Bloggers surfing photos!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 23 May 2014 at 4:16pm

So, here it is.... A place to upload a photo of yourself throwing some spray, pulling in, a late drop, a wicked air, a hell wipout!! A narcissistic's dream come true...... Come on guys (and gals)....... Be great to see some of the swellnet characters actually surfing...... Yeah we had "bloggers waves", which was mainly epic photos of breaks, but not much surfing..... here's your chance..... Show us what you've got!!!!!!!

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 26 May 2014 at 7:13pm

Oh, I see. Well, it depends if you count my 2nd toe! haha, get some problems from the big toe nail trying to keep that 2nd toe lined up inside a rigid soled hiking boot.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 26 May 2014 at 7:25pm

Back on topic though, good for gripping the rail on a day like Sat morn on the FNNSW beachies. The closeouts were kind enough to at least let you in, so you fade hard from the take off! Don't really have any other good shots... let's see it Udo!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 26 May 2014 at 8:46pm

Mitch.. Those south of the paddocks photos...... Man, you gotta go there this spring, when it's 2 - 3 foot..... Most fun little wedge ever...... Just remember to take off on an angle, not straight down the face... Forget the bottom turn...... Just "angle paddle" hard into the wedge and hook in ;)

blink23's picture
blink23's picture
blink23 Monday, 26 May 2014 at 9:08pm

I surfed Ratshits for about 6 years (when it was surfable) also during a cyclone i scored some of the best right handers i've ever surfed at a point break set up just around the corner from there with only two other guys out, only had it for about an hour until the tide fattened it out.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 26 May 2014 at 9:38pm

Sure will give it a crack Sheepdog, not sure if my mates are keen cos we really have heard a pretty heavy wrap about it, and there's so many closer spots. And even though there's usually complaints about crowds it doesn't often push us to venture to new territory. I'll try but.

Haha that's pretty lucky blink23, it's not easy to spot check around there.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 26 May 2014 at 10:06pm
mitchvg wrote:

Sure will give it a crack Sheepdog, not sure if my mates are keen cos we really have heard a pretty heavy wrap about it, and there's so many closer spots. And even though there's usually complaints about crowds it doesn't often push us to venture to new territory. I'll try but.

Haha that's pretty lucky blink23, it's not easy to spot check around there.

Mid week off season, Mitch.... When the swell is small.... Sept/oct.... Go to that c/van park.... I've had some of the most fun small wave sessions there with fuck all people..... The rebound wave jacks up a 2 foot swell to a 3+ foot peak..... Like dbah, but no one there..... So a 2 foot tuesday morning, everyone goes to work/school, and you are left with fun little wedges that have the power of a 3 foot groundswell........ Sand bottom..... Rip next to the wall to get out the back easy...... sweet......

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 26 May 2014 at 10:21pm

Cheers, good for typical spring winds too

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 26 May 2014 at 11:09pm

Here Sheepo .....

No its not in VIC ...... ;-)

And i've got one for you Welly . once i can find it , might have one for uplift too in "the vault" ......

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 9:53am

Is it in Oz, southey?..... Looks like a really long period swell...... Out west somewhere?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 9:57am

Looks like a competition vest Southey. Didn't peg you as the type.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 10:04am

Deep tube section Southy! No fat bottom turns out on the shoulder for you;)

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 10:10am
stunet wrote:

Looks like a competition vest Southey. Didn't peg you as the type.

Exactly what I thought haha.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 10:31am

Lollipop road workers vest, deep in the mouth.

Ya reckon that would go down well in the worded caption for WOTD, Stu......?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 10:46am

Ha...yep. Or this "Southey building a house with this deep tube ride in western Victoria."

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:00am
yorkessurfer wrote:

Deep tube section Southy! No fat bottom turns out on the shoulder for you;)

Hey!!! That's not a dig at my cutty is it??!!!??? ;)

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:04am

Nah not at all Sheepy! That cutty of yours is textbook! It was more of a cryptic comment comparing the two approaches of Southy to his old sparring partner uplift;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:13am

No Sheepio a dig at wellymon waving at his chick to quickly push the button.

