The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 4:10pm
basesix wrote:

^ liked the first post, but yeh, this one is cracker..
watching prince charles in the wire was great, I had great expectation of treme, seeing the madam from Deadwood playing another role was fun, a mate hated treme cos the whitey keyboard street busker shat him to tears, but geez there was some info gleaned by people like me, the afro-FNP thing, and the pride, and the french and the music and the gumbo.. all pretty wonderful, and pause for thought about world views and government policy. and how people and politics play, and how people feel if they are not intrinsically part of the process. good series.

Spot on everything you said @b6, treme was outstanding, good to hear from someone who loved it as much as we did in our house

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 4:24pm

@AW,
Hi Mate, haven't chatted in a long while. Missed our chats. I'll be back soon, all cylinders firing hopefully. Yep the body has broken down, I surfed so much during that run we had at the end of winter it was bound to happen, I tweaked my back a couple of times and it was feeling dodgy but I kept waking up to six foot perfect waves every day so kept forcing myself. I got up to Melb. and a couple of nights sleeping on the fkn shaolin monk bed my brother left for me, I sat badly in a chair one morning, coughed and bang, blew my back out. It was like an electric shock, and the rig has been just a festival of pain ever since.
Normally it comes good in a week or so but this one, FMD, it won't come good. I've done some real damage this time. I've got a guy at home who straightens me up when I tweak like this but I haven't been able to get home to see him. I've done some hard days of late, but lots of us go through this and worse. I'll get right soon I hope.
As for the GoFundMe thing, kudos to you @AW for taking that here and drumming up support. Both PopD and his brother have daughters, absolute stunners the both of them, with hearing issues. So this is close to the heart. When I was on King Street I had a big community of deaf friends who I looked after, made sure they all got in ok, gave them drinkcards. They used to love clubbing and dancing, they loved the bass, would tell me they could feel it. I've watched a lot of those videos of people being fitted with hearing aids and hearing for the first time. Tear to the eyes stuff. Money is nothing to me really when it comes to things like that, I'd literally give everything I've got to see one of those smiles. So tipping in for that kid is easy, and good on you again @AW, you are a wonderful man.
Chat again soon.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 4:42pm

Gday Adam 12

Alfredo has been doing more than drumming up support 4 Great causes .

Great you can jump on that board , go Boy and get Back on your board soon .

His photos are causing a Carnage of creative comments .

Some seafoods that will really fire , your imagination .

I am not sure what they are talking about but find myself lol , really .

It's right your Pleasure alley .

Anything Shaolin sounds suss !

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 4:46pm
Roadkill wrote:
soggydog wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

So if this is who’s running the blues, who’s really running the reds ? https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-YTIBVultD/?igsh=cGZ1YzB2MDNuYTc4

Gawd, how far has she fallen. Now just a podcast guest in full cooker mode.

What a far right clown she has become.

I think that’s a pretty odd take. (By you RK)

Democratic representative. Democratic presidential candidate and campaign.

Now

Conservative political commentator. Campaigns for/with RFK. Campaigns with RFK for Trump. The Dems rejected her so she swung right and now is full maga.

Just desperately trying to stay relevant and grifting for $$.

Tulsi left the Democrat Party some time ago I’m pretty sure. Remember Hillary told anyone who’d listen she was a Russian asset or something to that tune.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 5:30pm

If Roady doesn't like Tulsi , she must be Terrific !

What's not to like , she SURFS !

She has watched other Women Leaders like Giorgia Meloni , Italy's PM , run Rings around Ursula at the EU Commission .

The attractive Georgia introduced Detention Centres to combat Illegal Immigration .

Guess what , rates fell 62% and have worked so well , Ursula is looking at expanding the roll out .

Tulsi saw the writing on the Democrat Wall .

She is way 2 smart to hang around a bunch of MisInformationer Warmongers and decided to Toughen Up , like Marvellous Meloni !

The US might need her 2 roll out Detentions Centres , US Style .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 6:03pm

Some class acts , looks like donny had to explain what the speaker meant .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 6:21pm

I didn't know the Catholics in the USA were so,.....not sure what the word is but kinda loose and pushing the limits.

Kinda nice to see.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 6:48pm

Hmm I didn't know that, that's good.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 7:48pm

i guess its just personal opinion but i like it, its much better than being all serious and prim and proper that i thought they would be, and good to see them taking the piss out of trump a little, if you give it like he does you have to be able to take it too.

Although i will say of that Trump vid i posted, i dont like him saying Harris is stupid or lacks intelligence, i dont think she has what it takes to be a good leader and dont agree with her ideologies etc, but she is still a very smart successful driven women.

