All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 8:59am
GuySmiley wrote:

Toof brush what a classic and talk of Tony Modra ^^ took me back to the Coodabeens when Pearl from the Peninsula rang in confusing Tony Modra in retirement with Tony Mokbel’s arrest wearing a wig in Greece; so funny.

“I said the Peninsula dear”

Haha
They were great

Bnkref's picture
Bnkref's picture
Bnkref Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 1:09pm

x2 for the Coodabeens. Classic show. The calls at the end were the highlight.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 2:03pm
goofyfoot wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Toof brush what a classic and talk of Tony Modra ^^ took me back to the Coodabeens when Pearl from the Peninsula rang in confusing Tony Modra in retirement with Tony Mokbel’s arrest wearing a wig in Greece; so funny.

Haha
They were great

Had me in stitches @GF
Pearl from the Peninsula, Peter from Peterborough, Wayne from Wantirna, Guru Bob ringing in from the temple

Your earlier comment ^^ about Dusty being a big game player so very true.

Ever wondered how a young Dusty (and many others from all teams) would have turned out if not for all the positive influences footy has given them? To me that is one of the great things about footy, the way it moulds rough raw kids into well rounded men, way better than the smoke and mirrors snake oil bullshit @opti flogs here for sure. Cheers

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 2:28pm
GuySmiley wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Haha
They were great

Had me in stitches @GF
Pearl from the Peninsula, Peter from Peterborough, Wayne from Wantirna, Guru Bob ringing in from the temple

Your earlier comment ^^ about Dusty being a big game player so very true.

Ever wondered how a young Dusty (and many others from all teams) would have turned out if not for all the positive influences footy has given them? To me that is one of the great things about footy, the way it moulds rough raw kids into well rounded men, way better than the smoke and mirrors snake oil bullshit @opti flogs here for sure. Cheers

GuySmiley. Hi mate.

You’ve forgotten one of the best ones.

‘ Stan the Sttttttttatisstician’. , used to crack me up.

He’d start off by saying Stan the Statistician but couldn’t get his words out , so he’d end it with. Stan, oh, I’m good with numbers. Hilarious. AW

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 2:54pm

ha yeah the Coodabeens are a quintessential part of the Victorian football landscape. The 'talkback' line was hilarious.
Sorry Goofy. Won't mention it again! ha. Having said that, it seemed that his motivation dropped drastically when Dimma left for the Suns.
Just wondered if maybe going up there might rekindle some of that fire.
He does look pretty much like he's lost alot of that fire so you're probably right....could be time.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 3:06pm

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 3:24pm
southernraw wrote:

ha yeah the Coodabeens are a quintessential part of the Victorian football landscape. The 'talkback' line was hilarious.
Sorry Goofy. Won't mention it again! ha. Having said that, it seemed that his motivation dropped drastically when Dimma left for the Suns.
He does look pretty much like he's lost alot of that fire so you're probably right....could be time.

Yeah I wonder if it's also got to do with a lot of the older guys he's always played and is good mates with with Like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards etc retiring.. Must have something to do with motivation levels.

What was the dumb arse kids name that would call in on the coodabeens? So funny.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 4:18pm

Kayden from Caroline Springs? Blues fan.
Good to see this thread finally focusing on the true religion.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 4:34pm

Cheers @adam12, what a hoot! Tears of laughter on the way home from the gym just now:)

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 5:23pm
blackers wrote:

Kayden from Caroline Springs? Blues fan.
Good to see this thread finally focusing on the true religion.

Yes! Hahah classic.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 6:19pm
goofyfoot wrote:
southernraw wrote:

Yeah I wonder if it's also got to do with a lot of the older guys he's always played and is good mates with with Like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards etc retiring.. Must have something to do with motivation levels.

What was the dumb arse kids name that would call in on the coodabeens? So funny.

GF. Hi mate. It was Timmy .

