Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:24pm

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm

With that hair you must of looked like ‘dog the bounty hunter’ in that 90’s pic blowin :-)

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:18pm

The complete fuckwit is YOU Indo. Just compare the Guardian to the Australian. What is wrong with you mate? The fucking joints on fire and here you are posting your jaundiced right wing horseshit. Caught in some anti-left delusion, you think you are funny? Are you a troll? If I was to stand your work up against the likes of Marr or Flanagan, how do you think you would rate? Those guys, both award winning respected writers of international repute , you, a keyboard fuckwit on Swellnet who is entitled to his opinion, I grant you that, but a fuckwit nonetheless.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm

Listen to the jingle. People died,1500 houses and businesses have burnt down and they put out a pop song!! Is this where we have come to as a nation

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm

Great article Steve, and that last sentence..

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:24pm

That "jingle" is somewhere between laughable and horrifying.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:38pm

Yeah FR good post.....i wonder 'when' or if the time will come where the people have had enough and start taking this to the poiticians,streets or parliament house demanding a change ...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:52pm

Everyone's out and swinging as they should be..

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:52pm

"The complete fuckwit is YOU Indo. Just compare the Guardian to the Australian. What is wrong with you mate? "

There's nothing wrong with him if that's your gripe. they are equally woefully shit, just different ends of the spectrum

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm

"Shameless and shameful."

That's not me talking, it's right wing conservative commentator, Piers Morgan on SmoKo's jingle:

No doubt it gets Indo's toes tapping.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:01pm

Someone needs to tap Indo's head.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:03pm

Cringeworthy stuff from our illustrious PM's office.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm

@adam12

Joints on fire and it doesn't matter what Scomo does it will never be right, cheap shots left right and centre, and media fuel the cheap shots, i guess thats just politic's and media though.

To be honest i feel for the Scomo, hardest job on earth at the moment, and media crap like those bogans having a whinge yesterday without showing how others responded positively just suck's, it just fuels the hate in a time when everywhere should just be supporting one another.

Just for the record if you didn't know there was eight fire trucks and firefighters fighting for that town of 700+ people, not a bad ratio, when fires are everywhere.

Anyway everyone is emotional at the moment, so sorry if i pushed things too far, just frustrated like everyone, will try to tone it down.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:09pm

Media fuel the cheap shots?

You've gotta be kidding.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:22pm

You just need some empathy coaching, Stu.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:22pm

You're missing so many points Indo.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:28pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:34pm

""Shameless and shameful."

That's not me talking, it's right wing conservative commentator, Piers Morgan on SmoKo's jingle:"

surely that is the nail in the coffin for smo-co. piers and the jingly propaganda piece

shameless indeed, seriously who is advising this very odd man?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:41pm

It's surreal, isn't it? Feel like I'm gonna wake up to the whole country on fire and SmoKo giving Prince Philip a knighthood.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:42pm

It’s as though the puppet master is on bath salts and he’s just pulling Scomo’s strings for a laugh.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 9:45pm

Light reading, Blowin:

https://www.environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/ab711274-004c-46cb-a9f1-09dba68d98c3/files/20100630-climate-fire-biodiversity-pdf.pdf

Check this passage from the Garnaut Climate Change Review:

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:01pm

Just out of interest, the toe-curlingly bad music in that jingle is called Tropical Beats.

Yes really.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:08pm

Fark, give 'em enough rope or what??

Jeezus wept.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:11pm

Astounding that report and review, nailed it!

Lots of forewarning for both governments.

And this great piece.. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/04/scott-morrisons-political-ad-is-a-bizarre-act-of-self-love-as-firefighters-battle-to-save-australia

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:19pm

I hated him before he used a song with synthesised finger clicks, now I hate him even more.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:24pm

Apparently Scomo’s new online advert today included a donate button that seemed to suggest proceeds would go to the bushfire relief plan. In actual fact it was for donations directly to the Liberal Party. The button was removed once it was called out on Twitter?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:26pm

Hey Indo, I just realised that you called that lady who lost her house and was crying and begging SmoKo for help a "bogan having a whinge".

Fuck you Indo.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:39pm

wow morrisons soooooooooo out of touch and i thought malcom turdstill was out of touch.........what we need now is Bob Hawke to rise from the dead and take control of this shit fight.He was a man for the people un like scotty.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 4 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm

The day Australians finally realised their government has abandoned them.

