Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 7 Aug 2024 at 12:15pm
seeds wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

both parties leaked.

Yeah and only one party is suing. The butt hurt party. The party that was still employed by the taxpayer at the time. The party breaching code of conduct.

They are all as bad (or as good) as each other.

None come out of it looking good.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Wednesday, 7 Aug 2024 at 6:40pm
Roadkill wrote:
seeds wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

both parties leaked.

Yeah and only one party is suing. The butt hurt party. The party that was still employed by the taxpayer at the time. The party breaching code of conduct.

They are all as bad (or as good) as each other.

None come out of it looking good.

Can't disagree with you there but it is a really poor look by Reynolds. Going on the results of the recent spate of defamation cases she is also going to come out smelling like a sewer rat.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 7 Aug 2024 at 7:51pm

Look at her voting record. Straight from the mining industry (white collar) she was a sewer rat from the start. This just shows there is no bar too low for Linda.
The kicker is two young people are losing their shirts at the start of their lives, yet the rotund little cunt will be a parasite on the tax payer for the rest of her life.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 7 Aug 2024 at 10:45pm

I think I got a bit of that wrong, defence industry. Career pollie. I think

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 1:38pm

"Scottish taxpayers will not pay a cent for the 2026 Commonwealth Games, with Victorians picking up the tab.

Almost $200 million of Victorian money will fund the Games, meaning there will be no need for any money from the Scottish government."

"Hilariously, the cited $220 million to host the Commonwealth Games in Scotland is a tiny fraction of the forecast cost of almost $7 billion for the cancelled Victorian Games."

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2024/09/broke-victorian-government-send...

If true, beers in Glasgow are on Vic tonight

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 4:13pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

"Scottish taxpayers will not pay a cent for the 2026 Commonwealth Games, with Victorians picking up the tab.

Almost $200 million of Victorian money will fund the Games, meaning there will be no need for any money from the Scottish government."

"Hilariously, the cited $220 million to host the Commonwealth Games in Scotland is a tiny fraction of the forecast cost of almost $7 billion for the cancelled Victorian Games."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZyNLZZjMs

You have to be kidding me, im quite literally helping paying for this shit show.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 4:34pm

^^ oh please don’t kid yourself, you paying tax, my guess is between your “cashies” and claiming everything you spend on the business you would pay little if any tax, now your hardworking wife would be paying some which is only fair and reasonable given her job

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 4:52pm

Ha ha whatever dude i wish.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 7:52pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZyNLZZjMs

Is Australia really that corrupt and/or incompetent??

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 3 Sep 2024 at 7:56pm

I can believe it.

Still reckon Victoria dodged a bullet.

We got a couple of quotes for a modest Reno on an 100 sqm cottage and 45sqm extension. Between $800-950K and 9months build time.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 2:14pm

Indo, if this doesn't make Vic give them the caber toss, I dunnae what will

Andy - it seems so. I'd lean to the latter.

Quick segue -
Worlds #2 gas exporter
Having to import gas because of east coast shortages

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-05/gas-giant-australia-prepares-to-i...

Australia you are standing in it.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 2:44pm

Quick segue -
Worlds #2 gas exporter
Having to import gas because of east coast shortages

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-05/gas-giant-australia-prepares-to-i...

Australia you are standing in it.

Incredible ey....

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 2:58pm

VJ , thanks mate .

Us Vico's are getting worried , as Bass Straight is Running out of Gas and nothing is replacing it .

How bloody ridiculous , the Worlds Biggest Exporter of Gas , having 2 Import fn Gas !

Twiggy , Mr Hydrogen , has built a Gas Importing terminal , f me !

He wouldn't like any Fracking around , his vast Land Holdings .

Our East Coast supplies are dropping by 40% by 2028 WTF ?

Our Federal Government and the States , don't have ANY plan 2 replace that Gas .

Someone has to Pop , the Green Balloon and let that gas out and start approving some New Gas Projects .

Or , we can all go nuclear !

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 3:11pm

Just sign a gas reservation for the east coast, put Australia first.

It's eradicating industry, what little is left.

One reason this household replaced gas HWS with heat pump, next stop is power storage before shitstorm arrives.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 8:40pm
Pop Down wrote:

VJ , thanks mate .