Let’s not forget, Cliff from Clematis, he always had a rumour, especially from someone else who had heard it from someone else who’d got it from a guy at work who knew the boot studders wife at bridge (cards) club, he’d always ask Tony, can check it out for me. AW

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 8:24pm

how good is religion.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 8:46pm

So good Burliegh, so good. Wonder if these carnts ever attend the faith healing gatherings mentioned here recently.
“Elizabeth Struhs lay unconscious on the floor in the care of religious group while her parents slept, court hears”
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-10/elizabeth-struhs-saints-trial-rel...

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Wednesday, 10 Jul 2024 at 9:44pm

Nut job cult.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 12:13am
seeds wrote:

So good Burliegh, so good. Wonder if these carnts ever attend the faith healing gatherings mentioned here recently.
“Elizabeth Struhs lay unconscious on the floor in the care of religious group while her parents slept, court hears”
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-10/elizabeth-struhs-saints-trial-rel...

Oh man thats so sad and makes you angry, poor young girl.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 6:49am

They are not religious or Christian. Mental nut jobs who knows what else they are into.
Hope they lock em all up for a loooong time.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 7:28am
ashsam wrote:

They are not religious or Christian. Mental nut jobs who knows what else they are into.

The church is full of mental nut jobs mate. Just take one look at the born again Christians

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 8:11am
burleigh wrote:
ashsam wrote:

The church is full of mental nut jobs mate. Just take one look at the born again Christians

Not to that extreme though, their is some strange cookies though, all Christians are born again Burleigh.
It's the pentecostal churches that mainly use that term.
You are probably only getting what you see from pentecostal churches via the media, unless you have been in some which I doubt. (not having a go at you).

Here's one for you. Have a look at the links in the storey on their amex card spending.
Flap me living like the rich and famous on their congregations dime.
There was a story on the board members multi million dollar homes and investment property's too awhile back.

I have said it before people that work in churches are like politicians, don't live in the real world lol ;)

https://protestia.com/2024/07/06/tithing-at-hillsong-church-down-100k-a-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 9:32am

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 9:32am

I'm with you guys.
I mean, who would let children suffer or die just because of blind faith and ideology?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 9:56am
burleigh wrote:
ashsam wrote:

wasn't @opti here recently advocating attendance at some shaman tent freak show which was promoting itself as a healing centre using an example of curing someone of schizophrenia?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 10:37am

if you suddenly become religious as an adult, 99% chance you've done some fucked up shit and want imaginary forgiveness from the man in the sky.

these are the people in the churches.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 11:01am

religion
noun
re·​li·​gion ri-ˈli-jən

1 A personal set or institutionalized system of ... attitudes, beliefs, and practices
2 A cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

also

faith
noun

1 Strong belief in doctrines, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

So what else can we apply the term "religion" to?
Maybe a question with asking and considering.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 11:14am

Burliegh? Arshram?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 12:41pm

Definitely the new religion, where even the basics of science and biology are twisted.

“Wokism is a religion without forgiveness

White people kneel in front of black people to ask them forgiveness for racism in the past. Photo

Opinion

Where does wokism come from, and what are its foundations? It is like the Evangelical Revival of 200 years ago. French philosopher Jean-François Braunstein explores these questions in his essay “La Religion Woke”.

The woke ideology has grown religious features, Braunstein argues in his essay. According to him, it fills the perceived void of a higher truth in the post-religious society of today.

The influence of the woke ideology seems to have reached all different corners of society. Braunstein mentions the examples of the Disney company that invites its white employees to reflect on their privileges, political activists who determine the academic climate at universities and track down old-school professors and the multiplying number of courses on anti-racism.

“In the name of the fight against discrimination, a new intellectual terrorism is taking place in Western societies”, he writes, as reported by Famille Chretienne. Braunstein warns: This movement overthrows all the usual frameworks of thought and its objective is to “deconstruct the cultural and scientific heritage of a West accused of being systemically sexist, racist and colonialist.”

Sacred
The woke movement was born in American universities but now conquers Western societies quickly. Braunstein points out that its rise is similar to that of the Protestant revivalists in the 18th and 19th centuries. According to the philosopher, it is the first time in modern history that “a kind of cult is born in universities, with its own vision of the world, its dogmas, its followers, its rights and its quasi-sacred texts.”

