The Israel Palestine problem solving thread

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Oct 2023 at 10:45am

Because the world would be a better place if leaders only listened to Swellnet commenters, we've created a forum that makes it easy for them to gather our thoughts.

Today's shit talk is tomorrow's policy.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 5:37pm

I always had you pegged as an extremist Optimist with your one true god ruling over all other belief and spirituality, as extreme as any other extremist religious belief humanity has been inflicted with … and now in your latest post you’re inferring, no pretty much saying, the murder of the innocent civilians of Garza is somehow justified to defend Israel; that’s some special kind of evil right there, ever reflect on how you have ended up with the belief system of a psychopath Optimist all in the name of Jesus (what I apparently mistakenly thought) was a man of love?

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 7:06pm

;)

Guy got u all worked out flopti…
- you’re a religious charlatan, no different to hamas ;);)

https://m.

&pp=ygULa2ltIGl2ZXJzb24%3D

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 7:11pm

…the deluded flopti exclaims :
- “ Israel has given the world insight into how to live a peaceful and prosperous life with social order and hygiene , justice and equality… “

How exactly is that being put into practice just now ?
- get the fark outta here ;);)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 8:58pm

“Those to who evil is done do evil in return”
May well explain the Zionists actions since ‘48 and also the retaliation of the extreme amongst their oppressed.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 9:59pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

;)

Guy got u all worked out flopti…
- you’re a religious charlatan, no different to hamas ;);)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6k-8FTbgig&pp=ygULa2ltIGl2ZXJzb24%3D

Serious?. Like it’s a comparison of scale?
“Islam is the most depraved religion”. Hitchens, your mate.
“Then why do I have to travel with armed guards to protect me from death threats I receive from members of my own religion of Islam?” Ayaan Hirsi Ali

More recently at home:
Groups of Islamists driving into Jewish /atheist areas intentionally to antagonise.
q&A right now having to have an episode without an audience because they are concerned of what.,,,?

But yeah jihad & Islam is chill yo. There is nothing of reason in Islam which is sharia as the apologist in the vid states. At least Christianity has evolved somewhat from their medieval history.

opti wont murder deprive or rape you for not believing in his religion.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:11pm

It’s not about religion.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:23pm
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Lol. Fkn what? It’s almost everything to do with religion.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:24pm

Dble post

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:26pm

Righto

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 13 Nov 2023 at 10:29pm
seeds wrote:

Righto

Ha see what you did there.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 12:01am

This is a pretty interesting expansion of the Gaza situation in relation to the greater threat that jihadism presents now and into the future.

....."but the problem of jihadism and the much wider problem of sympathy for it isn't going away. And civilized people - non Muslim and Muslim alike - have to deal with it. As I said in a previous podcast on this topic: We all live in Israel now. It's just that most of us haven't realised it yet."

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 7:02am

;)

&pp=ygULS2ltIGl2ZXJzb24%3D

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 9:12am

that's a nice if what irrational attempt i can only assume has been posted to try and equivocate the 3 religions as if they're all just as "bad" as the other. They're not.

As the bloke explains - The Koran was written by God and handed down to the Prophet - where as the Bible is man's interpretation of God's word (you can see his dismissive smirking as he says it). That's important as it shows how the Koran unlike Christianity which has a separation from the political (or has certainly evolved to become that)- is a not only a faith but a law, and dictates to society through sharia, political and social rules. That's worked out great hasn't it.

The 3 religions may be just as delusional as each other but Islam is by far the most demonic. Only a fool what be persuaded other.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:10am
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Gotcha. What’s it about then?

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:41am
bonza wrote:

that's a nice if what irrational attempt i can only assume has been posted to try and equivocate the 3 religions as if they're all just as "bad" as the other. They're not.