There is no coming back from this for Morrison and his climate change denying / coal loving government.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 9:50am

AndyM

I think its pretty obvious i wasn't talking about the lady in shock who didnt want to shake hands.

Anyway, i wasn't having a go at the people, i was having a go at the media, and how they portray one angle when most were grateful for help given, irresponsible and low journalism. (just like the project the other day, and then they got exposed and then try to make some lame excuse)

Anyway im over all you low life scum, using a natural disaster for your own political spin, it's like you are enjoying watching it all unfold because you think it will be the end of Scomo, Sorry a lot can happen in a few years before the next election, and most people ae not that stupid, even Albanese is being restrained because he knows if he was in power he would be in the same seat.

FFS Guy be real the government haven't abandoned anyone are doing all they can at every level, way back in November an extra $11 million in emergency funding was allocated to support the firefighting effort, since early november the airforce were involved army has been involved since November and now they are bringing in more army and all kinds of shit some of that shit has apparently never been done before. (obviously so much more)

Reality is no matter who is in power or what you do, no one is going to be able to stop some of these fires, they wont be put out until a big down pour or wind changes direction and burns back on itself.

BTW. I dont think you will find Scomo denies climate change?

He is just realistic about how much of a factor our 1.3% emission play.

I mean FFS this year he has given $2 billion for a Climate Solutions Fund, 500 million to pacific nations to help on the issue, and just in October another $1 billion into the $10 billion Clean Energy Finance Corporation (most likely more)

Yes he supports coal exports as does Albanese because it's our biggest export, and locally coal is the only base load energy we have, unlike most other developing countries that have Nuclear and decent amounts of Hydro, only other realistic option is Gas. (You want more fracking?)

Anyway im not even going to read this thread for a while, im way outnumber in my view and it's way to depressing and frustrating to read and makes me way to angry.

BTW. Just watched the add thing?..Gees i wonder why they have to put it out, because to educate people on what is being down, because it doesn't matter what they do provide, people like Guy above are saying the government is not doing anything (the last liberal party bit at the end, is a legality all parties have to put that on the end, if labor was in power they would legally have to do the same)

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:01am

ID being a low life scum my heart goes out to those bogans that went though hell and back losing everything rejecting a media driven PM who forces himself onto a pregnant woman then ignores her requesting help.

Then the PM goes onto making a political party ad using the ADF in the middle of a fire storm.

Its puts the secret holiday into perspective.

This has never happened before in the political history since federation never.

As a low life scum I recon its a bad look.

BTW nothing to do with the media.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:28am

2050 is as far away as 1990

Now go back and re read those 2007 projections Stu post at Jan 4, 9:45pm

“It’s only the beginning, but I’ve already gone and lost my mind”
- Deborah Conway

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:51am

Low life scum, hey V.I?

Nailed it*!

*the psychological projection, I mean.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:53am

No one, not SmoKo, the other 2 stooges, even Jesus, can save you now.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 6:24am

Save him from what ?

Some internet bitch who never puts her claws away ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 8:12am

The positive from this fire is that it’s revealed the complete inadequacy of many in positions of power within Australia’s government and its bureaucracy.

No amount of posturing or slandering in parliament can whitewash the stark failure on display.

Scomo has reached the top of the political totem pole in Australia without ever proving himself beyond the ability to infight and navigate party politics. So much for the theory that the major parties are stacked with the most talented, competent and able , the hard evidence unequivocally shows otherwise.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 8:20am

And thus lies the problem. As a career path, politics seems unable to attract very many talented, skilled people. And so we're left with these kinds of people behind the wheel.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 8:42am

Politics shouldn’t be a career path.

It should be an opportunity for people to contribute to society when they realise that society is lacking and they have the motivation and skills to correct our course.

And there is people from all walks of life who wish to contribute their talents in a positive manner , unfortunately these people are routinely hobbled by the political machinations of the political parties.

If I have to hear once more about such and such a person who had their political contributions prioritised or disavowed because of factional infighting within one of our rudderless , self fulfilling institutional parties , ill scream.

Our politics is handicapped by these unrepresentative clowns and their back room thugs.

Peter Garrett is a perfect example of someone with something to contribute and who tried to do so , not for power or financial reward , but because he was motivated to improve the plight of our nation. He was sidelined and boxed into an unwinnable position by those that are brought to politics by power and financial reward.

