Custom wetsuit maker in Melbourne?

raytracer's picture
raytracer started the topic in Monday, 23 Mar 2015 at 2:16pm

I'm planning to get a new wetsuit for winter. Is anyone making custom fit wetsuits in Melbourne? If not melbourne, are they aussie makers elsewhere?

Robin Masters's picture
Robin Masters's picture
Robin Masters Monday, 23 Mar 2015 at 6:59pm

Zee wetsuits on the Sunshine Coast. I've got a couple, they're pretty good

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 5:39am

Zak surfboards in Thornbury. I see he's been getting custom tailored wetsuits done ever year. He's a nice bloke too and the shop is a bit of a blowout with shitloads of boards and heaps of vintage boards on the ceiling.

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 5:39am
wesley wrote:

Zak surfboards in Thornbury Melbourne. I see he's been getting custom tailored wetsuits done ever year. He's a nice bloke too and the shop is a bit of a blowout with shitloads of boards and heaps of vintage boards on the ceiling.

mackdog's picture
mackdog's picture
mackdog Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 10:40am

Ian Chisholm at South Coast Surfboards in Torquay does custom Axxe wetsuits. Think they might get made in Japan though so not sure what the turnaround time is.

town pest's picture
town pest's picture
town pest Thursday, 28 May 2015 at 10:25pm

Just ordered a custom Axxe Wetsuit from the boys direct from Zaksurfboards in Melbourne. Had a guy from Axxe on Skype when I was there checking a few things with them. 4 weeks and you have one from Japan to pick up at zaks. The best shop in Vicco for boards and wetsuits. Speak to DAmian the manager he knows the shit..........