As the bloke explains - The Koran was written by God and handed down to the Prophet - where as the Bible is man's interpretation of God's word (you can see his dismissive smirking as he says it). That's important as it shows how the Koran unlike Christianity which has a separation from the political (or has certainly evolved to become that)- is a not only a faith but a law, and dictates to society through sharia, political and social rules. That's worked out great hasn't it.

The 3 religions may be just as delusional as each other but Islam is by far the most demonic. Only a fool what be persuaded other.

Religious beliefs eh?
"Did you know, until the late 18th century it was believed that ringing church bells repelled lightning so many church bells bore the inscription fulgura frango, meaning 'I chase lightning'.
During a thunderstorm, bell ringers would run to the bell tower to ring the bells. However, a high tower with a metal bell was in fact about the worst place to be.
Between 1753 and 1786 in France, 103 bell-ringers were struck by lightning and killed, resulting in the custom being banned."

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 12:00pm

;);)

&pp=ygUXZm9yIHdob20gdGhlIGJlbGwgdG9sbHM%3D

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 12:00pm

haha i just spat my coffee out J.F!!!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 1:17pm
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Religion is the guise.
It’s about statehood. Zionism and the Jewish state is separate to Judaism. Similarly Hamas Jihadists aren’t following the Quran. Those psychos are wanting their land back.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 2:22pm
seeds wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Religion is the guise.
It’s about statehood. Zionism and the Jewish state is separate to Judaism. Similarly Hamas Jihadists aren’t following the Quran. Those psychos are wanting their land back.

With respect, I reckon you are wrong on that seeds. It's an Islamist religious ideology that predates Israel based on a pure and utter hate that aims to wipe the jewish people of the face of the earth.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/history/articles/the-nazi-roots-of-is...

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 2:34pm
Optimist wrote:

Most refugees are fleeing from Islam itself as nearly 100% of all global wars are Islamic conquest wars.
For 3500 years Israel has given the world insight into how to live a peaceful and prosperous life with social order and hygiene , justice and equality but it’s now our turn push back on the enemies of freedom and the islamic haters of democracy.

And here I was thinking hygiene was just a personal thing. But to you seems to be more of a religious/demographic thing. Interesting that!!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 2:52pm

Nice read but all it basically says is that radical Islamists hate Jews. No one doubts this. When you consider the Nakba and since then the continued taking of land and displacement of millions of Palestinians how would this hate subside? Of course it won’t. In fact the opposite will happen.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 3:19pm
seeds wrote:

Nice read but all it basically says is that radical Islamists hate Jews. No one doubts this. When you consider the Nakba and since then the continued taking of land and displacement of millions of Palestinians how would this hate subside? Of course it won’t. In fact the opposite will happen.

I suppose that’s my point. The hate was pre Israel. It’s based on religion and that religion is Islam.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 4:57pm

Israels 12 tribes have been around at least 5000 years and the country Israel 3500 years.
Islam is a new religion 600 years after Jesus.
Its founder was a warlord and a caravan robber who married a nine year old girl .
He also beheaded all the people who gave him refugee status in Medina.
He proclaimed all Jews and Christians should be killed or enslaved.
Then the same to all non muslims.
It’s mission statement is global sharia law and they are now in nearly every country.
Just sayin….

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 5:22pm

I really hope these poor people stuck in Gaza don't catch Covid. The news outlets would love that story.
Forget IDF bombing the fuck out of Gaza, covid is spreading. That's how we get the news to report it.

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 5:30pm

https://twitter.com/adnandani41
Scroll down to the 6th vid, girl on the left, bloke with Israeli flag on the right.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 5:28pm

If your looking for someone to blame...this bloke has got a lot to answer for
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 5:45pm

… the flopti, master of delusion, states :

(in regard to the islamic religious tradition)
- “Its founder was a warlord and a caravan robber who married a nine year old girl .
He also beheaded all the people who gave him refugee status in Medina.
He proclaimed all Jews and Christians should be killed or enslaved.
Then the same to all non muslims.
It’s mission statement is global sharia law and they are now in nearly every country.
Just sayin….”