Even though wokists pretend to have invented a new theory, they do not act as if they work for a better world, says Braunstein. “Their religion is a religion of purification and magical thinking, where forgiveness is absent.”

Wokism is very similar to the Christian heresy of Gnosticism which grew in the 2nd century, Braunstein writes. “The body was considered to be inherently bad. The utopian vision of a pure consciousness imagined a reality in which the human spirit could be totally free from the weight of the body and at the same time from sexual differences.”

The same elements are seen in wokism, according to Braunstein. “I can feel like a man or a woman, but also an animal, a river. However, it is only in the metaverse world that you can change your body at will. In reality, doing so will lead down a catastrophic path with irreversible damage.”

Scientific
The thing the French philosopher worries most about concerning wokism is that the young generation is bombarded with the ideology of the movement everywhere. Yet, it is hard to counter this movement that is sweeping over Western societies, Braunstein writes. “The ambiguous role of the academic world in its development makes scientific and rational criticism almost impossible. No argument has any effect on them. We can try to stop them but not convince them.”

At the same time, Braunstein refers to an experiment that showed that the woke ideology is not based on scientific facts. He writes about researchers Helen Pluckrose, James Lindsay and Peter Boghossian, who exposed the corruption in research. They made up several shocking articles and attempted to get them published. Despite their writings lacking any basis or proof, they were able to get them into peer-reviewed publications.

Benevolence
That wokism can gain ground so quickly in the higher levels of society, such as in the political arena, is due to the gap between the elite of society and reality, Braunstein argues. He quotes Christopher Lasch, who stated in 1995 that the “intellectual classes are fatally removed from the physical side of life. They live in a world of abstraction and images as opposed to the immediate, palpable physical reality inhabited by men and women.”

The causes for this are multiple, Braunstein explains. “Youth feels the need to fight, a form of tyranny of benevolence in which part of this American youth from a privileged background was brought up.”

Some argue that wokism is born from the Christian ideal of compassion. Braunstein acknowledges that the idea of a victim needing help and understanding constitutes the background of the woke ideology. “These identity ideologies work because everyone wants to be a victim today, and this has become the absolute reference. But at the same time, the compassion claimed by these ideologies is a mad compassion detached from reality and reason. It justifies all the inversions of value and the most absurd political choices."

A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog's picture
A Salty Dog Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 12:43pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Definitely the new religion, where even the basics of science and biology are twisted.

“Wokism is a religion without forgiveness

White people kneel in front of black people to ask them forgiveness for racism in the past. Photo

Opinion

Where does wokism come from, and what are its foundations? It is like the Evangelical Revival of 200 years ago. French philosopher Jean-François Braunstein explores these questions in his essay “La Religion Woke”.

The woke ideology has grown religious features, Braunstein argues in his essay. According to him, it fills the perceived void of a higher truth in the post-religious society of today.

The influence of the woke ideology seems to have reached all different corners of society. Braunstein mentions the examples of the Disney company that invites its white employees to reflect on their privileges, political activists who determine the academic climate at universities and track down old-school professors and the multiplying number of courses on anti-racism.

“In the name of the fight against discrimination, a new intellectual terrorism is taking place in Western societies”, he writes, as reported by Famille Chretienne. Braunstein warns: This movement overthrows all the usual frameworks of thought and its objective is to “deconstruct the cultural and scientific heritage of a West accused of being systemically sexist, racist and colonialist.”

Sacred
The woke movement was born in American universities but now conquers Western societies quickly. Braunstein points out that its rise is similar to that of the Protestant revivalists in the 18th and 19th centuries. According to the philosopher, it is the first time in modern history that “a kind of cult is born in universities, with its own vision of the world, its dogmas, its followers, its rights and its quasi-sacred texts.”

Even though wokists pretend to have invented a new theory, they do not act as if they work for a better world, says Braunstein. “Their religion is a religion of purification and magical thinking, where forgiveness is absent.”

Wokism is very similar to the Christian heresy of Gnosticism which grew in the 2nd century, Braunstein writes. “The body was considered to be inherently bad. The utopian vision of a pure consciousness imagined a reality in which the human spirit could be totally free from the weight of the body and at the same time from sexual differences.”

