Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 15 Jun 2023 at 2:58pm

Hehe she’s a walking talking headline, that is for sure!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Jun 2023 at 4:57pm

the sniffle filled speech I heard from lid's today sounded more academy award moment than politically significant

I know I really shouldn't say that... but she's such a walking talking litany of linked cliches, she does herself no favours...

and, I know we live in this weird world now, where words are now classed as 'violence'... but sorry, one feels the need to ask...

is following someone into the chamber now classed as an assault?

because it seems, that's all she's got...

reporters have seriously gotta start doing their jobs, and ask her to qualify and clarify her statements

she rattles off all sorts of shit, with no clarification at all of what she is actually talking about

she is misinformation 101

her shock statements cut through, get the headlines, ...and presumedly get the result she is looking for...

but really, aside from her fellow cultists, I don't think she is 'winning' at anything...

be it, issues, hearts, minds, arguments,

...or anything at all..

she's right about one thing, a little 'truth telling' is seriously needed

she is living out a most extreme career of severe unaccountability

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 15 Jun 2023 at 5:36pm
Wilhelm Scream wrote:

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/the-katy-gall...

What a bunch of grubs over at Murdoch media....
As for LNP , geez except for 2 they are compliant in this crap.

https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/2023/06/15/bruce-lehrmann-and-his-b...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 20 Jun 2023 at 6:55am
suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 22 Jun 2023 at 7:56am

Viva la revolution!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 27 Jun 2023 at 12:10pm

Yep....

https://m.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Tuesday, 27 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm

Can of worms? The lid gets torn off-
"But Kirra Longboard Klassic director Sean McKeown said the women have "not thought this through".
"The object of this particular division is high-performance surfing," he said.
"The girls are not particularly good. There's only a few of them in Australia that are really good at high performance."
Mr McKeown said female surfing is "far more stylish" and is not best suited for professional longboard competitions."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-27/kirra-klassic-surfing-competition...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 27 Jun 2023 at 2:18pm
suchas wrote:

Can of worms? The lid gets torn off-
"But Kirra Longboard Klassic director Sean McKeown said the women have "not thought this through".
"The object of this particular division is high-performance surfing," he said.
"The girls are not particularly good. There's only a few of them in Australia that are really good at high performance."
Mr McKeown said female surfing is "far more stylish" and is not best suited for professional longboard competitions."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-27/kirra-klassic-surfing-competition...

Oh dear, what should be a simple event has now made the news. And for what, $5k of prize money?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 28 Jun 2023 at 12:43pm

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Wednesday, 28 Jun 2023 at 4:52pm

Stuey just can't find anywhere to hide. Should he get his own stage and spotlights at the NACC?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-28/synergy-360-allegedly-planned-fun...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 28 Jun 2023 at 4:55pm
suchas wrote:

Stuey just can't find anywhere to hide. Should he get his own stage and spotlights at the NACC?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-28/synergy-360-allegedly-planned-fun...

Brother Stuey in a bit of bother ..
Wonder who else could be implicated?
Mmm interesting.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Wednesday, 28 Jun 2023 at 4:58pm

And while tomorrow may be a big day for Daz and Gladz, it seems after 5 years of searching, Daz is still having things dragged out from under the bed-
https://www.9news.com.au/national/daryl-maguire-visa-fraud-case-delayed-...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 6:58pm

Here I am stuck at the airport again. Had to fly to Brisbane for work yesterday - flight cancelled. They put me on a 6AM flight this morning which was also a bit late. They canceled my 5PM return flight and now the next one is also running late. I’m looking at the arrivals/departures screen now and nothing’s on time. It’s all over the place. I had 4 flights cancelled in the last month. The ones that didn’t get cancelled were all late, some even 1h+.

What’s happening? It seems like no one wants to take responsibility. We’re like a 3rd world country. You fly internationally to places like Qatar, Dubai, Singapore and you feel like you travelled 100 years into the future. Have I missed something? Was there like terrorist attack or some crisis that triggered all sorts of issues? Does anyone have any insights?

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 7:03pm

Rex has had massive trouble getting staff across the board.. I assumed some of their staff may have gone to the bigger airlines.. who are you flying with?

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 29 Jun 2023 at 7:33pm

Virgin but it looks like others are impacted too. Could be the airport issue? I just walked past Virgin’s service desk, there’s a queue of at least 100+ people complaining. Townsville, Cairns, Sydney flights cancelled so people probably have nowhere to stay as there are no additional flights to some of the cancelled locations. What a sight.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 10:19am

Clever country...??