Quite true what Southey says about getting surfing photos of yourself, in 30 years that was the only one ever, hahaha pretty funny and it was from a dumb blonde:)

Now days apparently you can set up a camera or video on the beach and wear a wrist band which signals the camera to take shots.....? Beyond belief.

A good mate was surfing Lefties down at Margs awhile back and some hipster looking young cool bearded thing was doing the exact thing, getting in the way and taking shots of himself surfing with his wrist band. My mate paddled over to him, told him to fuck off basically and said your an absolute nuisance, you can't surf and you're spoiling it for others.
Technology eh....!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:14am
yorkessurfer wrote:

Nah not at all Sheepy! That cutty of yours is textbook! It was more of a cryptic comment comparing the two approaches of Southy to his old sparring partner uplift;)

Boom tish YS

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:22am

hehehe..... Not going there....... Now, DON!!!!! DONNY!!!!! Pull out the black and white album from 1968.... Don't choke on the dust ;)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:44am

Guilty as charged Stu .
A Story of Being so keen that I forgot to take off the
the overalls and spaz vest , isn't gonna cut it ay .
But in saying that , I would add ( how can I comment on comp
Without EVER participating , or if ya can't beat em join em . )
Note that it wasn't anything more than local level , and at that stage we pretty
Much " cleared " the lineup ... Hence this was man on man , that doesn't happen
much . Does it . ?!
Was fun , but I never did well ( except at an intra club on the same track ) .
Again , your never gonna do well on comps , when your only focus is gettin pitted !
You could call it , Oz sheepdog . Just it couldn't be any further from VIC .
And besides even when they do have comps in western Vic . All competitors have to wear Black .......
Fluro' s for Torcool .

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:46am

Fuck I love surfing.......... No seriously...... Fuckn love it!!!!!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 11:58am

Ha ha..I thought I was taking an airswing. Like, there's no way Southey's gonna be in a comp. 

Love this line:

southey wrote:

And besides even when they do have comps in western Vic . All competitors have to wear Black.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 12:27pm

Bet that was a real crowd pleaser but aye Southey!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 12:52pm

Only if I made it . Mitch . !!!!
End section is a real bitch at this location .
Again , no one noticed it's a screen grab from a vid .
Unfortunately said vid missed the start of it , which was
the only worthy part of that wave . :-)

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 12:57pm

Yorky with a bit of a squawk up! And 'swollen's risked the mighty shoulder, keyboard flappin'! Guarranteed I've never had you two inside me out there. How'd ya go out there squwyorky? Never heard anything. If chi's puts the fear up ya, wouldn't bother.

Here's some old shots from the 70's. The car park is really different now. All those bushes, those whole little sandhills are gone.

Here's one pete, or toddy rom took, when they started getting some confidence out there.

Here's one from a few years ago. I'm 56 then. No doubt you boys will be out there inside everyone, hooking into them then.

Heres some when I was 57, beautiful waves.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 1:20pm

Nice pics uppy! Love those old historical photos. Thanks for sharing.
I've surfed 'your' wave several times over the years. It's a great tube! I'm a natural footer and love getting backhand tubes at the bowling left 5 minutes from where i live. When I head over your way I'm usually chasing righthander's as there's not too many good rights where I live.
Got any pics of you getting tubed out there? It would have to be a big tube to fit a man of your stature!!!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 1:31pm

Agreed, shot number 2 is sweet Uppity. Nice colours on that bowling section.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 1:36pm

Southey... Did you make that barrel? The two biggest thrills in surfing are barrels, and big turns.... Taking off wide of the actual take off spot on a 7 1/2 foot board, and just standing there like a lead weight doesn't do it for me..... Neither does upright cutbcacks....... So cheers, southey.... kudos to you...
There are these boomers that used to paddle over to old Woman Island..... Rode these ridiculously long thick boards so they didn't have to take off over the shallow reef.... Always took off wide...... I knew one of them.... His surfing hadn't improved in 20 years..... But he thought he was good, taking off wide and standing there..... Throwing an uninspiring turn waaay out on the fat face..... That's all that counts really, as long as he was having fun....
But I never saw him out in big sketchy waves...... Always surfed waves that peeled off - noosa points, old woman reefs... So much easier.......

winkie's picture
winkie's picture
winkie Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 1:50pm

z

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 4:21pm

@ winkie, how big is it...!