…oh flopti ;)
- return of the great bullshitter …

Another bigoted, over simplistic and condescending false account… factual only in the floptiverse of speculative storytelling ;)

- only a few pages back on this very thread u said :

“… don’t believe the bullshit as it seems endless…”

Well ;)
It seems that u are the connoisseur of endless bullshit ;);)

- I refer to page 9 of the ‘all things religion’ discussion…

Flopti :

“ There are actually 3 heavens in translation, the sky above is the first, space is the second and planet Heaven the third. ( paul talked about the third heaven) You get to planet heaven after your spirit leaves your body. When you die your spirit descends into the heart of the earth and waits. Then if approved by God you are lifted up and go through the tunnel which is probably like a wormhole in Sci Fi. If unapproved you will wait for judgement but there is no time there so you wouldn't know if you've been there a year or a hundred years. At the end of the tunnel you will be greeted by The Christ Himself in His glorified form and put on planet Heaven, a very beautiful and physical place and in your brand new physical body. Earth will also be renewed after the great tribulation so for a time there will still be two seperate habitations and eventually just one.
It is comforting to know that on my death, my heavenly father will still look after me and guide my spirit or "actual person" through the maze of death and to the renewed and promised life.
Also, If anyone is interested in the time of the end and the mark of the beast etc. I think I can answer that for you, as I have a theory which has been playing out exactly correct over the last few years. “

^^ Now… ummm… what an absolute load of made up bullshit ;);)

- nothing but invented fantasy, just like your perceived ‘knowledge’ of religious history as stated in your latest post…
No mention of the crusades ;)
Convenient, cherry picked, divisive… and straight up bullshit.

… just sayin ;)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 6:35pm
seeds wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Religion is the guise.

Wrong. Religion is 100% what is driving these psychos.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 6:43pm
Roadkill wrote:

Things will only change in Gaza and with Palestinians when parents love their kids more than they hate Israel and / or the west.

https://www.reddit.com/r/religiousfruitcake/comments/17svor1/palestinian...

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 7:02pm

Putting complex history aside and the "what about the innocents in Gaza" to look at the here and now and make a simple point:

Calling for a ceasefire is an easy glib feel good statement to make from the sidelines (especially knowing they will not do it).

For Israel, to understand their perspective, October 7 meant a door has been kicked open in the likelihood, scope and scale of what Hamas and similar organisations might do into the future in terms of attacking outlying Israeli suburbs and settlements. They have done it once and now would see that as achieveable and the new normal for future attacks.

Whilst Hamas is still strong and functional, all but the central areas of Israel are totally unsafe to live in:
- secure rooms - useless
- walls, gates, fences - no protection
- patrols and guards - can do little
- a gun - not enough
- children - a target at play and at home
- daughter, wife, parents, yourself - targets
- sleep safely - no

Every night becomes "is this the night they might come back".

Imagine if all outlying suburbs of, say Perth, could be attacked at any time by terrorists.... End of life as you know it.

Negotiate? Sort of meaningless with the hardliners in Hamas.

Maybe those with influence can call for much better targeting, more restraint, Pauses, Better strategy for dealing with tunnels under hospitals, pull ambulances over to check and accept the risk and not blow them up etc, The death toll is way too high in their current approach.

Advocating for the possible is better than calling for a "never going to happen in the near term no matter who asks" ceasefire.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 7:15pm

Israel bombs the Al-Shifa hospital to kill a Hamas leader. During the bombing 4 innocent woman and 2 children who Hamas have not let leave, get killed.

Who has committed a war crime? What is the war crime?

Anyone want to have a stab at the answer?

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 7:22pm

Um, the 4 innocent women and 2 children for being Palestinian?
Unable to move freely outside the confines of their prison.
Seems that's all it takes to be condemned to death there at the moment.
Must mean they're war criminals if they're the majority of people dying.
They must be really bad and need to be eradicated.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 9:24pm

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 9:27pm
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:

It’s not about religion.

