Heated vests

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 5:53pm

I know it is out of season but has anyone tried one of the heated vests, the online reviews say that the Thermolution is the best. Anyone used one?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 5:54pm

Thermolution?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 6:55pm

Haven't used them, but i know some guys a going a bit more thinner wetty during winter and using them.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 7:06pm

yeah have the quicky one but havent used it the last couple years as the water hasnt been that cold in winter ,wore it under my steamer,they go ok.

mackdog's picture
mackdog's picture
mackdog Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 8:39pm

I used the Quikky cypher occasionally for 2 Victorian winters before the battery wouldn't hold charge. It then became a very expensive vest. Got a mate who swears by the Thermolution. It does seem to be better made, warmer and more durable. I am not going to buy another heated vest again but am going to get a polypropylene fleece vest to wear under the 4/3 next year.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 26 Dec 2014 at 10:02pm

Yeah bb .
I have a rip curl vest ( can't remember exact model , will check tomoz . )
Basically I surfed the coldest day of the year last year , water and air cold . And I now use a sealed 3-2 rip curl suit with that vest only on the coldest days , but inclusive of hood and booties .
Having only a 3-2 on makes it that much more better . Almost worth eventually getting numb if it's good and you want to stay in the water for longer than two hours .