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 4:49pm

Good to see ya back looking at all my post dawgless. So full of it. Glad you love charging ya thin gutless slop (not you, the surf). How'd you go at blacks. Another, 'didn't aye'.

That's pretty much my photo collection squwyorky. And 99% were taken in the last few years. In the early days it was a full no no, filming people in the surf. Yeh, no doubt you ruled blacks, any shots? Like there's pretty much nothing that you haven't captured on film. Still can't remember looking inside though, and thinking, shit, squwyorkies going!

Funny in all the underground legend hullabullo no one mentioned Mark Archer. In that era there were no shots, yet he pretty much ruled the place for quite a while.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 5:01pm

Thats what I meant how big is ya winkie........?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 5:34pm

Rope a dope lol...... Never mentioned a name...... Hilarious.....Mate, you joined MY thread, stairdodger.... Couldn't help yourself hahaha..... Love the little chi's comment.... Glad to see ya' been paying attention, following my every move.... Yeah, a little 20yo qlder paddles out at chi's, never been there before, by himself, doesn't know the reef, amongst the glares of the "friendly" locals, the "rumours" of the sharks, the threat of loosened wheel nuts.... Balls, mate.... And the balls to admit me arsehole was twinging........ Old woman ledge.... google it..... Oh, that's right.... Take off on the shoulder.... Forgot...
BTW, seen better turns by an epileptic.....
Blacks just peels off..... Easy to get out with ya hair dry..... Just sit wide on a big mackn board and take off on the shoulder like photo one..... Can't be that hard.....
"Still can't remember looking inside though, and thinking, shit, squwyorkies going!"........ Yep.... out on the shoulder, looking where the real surfers take off.......... Checkmated yourself..... Soooo funny.... :p

Put some fuckn rail in the water..... It's called "surfing", not waiting for a bus.....

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:06pm

'Like there's pretty much nothing that you haven't captured on film.'

Sorry, my mistake, there are notable exceptions, ie, 'yetis, and aliens.

'Good morning everyone, this is your swellingnut captain speaking, just got back from a weekend of fighting yeti's and aliens, put your seat trays up, fasten your seatbelts, and enjoy the flight!'

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:12pm

They say a picture tells a thousand words uplift well you have written thousands of words telling us all how amasing you are. Now we have seen the pictures and they're a little underwhelming?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:18pm

Oh my, oh dear.

'I wont be commenting in regards to him again here... Waste of breath....'

Full of shit, sheepshit in fact.

You need me 'shit.

'Blacks just peels off..... Easy to get out with ya hair dry..... Just sit wide on a big mackn board and take off on the shoulder like photo one..... Can't be that hard.....'

Thats what all the kooks, chickens, and suckers do, that get pile driven, you geek. 'I know, it will be safe out here on the shoulder, FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Verdict,

'Mr Sheepshit. You are a proven geek, and slop banger, guilty as charged. Life.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:23pm

Rebel TV did a piece on Mark Archer and S.A. west coast.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:30pm

Lets see it udo
Please give as squawkers a geeking look... Interesting,,,!

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:30pm

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:42pm

'Rebel TV did a piece on Mark Archer and S.A. west coast'

Yeh, too bad none of the wise ones remembered him or have ever heard of him.

Inzless, you'll have to do the opposite, use someone elses wave, and no need to edit the scone. Fucking scaffolder... ludicrous. Definite swellnutter material.

sir ambrose beachfucker's picture
sir ambrose beachfucker's picture
sir ambrose bea... Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:47pm

UpLiFt that's exactly the same colour knob as your new ebay glow in the dark ' strap on '
you know the one you bought cause ya cashew stopped working.
Lane Habib remembers ya at the trough.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:50pm

Where's your blacks shot ambsless? Still searching for intel?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:54pm
southey wrote:

Here Sheepo .....

