David Icke

philosurphizingkerching's picture
philosurphizing... started the topic in Tuesday, 7 Apr 2020 at 1:58pm

The censor ship has been mobilised.
YouTube shutting down David Ickes latest interview on London Real.
Part of it is back up, note the comments are closed.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 2:38pm

Too bad that Rudd wanted the 50 million to consist of 26 million mainland Chinese !

Cromwell....You seem to be wetting your pants with excitement waiting for me to unveil you. You’re right , I’ve got no idea.

greyhound's picture
greyhound's picture
greyhound Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 5:53pm

Blowin says Some things that I feel..
I dont consider myself a racist. (Who knows what qualifies as 1)
But I think it more of a desire to protect my own patch from being overwhelmed.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 6:40pm

And here's another conman, fraud and bullshit artist though this one's closer to home.
Anti-vaccer and all around creep Pete Evans is selling a "fancy light machine" for $15k.

"Peak medical groups have criticised the Australian celebrity chef Pete Evans for suggesting that a $15,000 “subtle energy platform” could be used to treat coronavirus, saying such claims are baseless, ill-informed and dangerous."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/10/chef-pete-evans-criticised...

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 8:23pm

Cant stand that smirking winking cuuuuunt, male version of Gwyneth Paltrow

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 8:35pm

You don't like Paltrow? Read this.

For some some sort of self-proclaimed sex guru, she doesn't actually know what a vagina is.

Comedy gold.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jan/24/the-goop-lab-review...

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 4:39am

In today,s politically correct Australia if you have anything to say in the negative about another country and its behavior you are immediately labeled a racist , pretty fucking sad state of affairs really. If you have ever spent any amount of time overseas you will know people are the same if not way worse in their opinions of the rest of the world ( ive been a bule, haole, gringo,white cunt, Australiano,) and seen and heard much worse.
A long before this virus fiasco our country has been slowly and surely being devoured by another nation/country, namely China, our politicians have sold us out, everything from the massive amounts of the best agricultural and property being snapped up, mining and oil/gas , the education system becoming a commodity and being sold to the highest bidder so our kids will never get a level entry point when they can sell their spots to the children of rich foreigners.
If you dont see this then as mentioned above "heads in the sand". It doesnt make you a xenophobe or racist to give a fuck about your country and where it is headed, it does make you a hypocrite if you are part of the problem I guess? but even then you still dont have to like it .
I love our country , I do wish it was more was like it was when I was a growing up but acknowledge it will never be. The rest of Australians dont have to agree with you and support this just because a few of you want to justify whatever skin you have in the game that requires you to support a communist dictatorship like the Peoples Republic of China.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 9:31pm

CCP, the worlds biggest mafia organisation

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 10 Apr 2020 at 10:39pm

Barnbus Joyce the legendary inbred tomato,beetroot red and sucking down darts,whist harassing Johnny Depp he had the time to tell us on January 28th 2018 that Moscow and China were a way bigger threat to Australia than ISIS would ever be!
he was relieved of his duties in Feb 2018 due to knocking up his secretary.
wot a criminal!!
Penny Wong's speech Oct 16th 2017 that Labor would 'considerably expand' engagement between the senior and public service not just in defence and foreign affairs but 'in particular the Treasury' and other departments with ongoing business in China.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 7:26am

China prefers buying iron ore and coal from Australia as we are an efficient and reliable supplier. This has given the Australian economy a huge boost over several decades and we have all benefited, to a greater or lesser degree from that. Now China has other options in obtaining raw materials. Australia does not have any export market that could replace China. So the question is, if you don’t trust China, are you willing to see a decline in your standard of living......and that would be on top of the already serious decline caused by COVID19. Of course China could decide to reduce its business with us because we don’t trust them and its citizens are subject to abuse (racist or not) in the streets. We’re a democracy, if the majority do not want to trade with China, fair enough, but people need to realise the shallow nonsense spouted on sites like this comes without evidence and, apparently, with considerable prejudice.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 8:08am

China prefers our iron ore because of its quality.
There has been no decline in iron ore exports due to cv-19. Rio Tinto has publicity stated only days ago that it’s order books are full,
We are the biggest supplier and Brazil will take a long time to come back online due to the 2018 mine collapse.
Extractive Resources make up 60% of exports by volume but only 10% of GDP.
Now if you want to explore the folly of tying ourselves to one market and trying to maximise its profit because we are China and the US’s bitch when it comes to mining. Have a look at the education system and the financial problems that the University’s are facing. Which will effect the quality and delivery of education to our domestic students.
Like I said. Mao was a cunt and not much has changed. Be wary.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 8:49am

If you are concerned about the universities then the worst thing that could happen to them would be a big drop in international students. If you think this would not impact their ability to deliver quality education to local students, I think you are wrong. The decline in our standard of living caused by COVID19 has very little to do with iron ore. We are going to have very high unemployment for some time and beyond that we will be paying a much larger interest bill on our borrowings. If interest rates go up we could be in serious trouble. If you add the losses from Chinese tourism and education to losses from mining it is a hit that would have been hard to take at any time. Right now the maintenance and recovery of those sources of national income could well be the difference between the inevitable very nasty recession caused by COVID19 and a depression not much better than the one in the 1930s. If you are concerned about China’s influence in Australia, be specific. All encompassing swipes at our main trading partner can only be counter-productive.