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 2:24pm
andy-mac wrote:

Clever country...??
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_oVJG9z_I

Clever. Depends on what you deem to be clever ? Norway is almost entirely reliant on fossil fuels for everything they do and are involved in. I don’t see that as clever !!!

Norway are no different to us, big users and exporters of fossil fuels,very sad.
I once spoke for 4 hours to Year 12 school students in Bergen, a free for all, i ask you a question, you ask me a question. A lot of fun. After a break at the 2 hour mark i handed them a piece of paper and asked them to right down what their parents did for an occupation. Result-99% of parents worked in a fossil fuel capacity and 1% in an educational capacity.

Norway may have incredible wealth and social security set ups, but it’s all on the back of gross fossil fuel derived income. So the next time you hear, see or write about how clean and pristine the Scandinavian countries are, you may just have to reconsider your primary thoughts. They’ve got skeletons in the closet like we have.

A topic change, I’m seeing a lot of this lately across different countries, exclaiming the purity of their existence and the environment within, when most residents know this is not the fact at all. As for the false advertising campaign of NZ100% PURE , again look deeper into the country’s environmental problems (just like Australia) where soil leachates are at profound levels, particularly in relation to the preservatives used to treat timber. River sands, scree and other soil types riddled with the stuff. Animal stock grazing on grass grown on highly contaminated soil, chemical elements pass down through the food chain. Pure my arse.AW.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 2:56pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Clever country...??

Clever. Depends on what you deem to be clever ? Norway is almost entirely reliant on fossil fuels for everything they do and are involved in. I don’t see that as clever !!!

Norway are no different to us, big users and exporters of fossil fuels,very sad.
I once spoke for 4 hours to Year 12 school students in Bergen, a free for all, i ask you a question, you ask me a question. A lot of fun. After a break at the 2 hour mark i handed them a piece of paper and asked them to right down what their parents did for an occupation. Result-99% of parents worked in a fossil fuel capacity and 1% in an educational capacity.

Norway may have incredible wealth and social security set ups, but it’s all on the back of gross fossil fuel derived income. So the next time you hear, see or write about how clean and pristine the Scandinavian countries are, you may just have to reconsider your primary thoughts. They’ve got skeletons in the closet like we have.

A topic change, I’m seeing a lot of this lately across different countries, exclaiming the purity of their existence and the environment within, when most residents know this is not the fact at all. As for the false advertising campaign of NZ100% PURE , again look deeper into the country’s environmental problems (just like Australia) where soil leachates are at profound levels, particularly in relation to the preservatives used to treat timber. River sands, scree and other soil types riddled with the stuff. Animal stock grazing on grass grown on highly contaminated soil, chemical elements pass down through the food chain. Pure my arse.AW.

Fair points.
However I don't think it should detract from the issue that we should be keeping more of the wealth from the minerals extracted from the Commonwealth of Australia in our hands. Better here that foreign shareholders.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 6:39pm
andy-mac wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Clever country...??

Fair points.
However I don't think it should detract from the issue that we should be keeping more of the wealth from the minerals extracted from the Commonwealth of Australia in our hands. Better here that foreign shareholders.

Andy-Mac. I agree with you wholeheartedly, we DO NOT tax our big industries enough and maybe, just maybe, some of them should look forward to having done already or contributing to lessening there impact on the planet which may see them viewed favourably by punters, keep the general populace happy and they may see profits rise. I’m married to a Scandinavian with friends in all those neighbouring countries. Friends in Oslo and Bergen often share their guilt with us for the lifestyle they are afforded due to their country’s economic situation being mostly derived from Fossil fuel business, in a way, just like us. Always good to chat. AW.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 7:36pm

AW I might get toward trying my E85 experiment in this 2nd half of the year. Can I reduce the fossil use and foreign oil dependence while not going down the vastly costly lithium path, and get the wagon to the surf cleanly with current technology? We will see.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 5 Jul 2023 at 8:27pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

AW I might get toward trying my E85 experiment in this 2nd half of the year. Can I reduce the fossil use and foreign oil dependence while not going down the vastly costly lithium path, and get the wagon to the surf cleanly with current technology? We will see.

