2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:11am
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, out of his depth is a delight. Proven to be, just not that smart. So fucking dumb.

Should go for a surf..if he actually surfed, but he doesn’t, so he can’t.

Triple jabbed being sick for weeks with covid then defending the vaccine sounds pretty dumb to me toady

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:32am
thermalben wrote:

Or is yours a protest vote? If so, do you understand where the UAP preferences will flow?

My understanding is in the House of Representatives, if he numbered all the boxes or at least 6 he would have had to include one major so if none of those other parties got enough votes, his preference eventually flowed on in full to that one major and not been decided by his vote for AUP.

In the Senate though if you only number six boxes, your vote can be decided by the parties own preferences and not yours if you don't preference a party that gets enough votes in the 6 you number. (i believe its the first party you number that would then decided your preference)

BTW. Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:35am
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, out of his depth is a delight. Proven to be, just not that smart. So fucking dumb.

Should go for a surf..if he actually surfed, but he doesn’t, so he can’t.

Triple jabbed being sick for weeks with covid then defending the vaccine sounds pretty dumb to me toady

Tha's all you got?

You should have stayed in the covid thread....coming in here and mouthing off just reconfirms how dumb you really are.

UAP. lmao

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:51am

@Indo
"Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor"

Where'd you get that figure from?

Yesterday at 6.25pm you said "I always link things like that".

No you don't.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 8:55am

The UAP has done one good thing - it has called out the madness of the full lockdowns and kept this destructive (in terms of social, economic, mental health, other health impacts) and ultimately futile strategy in the spotlight rather than it being brushed under the carpet and / or painted by history as a success. This lessens the likelihood of this strategy being used again to all our benefit.

Other than that, their polices are mostly chock full of unintended consequences (e.g. regional tax breaks = massive spike in house prices for regions and more crowded coastlines).

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:01am
AndyM wrote:

@Indo
"Not all AUP preferences go to LNP anyway something like 30% go to Labor"

Where'd you get that figure from?

Yesterday at 6.25pm you said "I always link things like that".

No you don't.

Sorry the figure is slightly wrong its 40% not 30%

"At a press conference on Saturday, Clive Palmer said that the party was preferencing Liberal or “Liberal independents” in 60% of seats, and Labor candidates in 40% of seats."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/09/united-australia-...

BTW. One point is very different to a whole page of points with no link to support them.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:01am

UAP and Clive talking about workers super going offshore...is the absolute funniest thing. That UAP clowns can take this shit without even blinking is beyond me. You have to just look at the UAP supporter to know they are a few brain cells short of being normal.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:04am

The one thing I know is politics and the current system is broken beyond repair. Representing the people is a long gone thing.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:13am

It's a shit game. Could probably say it's always been this way.

The UAP bid is a classic example: On one side they're put forth a very good pitch, and they've secured a passionate and engaged core who finally feel they're being listened to, yet on the other side is Big Clive who's got a disastrous record of protecting worker's rights and selling out to overseas interests.

Politics has always been about compromise but, aware of both sides of the UAP coin, the United Australia Party is asking a hell of a lot from its adherents.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:23am

Looks like a political sleight of hand Indo.

Seems like UAP are preferencing the Libs above Labor in the crucial and close seats, such as Wentworth, Warringah, Chisolm, Kooyong, Corangamite and Casey.

And this from a party who've been screaming to put both majors last.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/liberals-to-benefit-from-uap-pre...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:44am
frog wrote:

The UAP has done one good thing - it has called out the madness of the full lockdowns and kept this destructive (in terms of social, economic, mental health, other health impacts) and ultimately futile strategy in the spotlight rather than it being brushed under the carpet and / or painted by history as a success. This lessens the likelihood of this strategy being used again to all our benefit.

Other than that, their polices are mostly chock full of unintended consequences (e.g. regional tax breaks = massive spike in house prices for regions and more crowded coastlines).

yep

you don't have to fall for all the bullshit clive is desperately selling now to appreciate he injected a bit of much needed sanity before

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 May 2022 at 9:46am

I would never vote for him

but I'd definitely put him above liberal and labor

I even did this last election - pre corona

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 11:40am

Its one thing to vote for the fat bastard but another thing entirely to admit to it, may as well just join the flat Earth society. You wouldn't have much freedom if he decided to put a nuclear reactor and waste dump in your backyard.
Btw I still have a vote for Joh bumper sticker in my collection.
I'm not voting for anyone (safe Labor seat anyway) that way none of them will get any money for my vote. Cheers.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:13pm

Today (Live) Julia Gillard : "Being the only Australian Woman to serve as Prime Minister of Australia!"