Religion is the guise.

Wrong. Religion is 100% what is driving these psychos.

You’re confusing Islam with Islamism.

?si=9kFn0fDxrTQcZHef
https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/muslims-vs-islamists

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 10:21pm

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 10:47pm

That was good JF. That was shit Roady. The last point about Israel independence statement hasn’t played out at all has it. Complete opposite in fact.
Then the Hamas statement. Hamas is not Palestine. They are the psychos controlling them. Well, Gaza at least. Problem being Israeli gov and Hamas are both ultranationalists. You should watch Jelly’s video above and stop believing Israel shits gold nuggets.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 10:55pm

great islamist/islamic vid @seeds. Concise info, schooled me, cheers.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 10:59pm

I’m learning a lot also. Gotta take the blinkers off though.
Cheers
ps just laughing at/with you and Waxxy West Coast on the other thread

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:01pm

I don’t watch anything jellybrainburleigh posts.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:09pm

… a nobody said just a cpl pages back :

“ Resorting to the usual name calling…. Is that all you have? “ ;);)

- haha… nice try… hypocrite egomaniac…
…typical fuckwit nobody dill ;);)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:15pm

@ Roady I know. You should watch this one. It’s long but worth it.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 14 Nov 2023 at 11:15pm

;)

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 12:19am

That hour long interview was a very worthwhile listen J.F. Thanks.
Filled in some missing pieces of important knowledge and solidified everything that i already was feeling about the situation.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 5:14am

Roadkills last video on 14th Nov is excellent if you haven’t watched it.
It sums up the whole issue and presents all the facts.
I love the fact that Israel even treated the Hamas leaders daughter in an Israeli hospital while he was there.
The truth is the truth and when you see it you know in your soul.
I can’t top that video.
Anyone who debates it is just pure evil and argues mindlessly for argues sake.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 6:35am

… haha ;)

- flopti exclaims :
‘The truth is the truth and when you see it you know in your soul.’

Sure thing mr endless bullshit ;);)
- how about this other gem of yours :

… “ I agree that I don't fully understand the destination heaven. I do know that it is a physical place with buildings plants trees water etc etc. and a city with 12 gates. A physical city etc belongs somewhere physical and with all the universe out there and all those planets I'm making the assumption it’s one of them and somewhere in the far reaches of the North. I also know that another race already resides there (who we call the angels). and they can interact with us but not us knowingly with them. I have at least once but that's another story. ”

Haha ;)
- u always got ‘another story’…
Always making shit up to suit your mindless agenda ;)

When the flopti tries to present ‘all the facts’… all that is actually on offer is ignorance, condemnation and hypocrisy ;)

- trying to warn others about ‘endless bullshit’ while spouting endless bullshit is the rule of flopti’s playbook.
It’s no different to pretending to be a servant of christ - and then being full of religious hatred and encouraging escalation of war… the exact opposite of everything the teachings of jesus represent ;)

- matthew 7:3-5
“ Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”

… flopti, messenger of hypocrisy ;)
- beacon of endless bullshit ;);)

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 8:18am
Optimist wrote:

The truth is the truth and when you see it you know in your soul.
I can’t top that video.
Anyone who debates it is just pure evil and argues mindlessly for argues sake.

I belive- it must be the truth_ _ _

?si=HVDDa8GVtQCvKE-o

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 8:50am
Rabbits68 wrote:

This is a pretty interesting expansion of the Gaza situation in relation to the greater threat that jihadism presents now and into the future.

....."but the problem of jihadism and the much wider problem of sympathy for it isn't going away. And civilized people - non Muslim and Muslim alike - have to deal with it. As I said in a previous podcast on this topic: We all live in Israel now. It's just that most of us haven't realised it yet."

just got around to this.
Sam Harris nails it as usual. one of the leading rational thinkers of our time. Thanks for posting Rabs

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 8:51am

Haha… nice work suchas ;)
- and here… an ode to the floptiverse of ‘truth’.

