Tips for Indonesia from May - Sep 2023

cling ling's picture
cling ling started the topic in Thursday, 2 Feb 2023 at 12:25pm

Hey everyone, I am looking at travelling to Indo on the above dates. I am travelling solo from Aus. This is going to be my first time in Indo therefore I have not really booked anything as I was trying to get some more information on things prior to doing so. I was wanting to spend some time in Lombok but have had a friend tell me the winds aren't favourable around that time of year there. But I am struggling to find info on this, so wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am a goofy footer from Tasmania at an Intermediate level I guess. I was going to buy boards over in Indo as I don't want to lug them all the way from home and trust the airlines not to snap/ding them. I was hoping some legends would be able to help me by linking me to other forums etc which have some tips etc around planning a surf trip while in Indo for that period of time and or the winds. For the last couple of weeks of my trip, I know I really want to do a Ments trip that's about the extent of the planning I have done this far around dates etc as I was just going to cruise around. Keen to experience Indonesian culture and what it has to offer. So keen about missing winter in tassie. First extended trip I have done so excited. Hope some legends can help me out. Cheers!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:17pm
groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:21pm

Is the track to lances left still pretty dodgy? heard it took ages in 2008 to get there by foot.Would be a good place with a few options if its easier to get to the left and Bintangs too.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023 at 4:35pm

Haha groundswell, "has seaslug been hacked". Nah mate it was a cut and paste jobby, I'm not involved with the villas at all. Hope all is well with you mate.