Tunes

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012 at 6:47pm

Alright, time for some discussion on what yr all listening too. My iTunes inventory is getting a little stale so I'm up for some inspiration.

Currently loving The Drones' album "Havilah".. incredible songwriting and some of the best recorded guitars and drum I've heard in a long time. I'm a little late to the party with this album but it's on high rotation at the moment and will probably stay there a while. I've seen these guys live once (Fowlers, Adelaide) and fortunately they're incredible on stage too. Can't wait to see them again.

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 4 May 2014 at 9:09pm
thermalben wrote:

Two albums got a good thrashing today - Helmet's "Betty" and Girls Against Boys' "House of GVSB".

House of GVSB is a great album. Great band!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 9 May 2014 at 5:55pm

Been a tough week for many.... But it's friday.... Music time.... Now, if you happen to own a v8, AND, if you happen to be in the NT, or on a private bush road, just give it a rev..... play this,,, and fuckn plant the foot!!!
Ooooh yeah!!!!!

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 1:40pm

Tatanka's John Dunbar, some mighty fine dub to get me through the morning in the desert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZi8szCMv4g

The view

From inside here

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 11 May 2014 at 10:00am

How cools this vid/song, one string on a shitty guitar.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 11 May 2014 at 10:19am

The Bronx are coming to town next month.. Anyone going?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 11 May 2014 at 11:05pm

Yep, Melbourne show.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 16 May 2014 at 6:57pm

Necking cheap Shiraz and listening to GG Allin. Wot a treat this is!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 16 May 2014 at 7:46pm

Had a thing for " Callistan " by Frank Black ( Teenager of the year ) last couple of days. Post apocalyptic retrospective of LA .

How good is soaking up good tunes with a buzz going. I've got a similar deal going to you Stu.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 16 May 2014 at 8:00pm

Can't go wrong with Frank Black Blowin' have you heard Black Letter Day or Bluefinger?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 16 May 2014 at 8:05pm

Ha...my idea of a great night in Blowin. Worked my way from GG Allin to Napalm Death but the intermittent Spotify ads featuring sunny dance music were too much of a shock. Had to move on. Prolly a good thing, the growling was scaring the kids. Gone somewhat downtempo with Bad Brains > Stooges > XTC > Jesus and Mary Chain > and looking for my next avenue....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 16 May 2014 at 8:48pm

Nah Blindboy haven't heard them... But I will now. Cheers.
Downtempo ? I've gone from Roman beach party ( Celibate Rifles) to Honeymoon is over ( Cruel Sea ) .

Anymore downtempo and I'll be a puddle on the floor.

Going to watch a Muy Thai boxing fight in a couple of hours, better start ramping the atmosphere back up...

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 11:37am
trippergreenfeet wrote:

Tatanka's John Dunbar, some mighty fine dub to get me through the morning in the desert.

The view

From inside here

Tatanka (sitting bull), just been listening to that fine dub TGF, been awhile since I listened to dub, which put me down the electronic music realm.

I thought yo flew little choppers TGF not big iron ore trains, the cockpit looks like a DJ set up.....?
Do you own a Tatanka travel bag...?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 9:17pm

Digging through some old vinyl...... Came across a track that has a quite "no sense cold chisel" feel to the riff....... But this was 1978....

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 9:37pm

Sheepy, i played full album of 'ratticus norvegicus ' this arvo took me back to my youth.......I feel like a wog was a classic.....no more heroes

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 10:39am

Udo.... In 2 totally separate parts of Oz, we had the stranglers blaring at the same time...... Very odd. Great minds think alike ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 11:30am

Missed out when they played at ' the patch' in 1978 or 79 !

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 11:52am

Yeah, was a bit too young for that one.......
Just pulled out another classic vinyl..... Mate if you are listening to this today as well, I think we should go 1/2s in a lotto

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 12:05pm

Was thinking about playing London calling.......but ....will play ' door door' instead

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 1:35pm

I bought a copy of Greetings From LA last week. Still sounds great to these ears.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 1:48pm

Here ya go, udo..... classic

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 2:53pm
wellymon wrote:
trippergreenfeet wrote:

The view

From inside here

Tatanka (sitting bull), just been listening to that fine dub TGF, been awhile since I listened to dub, which put me down the electronic music realm.

I thought yo flew little choppers TGF not big iron ore trains, the cockpit looks like a DJ set up.....?
Do you own a Tatanka travel bag...?

I still fly little choppers, used to fly the UAV's at Telfer.
These days I'm a Tech Writer - my current gig is writing the operating procedures for these track maintenance machines. I like to get involved in my work, so I gets hands on and have a go at whatever I can. Driving these track machines has been a real cool learning experience.
The way things are going I'm gonna be stuck at Hedland for a while with BHP, spewin cause that blows out my Kazakhstan gig.

Tatanka travel bag, never heard of them. Good quality eh?

There is also an Italian DJ who goes by the name of Tatanka if you like electro.

