Regional NSW - 7 day lockdown, August 15

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Saturday, 14 Aug 2021 at 2:49pm

Just announced a short time ago. Apparently the stay-at-home orders will be in place for a week.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 2:19pm
Cacadajy wrote:

Brutus, I have posted previously about our heath system being some what flexible but ultimately finite in capacity so agree wholly.
My comment was a bit of an airy flippant one lacking in any real conviction or thought really.

Read my other stuff. You and I have a very similar mentality.

Really hoping you Mexicans across the border smash through this one again. Today's numbers look bad but they show a pretty good level of containment.

Cacadajy......yeah I thought that your comment was a bit out of character......that's why I bought it up.....one of the other major problems we will have is the long covid.....5m poms have been diagnosed , and most can't go back to work..........
There are so many issues now arising from the Delta Covid .....I really wish some of the people who carry on here actually could meet and talk to the Drs and nurses.....because of my cancer issues...my Dr in Sydney, is freaking out as it looks like he will lose 4-7 patients by Xmas , because of elective surgery not being able to be done....
Yeah we are still going thru a lot of shit down here.......and it looks like no quik fix this time....people/families I know are so depressed ...I actually feel guilty about how uncrowded the surf is presently....
When you look at where we are at as a country......it's simple , lockdowns until vaccination rates are at least to 60%......

Solitude's picture
Solitude's picture
Solitude Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 2:35pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:

It is getting harder and harder not to be even slightly sceptical of everything going on at the moment. With all the conflicting information and mis-information, facts, truths, part truths and half truths, ridiculously conflicting rules that even a complete moron (except maybe VicMoron) can see straight through.
Take for example the NT case at the moment.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-19/nt-covid-rules-quarantine-under-r...
Person travels from US to Aus because of work. All permitted and cleared by Gov. 14 days in quarantine in Sydney. 3 COVID test with the last one on the day of release, all showing up negative. Travels from quarantine direct to Syd airport, flys to Canberra and then transfers directly on to Darwin.
Now remember, there are no know cases in the NT (outside of quarantine). Believe me, life is normal in the NT. It’s like COVID doesn’t exist. No-one wears masks, there is zero social distancing, no change to normal life at all.
In Darwin for 2 days, has a mandatory COVID test, as per NT Gov rules, catches Ubers, Taxis, visits shopping centres, bars, restaurants, etc, rents a car and travels to Katherine for work. In Katherine, visits shops etc and gets a call that he has tested positive to COVID, later to reveal, Delta strain. Greater Darwin and Katherine thrown into 3 day lockdown.
Now, with all we know about the Delta strain and what is going on in all the eastern states, logic would tell you that SOMEONE is highly likely to have caught COVID from this guy. But so far, no, no known cases, no traces in sewerage, nothing. I’m sorry, but I smell a rat here. It just doesn’t make sense. All that interaction with the community for 3 days and not 1 single transmission. Meanwhile over east, it is running rampant.
Now, I am not a COVID denier, I am not an anti-vaxer, people can go on with all their conspiracy theories about this all they like, but there are people suffering throughout the country from these lockdowns, not just mentally, but financially too. Businesses are closing, people are on skid row and yet all these decision makers, government, health officials, hanger on’ers and so-called experts, are still going on with life near normal, no pay cuts, no pay loss, no financial burdens, nothing. The balance is just too far skewed.

Strange hey? Same with the guy who gallivanted about Byron Shire. Don't think anyone outside his kids got it either - how does that work?

mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 3:57pm

Still zero cases in Northern Rivers and zero sewage detection yet Military now being sent to the border and Anna saying "clear and present danger.." (Rumsfeld?). Can they please call a truce and just agree to move that containment line South of Ballina and quit torturing the border communities.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm

South of Ballina??

You wash your mouth out.

mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 5:33pm

Haha, Okay just past the top carpark at the 'ox

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 6:58pm

Well eventually Qld will be in full lockdown so may as well get used to it . Vic NSW and Qld , definitely hope I’m wrong .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 9:08am

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/teachers-refusal-to-take-test-f... This is the attitude that causes the majority to suffer…eventually the fool will be publicly exposed.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 11:58am

Just found out I’ve got to wear a mask outside on the beach on my own…..lololol.

Lock.Us.Down.Now!

Vaccine ransom gets hardcore.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 12:32pm
Blowin wrote:

Just found out I’ve got to wear a mask outside on the beach on my own…..lololol.

Lock.Us.Down.Now!

The rule is masks outside for everyone, except while exercising.

Again, you twist it to suit your narrow thinking and make it about yourself.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 12:56pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Lock.Us.Down.Now!

Again, you twist it to suit your narrow thinking and make it about yourself.