Us Vico's are getting worried , as Bass Straight is Running out of Gas and nothing is replacing it .

How bloody ridiculous , the Worlds Biggest Exporter of Gas , having 2 Import fn Gas !

Twiggy , Mr Hydrogen , has built a Gas Importing terminal , f me !

He wouldn't like any Fracking around , his vast Land Holdings .

Our East Coast supplies are dropping by 40% by 2028 WTF ?

Our Federal Government and the States , don't have ANY plan 2 replace that Gas .

Someone has to Pop , the Green Balloon and let that gas out and start approving some New Gas Projects .

Or , we can all go nuclear !

PopDown. Hi fella.

Hey Jumping Jack Flash , it’s a GAS.

Not on my watch or Xmas wish list pal or nuclear for that matter.

Sir Marcus Oliphant, our very own.(deceased)

He once deduced this ;

‘If you cover an area of land the size of the state of South Australia with solar panels, you would create enough energy to power the globe’ .

So, we know we can do this type of technology , what’s holding it back ?

Businesses who have their own interests in producing easy energy, coal, gas etc because it exists in its existing state.

This is analogous to the extreme abuse of our Mountain Ash ( the worlds tallest angiosperm, flowering plant) forests that are being cleared at a fast rate, just so we can make cardboard boxes or toilet paper.

The sheer lunacy of exterminating biodiversity for what, a cardboard box.

Again, logging, it’s an easy industry because it exists in its current unchanged form.

I’d be interested to hear from you about how you think gas and coal would fit into future energy needs. And what would be the repercussions for the globe.

I was privy to attend and listen to a current report by a scientist working on all things Antarctic Bottom Water, I can assure you that global water circulation data paints a very grim picture of earths human induced global climate change.

Phytoplankton, the cornerstone of life is in strife. This organ releases DMS (Dimethyl Sulfide) and its nuclei when released into the atmosphere creates clouds and subsequently rainfall. I’m sure you can extrapolate the rest of the story.

Birds globally are shrinking in body size, no longer needing to be as big as they were. It’s all about heat production. In a warming climate, there’s no need to have a body size that produces heat in excess of requirements.

I could go on and on and on. I’ll await your response. All the best. AW

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Thursday, 5 Sep 2024 at 11:20pm

Hi AW,
I read a solar farm is proposed near you?
Do you know the land it’s going on?
TV celeb neighbour not too happy.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:53am
seeds wrote:

Hi AW,
I read a solar farm is proposed near you?
Do you know the land it’s going on?
TV celeb neighbour not too happy.

Seeds. Hi mate. I do know the said celebrity.

I’m in a bit of a conundrum because I know her very well.

The Field Naturalist Club I belong to, we have permission to survey birds on her enormous property, it’s an amazing place for birds.

But, I can see a fracture in our relationship developing very shortly.

This is a classic case of NIMBY, selfish is what it is.

All talk about how good it is to look after the planet and then the mere mention of setting up a system (solar), 99% of farmers object immediately.

She’s rallied all farmers around here, very well, she’s clever in that regard.

There was a recent meeting in Geelong I was unaware of where she spoke , often uses her profile to get things done or oppose others.

If I had known about this meeting,, I would’ve attended and our friendship would’ve ended right there and then. The environment that we all live in always comes first in my book.

Yes, I do know the land that’s proposed , it’s perfect it’s got qualities, but nothing outrageously good or that’s threatened or doesn’t occur close by.

An enormous working farm like her property looks great this time of year, if you’re are into yellow canola flowers in full bloom, but let’s not kid ourselves, all the activities on that land are simply monocultures using gaziliions of litres of pesticides, fungicides and herbicides annually, as well as mega tonnes of inorganic phosphate fertiliser and TOTALLY lack any form of substantial biodiversity. AW

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:02am

Will the installation disrupt her visual amenity? Ruin views of the Y Y’s?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:13am

@AW, said person was on Melbourne radio recently saying there’s an equally good site nearby that happens to be a disused mine site, true or BS?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:18am

Morning AW

Your post got me thinking that a Solar Farm can be a cool place for some of our Native animals , 2 call home .