Velocityjohnno . Hi fella. You and I can always reduce our dependency on those carbon-organics. Yeah, you’re correct, the total want to shift your mindset to better ways of energy production sounds simple, it is, but you then begin to question the extractive industries and the energy used to refine and make end products, how much physical and long term damage do we do to grand scale ecosystems “someones gotta pay the ferryman”, there’s always a cost either side of the ledger, financially and or environmentally .
Lithium is light for sure, so good for solar inverters batteries etc. set ups in campers , caravans and tents to an extent, but getting it into a light weight ingot takes a lot of energy before it’s sent to manufacturing of many kinds.

A generator in a large wind turbine for example requires a minimum of 4tonnes of copper for the motor wiring.
Gold and copper are being extracted at soaring levels at present to keep up with demand, all this comes at a huge environmental loss.
Africa, Australia, Indonesia just to name a few have huge deposits of the aforementioned minerals.
FreePort mine (US) have two gigantic mines in Midwest Indonesia mountains adjacent Puncak Jaya , at or near the Carstenz Glacier, one of the last equatorial snowlines on the planet .
Two large mines Ertsberg and Grasberg are literally giant columnar dome plutons of ore containing very high to near total volume of gold and copper. It’s been worked since it was found in the late fifties, the environmental damage has to be seen to believed.
All the while this has been going on in area that’s often regarded as being the epicentre of modern floral evolution coupled with coevolution beginnings of bird/plant relationships.

We are getting there slowly, I still think each individual on a daily basis, especially in developed countries, uses way too much energy derived from external sources. We have to ask ourselves why do we need so much energy, many less developed global countries have little to no human manufactured energy, just what they can muster up at the time.
Opulence I say.AW

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 6 Jul 2023 at 3:47pm

Australian Gas fubar gift that keeps on giving

Look at the relative manufacturing charts vs US!

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2023/07/albos-gas-cartel-fix-disintegra...

I mean, we don't really need to make anything here, we can simply import it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 6 Jul 2023 at 4:24pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

We have to ask ourselves why do we need so much energy, many less developed global countries have little to no human manufactured energy, just what they can muster up at the time.
Opulence I say.AW

This one's easy Alfred. I just spoke on a video to my grandma in Europe (approaching 90 and still going strong) and I noticed 1 light globe hanging on a piece of wire in the background. I know this house well and I remembered that one light instantly. Other rooms are the same, 1 light. If there is a part of the house that's dark then that part is left in darkness and one needs the torch to navigate. Also, I remember only heating one room even in the coldest of winters. Leave some windows open in winter to prevent condensation (no dehumidifiers or similar devices). Have regular cold water showers (people in the village didn't need any influencers on this one, they were well ahead of their time).

I asked her if it was hot (it gets really hot in summer). She said no, it's actually very nice. But I know why she said no. She said no because if she admitted that it was hot I would ask her if she is turning the air conditioner on which she would never do. She finally gave in last year and installed the air conditioning unit in the house but not for her, it was more for guests who can't handle the unbearable heat. I drove her mad when I was there last year. I would turn it on, then eventually leave somewhere, and she would turn it off. And like this in circles.

Fast forward to my house here - I just counted 29 downlights + additional x 3 lights in the kitchen + additional 3 lights in the living room + additional x 5 lights in the bedrooms + additional x 3 lights in the bathroom. There are a few lights around the house as well. In total, we're looking at around 45-50 lights in this one house. Add underfloor heating in winter, dehumidifiers, clothes drier (I don't think my grandma ever saw one of these things) + many other gadgets, and you get the picture.

From memory, my grandma's cost per kWh is higher than here but her overall electricity bill is negligible compared to what we have. To be honest, I would love to live more frugally like her but let's be realistic, I would probably end up in a divorce situation.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 6 Jul 2023 at 5:15pm

That's a topic in itself Flollo, consuption of goods/energy used by a man when single vs a man in a family situation!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 6 Jul 2023 at 5:47pm

Ingenious designs send shipping back to the age of sail:

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/trade-winds-shipping-i...