[factcheck]

29th Oct - 3rd Nov 2017 : Former PM Julie Bishop served as acting leader of Australia.
If Labor stands for Women's equality...
Former PM Gillard should apologize & equally respect former sister PM Bishop's highest honour!

Note: Not one journo coughed & corrected former PM Gillard...nor respected former PM Julie Bishop!

tbb don't think he's clever enough to vote so how are these disrespectful losers allowed to Vote!
Seriously! These leaders & journos should not be allowed near a Ballot Paper!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:14pm

Gotta repost this from the Covid thread, back in Feb:

burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Good for Clive, he’s a very successful Businessman. I hope he gets even richer.

I will be voting for them

You do realise that in 2021, Clive tried to sue the state of Western Australia for thirty billion dollars?

Ain't the first time either. In 2019, Clive "threatened to use free trade rules to sue Australian taxpayers for $45 billion as part of a dispute with a Chinese mining company."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/clive-palmer-sets-up-kiwi-company...

I suppose you could consider a person who makes their fortune using these kinds of strategies 'successful' (if indeed the court ruled in his favour, though in the WA case it didn't) though I don't know how he'd be viewed by Sandgropers if they had to foot the bill.

I'd also recommend doing a little more research into his business dealings, to make sure you're comfortable with someone like Clive Palmer being Treasurer of Australia.

I’m more worried about the Pfizer business dealings behind closed doors with faceless men.
The current grubs and the top are dodgy as fuck but will smile for the cameras and pretend everything is ok.

At least Clive does it out in the open and will talk about it.

He’s a very successful businessman with big balls and not afraid to take on anyone using his own cash to take on labour and liberal.

I’m all for it and have absolutely no problem with Clive being treasurer.

His political party has over 80k members and growing.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:20pm

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:40pm

I wonder how Clive's nephew is going in Bulgaria?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:03pm
Roadkill wrote:

Soon to be joined by the LNP front bench & past members, I think he’s opening a B&B

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:18pm
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Soon to be joined by the LNP front bench & past members, I think he’s opening a B&B

nearly a meme....100% as valid as a meme tho...missing the point as usual, SF.
Just another day of SF contributing garbage :)

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:22pm
GuySmiley wrote:

hey sepp,

sure in an ideal world all political parties ought to have their costs audited weeks before the election but are you that naive, romantic or just plain stupid to think that process wouldn't be used by the media to flog Labor time and time again. Murdoch and 9infotainment would have a field day at Labor's expense like they are already in this election while ignoring and discussion on the $5 billion wasted on French subs or $18 billion on rortkeeper. $23 billion wasted and the focus is on Labor FFS.

So you can stick your ideal world naivety up ya clacker until we have fair and equal media staffed with journalists who aren't brain dead puppet apologists for the status quo. I don't blame Labor one iota for adopting this small target strategy after the flogging the media gave Labor last election ....

"...until we have fair and equal media staffed with journalists who aren't brain dead puppet apologists for the status quo. I don't blame Labor one iota for adopting this small target strategy after the flogging the media gave Labor last election"

Amen to that. The sheer aggression and blatant disrespect that the "press pack" dish up to Labor, albeit Albo more specifically, is astonishing.

The sense of importance these pricks place on themselves and their disingenuous/bad-faith line of questioning is beyond a joke.

Harping on about costings is a fucking joke. Seriously. What difference does it truly make to the average punter? The dollar difference was never going to be astronomical against the backdrop of debt we are currently in.

Labor should have picked Bowen, Richards, Tanya, Clare, et al over Albo. The guy has turned crew off him due to his inability to look like he has it consistently together.

Can't wait for all this to end.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:30pm
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

nearly a meme....100% as valid as a meme tho...missing the point as usual, SF.
Just another day of SF contributing garbage :)

Good to see you’re feeling better, just keep breathing through your nose and you will be fine .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 1:57pm
thermalben wrote:

Gotta repost this from the Covid thread, back in Feb:

burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Good for Clive, he’s a very successful Businessman. I hope he gets even richer.

