nice time this weekend appreciating shane and his journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLqEdsrVk8

Thanks for sharing that...
Beautiful...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 3:02pm
andy-mac wrote:
basesix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLqEdsrVk8

Thanks for sharing that...
Beautiful...

X 2. Thanks basesix :-)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 3:45pm

Being lucky and grateful for living here should make being concerned about the suffering of others an innate response.
If not, we're not evolving spiritually as a species.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 4:06pm

The US decided to fly a few planes over Guyana and Brazil moved a few troops closer to the boarder .

"Despite increased military presence in the region, many experts believe that President Maduro has no intention of actually annexing Essequibo, and that this recent claim is a tactic to bolster his own image within Venezuela."

Amazing how a Good Stick , waved around at the right time , can make people back down .

Sometimes , even when NOT needed , people need reminding they can be hit with it !

Somehow , Ethiopia and Eritrea need to come together and join .

Or they will kill each other , again .

This is a separate fight but more people will suffer imho .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 7:30pm

Wouldn't surprise me if this was true, maybe not the whole motivation but part of the motivation the sweet icing, many of the big wig Hamas leaders are crazy rich sitting back in Qatar.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 8:07pm
southernraw wrote:

Being lucky and grateful for living here should make being concerned about the suffering of others an innate response.

Regression

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 8:26pm

Gosh - Smiley and SR , do U really even wonder IF Australians are developing/evolving spiritually ??

When I look at my two daughters , I KNOW , we are !

U guys need to get out more !

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 8:32pm

Gosh - Smiley and SR , do U , really even Have to , wonder , IF Australians are developing/evolving spiritually ??

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 8:30pm

;)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 8:59pm
Roadkill wrote:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/story/2023-11-20/p...

From the first paragraph.

However, she lives in the Gaza Strip, whose government, run by Hamas, did not leave its neighbors in Israel to live in peace. Instead, Hamas terrorists attacked Israel in a horrendous way, killing more than 1,200 Israelis and kidnapping more than 200 on Oct. 7.

This is accurate but……
In Israel the Israeli gov and forces don’t let the Palestinians that live in the West Bank live in peace. UN recognises what’s happened for many decades and calls it out. Meanwhile, thank goodness? Israel and USA are letting tens of thousands of civilians in Gaza rest in pieces.

Biased, hypocritical rubbish.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:05pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:06pm

Good on this lady for having the balls to call Hamas out

Seems to be a lot of it happening at the moment (both videos are from last 24hrs) , i guess hamas also are low on supplies

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:18pm

No shit Sherlock!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:40pm
Pop Down wrote:

Gosh - Smiley and SR , do U , really even Have to , wonder , IF Australians are developing/evolving spiritually ??

Irony alert: man who seems to spend a good chunk of his day commenting on SN suggests others ought to get out more!

I wish you well Pops but on many levels humans are regressing, to believe otherwise is to have you head up where the sun doesn’t shine!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 9:48pm

It’s a good thing that your brave woman didn’t go to the Dandy Market @info, she would have given you more than you had bargained for ….

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:28pm
GuySmiley wrote:
southernraw wrote:

Regression

Agreed, especially when reading the comments from certain posters.
There's really no connectivity to the bigger picture involved at all.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:29pm

@popdown....sorry i can't read your posts all the way to the end.
Just can't do it.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 10 Dec 2023 at 10:56pm

Here's a question for @roadkill, @Indodreaming @greenroom @gsco and co, since they've continually acccused posters of being pro Hamas and anti semite for asking questions of Israels military operations.
Question.
Pt 1:Do you think Palestinians are equal to or are lesser humans than Israelis, (Americans, Australians, English, whatever)
Pt 2: Please explain why. (critical part of question to develop an understanding of your point of view so as to allow a good conversation and debate)
Cheers in advance.