Looking forward to Cutty Sark vs Thermopylae race once again...

https://hec.lrfoundation.org.uk/whats-on/blogs/the-1872-tea-race

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 6 Jul 2023 at 9:27pm
flollo wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

We have to ask ourselves why do we need so much energy, many less developed global countries have little to no human manufactured energy, just what they can muster up at the time.
Opulence I say.AW

This one's easy Alfred. I just spoke on a video to my grandma in Europe (approaching 90 and still going strong) and I noticed 1 light globe hanging on a piece of wire in the background. I know this house well and I remembered that one light instantly. Other rooms are the same, 1 light. If there is a part of the house that's dark then that part is left in darkness and one needs the torch to navigate. Also, I remember only heating one room even in the coldest of winters. Leave some windows open in winter to prevent condensation (no dehumidifiers or similar devices). Have regular cold water showers (people in the village didn't need any influencers on this one, they were well ahead of their time).

I asked her if it was hot (it gets really hot in summer). She said no, it's actually very nice. But I know why she said no. She said no because if she admitted that it was hot I would ask her if she is turning the air conditioner on which she would never do. She finally gave in last year and installed the air conditioning unit in the house but not for her, it was more for guests who can't handle the unbearable heat. I drove her mad when I was there last year. I would turn it on, then eventually leave somewhere, and she would turn it off. And like this in circles.

Fast forward to my house here - I just counted 29 downlights + additional x 3 lights in the kitchen + additional 3 lights in the living room + additional x 5 lights in the bedrooms + additional x 3 lights in the bathroom. There are a few lights around the house as well. In total, we're looking at around 45-50 lights in this one house. Add underfloor heating in winter, dehumidifiers, clothes drier (I don't think my grandma ever saw one of these things) + many other gadgets, and you get the picture.

From memory, my grandma's cost per kWh is higher than here but her overall electricity bill is negligible compared to what we have. To be honest, I would love to live more frugally like her but let's be realistic, I would probably end up in a divorce situation.

Hi Follo. How’s things at your end?

What a great precise summation of your grandmother’s existence.
You broke it down very well. People of her age and that of my parents learnt to live that way basically out of necessity. They have long memories.
My parents still have all the cutlery, pots pan etc. we had as kids. They are simply not influenced by perpetual marketing and advertising trying to lure you into some false mode of comfort suggesting you should try this model or style or whatever is trending in our so called great way of living.
They live in a basic comfortable and affordable manner, nothings change to date.
Simply, they are happy in their own skin.

Your last line had me smirking, so true, couples can have a lot in common but also have a lot of differences when it comes to comfort. It’s often suggested that I go back to the cave I came from .AW

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 10:38am

Robotdebt report lands today. Mr Potatohead reckons it's a political stunt to make them lose next weekend's bi-election. The commission recommends criminal prosecutions. Let's see where the axe falls.- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-07/robodebt-royal-commission-final-r...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 12:08pm
suchas wrote:

Robotdebt report lands today. Mr Potatohead reckons it's a political stunt to make them lose next weekend's bi-election. The commission recommends criminal prosecutions. Let's see where the axe falls.- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-07/robodebt-royal-commission-final-r...

There needs to be some serious consequences for those involved, both politicians and members of public service...
Disgusting episode....

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 5:16pm

Disgusting episodes indeed.
One that could only be implemented by those private school suckhole Liberals.
And Indo questins why I vote Labour!

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 5:19pm

I hope there is some repercussions for Scummo.
Undoubtably Australia's worst PM.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 6:14pm

Scummo released a statement rejecting the findings of the robodebt inquiry…

And the prick is on holiday in Italy at the moment…
- no prizes for guessing who’s picking up the bill ;)

A coward, a war criminal and a career liar…
The gall of his behaviour and continued denial of any responsibility shows that he thinks he’s immune from accountability / prosecution.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 7:40pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Scummo released a statement rejecting the findings of the robodebt inquiry…

And the prick is on holiday in Italy at the moment…
- no prizes for guessing who’s picking up the bill ;)

A coward, a war criminal and a career liar…
The gall of his behaviour and continued denial of any responsibility shows that he thinks he’s immune from accountability / prosecution.

Scomo doesn't accept the premise of your assertion.... He's a good Christian you know, just ask Jen and the girls ...
Hopefully he can share a cell with brother Stewy.... Blood on their hands both of them...

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 8:34pm

I thought he might be in the April sun in cuba

eat-your-vegies Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 8:51pm

Kinda backs up the assertion that he was minister for everything but responsible for nothing.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 7 Jul 2023 at 9:01pm

Goldie crew apologize for Qldurrz CCC rubberstampin' The Fadden Forum.
This creep was already [L] bagman cookin' the books well before the Goldie Electoral Rort.
tbb checked into it & soon run outta paper...like a Hillsong Octopus he is...no end to it.
Fadden Forum boasted bankrolling 2 [L] Forum candidates as Clean Skins in local Goldie poll...
[L] Mayor declared his brown paper bags in Ruth's handbag were more honest than a QEC account!
Should never have gone further...this was enough already...this Rat is a career public purse funneller!
https://michaelwest.com.au/stuart-roberts-fadden-forum-used-to-secretly-...