The same elements are seen in wokism, according to Braunstein. “I can feel like a man or a woman, but also an animal, a river. However, it is only in the metaverse world that you can change your body at will. In reality, doing so will lead down a catastrophic path with irreversible damage.”

Scientific
The thing the French philosopher worries most about concerning wokism is that the young generation is bombarded with the ideology of the movement everywhere. Yet, it is hard to counter this movement that is sweeping over Western societies, Braunstein writes. “The ambiguous role of the academic world in its development makes scientific and rational criticism almost impossible. No argument has any effect on them. We can try to stop them but not convince them.”

At the same time, Braunstein refers to an experiment that showed that the woke ideology is not based on scientific facts. He writes about researchers Helen Pluckrose, James Lindsay and Peter Boghossian, who exposed the corruption in research. They made up several shocking articles and attempted to get them published. Despite their writings lacking any basis or proof, they were able to get them into peer-reviewed publications.

Benevolence
That wokism can gain ground so quickly in the higher levels of society, such as in the political arena, is due to the gap between the elite of society and reality, Braunstein argues. He quotes Christopher Lasch, who stated in 1995 that the “intellectual classes are fatally removed from the physical side of life. They live in a world of abstraction and images as opposed to the immediate, palpable physical reality inhabited by men and women.”

The causes for this are multiple, Braunstein explains. “Youth feels the need to fight, a form of tyranny of benevolence in which part of this American youth from a privileged background was brought up.”

Some argue that wokism is born from the Christian ideal of compassion. Braunstein acknowledges that the idea of a victim needing help and understanding constitutes the background of the woke ideology. “These identity ideologies work because everyone wants to be a victim today, and this has become the absolute reference. But at the same time, the compassion claimed by these ideologies is a mad compassion detached from reality and reason. It justifies all the inversions of value and the most absurd political choices."

Just another load of pseudo intellectual bullshit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 12:55pm

Yay great counter argument .

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 1:19pm

^^ mighty fine resurchin if only the knucklehead who posted it remotely understood what it means

#alwaysacomment

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 1:50pm

Hello Indo

I read the piece and it is an excellent summary of the Origins and Effects of Woke !

The movement that allows a bloke , who thinks he might be a sheila , a hybrid perhaps , to compete at the highest levels , against real Women .

And set new world records , for real women to try and beat ffs .

The Intellectual non response has been telling , ie Nothing but abuse .

Hey fellas , are U trying to say Wokeism doesn't exist ?

LOL - the Anti Wokers are out to play , no Forgiveness !

Perhaps you can contribute to the debate with , at least , some form of reasoning ?

If not , why get involved , other to abuse someone ?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 1:54pm

Ripcurl had a nice surprise when they went woke with that biological male they used in their campaign celebrating females.

WSL are so far woke they didn't allow bethany hamiltons name to be used on the rashguards for international women’s day as she spoke up about the WSL new transgender rule.

owgoodaquads's picture
owgoodaquads's picture
owgoodaquads Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 2:04pm

Saw 'wokism' and read om for a nice stir fry recipe. Disappointed to say the least.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 2:18pm

pretty girl...

(only unscientific and cult-like thinking can turn a blind eye to such madness)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 2:45pm

More revelations in court today.

Mum’s leaving jail after 4 years for doing it previously (but saved by dad) vows to do it again.

Difference this time is dad has finally succumbed to this madness.

4 months later the poor girl is dead.

Why isn’t mum charged with murder? Just manslaughter.

Where the hell was Child Safety in all of this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-11/elizabeth-struhs-murder-trial-rel...

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 4:37pm
burleigh wrote:

Ripcurl had a nice surprise when they went woke with that biological male they used in their campaign celebrating females.

WSL are so far woke they didn't allow bethany hamiltons name to be used on the rashguards for international women’s day as she spoke up about the WSL new transgender rule.

She's also a born again christian burleigh lol ;)

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 4:42pm
seeds wrote:

More revelations in court today.

Mum’s leaving jail after 4 years for doing it previously (but saved by dad) vows to do it again.