It's always about himself. ALWAYS. Let's not forget, a few months ago, blowin was demanding to go to Indonesia. Given there's still 600 Australians trying to get home from there, maybe blowin would like to put up his hand and say "Yep, that was a bit silly, and a bit selfish"

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:18pm

Says the fella who was backing the return of mass international student numbers last year just so he could get his hands on compliant and exploitable slave labour for his events.

Imagine the super spreading which would have gone down if old Shooter McGavin here had got his way.

BTW- If I didn’t have responsibility for vulnerable people to deal with I’d have gone to Indo in a flash and I’d still happily be there getting pitted, so pitted . So much for selfish.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm

Maybe it's not about selfishness, but about the sheer ridiculousness of it; alone on a beach, the safest you can be.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:19pm
Blowin wrote:

This is where things are crazy and just take the piss out of things and people just go fuck this its ridiculous and just start turning against things and not giving a shit at all anywhere, yeah okay there is certain circumstances where a mask makes sense being worn outside, in a shopping area, bus stop etc, basically where there are other people, but its just crazy that you could get fined for not wearing a mask on a deserted street, or on an empty beach, or going for a bush walk.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm

Shooter doesn’t understand context. There’s a lot Shooter doesn’t understand- including why he’s considered the Gold Standard for Dumb Cnts.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:22pm

Is that the case?

came in from a surf this morning the cops were doing bog laps in the carpark.

people everywhere out walking and cruising with no masks.

Didn't see the cops even look like doing or saying anything.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm

They were waiting for the water cannon to arrive before getting stuck in to you filthy Louie the Fly superspreaders.

Granny Killer!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:36pm

No masks needed when exercising.

The obvious solution is to dress in lycra and run everywhere.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:37pm

Excellent article by Malcom Knox. He writes with the same even tone and wide eyed clarity as Stunet. Very similar style.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/police-ministers-urge-us-to-dob-in-covid...

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:44pm

Masks.

Funny thing, I reside in Radelaide, and although we haven't had any new cases in 4 weeks (don't throw stuff at me it's not a brag I have nothing but empathy for those states doing it tough) masks are mandatory in indoor spaces, public transport and large gatherings like the footy.

From what I have seen 98% compliance. But outdoors as a guesstimate 50% of people wearing masks and in the City it would be 75%. Outdoors where there is no requirement to wear a mask.

Again, not a brag, purely an interesting observation of society adjusting and adapting to change.

Or perhaps an alternative view is that Govt and MSM, through a constant barrage of fear mongering, has subdued a population into compliance to their draconian rules.

(I don't believe that at all. Got in before others could throw the authoritarianism, do you research and you will learn the real truth, compliance = Govt control etc. eggs at me)

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:51pm
Blowin wrote:

Lock.Us.Down.Now!

That just defies logic. And the gov wonders why people are starting to seriously question the decision makers and not complying with "directions".

It also doesn't surprise me that VicMoron can't see through the stupidity of this.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 1:54pm

"Says the fella who was backing the return of mass international student numbers last year just so he could get his hands on compliant and exploitable slave labour for his events."
You on the piss already blowin? Please tell me you didn't type that shit sober!!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 2:33pm

Shooter is also the same fella who said that Covid wasn’t a threat if we just had women leaders…..lololol

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:26pm

As snowflakes here cry about losing their rights….parents in Kabul are passing their kids over barbed wire fences in the hope they get out alive. Shit, I hope those kids don’t end up in Australia where we have no rights and the government is going all out to control the masses,

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:31pm

And Roadkill, if those Afghani kids do somehow get to Australia, the new human rights warriors over here will be still be screaming about masks, while demanding refugees get immediately deported back to Afghanistan or Nauru. Farkken Karens the lot of them

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:32pm
Roadkill wrote:

As snowflakes here cry about losing their rights,

Really Roadkill. Expected to have to wear a mask when you are all alone on a beach somewhere in rural coastal NSW . You can't see the lack of logic in that? You would rather compare that to what is going on in Kabul?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:33pm
Blowin wrote:

Excellent article by Malcom Knox. He writes with the same even tone and wide eyed clarity as Stunet. Very similar style.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/police-ministers-urge-us-to-dob-in-covid...

It all of a sudden in the 9 media landscape seems to be the cool narrative to describe things as a dictatorship or like a world envisaged by Lenin.

Excuse me if I chortle a little (lot) about that.

Knoxy is in Hotel Quarantine after a few weeks in Japan, all expenses paid, no doubt being served gourmet food.

He's just banging the stick in the same swill bucket as Chris Uhlman.

Neither of which have any idea about dictatorships or (and I suspect this to be true) do, but are just rehashing the the now fashionable narrative.

Knoxy is now having kittens about cops asking people to dob in their neighbours?

I don't recall the same level of concern over the yearly Operation Noah when they ask people to dob in their neighbours growing a few mullies.