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 8:53am

That video...just part of the problem, not the solution

But I still think his horrendous whip cracking skills are the most offensive part...just

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 8:58am

Hang on, it was you who tied our quality of living to iron ore exports to China.
I was saying that education became one of our largest exports. International money decreased public spending on education. Now that international money is not coming in the university’s will not have the same resources to deliver quality education to your and my children. No international students where never the answer. Public funding is the answer and higher resource rental agreements and tax collection on our mineral exports is the answer and can be done without offending your beloved China( I’m more of a fan of Australia myself).
And just to correct you once again there have been no losses in mining. Minerals. Prices steady, export orders as normal. Miners going to work.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 9:46am

My interest is in Australia......and how China influences our future. If you are serious in your views they need to be supported by more than regret over the inadequacies of successive Australian governments. In terms of the universities, international students funded a massive expansion of their resources from which local students benefited. To claim that it was a mistake because it will now stop defies logic. If the rise in international students had not happened our universities would not be so well resourced and local students would have suffered. Do you seriously believe that government funding would have matched the income from international students? Yes more public funding would be great and Australia has not achieved the returns on its resources that it should have but blaming China and the other nations that have taken advantage of us makes no sense. Blame the Australian government!

And to reiterate the point I stated clearly before, the coming recession has little or nothing to do with mining prices or quantities. It will be driven initially by high unemployment.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 9:56am

Funny when peoples answer to raising more revenue is mining an industry that already produces tens of billions in royalties and tax.

But these same people are generally the same people that want to reduce or even get rid of coal and other fossil fuel exports.

And they also don't have the answers on how to replace the 15 billion per year raised from the fuel excess tax.

The smart thing to do is not to put all eggs in any basket and create as many revenue streams as possible hence the reason why we export education.

Same with where we get our imports from we shouldn't be putting all our eggs in the China basket and should supporting manufacturing in other countries in SE Asia

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 9:54am

Cromwell, government cuts to tertiary education and that sector's subsequent reliance on international students is certainly not all good by any stretch.

Our universities might be materially well funded by it seems to me that students and Australia more broadly are suffering regardless.

Universities have been given full control over determining standards, especially English proficiency, for international students and so this is a licence to manipulate.

And in a sector worth tens of billions of dollars, the pressure to pass students is immense and also easy to do.

So essentially, this system denies the student a worthy assessment while also prostituting the initial application process as well as standards for the course itself.

Bad for students and bad for Australia.

Government funding matching the income brought by international students is not the only to measure to use, and as society is rapidly discovering, commodifying every step often results in a poorer end result.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 10:13am

I agree with all of that AndyM but I struggle to see how we can blame China for the Australian government’s failures, which was the original point of discussion. We could have had most of the benefits of international students without most of the problems, particularly that of graduates from private institutions with useless degrees who now have huge HECS debts.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 10:19am

Yep, bugger all to do with China, as you said, blame the Australian government/s.

I just wanted to question the idea that "well funded, well equipped" universities were the be-all and end-all, and I also wanted to cast doubt on your idea that local students necessarily benefitted.

They might have had a new library but there's a lot more to it than that.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 10:36am

The students were not the only beneficiaries. Universities are research institutions as well. Oh and anecdotal evidence that the work ethic of some international students lifted the efforts of the locals.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 11:36am

Haha, also plenty of anecdotal evidence of international students with virtually no English coasting through, having ghost writers for essays and having no chance of failing in any case.
Yeah some benefits but some broader losses as well.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 11:56am

I agree that some institutions have lowered their standards to improve their profits but the major public universities have too much to lose by allowing sub-standard graduates.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Saturday, 11 Apr 2020 at 11:50pm

As an aside, I'm geniunely interested in the use of the 'Cromwell' handle - he devastated Ireland and I'd suspect you would use any other name before that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromwellian_conquest_of_Ireland

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 12 Apr 2020 at 8:59am

Hey Indo, l’m not anti mining at all. I’ve made a lot of money in construction and my wife currently works on a mine on the tools. I understand the value of extractive resources to Australia and Australians. And I’ve seen that Australia is not getting the full value of the transaction. That’s all. Not our only revenue stream, but the correct return on our investment as Australians. Not just a few jobs.
Yes I have benefited personally but I have also watched mining and construction booms make it extremely hard for people not working in mining and Australians locked out of jobs for foreign workers which exacerbates the problems for locals locked out of that economy.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Wednesday, 29 Apr 2020 at 5:06pm

Let's get this thread back up to where it belongs, silly conspiracy theories offered by total lunatics:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/those-navy-ufo-videos-they...

"Washington: The US Department of Defence has confirmed what seekers of extraterrestrial life have long hoped to be true: They're real.
At least, three videos are. What the videos show? The government isn't so sure."

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 29 Apr 2020 at 6:15pm

Joe Rogan with Commander David Fravor - #1361

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Apr 2020 at 7:26pm

Will have to give it a listen when i get a chance.