Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:39pm

United States President Donald Trump's prime-time address to the nation about the spread of the coronavirus began with two unforgettable words.

"Oh f***".

CSPAN, the channel that airs all matters of national importance from Congress and the White House, had started its broadcast a few minutes early.

On screen, there was just a title page with the words "Presidential Address". Trump couldn't be seen, but his unmistakable voice could be heard. Clearly.

"Oh, oh! I got a pen mark," he said amid frantic shirt-rubbing sounds.

"Anybody got any white stuff?"

But he'd need much more Liquid Paper before the night was through.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:42pm

"lucky Rudd was holding the reins"... generally a bemused observer here but there comes a time when you have to say... the stupidity of some people a constant revelation

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:51pm

...speaking of alan jones...

he slammed smoko and co. for their $10 k cash payment thingy

challenging his tendencies of confirmation bias?

I love it when alan jones challenges his own side, he's usually spot on when he does...

which works for both sides, ....when someone shows the balls to challenge their own. seems to be the only time we get the 'truth' these days

not sure about alan's balls though, don't really want to think about it, but he does show them occasionally, just metaphorically thank god/buddha/mohammad

the fruit in his green suit did look rather dashing though...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:52pm

100% Lounge lizard

And some of the complete bullshit being spun on page 78 FFS

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:00pm

"just to lighten the mood

what a lovely story...

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-13/kid-from-jakarta-indonesia-far...

is it racist to fetishise an indo done good in oz?

...probably..."

Cool I know his dad Dave, a classic guy, very good Bahasa Indonesia too, both Dave and his son surf too.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:57pm

whats your take on the Rudd Stimulus package then LL?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 12:58pm

Skypan, I think Alan showed his balls to that undercover cop he was propositioning in that dunny block/gay beat in the UK all those years ago. Didn't end well that time,

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:05pm

"Cool I know his dad Dave, a classic guy, very good Bahasa Indonesia too, both Dave and his son surf too."

looks like the son could show some of those indo pros a thing or two about adapting to cooler climates and making the most of opportunities gifted from above

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm

Sure Rudds stimulus package didn't hurt and it was a good back up measure it was the right thing to do, but the idea it's what saved us is just Guardian type BS, our heathy economy was the bigger factor in why we didn't get affected as much and stricter leading measures than elsewhere etc.

The annoying thing is, it's not going to make one difference what any government does this thing is completely different, we are going into a global recession and a local recession, it's unavoidable especially with the connection to China and Asia and Australia economy being so reliant on China.

And then you have all these other local factors that we are now starting to see that is going to hurting people and the economy, jobs losses, business going broke, even event cancelation etc are going to hurt the economy.

But all you leftards are going to be going blah blah its Scomo and LNP fault, if Labor was in this wouldn't of happened, look how Rudd saved us from the GFC....it's not going to matter what Scomo does, never will keep you people happy.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm

"Sure Rudds stimulus package didn't hurt and it was a good back up measure to ensure, but the idea its what saved us is just Guardian type BS"

hahahahahah, you never fail to disappoint Indo.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:31pm

Do you really believe Rudd and the stimulus package is why Australia avoided the GFC?

Be realistic, like i said it didn't hurt, it was a good move, as an extra safety measure and as a political move.

But even without it, we would have been fine.

In this case the opposite is true, a stimulus type thing is something Scomo has to do to appear he is doing something, but lets be real shit is going to go downhill pretty fast in this year, nothing will avoid this other than a vaccine which they say isn't going to happen for at least six months, which is way too late.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm

Yeah mate.

Dr Henry said the mining industry, in fact, experienced a "deep recession" during the first half of 2009.

"In the first six months of 2009, in the immediate aftermath of the shock waves occasioned by the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the Australian mining industry shed 15.2 per cent of its employees," Dr Henry said.

"Had every industry in Australia behaved in the same way, our unemployment rate would have increased from 4.6 per cent to 19 per cent in six months. Mining investment collapsed; mining output collapsed."

Ask the people in the mining game who got sacked immediately as the GFC hit.
Yeah, we would have been fine.

fucking hell.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 1:56pm

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 2:18pm

A Scotty from marketing ban on gatherings of more than 500 people?

Sleafords Mods sell-out gig tonight. Thank fook.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 2:20pm

There is many articles that explain the reasons why we avoided the CFC

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-australia-ducked-the-crisis/

https://www.spectator.com.au/2019/04/exclusive-the-men-who-really-saved-...

Even throw in a Guardian one for you https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/28/australia-global-e...

Once again the stimulus package was a good move.

But this idea that Rudd and his stimulus package is what saved us is just simplistic BS.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 2:28pm

a link that doesn't even mention the stimulus?
and a right wing blog.

Ummm...try again Indo.