Post surf tunes today, The Alchemystics - after a great sesh of 4', glassy freight train rights reeling for 200m+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltoLGNG7r3g

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 3:18pm

Pulled out three consecutive albums by Gomez this afternoon - Bring It On, Liquid Skin and Split the Difference. Sometimes this band just slots in perfectly for the mood.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 4:04pm

Nice work TGF, very high tech stuff your doing, I knew you have a wealth of information :)

Good travel bags Tatonka.com, very durable, the image of the bull always gets me as I see a silhouette of a girls forehead with a big nasty dreadlock sticking out the back haha. My own vision.
Back to the tunes Gomez.....?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 19 May 2014 at 5:55pm

Trippergf, normally don't like that sorta shit, but that wasn't bad, man.....

Anyway, showing my age now - classic b side;

trippergreenfeet Monday, 19 May 2014 at 7:29pm

The natural choice for chillin in the evening with JJ Cale.

Too many greats on this album to single one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcdtbIW0m4U

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Monday, 19 May 2014 at 7:54pm

Yeh, classic.

'If you want to hang out
You gotta take her out
Cocaine.
If you want to get down
Down on the ground
Cocaine.
She don't lie
She don't lie
She don't lie
Cocaine.'

No bullshit aye maaaayyyteee!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 22 May 2014 at 7:19pm

Check the crowd out.... No "selfies".... No mass of iphones..... Just pure living in the moment.... Abrasive wheels, early 80s

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 5:01pm

Yorko, TGF..... here's a little ditty from the 80s for ya..... Re' conservative politics.... Enjoy ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:10pm

Sheepio your the bloke at about 5.30 mins without the widows peak....;)

TGF this is one of my most favourite dub combined with Pink Floyd, Awesome.

Time is the master, Tick a tick a tock time is a disaster , you never know the hands of time...?

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:15pm

Welly, I've got all the Easy Star All Star albums...how well do dub and floyd go together, their versions of Time and Us and Them are bloody great.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:28pm

Nice one champ ;)

Hahaha. classic

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:37pm

Stooop!!!!! Please!!!! Make it stop!!!...... (sob sob sob)..... My ears are bleeding!!!!!! I don't take party drugs, so all it does is make me schizo out like a dog running from the sound of thunder.......
Great.... Now I'm having murderous thoughts..... bad thoughts....

I need to chill......

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:47pm

SD, just beat it would ya, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJP3jRyQp0A

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:50pm

Ok, welly.... I've quelled the devil...... Went back and clicked forward to 8.04......... Not too bad from there on in.....

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:52pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Ok, welly.... I've quelled the devil...... Went back and clicked forward to 8.04......... Not too bad from there on in.....

On the Run was always a tough song to see out, even Floyd's original isn't much better.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:53pm

It was just the intro, TGF...... I was going to the gun cabinet....... As homer simpson would say "urge to kill rising!!"....... Then reggae beats kicked in- "urge to kill fading......faaaading......" ;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:55pm

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 6:58pm
trippergreenfeet wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

On the Run was always a tough song to see out, even Floyd's original isn't much better.

He's a Dawg, always on the RUN.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 7:05pm

On the run aye?? Well, my mrs and I play a little game where we deliberately hum a tune of a daggy shithouse song, just to put it in the head..... Sure enough, a few minutes later, you here the other person humming it.... Fuckn funny.... So, welly, TGF... You fuckn asked for it..... ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 7:11pm

Silver...!

Good one though a fucken classic , I'm running now like a dawg chasing his tail ;)

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 7:14pm

You suck...right back at ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaZaTlcbYxw

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 7:26pm

Ohh it's on!!! It's on bitches!!! I'm off for dinner whilst you blokes choke on this (evil laughter) - AHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 7:31pm

That was low SD...but at least it was upbeat...I hope ya don't suffer from depression SD, cause if ya don't already you will after this, hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVq-P3z5Vg

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 8:36pm

:/ ......... o.k....... You've left me no option...... There's no coming back...... And i can picture you in the beach scene, tgf...... Dancing with an orange toothpick, no legrope attached...... Terry Fitz afro.... Glowing tan..... Part of the "incrowd"...... Enjoy..... If you can make it through the whole song, you will be a blithering mess, OR, you will feel the "urge to kill rising", OR you will start to question " is there more to life than meets the eye"?

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 9:18pm

Sheepio, I've only got one thing to say to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs&feature=kp

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 10:36pm

heheheeeeeee!!!!!!

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:13pm

Anyone remember Tom Petty's Alice in Wonderland inspired magic mushroom munching, hooker smoking 80's psychedelic music video 'Don't Come Around Here No More'?
http://m.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 25 May 2014 at 11:28pm

This is gold, I almost want to shoot myself.

Some truly awful music.

I'm gonna come in from the blindside with an elbow to the head.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 26 May 2014 at 9:01am

YS remember the song well, never seen the video tho, awesome.

Zenagain that was a king hit, ooohhhh

trippergreenfeet Monday, 26 May 2014 at 10:03am