Dude shuttles from each of his own Commissions...'did I do that...which one to rort next...'

Dec 2018 Commissioning Royal Commission Commissions with ROBO the Rat...
Just how does one even contemplate rorting a Royal Commission...OMG!

[26:20] Grey Wolf wines'n'dines [L] Roland the ROBO Rat

&t=18s
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-02/calls-asic-review-of-greywolf-qa-...

25th Nov Q&A Synergy 360 revolves around [L] Roland the Rat
https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/stuart-robert...
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=vid&q=ABC+Stuart+Robert&sa=X&ved=2ahUK...

March Inquiry sitting ...Cathy's Clown funnelling his escape tunnel.

March 2023 Judge Cathy : "Wot ...so ya Misrepresent things to the Australian Public...Cool!"

Have High Court Judge Scomo order Scomo the Border Guard to cancel Roland the Rat's gold pass!
Wot! Ya say Scomo is holidaying offshore of Cuba...with fellow inmates Boris & Trump!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 8 Jul 2023 at 8:27am

If nothing else come out of the Robodebt fiasco, it demonstrates what a bunch of nasty grubs Morrison, Robert, Tudge etc are along with their mates over at Murdoch's propaganda organisation are.
Geez I hope there is some recourse for victims and their families to mount civil action against these pricks .

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jul/07/how-the-coalition...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 14 Jul 2023 at 7:17pm

Fringe dweller @ #Duddo
By Daniel James and The Politics
The Liberals will likely hold Fadden, but their leader’s ugly politics are unlikely to work in the larger Australian electorate
In his typically conspicuous fashion, Peter Dutton’s attempt to control the news cycle in the lead-up to the appointment of Michele Bullock as the new governor of the Reserve Bank tells us something we already know: he is prepared to trash any semblance of bipartisanship to “win” the day, even if it means tainting the reputations of senior public servants. The opposition leader’s inability to move beyond his type comes at a time where he is asking the people of Fadden, in tomorrow’s byelection, to look forward and not back. While the Liberal National Party is expected to hold onto the blue-ribbon seat, which it holds on a 10.6 per cent margin, a reasonable swing away from the opposition will be seen as a reflection on Dutton’s leadership. But, even if that occurs, there is no immediate challenger to his leadership in the detritus of the Liberal Party.
In Fadden, at the last federal election, the LNP recorded a 3.6 per cent swing against the incumbent, Stuart Robert, a Scott Morrison confidant. It goes to show just how deeply blue ribbon the seat is. The fact that the party continued to put forward one of the dodgiest operatives in a former government full of dodgy operatives demonstrates the almost impossible task that Albanese’s Labor has in clawing Fadden away from the rigor mortis clench of the LNP. The resignation of Robert and a new face in Gold Coast city councillor Cameron Caldwell should make retaining the seat that little bit easier.
It’s hard to believe, but it’s only been a week since Commissioner Catherine Holmes handed down the most damming royal commission report in recent memory, which resulted in several referrals for civil and criminal prosecutions. The report on the robodebt scandal probed the roles of the government, the public service and the media in the persecution of welfare recipients at the hands of the former Coalition government, in which Dutton was a cabinet member. So it’s no wonder he wants the good people of Fadden, and no doubt the rest of the electorate, to forget the past and look to the future.
All week, Dutton has been deftly avoiding questions relating to the royal commission and the future of Scott Morrison. “We live in a country where you’re innocent until you’re proven guilty, and we need to be careful – particularly in recent years, the advent of social media and the rest of it [has meant] that somehow people are guilty and need to prove their innocence,” Dutton told shock-jock Ray Hadley in his regular confessional with the 2GB host. He seeks the benefit of the doubt for the unrepentant Morrison, while forgetting that, in the morality stakes, we have little credibility given we live in a country where it is legal to detain refugees in hotel rooms for 15 months, a practice the former Coalition government relished.
Dutton has shown little contrition for the actions of the previous government. Instead, he has spent part of his week chortling into the warm bosom of an IPA audience about their fringe hobby-horse issue – the woke agenda! “Now kids are being indoctrinated from preschool, where all sorts of woke agendas are part of the curriculum there,” Dutton said at an IPA forum this week. “And both governments, both persuasions, so at all levels, are to blame for this. It then progresses into primary school where it continues all the way through high school. And there are a lot of teachers there who are masquerading as teachers, but who are really either climate zealots or other social issues that they’re obsessed with. And the kids are hearing this daylight to dark.”
While Dutton is busy performing for the IPA, it remains to be seen whether he has the nous to effectively capitalise on the cost-of-living crisis gripping the nation. We are moving into the part of the electoral cycle where the action or inaction of the previous government matters less and less to people, particularly when there are new problems to be faced. This means the cost-of-living crisis is now seen as a problem owned by the Albanese government, and it should be an easy issue for the opposition to exploit while people are feeling the pinch on a daily basis. But people can see through Dutton’s “us versus the elites” rhetoric on matters such as cost of living and the Voice to Parliament if they are reminded what the government of which he was a member did to some of the most vulnerable people in society.
Dutton’s propensity to play to the fringes shows that the fringes is where he feels most at home. It’s where he is at his most real. It may be a winning strategy among the most rusted-on LNP supporters, but for an increasingly large proportion of the electorate it reminds them of the conservative party’s penchant for importing the worst of American conservative dogma. It has proven to be a losing strategy here. Dutton would do well to read up on the lessons from recent elections if he and his party are to find any success beyond Fadden.