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 2:57pm

Anyway, silver lining time, expert opinion is that somewhere between 40% and 70% of the world's population are going to get the Chinese virus, and taking only the smaller amount of 40%, 3.3% of those people may die.

By my calculations, 40% of the current would population is 3,117,919,495 people, and 3.3% of that number is 102,891,343.

Now, I'm sure there are some of us on here that have been very, very concerned in the past about over-population. Especially in certain countries.

Well...?

Win win for the Boomer virus?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:01pm

More silver linings?

Finally managed to get one of my sons to eat vegetables, and all of them to wash their hands after using the dunny.

Only took the spectre of a killer pandemic to begin some good habits.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:15pm

If the virus goes full retard it’ll cause a depression. The virus may just be the straw which broke the global economy camel’s back as it’s already staggering around under $250Trillion in debt.

A proper depression will kill many more.

You wouldn’t really want to be a Chinese rural migrant worker when the factories stop in the middle of winter and you’ve got no savings. And there’s freaking millions of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chinese_Famine

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:15pm

most Australian seaweeds are edible.
as are pipies.

tons and tons of food around.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:17pm

After all this rain, my vege beds are booming. Shame they're all full of chillis.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm

Lots of rain . Food literally lying around on the ground.

If we’d just make Scomo Divine Emperor for Life then I’d start to believe that there’s hope.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:31pm

Im going to take to sitting on the porch in a rocking chair with a shotgun across my lap if things get out of hand.

I’ll just have to source a rocking chair and a shotgun.

And a porch.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 3:40pm

I keep forgetting that Lounge Lizard and Indo are way more onto it than leading European banking and finance magazine Euromoney, who awarded Wayne Swan "treasurer of the year" on advice from global bankers and investors.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:19pm

Well not sure if this has been put up already but shits gonna hit the fan big time ....

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/joe-rogan-podcast-coronavirus-expert-mich...

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:28pm

"Do you really believe Rudd and the stimulus package is why Australia avoided the GFC?"

Ido I traded markets through that period, seriously you no friggin idea and regurgitation brain dead Liberal party BS just doesn't cut it..

BTW it was Ken Henry that saved Australia.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:47pm

Think Australian housing in relation to speculative investing

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/goodbye-all-demise-globalization-...

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:52pm

It appears that the mass toilet paper purchase frenzy is a very real reaction to the Corona virus....
one person sneezes...…...and a thousand people shit themselves....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm

I put it to you . Is Scomo :

A/ Stupid as fuck
B/ Corrupt as fuck
C/ So psychologically bent by his religion that he thinks he’s doing crew a favour by sending them prematurely to meet his God
D/ All of the above

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm

Some of the best times of my life in that place , Megzee ( your avatar photo )

channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom's picture
channel-bottom Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:01pm

Well as soon as coastal real estate devalues, you'll be able to afford it!

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:07pm

Me too Blowin…..built it with a couple of mates in 86
Frontier land back in those days......

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:20pm

yeah nice to be stone in the stoney ;}

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:27pm

Times like that are priceless.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:30pm

haha troppo…….Too true mate
86 was a shocking year for waves with plenty of constant Nor Westerlies for months on end.....so we just laid rocks day in, day out...….Early Turtles then hard labour….
It would be great to hear how many crew have called it home over the years....
Sorry to interrupt the CV and Government topic boys....It was becoming a bit uninteresting....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:38pm

Provide three links from google the first that popped up on google.

Personally didn't know one was right wing but that's great if it is because it provides balance, because the other is from the most left wing mainstream rag going round.

And then yes one article doesn't mention the stimulus package, which yes only reconfirms that it was the icing and not the cake.

Then another two just totally ignore these articles and many other opinions of experts and try to paint the views as just mine and lounge Lizard.

Pretty simple if other countries had done what Rudd had done would they have avoided the GFC?....NO

Once again it was a good move he did a good job on that issue but it's not the reason why we avoided the GFC.

Anyway back to Virus talk

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:50pm

Megzee....I reckon I’ve met twenty people who claim to have built the Stoney. I hope you’re for real. You’re not from the Mid West are you ? Offspring who really , really like a left tube ?

If it was you....thanks very much !

PS What was the name of the fella who used to drive the Fred Flintstone style car about the joint ? He also claimed to have built it. Pretty sure he died of an OD in the early 2000’s . Nice fella. Had some funny tales . Particularly regarding dispensing frontier justice to certain crew ...

I remember him hanging a roo carcass from the ceiling in the stoney and wrapping it with towels whilst the meat set. Classic. It didn’t improve the fly situation up there.

Best place I’ve ever been.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:45pm

Golden Staph made lots of friends at the Bluff late 80's...…..
Hang on….That's a bacterium.....
Sorry Indo.....All yours on the Virus talk mate....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 5:57pm

Jokowi it seems is one step ahead of us all.