I will be voting for them

You do realise that in 2021, Clive tried to sue the state of Western Australia for thirty billion dollars?

Ain't the first time either. In 2019, Clive "threatened to use free trade rules to sue Australian taxpayers for $45 billion as part of a dispute with a Chinese mining company."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/clive-palmer-sets-up-kiwi-company...

I suppose you could consider a person who makes their fortune using these kinds of strategies 'successful' (if indeed the court ruled in his favour, though in the WA case it didn't) though I don't know how he'd be viewed by Sandgropers if they had to foot the bill.

I'd also recommend doing a little more research into his business dealings, to make sure you're comfortable with someone like Clive Palmer being Treasurer of Australia.

I’m more worried about the Pfizer business dealings behind closed doors with faceless men.
The current grubs and the top are dodgy as fuck but will smile for the cameras and pretend everything is ok.

At least Clive does it out in the open and will talk about it.

He’s a very successful businessman with big balls and not afraid to take on anyone using his own cash to take on labour and liberal.

I’m all for it and have absolutely no problem with Clive being treasurer.

His political party has over 80k members and growing.

And?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:37pm

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

Again, totally understand why you'd choose not to vote for the two majors.

But Clive?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:51pm
thermalben wrote:

You're OK voting for a guy who tried to sue Australia for $45 billion, and then tried to sue West Oz for $30 billion? Amongst a litany of other events.

I'm really not sure Clive's the best person to be Treasurer of the country whom he formerly tried to bankrupt.

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

I dont trust any of them.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 2:59pm

He honestly doesn’t even know when he’s lying .

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:36pm
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

But Clive?

I don't know what to believe, i've seen many outrageous headlines from the ABC regarding the "pandemic"

Yep, Clive. I voted with how i and my family and friends were affected in the last two years.

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:42pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

But Clive?

And didn’t pay his workers at Queensland Nickel so he could channel funds into his 2019 LNP election bonanza.. it’s not really a protest vote more a donkey vote. I’m not calling you a donkey Burleigh. That is just the normal term for your vote.
I

One thing you should do is not trust main stream media. That is my definition of a donkey

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:43pm

"When the Guardian visited an early polling centre in the eastern Sydney seat of Wentworth last week, more than a quarter of those exiting saidthey voted in favour of the UAP."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/20/uap-may-have-more...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:50pm
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

But Clive?

I

He is a terrible power hungry human and a selfish greedy prick that treats those who work for him as little more than serfs.

....and burleigh voted for him, buleigh is a proud UAP idiot.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 20 May 2022 at 3:53pm

Been off grid, just did absent vote ( Qld resident in WA)...
Look forward to reading through these comments... Anything major happen?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:00pm

From Burleigh's Guardian link

"However as Palmer and Kelly travelled across the country this week to spruik candidates, the party’s image was dealt a blow with reports detailing how more than 20 of UAP’s 173 candidates across the lower and upper houses have faced court in the past or face ongoing matters.

They include offences such as unlawful assault, domestic violence, stalking, burglary, intentional destruction of property, trafficking of a controlled drug and medium range drink-driving. Kelly and a party spokesperson defended the party’s vetting process reportedly saying that the UAP had conducted police checks, social media checks and formal interviews to choose candidates.

On Wednesday, the party’s candidate in the Melbourne seat of Higgins was granted bail in time for election day."

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:04pm
burleigh wrote:
soggydog wrote:
burleigh wrote:
thermalben wrote:

But Clive?

I

One thing you should do is not trust main stream media. That is my definition of a donkey

Tell that to the unpaid workers. It actually happened. Families missed out on paycheques. A Donkey vote is a Donkey vote. You didn’t really know what or who you where voting for, it sounds like you just liked the bright yellow core flutes with inspirational ( yet thoroughly misleading) catch phrases. That is a donkey vote. And you wanna talk about believability. Ha! You are hilarious!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:09pm

Apparently these SMSs were received (i.e. spammed) this afternoon. Less than one day before voting.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:19pm

"Tell that to the unpaid workers. It actually happened. Families missed out on paycheques."

Meh, that's just somebody's opinion.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:25pm

It's the WHO and the World Economic Forum who are responsible for trying to establish a tyrannical, secretive cabal of powerful capitalists and politicians.

Resist, brothers!