Difference this time is dad has finally succumbed to this madness.

4 months later the poor girl is dead.

Why isn’t mum charged with murder? Just manslaughter.

Where the hell was Child Safety in all of this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-11/elizabeth-struhs-murder-trial-rel...

Same place they were for this, no where. Different I know as they have form, but still.
Someone must of known they were in danger.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-11/nsw-sydney-lalor-park-house-fire-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 4:55pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

“Wokism is a religion without forgiveness"

Gor to say Indo that I tend to agree with you in that woke is an ideology that a lot of people have jumped on board with.
Funny thing is it holds some fundamental similarities to the conspiracy theory anti-vax ideology.

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:19pm

AndyM

I am interested to hear what Fundamental similarities U think Wokism has with people who didn't want themselves or their children , to be Vaxxed for Covid .

Sounds interesting .

Religious nutters or just f up with views that are off the planet , perhaps .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:15pm
AndyM wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

“Wokism is a religion without forgiveness"

Gor to say Indo that I tend to agree with you in that woke is an ideology that a lot of people have jumped on board with.
Funny thing is it holds some fundamental similarities to the conspiracy theory anti-vax ideology.

What about people that hears rumours about a virus then want to put poison into kids veins because of these rumours....... what happened in London? was i right not to panic?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:19pm

"Poison"

Hahahaha!!
You bed wetter!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:21pm
AndyM wrote:

"Poison"

Hahahaha!!
You bed wetter!

you didn't answer the question about London. Maybe you're MSM you get all your "knowledge" from is also a cult?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:28pm

You don't need the ABC or whatever to understand the efficacy of vaccinations.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 5:52pm
AndyM wrote:

You don't need the ABC or whatever to understand the efficacy of vaccinations.

dodged again. you're just like flopty when asked about the dinosaurs

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 6:02pm

You know what I think about polio in London, we’ve had this discussion before.
You never did answer me about whooping cough.
Let ‘em fend for themselves, build up natural immunity?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 6:05pm

In any case we’re on the wrong thread.
My point was that both the woke thing and the conspiracy theory anti-vax thing both have distinct similarities to religious ideology.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 6:20pm
AndyM wrote:

My point was that both the woke thing and the conspiracy theory anti-vax thing both have distinct similarities to religious ideology.

the only similarity is that they both have strong beliefs. you can not compare religious ideology to someone not wanting to get untested poison pumped into their veins for their "health"

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 6:35pm
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

the only similarity is that they both have strong beliefs. you can not compare religious ideology to someone not wanting to get untested poison pumped into their veins for their "health"

of course you can. the tests are as good as any, better than in 1730, your body ain't no temple, despite your cleansed liver, and we're all gonna die soon. big deal.
I have more understanding of people being guarded against their brain being corrupted, than their body. you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to think.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 7:05pm

On another note.
This is where religious ideologies fail people, parishioners and easy convinced folk.

The disgusting ordeal with the young diabetic girl who lay deceased for 36 hours before any one went to her.
In today’s society, it’s simply unacceptable.

All for the reason that the families were waiting for God to uplift her.

I hope the legal system deals them the harshest blow.

In 1986 at Lourdes in the Pyrenees I witnessed hundreds of people dunking their disabled children under the so called holy water, only five minutes later to then hear them all wailing.

This shit has to stop, as a parent it riles me.

Is it any wonder we keep making fun of people who are religious. One fucked up situation I must say. Brought me to tears hearing what happened to her. AW

I simply cannot believe that young girl was not given her insulin when she needed it most.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 7:46pm
basesix wrote:
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:

of course you can. the tests are as good as any, better than in 1730, your body ain't no temple, despite your cleansed liver, and we're all gonna die soon. big deal.
I have more understanding of people being guarded against their brain being corrupted, than their body. you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to think.

tests? is this more boomer logic on swellnet?

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 7:57pm

yep. no tests. i just looked it up. my bad.

ashsam's picture
ashsam's picture
ashsam Thursday, 11 Jul 2024 at 8:15pm

AndyM is cooked lol ;)