Dutton
upload picture online and get url

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 15 Jul 2023 at 6:06pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 20 Jul 2023 at 1:20pm

NATO inch their way south by deploying 30,000 Troops to take out Oz Dictators

US Tanks secure strongholds for Comrades Conference.

News : "Brisbane is about to be Invaded by US Warship!"

US Tank blows up Australian Army Trucks to blockade #1 Oz hwy

US Warship invades Sydney

500 Drones Strike Melbourne destroying the Commonwealth Games.

SA ~ Hand of God ~ North Korean Invasion.

AUKUS Nuke Schoolies got trashed...Bummer!

Perth will soon come under fire from US HIMARS
https://veteranweb.asn.au/news/significant-himars-live-fire-exercise-sch...

US Troops take Darwin...

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 20 Jul 2023 at 2:01pm

^^ albo relays NWO priorities:
(in order of importance)
1. inflation
2. economy
3. people

amazing as always tbb, but adelaide has always been hard-core-porn about our feather-capped bros and sisters in the military. Exhibit A: 1978 st-vitas-dance package (is that you in the intro?) - 4:30: the U-Bombs 'Gimme a Medal'

&t=275s
(if anyone knows nicholas hope, tell him he killed in ivan sen's Limbo!)

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 20 Jul 2023 at 3:48pm

further.. war or hands of time.. Mick Bower, Adelaide's Grace Slick:

&t=176s

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 21 Jul 2023 at 9:19am

Giddy up burlz ;)

&pp=ygUKSmltbXkgZG9yZQ%3D%3D

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 23 Jul 2023 at 1:53pm

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Tuesday, 25 Jul 2023 at 11:06am
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 26 Jul 2023 at 8:34pm

So can we expect spud to be grilled by speers on insiders anytime soon ? I doubt it . Who’s going to be around to lead the leftovers ? https://twitter.com/shitfuckery1/status/1684148232371449856?s=46&t=5RczxwAfzXe7hKRZb3LMIA

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Jul 2023 at 6:59am
Supafreak wrote:

So can we expect spud to be grilled by speers on insiders anytime soon ? I doubt it . Who’s going to be around to lead the leftovers ? https://twitter.com/shitfuckery1/status/1684148232371449856?s=46&t=5Rczx...

Haha yeah right.
Only Labor politicians are held to account in Australia.
LNP get promo work done for them by media, including ABC. Geez the shitfuckery!!
Moved on very quickly from Robodebt which couldn't be ignored. Dutton was a member of the govt that pursued this illegal policy that resulted in many deaths, he should really be forced to resign, never mind all the other crap he has been involved in. Au pair, etc etc....

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 27 Jul 2023 at 8:44pm

nice sing along at the end

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 28 Jul 2023 at 7:51am

haha, pretty high production values on Qld police clips Andy.

&t=117s
(this is a beautiful film, pathossy as - david lynch does disney family movie)