I think it just comes across as male chauvinistic even if he might say the same thing if she was a man, it's also just really silly from a strategic point of view too, if he loses it will have a lot to do with the very low female vote.

Id have loved to have seen him change his approach a little on this election and tone that aspect down, i think it would have really worked in his favour.

It doesnt mean he couldnt go hard in other areas and still diss her and still go with the dont give a fuck shock type attitude, but yeah Trumps, Trump i guess he does it his way.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 10:18pm

Not sure how your post even relates to my comments or what point you are trying to make? (other than your typical anti Christian sentiment)

My comment was about this event a Catholic charity related one and speakers not being all prim and proper and instead being kinda loose and pushing the limits a little which i found surprising.

This is about Catholics not Christians and Catholic's actually generally lean towards voting Democrats, as do Jews, Muslims, Hindus

While Protestant Christians and many other Christian groups generally lean towards Republicans, which as your articles shows they support. (especially in times like these when you have issues like abortion on the table that is important to many of them)

Yeah sure not all Christian's support Republicans or Trump and he has a habit of making people take on more black and white stronger views either direction.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 10:55pm

catholic and christain are quite different

from proselytising to being more live and let live

all the same to religious bigots though I guess...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:00pm

speaking of religion, comedy, flippant remarks...

reckon this little off the cuff remark might cost kamala

got a laugh, preaching to choir and all that... and she relished in the joy...

but reckon she'll live to regret it

not quite a 'deplorables' moment, but expensive in a tight race none the less...

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1847362119131656362

https://x.com/BrittRooted/status/1847130733271568641

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:01pm

bill murray concedes to the dark side

https://x.com/SaltyGoat17/status/1847616997636321458

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:13pm
sypkan wrote:

catholic and christain are quite different

from proselytising to being more live and let live

all the same to religious bigots though I guess...

Correct. Same shit different shovel.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:26pm

trump the good samaritan...

https://x.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1847297972540670017

(which I gotta be honest... surprised me... didn't think he had it in him...)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:36pm
sypkan wrote:

trump the good samaritan...

https://x.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1847297972540670017

(which I gotta be honest... surprised me... didn't think he had it in him...)

Yeah wow...a multi billionaire slings a few bucks for a dog shelter and a flight for Mandela. I'm sure he never thought anyone would notice and say what a great guy he is.
You can clearly see why he's a leader of the meek. Nice work Syp!

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:47pm

"I didn't know the Catholics in the USA were so,.....not sure what the word is but kinda loose and pushing the limits."..."My comment was about this event a Catholic charity related one and speakers not being all prim and proper and instead being kinda loose and pushing the limits a little which i found surprising."

Not so surprising if you actually knew anything about it.
The Al Smith dinner has been held since the 1940's. In the sixties it became "a ritual of US politics" as the last time Presidential nominees appeared together on stage before an election. It is supposed to be a night where jokes are cracked, like a "roast" and some great funny speeches have been made there over the years. JFK and Bush the younger both gave very funny speeches I have seen in the past.
The dinner has been part of US elections for decades, it's always a loose and jokey affair.
I'm surprised such an "expert" on US politics and any other subject in the known universe he cares to comment on is so surprised to find this out
Kamala was a no show at this one but sent a video, not all Presidential candidates have fronted over the years, Bill Clinton didn't show at his, or Bush Snr one year. Abortion politics has caused some friction about the dinner over the years. Hilary did in 2016 and Trump's remarks about her were boo'd at that one.
This time Trump's lines were composed by writers, some of them were from Fox News he admitted at an appearance on Fox and Friends the next day. He said he didn't actually like the jokes himself.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:54pm
sypkan wrote:

not quite a 'deplorables' moment, but expensive in a tight race none the less...

Fella, you should probably stay away from twitter. You're algo is reinforcing the tripe that you want to believe left, right and centre. You can see in this video, The filmer, lets call her, Forehead from Hell, pans to the right when old mate with shit for brains yells out "jesus is lord", and Kamala looks left to take the piss out someone else who is yelling. "you lie!", at her. Come on, sypz. It's been like 48 hours since the event. Surely you coulda done some fact checking before posting more guff.

https://x.com/SeanOfDefi/status/1847363151664381994

I'm no Kamala fan, she'll let the bombs keep dropping, but so will Trumpy, and domestically, he'll do a whole lot more odious shit that Harris will. It's astonishing, hilarious and depressing how close this race seems to be.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Sunday, 20 Oct 2024 at 11:55pm

Fark me, that dinner has to be hands down one of the creepiest things i've ever seen.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:29am

I don't know wtf you're talking about hiccups

seems you anti trumpers are losing your shit in your dried up panties before the event even happens...

granted the polls look bad, but don't fret yet little pumpkin, the dems have got a few dirty tricks to play out yet before the big orange blob pumpkin gets the keys

you got an actual fact as part of your 'fact check'? ...or just your own desperate interpretation of events?

either way, let's just say, the way the video rolls... unadulterated... doesn't play well for someone in need of not isolating large swathes of the population...