You'll be right Knoxy.

Stay strong brother.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:34pm

Why do you keep cocking on about Afghanistan? It’s got zero to do with what’s going on here. You sound like an entitled old boomer who tries to justify locking down a nation of healthy young people to assuage his fear.

Buck up boomer. You’ve had the entire world fall at your feet due to house prices and now , after you’ve destined them to never owning a house , you want the healthy younger generations to give up months of their lives under house arrest.

Garn git fucked you selfish old cnt.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:35pm

but yes, masks in the outdoors is just silly.
as if that needs to be said.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:39pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

As snowflakes here cry about losing their rights,

Really Roadkill. Expected to have to wear a mask when you are all alone on a beach somewhere in rural coastal NSW . You can't see the lack of logic in that? You would rather compare that to what is going on in Kabul?

The rule is masks outside but no mask if exercising. It may not be perfect for all situations…but that is the blanket rule. Is it too hard for you to do?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:41pm
Blowin wrote:

Why do you keep cocking on about Afghanistan? It’s got zero to do with what’s going on here. You sound like an entitled old boomer who tries to justify locking down a nation of healthy young people to assuage his fear.

Buck up boomer. You’ve had the entire world fall at your feet due to house prices and now , after you’ve destined them to never owning a house , you want the healthy younger generations to give up months of their lives under house arrest.

You really do lack a reply, other than calling people cunts.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:42pm

Freeride- I’ve addressed this. Why do you keep comparing the first beginnings of authoritarianism with Lenin?

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:45pm

Roadkill "Is it too hard for you to do?"

Not at all and I wear it where required, but the logic in the blanket rule is ridiculous, exercise or not.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:51pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

If the shoe fits….

I’m over your sense of entitlement. I do the right thing every fucking day for you vulnerable old clowns and you still feel you deserve to bleat your incessant shit all over the internet.

It’s utterly ridiculous to ask people in empty rural locations to wear masks outside but Nazi fuckwits like you think that the world owes you everything. Fuck off.

“But it’s a blanket rule….” Stick your blanket rule in your arse. You don’t deserve to ever set foot in sunlight again after the way you throw demands about as though people’s endless obsequience is something you are owed.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:48pm

Free - Yet I just spent the last 5 hours bouncing around the streets of Adelaide and conservatively 65 to 70% of people walking the streets are rocking a mask.

City's are a different beast though. People going in and out of buildings etc and just seem to keep the mask on. It's funny how you don't even realise you're wearing it after half an hour or so.

The beach though..... Nope.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:53pm

Let me play devil's advocate re mask wearing outside.
First up, let's look at the policing practicalities of cracking down on people walking on beaches by themselves not wearing a mask. Relax blowin, the cops have got more important things to do.
There is evidence of outdoor transmissions with track and trace teams looking into links at playgrounds. So yes, masks are a way of reducing transmission.
Rules have to be made knowing a certain percentage of stupid selfish people will look for loopholes because they think rules don't apply to them. Governments have to err on the side of caution because being too relaxed leads to shit shows like the one NSW is currently experiencing. People can cry about state border closures all they like, but WA is in a much better place than NSW because the WA Government took Delta much more seriously than Gladys and Scotty did.
And I will leave you with this passing thought. Given the case numbers have been in the 600s in NSW for the last three days, and given the situation in Victoria is very precarious, anyone arguing for less stringent distancing measures has got absolute shit for brains.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 3:58pm

This week down in Victoria we took craziness to the next level.

“There will be no removal of masks to consume alcohol outdoors,” Andrews said.

“You will no longer be able to remove your mask to drink a cocktail at a pop-up beer garden on a footpath as part of a pub crawl.”
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/victoria-implements-new-...

So im guessing you drink a beer with a straw?

Not sure if its true but as a grommet we always thought that was the way to get real pissed.

BTW. If you dont need a mask for exercise, isn't walking exercise?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm

Indo-dreaming. This rule was brought in because people were going on pub crawls, buying single cans and drinking them on the footpath before moving on as a group to the next pub.
I think I know what the real problem is hear, and who is causing it. But according to you, the big problem is the government cracking down on the idiots.

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:00pm

Always have one of those cardboard take away coffee cups in your hand. Pour your cocktail or your beer into it. I'm gonna attach one to my clothes. Having one of those things on your person negates the need to wear a mask it seems.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:01pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

If the shoe fits….

I’m over your sense of entitlement. I do the right thing every fucking day for you vulnerable old clowns and you still feel you deserve to bleat your incessant shit all over the internet.

It’s utterly ridiculous to ask people in empty rural locations to wear masks outside but Nazi fuckwits like you think that the world owes you everything. Fuck off.

“But it’s a blanket rule….” Stick your blanket rule in your arse. You don’t deserve to ever set foot in sunlight again after the way you throw demands about as though people’s endless obsequience is something you are owed.