Freedom!!!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:34pm
I focus wrote:

"However as Palmer and Kelly travelled across the country this week to spruik candidates, the party’s image was dealt a blow with reports detailing how more than 20 of UAP’s 173 candidates across the lower and upper houses have faced court in the past or face ongoing matters.

They include offences such as unlawful assault, domestic violence, stalking, burglary, intentional destruction of property, trafficking of a controlled drug and medium range drink-driving. Kelly and a party spokesperson defended the party’s vetting process reportedly saying that the UAP had conducted police checks, social media checks and formal interviews to choose candidates.

On Wednesday, the party’s candidate in the Melbourne seat of Higgins was granted bail in time for election day."

UAP is such a rabble...Clive picks candidates that will be subservient and do as they are told. Hanson and one nation are the same quality as UAP.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:39pm
thermalben wrote:

Apparently these SMSs were received (i.e. spammed) this afternoon. Less than one day before voting.

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1527495602279710720

Thank god Craig Kelly will fight the good fight. He sees right through this new world order.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:38pm

@Burleigh

I not a huge fan of Clive but don't let the haters bring you down, it's your vote and your choice.

UAP did make it to four on my senate ballot but don't expect it makes much difference when you put LNP at number one.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:39pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:42pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

@Burleigh

I not a huge fan of Clive but don't let the haters bring you down, it's your vote and your choice.

UAP did make it to four on my senate ballot but don't expect it makes much difference when you put LNP at number one.

Don’t worry, I’m not. I find it hilarious that they are so threatened by him.
Even the big dog Ben came out of hiding.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:42pm

" it's your vote and your choice."

This is going to sound hackneyed but people fought and died to get the vote so the least we can do is to undertake something vaguely resembling due diligence.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Friday, 20 May 2022 at 4:46pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

@Burleigh

Don’t worry Burls, yours was just a Donkey vote, forgivable.

Indo votes for blatant corruption and continued incompetence. In the face of glaring facts (apparently though to some they’re just opinions). Much more worrying.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:05pm
Roadkill wrote:
I focus wrote:

UAP is such a rabble...Clive picks candidates that will be subservient and do as they are told. Hanson and one nation are the same quality as UAP.

Listen to it. A very triggered boomer having a tantrum.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:19pm

https://m.

Fark, how scummo even has a chance is a sad indication of the intellectual thought process of many Australians....

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:22pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdNFLrAeJds

Fark, how scummo even has a chance is a sad indication of the intellectual thought process of many Australians....

Put the majors last. It’s pretty simple

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:34pm
burleigh wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdNFLrAeJds

Put the majors last. It’s pretty simple

Agree, and do a bit of homework for your choices.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:41pm
AndyM wrote:

This is going to sound hackneyed but people fought and died to get the vote so the least we can do is to undertake something vaguely resembling due diligence.

It was an agonising drive to the polling booth today . I tried and tried to decide between a 'douche and a turd sandwich' (or any of the other sides) but just couldn't get there , so I got artistic. Some of my best work yet if I do say so myself.
I was nearly going to just wear the fine this year , but I thought if I just turned up it would come to me at the last moment. But the frothing 'how to vote' people lost me on entry with their 'in your face' pamphlets and short spiels. I felt like stiff arming everyone of them , particularly the over exuberant Greens wanker.
It's pretty bad if this the best bunch of fuckwits Oz could come up with to run the show.
I don't vote informally as a rule , but this year .... fuck it. You decide.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:44pm
tubeshooter wrote:
AndyM wrote:

It was an agonising drive to the polling booth today . I tried and tried to decide between a 'douche and a turd sandwich' (or any of the other sides) but just couldn't get there , so I got artistic. Some of my best work yet if I do say so myself.
I was nearly going to just wear the fine this year , but I thought if I just turned up it would come to me at the last moment. But the frothing 'how to vote' people lost me on entry with their 'in your face' pamphlets and short spiels. I felt like stiff arming everyone of them , particularly the over exuberant Greens wanker.
It's pretty bad if this the best bunch of fuckwits Oz could come up with to run the show.
I don't vote informally as a rule , but this year .... fuck it. You decide.

Can you imagine how Americans felt with trump & biden ?

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:46pm

I can now SF

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 20 May 2022 at 5:47pm

Agree totally about running the gauntlet. Can't stand the line up of numpties shoving their stuff at you. I would like to see an exclusion zone near the polling centres, making it a much more pleasant experience.