"Indonesia president Jokowi claims herbs can fight Covid-19

JAKARTA (Bloomberg): Indonesia's President Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo has been bolstering speculation that a herb concoction can ward against being infected with the coronavirus.

He said in a statement posted on a government website that he's been drinking a mixture of red ginger, lemongrass, turmeric and curcuma, a type of tumeric native to South-east Asia, three times a day since the spread of the virus.

"I drink the mixture instead of tea now," Jokowi said in the statement.

"I give the drinks to my guests, be it the morning, afternoon or evening."

The brew is called Jamu, and is widely used as a herbal medicine in Indonesia on claims that it can cure various diseases, from the common flu and stomach aches to uric acid. It's even believed to increase sexual stamina for men.

Industries are built around it and listed companies, such as PT Industri Jamu dan Farmasi Sido Muncul, produce it.

However, its use as a deterrent against the coronavirus is yet to be proven.

Despite this, Jokowi isn't the only one who's turned to the herb mixture amid growing fears over the virus. Demand for the blend has risen so much that prices of red ginger, turmeric and curcuma jumped five-fold, the president said.

Citizens should take it upon themselves to grow the herbs themselves, he said."

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/03/13/indonesia-president-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton diagnosed with coronavirus.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm
adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:44pm

So Scomo should be self isolating, not going to the footy. In fact the whole cabinet and all the state premiers should be isolating as all have been in contact with the Dutton virus. They must follow their own advice to the public.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm

Dutton : Coronavirus or potato blight ?

In other news...

2009- Stimulus is bad
2010- Stimulus is bad
2011- Stimulus is bad
2012- Stimulus is bad
2013- Stimulus is bad
2014- Stimulus is bad
2015- Stimulus is bad
2016- Stimulus is bad
2017- Stimulus is bad
2018- Stimulus is bad
2019- Stimulus is bad
2020- How good is stimulus

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:48pm

Blowin,, Geez mate, there are plenty of the old bluff/Canarvon/Kalbarri/ Panawonica crew who really know who built the shack.....
In fact, during the winter of 86 we had a few guest rock layers who jumped in to lend a hand....Pretty sure the original caretaker Phil Ogden would attest to the fact of who 'actually' built it, but who am I to spoil someone's fire place tale by telling the truth..... "Patsy" who actually wrote a Pictorial book on the Bluff surfing history is a good resource for 80's and 90's bluff surfing history.....Even a photo of us laying a few rocks..
As for old mate Flintstone, I can't help ya there mate because I hadn't returned to the bluff since 94' so he could have been one of many 'nutcases' who suffered from a bit of desert madness and instant localism, come enforcer....
Yeah mate, spent many, many a year in the mid west, and simply love lefthandermanship…
Oh yeah, as for the roo carcus hanging from the ceiling...….show pony....., I used to take the back track from Gero to Kalbarri through Ajana and it was nothing to see a local kid lugging a roo carcus over their shoulder...…

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm

“So Scomo should be self isolating, not going to the footy. “

I’ve got this strange warm buzz going through me and I can’t for the life of me think what it could be.
Hang on a minute, maybe it’s...
Yes! That’s it!
The sweet taste, the sensual caress of schadenfreude!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 6:56pm

Panna > Stoney > Kimberly > everything else ( my personal preference only )

Is that Bentley with the blonde hair ?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 7:07pm

As AndyM said...news updade...
PM 's isolation includes pissing himself laughing.
Bugger you I'm off to spread Dutto germs at the Footy.
PM went on to meet all the Premiers today...
Govt Wipes out Nation before Virus takes hold.
tbb is not Joking...That is our PM's reaction not 10mins ago!
Oz demands a Trump SWAP!

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 7:02pm

Crikey mate...where did you get that...?
absolute classic....thanks Blowin
Me....tall one
Rocky.....Chris Faul- another Kalbarri lad...
Geez, I think the little fella is Roon Dog....Coolum boy
Notice the big rock on the lower left of the photo....that's the back of the fire place..we couldn't move that bugger..
Notice the stinken nor westerly as well....

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 7:03pm

Bentley was there but busy drinking Orchy juice...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 13 Mar 2020 at 7:08pm

It’s out of the Bluff book.

You’re a legend for building that. Probably the most iconic joint in Australian surf culture. Of course the East coast fluffers would argue that till time ends.....but they’d all be wrong.

I dig the place. Good times.

PS ....the Norwester....that’s a love hate relationship. It makes me seasick to watch it inside the point and it fucks the surf , but it’s a nice little respite from the crowds these days. No ones bolting from down south for a norwester.

Assuming it doesn’t overstay it’s welcome.