Juliang's picture
Juliang's picture
Juliang Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 3:27am

?si=PlJyIjKq5wTEbfQ7

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 5:22am

deleted comment but you know exactly what I said about your latest pile of steaming BS ……. and what @hiccups said, so true

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 8:01am
Hiccups wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Fella, you should probably stay away from twitter. You're algo is reinforcing the tripe that you want to believe left, right and centre. You can see in this video, The filmer, lets call her, Forehead from Hell, pans to the right when old mate with shit for brains yells out "jesus is lord", and Kamala looks left to take the piss out someone else who is yelling. "you lie!", at her. Come on, sypz. It's been like 48 hours since the event. Surely you coulda done some fact checking before posting more guff.

https://x.com/SeanOfDefi/status/1847363151664381994

I'm no Kamala fan, she'll let the bombs keep dropping, but so will Trumpy, and domestically, he'll do a whole lot more odious shit that Harris will. It's astonishing, hilarious and depressing how close this race seems to be.

Out of curiosity I tried to do find some source debunking it, google, youtube, social media, but i couldn't find anything?

The closest was this from a few hours ago but it confirms things, only difference is what you dont hear that they had previously yelled out.
https://nypost.com/2024/10/20/us-news/christian-students-in-wisconsin-sp...

What is captured seems to be exactly what it seems some pretty full on nutty anti abortion Christians at her rally, yell out Jesus is lord, she reacts quickly dissing them, which in effect captured doesn't really look/sound good for her outside of the rally space.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 8:03am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 8:17am

Trumps getting out and about with some unique publicity stunts, this one is at McDonalds cooking fries and serving customers at the drive through.

Sandman's picture
Sandman's picture
Sandman Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 8:41am

Trumps latest election talking point is Arnold Palmers dick size , obviously what his loyal fans need to know before voting.

?si=ca7NiMw1deLEypp7

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 9:34am

Hey Sandman

Americans 4 some reason think it's Funny comparing Richards !

Weird !

After seeing Adam 12 Big Mac video , it's been going on 4 too Long imho :) !

Obama got some laughs when discussing Dicks ( not Chaney ) and Trump tried 2 trump him .

Not my cup of T and will let the Clip go 2 the keeper .

Sandman's picture
Sandman's picture
Sandman Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 9:47am

Yeah , Stormy Daniel’s has a lot to answer for, triggering Donald like that about his crowd and other sizes .

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 10:03am

Guessing Daniel's got the idea of Triggering Donalds and causing Stormy Affairs , from some another Mata Hari type Sandy .

As I said , it's being going on a Long time .

Some Donalds are 2 easy 2 trigger .

I sure wouldn't think of doing IT , not my cup of T .

Sandman's picture
Sandman's picture
Sandman Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 10:35am

Maybe it wasn’t his crowds cup of T either?
Or Arnold Palmers ?
Isn’t it amazing how the mainstream media can highlight something trivial like Trump serving at McDonald’s, and completely ignore his hugely inappropriate campaign speeches and comments .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 10:22am

Trump’s pronouns are me/my.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 10:38am

As I said , Americans , Democrats and Republicans , seem to think it funny .

It makes no difference to the election and is boring imho , so moving on .

Palmer liked Trump .

Harris bagging Christian supporters ?

I can discuss IF that will create a Stormy Election Affair !

Did she turn into a Bully , on Stage ?

edit

The two boys were Trump supporters .
No problem with Harris's response to hecklers .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 11:32am

"Trump serving at McDonald’s, and completely ignore his hugely inappropriate campaign speeches and comments "

I think you'll find that's a conscious decision...

they're avoiding giving him a gazillion hours of free publicity like 2016 - where they couldn't take their eyes off the clown show... and their ratings went through the roof...

many journalists / outlets have shown genuine remorse for that

maybe regret is a much better word...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 11:34am

"The two boys were Trump supporters .
No problem with Harris's response to hecklers ."

seems so... they were there to stir shit...

personally I couldn't give a shit about kamala's comments - she put them in their place... my only point was in the current climate it was a reckless comment that will probably come back to bite her...

and it seems it has... the twitX-verse has gone into meltdown with religious nutters getting all religious and nutty about it...

snubbing the press roast, 'offending catholics' with her staged phone in video, then the off the cuff remark... fulfilled a perceived well worn pattern from her brand of politics...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 11:54am

The 'new' trump christian thing is a funny phenomenon

all wrapped up with covid 'conspiracies', qanon, and a bit of new age spiritualism...