No its not in VIC ...... ;-)

Where Southy where....? Cant wait

And i've got one for you Welly . once i can find it , might have one for uplift too in "the vault" ......

Where, can't wait ;)

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 6:58pm

Sorry upmyownarse, couldnt help myself. Before you write scaffolders off you wanna have a go at lifting and placing a 3metre standard 25 storys up. I bet you would be shitting your crotchless undies. Your knees would be wobbling and ego destroyed.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 7:19pm

Mark Archer...I remember the old man and Paul Witzig telling stories about him when I was a young fella hanging round the fire at Paul's house at Cactus.

The Rebel TV segment on Archer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnimi_gzjVk

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 7:23pm

Found this old shot of Winkie at dustbowl, Dec. 1974 . He was the style-master, that's me in foreground.

Daly's '74 youngdog.

Rockpools 80's

You can teach an old dog new tricks. 2004.
Yeah I know ,pretty lame . Cheers.

trippergreenfeet Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 7:27pm

Cool shots old dog...the rockpool shots bring back some memories, got washed onto those inside slabs on a big day, no fuckin fun at all.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 7:33pm

Air as well 'Old Dog' ....!
Nice work champ
The Blonde on the beach must have good on the camera ;)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 8:06pm

yorkes ....

Uplift is always argueing with everyone over the same topic .... " how good he is " and " how good blax is " .
the funny thing is everyone that responds is argueing how much they don't care how good he is or where ever spot is . he just doesn't get it .......
Uplift , blax maybe consistantly heavy . and yes its heavier than most waves at 1.5M .....
its just that i can think of atleast 6 waves that are heavier , better and hold bigger ... I've surfed 4 of them . And thats not even counting NSW .
Anyway . As i said before in response to Mitch . No i didn't make that wave , ( i did make that section ) , i did back door the peak , and often backdoored the right off it on my back hand ... but i don't care , i have better photo's , its just they aren't as nice a shots . ( overcast , raining , too far out to sea ) ...
But it doesn't matter this isn't a competition ........ And i'll never surf better than Agent Bourne , ' coz he's 1'1/2 inches taller and 10 kilo's heavier , etc , etc .....
The only thing i have going for me , is that i'd rather pull in deep and not make it than shoulder hop . And that doesn't change whatever size it is ...... Probably the same reason , i've had so many surfing injuries . I'd rather be a has been , than a " Never has been " ........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 9:23pm

Old dog.... Nice man... Nice indeed.....Southey Yeah, respect man... I'd rather watch you pull in deep and not come out than watch stairdodger take off on the shoulder in his mein kampf stance, then going waaay out on the fat where a surfboat should be, just to do a doe see doe your partner turn.....

I think stairdodger secretly admires me..... To troll back through countless pages of forums just to dig up a sheepdog quote is both flattering, and a bit "stalk scary at the same time lol.....
Nahhh, don't need ya, stairdodger.... Been happily "yappin' " away for weeks without ya'... hehehe....
But you've been craving the dog..... You've missed it......
How big is that shoulder hopping mal with the pointy nose, stairdodger? 7'4? 7'6? Hilarious....

"Thats what all the kooks, chickens, and suckers do, that get pile driven, you geek."

Well....... Photo 1....... Nowhere near the takeoff ... Kook, yep.... Chicken? Yep...... Sucker? Yep.... I can see your trail in the lip.... The whole world can see it...... Paddle in on a surfski "shortboard", nice and easy - and can't even take off on the peak...... A real surfer like yorko or southey would've already been barreled...... And like you said, you'd be looking from the shoulder..... Seen blokes like you at the island..... A legend in their own lunchtime...... I'm waaaaay more impressed by old dogs 4th photo.... Style.... Speed.... Class......
Now put some fuckn rail in the water, and stop shoulder hopping, wasting quality waves that real surfers could get barreled on!!!
(ps You love it - you missed it )