With the right Grasses , bushes , a few trees etc etc , the biodiversity of a solar Farm , might be bloody good , especially at night time .

Guessing Solar Farms are designed 2 B , a Native Friendly habitat .

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:25am
seeds wrote:

Will the installation disrupt her visual amenity? Ruin views of the Y Y’s?

Her property is enormous, it’s very long , I’m talking a few kilometres long, very impressive stands of Red Gums, her visual amenity would not be altered one iota.

The Y Y is on her east side, no issue on that boundary, it borders an old historic Gimlet plantation ,the very hardwood was used for axe handles, the solar farm is proposed to her north.

Again it’s a standard regular response to ‘change’ , atypical of many Australians outlook. It’s selfishness at it’s greatest zenith.

We have to take the leap into global change and its benefits for biological biodiversity.AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:36am
GuySmiley wrote:

@AW, said person was on Melbourne radio recently saying there’s an equally good site nearby that happens to be a disused mine site, true or BS?

GuySmiley. Hi mate, everyone is up early today, impressive, mornings are the best.

There are active and inactive sand mines scooping up mega tonnes of 380 million year old Devonian granitic sands, simply the result of the slow weathering of the Y Y .
Yes, the farm could go there but it’s all in the same area, no difference really. I survey birds in all those areas and the area is partially degraded.

Another huge issue I have with her and all the farmers in that region and in other places in Victoria who are vehemently opposed to solar set ups is this.

They claim that these proposals would wreck green ( farms) to make green( solar). Let’s not kid ourselves, these farms exist on land that was incredibly green and biodiverse well before European farming practices commenced .

Short Memories. AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:41am
Pop Down wrote:

Morning AW

Your post got me thinking that a Solar Farm can be a cool place for some of our Native animals , 2 call home .

With the right Grasses , bushes , a few trees etc etc , the biodiversity of a solar Farm , might be bloody good , especially at night time .

Guessing Solar Farms are designed 2 B , a Native Friendly habitat .

PopDown. Hi mate. Hope you’re well.

Any property that has any kind of development can have substantial biodiversity values.
It’s all in planning and thoughtful proposals and the want to intentionally do something of worth ( for the planet) . AW

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:47am

Historic homestead she married into.
Does she have concerns about those yucky prisons nearby?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:02am

Thanks 4 the tip AW :) .

Everywhere can be improved with thoughtful planning , gosh , a simple step so often rushed .

Am moving into a new Warehouse apartment today and will try arrange the " development " , with more thoughtful planning , to attract a "Greater Diversity " , in my habitat .

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:10am
seeds wrote:

Historic homestead she married into.
Does she have concerns about those yucky prisons nearby?

Seeds. I’m very impressed, you’ve done your homework.

She married into a nice family, but , they are still farmers.

Prisons are to her south, she mentioned them years ago, long forgotten.

I know the real reason for her arcing up.

She’s shitty with Planning/State Government for not informing her personally and others in the area, farmers.

I’ve known about the solar farm for three years, nothing new, I simply don’t know how she didn’t know about it.

I’ve had a property here for 23 years, I can firmly say that by their own self admission 99% of the farmers here have no regard for the environment, I’ve banged heads with all of them.
I’ve had farmers deliberately drive over our plantings on our roadside verge, one of the last remaining vestiges of relictual flora in the region.

I’ve been involved with the Police over malicious damage to our vegetation, I’m telling you, most farmers are greedy selfish arseholes. AW

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:21am
Pop Down wrote:

Thanks 4 the tip AW :) .

Everywhere can be improved with thoughtful planning , gosh , a simple step so often rushed .

Am moving into a new Warehouse apartment today and will try arrange the " development " , with more thoughtful planning , to attract a "Greater Diversity " , in my habitat .

Great news mate. I hope it goes well.

Yeah, you said it, a procedure often rushed. Very true in most cases, environment planning , last thoughts.

What’s wrong with us ? No life on a dead planet.

Give me some parameters, I could suggest things for your patch of biodiversity. Good stuff. AW

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:35am

Oh My Stars , any suggestions AW , are so welcome .

Will try and work out some "parameters " and get back 2 U .

I have a few succulents , really haha .