The problem is that the major parties now consist almost exclusively of these career politicians who possess no talent beyond an ability to garner factional support within their party.

Reform of the major parties , if not an utter disbandment is the answer.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 8:50am

Spot on Ben and Blowin.

Along similar lines and I've said it before, the prime example I recall is how the Labor party members wanted Albo as their leader but Shorten and his factional fuckers over rode the peoples wishes, and the rest is history.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 2:10pm

Bingo, Blowhard! As predictable as one of Pavlov's dogs.

Speaking of which - bitches with claws? - how good is sexism?

Add that to the long list of '-isms' on contant display.

As a famous 'bitch', Julia Gillard, once said, Blowie, "stop writing crap!"

Simple, really.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 9:04am

I had the pleasure of having a chat with Peter Garret, in the middle of his political run, only because he was strapped into a seat next to me and couldn’t leave. Instead of politics, or music, I brought up surfing as a topic of conversation, and Swellnutters would be pleased to know his eyes lit up, and we raved about bodysurfing all the way to the terminal. A great man and an unfortunate, early exit

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 1:11pm

As for politics, something to ponder...

Even in a best case scenario, what is the motivation, the ideology underpinning and driving an individual, to want to become a Liberal politician?

No knee-jerk, off-the-cuff reactions if you can. And no 'they're all the same' guff. Genuinely ponder and get back to us all.

What do their 'true believers' actually believe?

I'm going for a surf.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 9:20am

An old mate from school who I ran into at a reunion summed up his political allegiance by saying "I'm a business owner so I have to vote Liberal".

As for becoming a politician, any politician, I imagine you would have to be comfortable lying with a staight face.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:15am

Different type of fire

Doom

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:09pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm

Who amongst us is brave enough to say Morrison will soon declare he and the LNP were wrong on climate change? It isn't going to happen so business as usual, just throw lots of money at the problem like drought and water in our rivers (both now totally corrupted favouring price speculation over outcomes).

This is no automatic same same argument that Blowin suggests in his 8.12 am post today.

It's a matter of record that 3 Liberal PMs have lost their job over climate change and the policy challenges it poses. Turnbull had to sell his arse to the far far right of his own party and the Nationals in environment and energy policy and perhaps even worse give Joyce the water ministry portfolio. He lost the job to Morrison over the NEG (oddly no mud stuck to Fraudenberg - another promoted beyond his level of competence).

Morrison is no idiot. So the questions I have are what deals did Morrison have make with the far far right of his own party and the Nationals to secure the job or is he just as ideologically sound on coal, climate and the environment as those nut cases that no deals were ever needed?

I said a few weeks ago in a forum here before these fires blew up we were screwed unless we had a recession or the climate really kicked us back i.e. people had to suffer. Well, how rusted on do you have to be to see how fucked our political leadership is on climate, God help us, there could be worse to come this or next summer so that is why I reckon Morrison is gone, none of this passes any pub test and Australians are many things but they aren't stupid

(well worth a listen!)

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 1:35pm

Memories are fading,
A single voice complaining
While days are stacking up
It's hardly worth debating,
The people are frustrated
Drink from poison cup
The system is collapsing,
Conscience is relapsing
The damage has been done
On the day you come rising up
On the day you come rising up
Vision is rejected, The people's choice is tested
So ignorance has won
Children are infected, Remedy suggested
Don't drink from tainted cup
Overpopulation, a media sensation
The damage has been done
On the day you come…

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 1:42pm

Goof you're right, those images are horrific. I'm not ashamed to say i'm in tears. I feel so helpless.

Stay strong Aussies, help your neighbours and pray to whoever's listening that the summer rains will come soon.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 1:56pm

"The fires are behaving in unpredictable ways, spreading at night and even returning to areas that have already burned."

This, of course, is the other thing that shows the futility of blaming the lack of back burning.
When I heard on ABC radio a lady and her husband who stayed to defend a property on land that had previously burned and she described fireballs and fire fronts running across bare ground due to the climactic conditions my thoughts changed.

These weren't inner city latte sippers but hardened country people and they were shocked.

we can't burn our way out of this crisis.

loungelizard's picture
loungelizard's picture
loungelizard Sunday, 5 Jan 2020 at 2:06pm

huzzah for guy smiley! he's found a positive in the fires, the suffering he has consistently wished on the populace for daring not to elect billy shorten come to fruition! words almost fail..