I'm curious as to whether those tut tut frowning headlines above do bunch catholics in with this supposed 'white christian nationalism'?

(that seems to have a healthy cohort of african amercans btw...)

anyway, I think the main point is there's 'christians' right across the political spectrum now... with some 'chapters' seemingly a mixture of new age spirituality, qanon type (healthy?) suspicion, with even a sprinkle of woke...

the old 80's/ 90s / naughties tradition of dismissing and bagging of christians, as some archaic belief system on it's way out, is now dangerous political territory...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 11:49am

not least because a lot of relatively recent migrants are still quite religious...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 11:58am

Righto @Sypkan, gun to your head, who are you voting for? Blue or Red?
I needs to know.
No pontificating, one word, blue or red?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:10pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Trumps getting out and about with some unique publicity stunts, this one is at McDonalds cooking fries and serving customers at the drive through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbMfewz9bic

This shit was staged. lmfao

Sandman's picture
Sandman's picture
Sandman Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:11pm

A couple of Kamala’s comments can turn off the Christian vote, but not Trumps many sexual assault charges, porn star pay offs , non payment of contractors, fact checking 24/7 ,(false witness) ,Arnold Palmer comments ,etc . Only in America.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:24pm

Hey Hiccup

Of course it was Staged .

Trump doesn't work at Macca's .

He always wears a Red tie and I bet likes a Hamberger , fries and coke , though .

More than half of the US agrees with him , Perhaps ( we WILL find out ) .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:24pm

patterns sandman...

trump's patterns are baked in

kamala is just feeding a beast of a pattern that has recently emerged

where religious dogma of certain sorts is accepted / ignored / fawned upon...

whilst others are constantly belittled and even condemed

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:25pm

"Righto @Sypkan, gun to your head, who are you voting for? Blue or Red?
I needs to know.
No pontificating, one word, blue or red?"

he's a god loving patriot going for the Musk lottery, red of course, no gun needed, except the one he's packing

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:33pm

don't like guns adam12

i'm a self righteous condescending democrat at heart..

and have said all along I wouldn't vote for trump, would probably just sit it out / vote independent across the board, with labor / liberal a disgusted to beyond caring abysmal last two at the bottom, as I've done in recent oz elections

but watching the kamala augmented reality show... I'd be leaning red... a decision I'd make in the booth...

still got a few october surprises to play out yet...

as it's the internet age

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:37pm

Evangelicals are a crazy weird bunch. Sexual abuse/rape ok… words trigger them.

Low life hypocrites.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:39pm

fwiw, I hate patriotism

really rubs me the wrong way

fucken hate flags and think religion of all colours sux

christians give me the shits... but not as much as the new religion...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:43pm
sypkan wrote:

don't like guns adam12

i'm a self righteous condescending democrat at heart..

and have said all along I wouldn't vote for trump, would probably just sit it out / vote independent across the board, with labor / liberal a disgusted to beyond caring abysmal last two at the bottom, as I've done in recent oz elections

but watching the kamala augmented reality show... I'd be leaning red... a decision I'd make in the booth...

still got a few october surprises to play out yet...

as it's the internet age

Wouldn’t have picked you as having Dem leanings, Syppy. I’d be leaning towards Republican (Prior to Trump emergence) if I was American. A very left leaning Republican at that.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:44pm

So you are not proud of anything Australian? You think any other country is as good as yours? No positive feelings for it? Wouldn't take up arms against an invading enemy?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:47pm

Oh My Star Spangled Banner !

Sypkan sounds like a card carrying , flag burning , Blue Boy Lefty .

Well done mate , spotting how Low the Democrats have gone !

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 21 Oct 2024 at 12:58pm
Island Bay wrote:

So you are not proud of anything Australian? You think any other country is as good as yours? No positive feelings for it? Wouldn't take up arms against an invading enemy?

I've learnt to love australia

raised on a steady diet of cultural cringers... I was a cultural cringer...

now - after spending significant time amidst other cultures - I think we're great... or at least have elements of great...

but still can't stand all that flag wearing australia day bullshit that emerged after the cronulla riots

I think it's ugly