… the oracle of endless bullshit ;)
- as shown in every baseless, divinely idiotic rant …

flopti…
- once again, he lost his brain… ;)

&pp=ygUJY3ljbyBtaWtv

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 8:55am

…then and now ;)

- Bertrand Russell’s Last Message :

(This statement on the Middle East was dated 31st January, 1970, and was read on 3rd February, the day after Bertrand Russell’s death, to an International Conference of Parliamentarians meeting in Cairo.)

“ The latest phase of the undeclared war in the Middle East is based upon a profound miscalculation. The bombing raids deep into Egyptian territory will not persuade the civilian population to surrender, but will stiffen their resolve to resist. This is the lesson of all aerial bombardment.

The Vietnamese who have endured years of American heavy bombing have responded not by capitulation but by shooting down more enemy aircraft. In 1940 my own fellow countrymen resisted Hitler’s bombing raids with unprecedented unity and determination. For this reason, the present Israeli attacks will fail in their essential purpose, but at the same time they must be condemned vigorously throughout the world.

The development of the crisis in the Middle East is both dangerous and instructive. For over 20 years Israel has expanded by force of arms. After every stage in this expansion Israel has appealed to “reason” and has suggested “negotiations”. This is the traditional role of the imperial power, because it wishes to consolidate with the least difficulty what it has already taken by violence. Every new conquest becomes the new basis of the proposed negotiation from strength, which ignores the injustice of the previous aggression. The aggression committed by Israel must be condemned, not only because no state has the right to annexe foreign territory, but because every expansion is an experiment to discover how much more aggression the world will tolerate.

The refugees who surround Palestine in their hundreds of thousands were described recently by the Washington journalist I.F. Stone as “the moral millstone around the neck of world Jewry.” Many of the refugees are now well into the third decade of their precarious existence in temporary settlements. The tragedy of the people of Palestine is that their country was “given” by a foreign Power to another people for the creation of a new State. The result was that many hundreds of thousands of innocent people were made permanently homeless. With every new conflict their number have increased. How much longer is the world willing to endure this spectacle of wanton cruelty? It is abundantly clear that the refugees have every right to the homeland from which they were driven, and the denial of this right is at the heart of the continuing conflict. No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse from their own country; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate? A permanent just settlement of the refugees in their homeland is an essential ingredient of any genuine settlement in the Middle East.

We are frequently told that we must sympathize with Israel because of the suffering of the Jews in Europe at the hands of the Nazis. I see in this suggestion no reason to perpetuate any suffering. What Israel is doing today cannot be condoned, and to invoke the horrors of the past to justify those of the present is gross hypocrisy. Not only does Israel condemn a vast number. of refugees to misery; not only are many Arabs under occupation condemned to military rule; but also Israel condemns the Arab nations only recently emerging from colonial status, to continued impoverishment as military demands take precedence over national development.

All who want to see an end to bloodshed in the Middle East must ensure that any settlement does not contain the seeds of future conflict. Justice requires that the first step towards a settlement must be an Israeli withdrawal from all the territories occupied in June, 1967. A new world campaign is needed to help bring justice to the long–suffering people of the Middle East. “

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 15 Nov 2023 at 10:51am
southernraw wrote:

Um, the 4 innocent women and 2 children for being Palestinian?
Unable to move freely outside the confines of their prison.
Seems that's all it takes to be condemned to death there at the moment.
Must mean they're war criminals if they're the majority of people dying.
They must be really bad and need to be eradicated.

There is 2 war crimes, both down by Hamas against their own people.
Using a hospital as a location from which to fight a war.
Using civilians as human shields.

I don’t expect you to acknowledge who is doing the wrong here. I do expect you to keep blaming Israel for Hamas / Palestinian war crimes .