Someone send this snowflake a whaaaambulance.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:03pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:

Roadkill "Is it too hard for you to do?"

Not at all and I wear it where required, but the logic in the blanket rule is ridiculous, exercise or not.

Yep..there is a certain amount of ridiculous in the rules, I don’t think anyone could argue there isn’t. However, that is the rule so everyone should do the right thing as required.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:10pm

What a load of shit. The coppers are blunt instruments who can’t be trusted. Why should I be deemed to be acting in a criminal manner, liable for fines and prosecution and subject to the whimsies and discretion of the police if I want to lie on a lonely stretch of beach under the spring sun?

Last lockdown the coppers moved myself and my missus off a local beach despite there being not a single other person in eyesight. This time around the police chief has made no secret of his desire for the coppers to throw out fines like confetti.

The rules are absolutely over the top bullshit. They have literally no effect on preventing spread of the virus. They are arbitrary and politically motivated and every time some yappy old boomer claims we should shut up and accept these fucked up measures they are claiming that the lives and freedoms of those around them are utterly meaningless.

Fuck off. Every day another demand . Every day another restriction on living. Is there any gratitude from you old cunts? No….your sense of entitlement just grows and grows to the point where you don’t even consider that your demands on others should ever be questioned or doubted , just blindly obeyed without recourse.

Selfish, selfish, selfish old cunts.

Hurry up and die Roadkill. If you think that I’m here to appease the likes of yourself and that I exist at your convenience then I’ll happily walk past your virus ridden old corpse.

I don’t think you even realise how selfish you are. Expecting me to break the law if I want to sit on a rock looking at the ocean with the sun on my face without looking over my shoulder for the cops…..you should to be welded shut into your house before you dare to demand that of others. Lock you in with the hook nosed Bin Chook till you cannibalise each other.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:06pm
Blowin wrote:

Freeride- I’ve addressed this. Why do you keep comparing the first beginnings of authoritarianism with Lenin?

thats what Knoxy said.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:09pm
Blowin wrote:

What a load of shit. The coppers are blunt instruments who can’t be trusted. Why should I be deemed to be acting in a criminal manner, liable for fines and prosecution and subject to the whimsies and discretion of the police if I want to lie on a lonely stretch of beach under the spring sun?

Last lockdown the coppers moved myself and my missus off a local beach despite there being not a single other person in eyesight. This time around the police chief has made no secret of his desire for the coppers to throw out fines like confetti.

The rules are absolutely over the top bullshit. They have literally no effect on preventing spread of the virus. They are arbitrary and politically motivated and every time some yappy old boomer claims we should shut up and accept these fucked up measures they are claiming that the lives and freedoms of those around them are utterly meaningless.

Fuck off. Every day another demand . Every day another restriction on living. Is there any gratitude from you old cunts? No….your sense of entitlement just grows and grows to the point where you don’t even consider that your demands on others should ever be questioned or doubted , just blindly obeyed without recourse.

Triggered little baby…lmao.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:09pm
Blowin wrote:

Triggered little baby…lmao.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:18pm

Triggered?

Seriously….this is the gratitude from some of these boomer cunts. Zero appreciation of the sacrifices demanded of others.

Hurry up and die bloke. Get your virus, fuck off and die so the rest of us can just enjoy our lives.

Can’t leave the country
Can’t leave the state
Can’t leave the shire
Can’t visit loved ones without excuse
Can’t visit friends
Can’t go about business
Can’t go outside without a mask
Can’t choose to avoid an injection which has seriously fucked up people I know

Is Roadkill grateful of what I’m forced to do, against my will, for people like himself? No….strange old cunt still delights in laughing at my frustration and still has not found the limits of his entitlement.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:16pm

"The rules are absolutely over the top bullshit."
And yet new case numbers are still trending in the wrong direction in NSW.

I think we've heard enough from Mr Covid-is-just -like-the -flu-and-the-rules-are-silly for today. Go to bed blowin, you're drunk.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:18pm
Blowin wrote:

Triggered?

Seriously….this is the gratitude from some of these boomer cunts. Zero appreciation of the sacrifices demanded of others.

Hurry up and die bloke. Get your virus, fuck off and die so the rest of us can just enjoy our lives.

How did you manage to get yourself a missus? Did she take pity on you? Like a sympathy relationship? Lmfao.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:26pm

Vic Local….as bad as this roadkill fuckstick.

I’m not drunk. I stay permanently sober now cause I’m the only person who can manhandle the old fella upstairs in an emergency. But you feel free to spout your shit you hateful , disgraceful , selfish old man.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:22pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Aug 2021 at 4:30pm

Let it rip.

Rid the Earth of these softcock old boomers who demand everything of others whilst not even possessing the decency to show gratitude.