Perhaps you can begin by advising , what direction my bed , should aim 4 :)) ?

Was going ' 2 go South" , as a down under option , if possible .

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:44am
Pop Down wrote:

Oh My Stars , any suggestions AW , are so welcome .

Will try and work out some "parameters " and get back 2 U .

I have a few succulents , really haha .

Perhaps you can begin by advising , what direction my bed , should aim 4 :)) ?

Was going ' 2 go South" , as a down under option , if possible .

You are very funny. I know succulents well and many xeriphytic plants.
There’s always a plant to go in any situation.

Im off to the brine to get wet. All the best. AW

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 10:45am

@pop Dee o Gee
Which company did you do Bhutan with?
Are there more than one?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 12:50pm
AlfredWallace wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

GuySmiley. Hi mate, everyone is up early today, impressive, mornings are the best.

There are active and inactive sand mines scooping up mega tonnes of 380 million year old Devonian granitic sands, simply the result of the slow weathering of the Y Y .
Yes, the farm could go there but it’s all in the same area, no difference really. I survey birds in all those areas and the area is partially degraded.

Another huge issue I have with her and all the farmers in that region and in other places in Victoria who are vehemently opposed to solar set ups is this.

They claim that these proposals would wreck green ( farms) to make green( solar). Let’s not kid ourselves, these farms exist on land that was incredibly green and biodiverse well before European farming practices commenced .

Short Memories. AW

Indeed @AW, so sad that some farmers are like that.

Memories! As a very young kid dad took the family to "fairy land" in the YYs, I was maybe 3 years old but remember the day well. My pop also showed me of a photo once of him leaning against a fence in the YYs and on that fence were 100s of dead rabbits he had killed working for a cocky. But the all time classic story from pop was how he met nan; he was eating lunch at a pub in the YY area and declared to the bar "whoever cooked this roast I'm going to marry" and he pursued nan until she agreed! Pop was a gentle soul in old age but he must have been quite the lad as a young bloke, he's also the man who rode a pushbike to Qld working for farming work during the depression, my dad as a young boy had to pick up a parcel with a trolly from Essendon station while he was away, turned out to be a massive salted Murray Cod pop had caught and posted back to his wife (nan) and his young family. These days I occasionally take my mtb there for a burn around the trails but not ever during "swoopy" season, jebus, how soft?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 1:04pm

Love the old stories Frowny!
Soft!
Would you eat that fish if you received it today?
Jury is out with me after having the squirts from Woolworths prawns two days ago.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 1:48pm

?si=Zm75KGF9b7ppVG97

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 5:16pm
GuySmiley wrote:
AlfredWallace wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

Short Memories. AW

Indeed @AW, so sad that some farmers are like that.

Memories! As a very young kid dad took the family to "fairy land" in the YYs, I was maybe 3 years old but remember the day well. My pop also showed me of a photo once of him leaning against a fence in the YYs and on that fence were 100s of dead rabbits he had killed working for a cocky. But the all time classic story from pop was how he met nan; he was eating lunch at a pub in the YY area and declared to the bar "whoever cooked this roast I'm going to marry" and he pursued nan until she agreed! Pop was a gentle soul in old age but he must have been quite the lad as a young bloke, he's also the man who rode a pushbike to Qld working for farming work during the depression, my dad as a young boy had to pick up a parcel with a trolly from Essendon station while he was away, turned out to be a massive salted Murray Cod pop had caught and posted back to his wife (nan) and his young family. These days I occasionally take my mtb there for a burn around the trails but not ever during "swoopy" season, jebus, how soft?

GuySmiley. Hi mate, Good historical accounts there, history is good and so are our brains at being able to store those visions and recall them at will.

‘Fairy Park’ is just north of Anakie, it sits atop an enormous granite outcrop full of giant tors.
This granite is part of the same series as the You Yangs and another outcrop halfway between called ‘The Granites’. It’s truly beautiful country.

Many a child including myself and later, my own son have been to Fairy Park, for kids and families it’s a great day out, it’s simply amazing.

These granite outcrops are not volcanic, they are still igneous but not the result of volcanism.
The granite outcrops were intrusive in past geologic time, arising in the mantle, which is below the crust at some 35-70km below earths surface and pushing up into soils above.
Over time softer soils have eroded away the landscape leaving the granite outcrops as dominant features.

Mount Anakie is three outcrops of scoriaceous basalt ’, basically three enormous piles of red aerated scoria that were ejected from volcanoes.

The porous vesicles /holes are the result of escaping carbon dioxide and mostly steam from heated water.
In aboriginal mythical history these three scoria peaks were three micro bats., one named Balyang but he was burnt and charred by two sisters for ill behaviours.
I watch today as an extractive industry is slowly taking it down in height as they produce scoria for industry, sad.

Balliang back in the day was full of ‘Rabbitohs’ supplying meat to Geelong and Melbourne for those families who couldn’t afford beef, lamb or any other stock meat. AW

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 5:30pm

Hello Seeds

I went with the Australian Himalayan Foundation and they use Kingdom Expeditions .

The guy that runs it , is Vishal Pradhan .

If U go through them , ask 4 Tashi as a guide , he is so nice !

There would be many options , but the AHF visit Bhutan annually and use the same group .

Next year , they are going a bit earlier , April 20 - May 1 , to coincide with the Rhododendron Festival and season .

If I can help with any more details , please let me know .

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 5:59pm

Thanks Pop!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:13pm

Wow, thanks @AW, lots of great info there, that Fairy Park certainly has expanded and certainly was very basic when I visited it as a toddler, I remember the hill, rocks everywhere and how hot it was, haha

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:20pm
Pop Down wrote:

Hello Seeds

I went with the Australian Himalayan Foundation and they use Kingdom Expeditions .

The guy that runs it , is Vishal Pradhan .

If U go through them , ask 4 Tashi as a guide , he is so nice !

There would be many options , but the AHF visit Bhutan annually and use the same group .

Next year , they are going a bit earlier , April 20 - May 1 , to coincide with the Rhododendron Festival and season .

If I can help with any more details , please let me know .

My son has hiked to Everest basecamp twice and the second time he organised it all himself from here @popdown, hired his guide directly, he says that really worked for him. Bhutan is different but must you have to go with a tour guide/group?

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:36pm

You are right Smiley , you need a guide , Bhutan is very different 2 Tibet , apparently .

Decades behinds it , in many ways , I was told by a person on my trip , that really knows Tibet ..

Bhutan is quite closed , to outside influences .

They don't really want a lot of tourists and insist on Tours having a Guide , almost 24/7 .

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:42pm

Prawns from Woolies, seeds?
Jeebus, that's living on the edge.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 6:47pm
tubeshooter wrote:

haha, thawed for your incontinence.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:37pm
Pop Down wrote:

You are right Smiley , you need a guide , Bhutan is very different 2 Tibet , apparently .

Decades behinds it , in many ways , I was told by a person on my trip , that really knows Tibet ..

Bhutan is quite closed , to outside influences .

They don't really want a lot of tourists and insist on Tours having a Guide , almost 24/7 .

Isn’t Everest in Nepal @PD? anyway to get there you need to fly in/out of Lukla (Nepal), not for the faint hearted https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:35pm
tubeshooter wrote:

Yep up there with foraging for mushrooms!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:36pm

Haha, in my defense they were fresh and just a quick dinner on night shift. They tasted okay but I can’t put it down to anything else.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 7:43pm
basesix wrote:
tubeshooter wrote:

haha, thawed for your incontinence.

Whaahaahaa

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:41pm

?si=YqzorezbtLJVIxC0
This short gives a pov perspective
https://youtube.com/shorts/l2bo90CHcX0?si=0nOTmEVxatMC1o6P

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 8:54pm

^^They have not had much luck there recently.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 9:05pm

No!
Plenty of buses and trucks falling off roads too.
Is the norm in Nepal

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 10:33pm

^^ that’s it, on his first trip his mate got a serious case of the squirts and at that altitude that is deadly so they both got airvaced off the mountain by chopper while the 2nd trip was a success for trekking he just missed the earthquake that hit of Kathmandu and much of Nepal by days!

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 6 Sep 2024 at 10:38pm

Ooh lucky.
We went back 2018. Lots of (slow) reconstruction happening.
Such a great destination!