What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 4:28pm
sypkan wrote:

the first part of your post goes without saying andymac

but the second part slips into wishy washy subjective land...

12 weeks custody for this?

"A 51-year-old man in Egremont, UK named Lee Joseph Dunn has been thrown in jail for 12 weeks over 3 MEMES. Memes that show images of migrant gangs with a caption saying "Coming to a town near you". This is absolutely insane..."

you think that is 'accordingly'?

the judges justification...

"...Here's what the judge said: “I don’t accept that your comments and the emojis that you posted were directed at the police. I’ve read in the case summary of the comments you made on arrest which clearly demonstrate to me that there was a racial element to the messaging and the posting of these emojis.

“That has to be reflected in the sentence as does there need to be a deterrent element in the sentence that I impose, because this sort of behaviour has to stop.

“It encourages others to behave in a similar way and ultimately it leads to the sorts of problems on the streets that we’ve been seeing in so many places up and down this country. This offence is serious enough for custody.”"

sorry to go all qanon on you...

but personally I'd rather see the pedos locked up

suitable... seriousness... equivalence?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not a matter of either or, both pedophiles, and racists who incite violence can be locked away as far as I'm concerned.... Haven't seen the memes or the context of what was written so can not really say if fair or not. From twitter post so grain of salt and probably only half story. But I could be wrong.
Free speech 100% for. Racial hate speech, nup.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 5:21pm

Need Joe back....

https://m.

&pp=ygUrdGhlIGNsYXNoIHJvY2sgYWdhaW5zdCByYWNpc20gdmljdG9yaWEgcGFyaw%3D%3D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 5:30pm
andy-mac wrote:
sypkan wrote:

"A 51-year-old man in Egremont, UK named Lee Joseph Dunn has been thrown in jail for 12 weeks over 3 MEMES. Memes that show images of migrant gangs with a caption saying "Coming to a town near you". This is absolutely insane..."

"...Here's what the judge said: “I don’t accept that your comments and the emojis that you posted were directed at the police. I’ve read in the case summary of the comments you made on arrest which clearly demonstrate to me that there was a racial element to the messaging and the posting of these emojis.

“That has to be reflected in the sentence as does there need to be a deterrent element in the sentence that I impose, because this sort of behaviour has to stop.

“It encourages others to behave in a similar way and ultimately it leads to the sorts of problems on the streets that we’ve been seeing in so many places up and down this country. This offence is serious enough for custody.”"

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not a matter of either or, both pedophiles, and racists who incite violence can be locked away as far as I'm concerned.... Haven't seen the memes or the context of what was written so can not really say if fair or not. From twitter post so grain of salt and probably only half story. But I could be wrong.

Unless of course its against Jews right.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 5:30pm
basesix wrote:

In all sincerity, @sypkan, have you been listening to Coleman Hughes' stuff? Give it a whirl if you haven't, I think you'd find his well-articulated points salient, and his demeanour engaging. ABC radio ran him in relation to the festival of dangerous ideas, and the Australian had an article from him today. Another good example of media not being the worst thing in the world. here. yet. I love this subject, as I see both sides clearly, and the price for a good society is eternal discussion.

You have me curious, i do recall him on Joe Rogan and i do recall him being very sensible and on point, i will have to give him a re listen to see what he was all about again.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 5:55pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Unless of course its against Jews right.

Fuck off Indo...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 8:17pm

“ From harmless pant-shitting simpleton to obnoxious bellend - The Indo story.”

Coming soon to a cinema near you.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 9:22pm

More unneccesary inflammatory language by Indo.
And showcasing his strong cognitive miser attributes.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 9:48pm

^^ someone who argues in good faith …. apparently???

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 9:55pm

Adds balance to the arguments apparently. hahahahahahahaha!!
Divisive and inflammatory are the only contributions i see.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 10:01pm

Don’t forget it’s just plain stupid.
Diminishes his own argument.

basesix's picture
basesix's picture
basesix Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 10:28pm

I think we can all agree that when people go rogue in a covo, and use terms like antisemitic, hamas simp, rwnj, racist, the best policy is to just take a knee.

(just rub one out like a man, it's the champagne of victory.)

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Tuesday, 20 Aug 2024 at 10:34pm

Classic

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:15am
basesix wrote:

I think we can all agree that when people go rogue in a covo, and use terms like antisemitic, hamas simp, rwnj, racist, the best policy is to just take a knee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOyXlsoS04
(just rub one out like a man, it's the champagne of victory.)

Classic!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 7:40am

It digs deep and gets a big reaction as we see because the truth hurts, anti semitism is a form of racism, It can take many forms some more subtle than others and outside of islamic circles ironically today more a problem coming from the left rather than the far right (who in reality is a small fringe group)

Published not long after Oct 7th

"Antisemitism has moved from the right to the left in the US − and falls back on long-standing stereotypes
The U.S. is currently experiencing one of the most significant waves of antisemitism that it has ever seen. Jewish communities are shaken and traumatized.

Jewish and civil rights organizations both in the U.S. and in other Western countries reported a rise in antisemitic incidents following the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel and the subsequent Israeli military response. The Anti-Defamation League reported that in the first week after Hamas’ deadly attack, in which 1,400 Israelis were killed, antisemitic incidents in the U.S. tripled in comparison to the same week last year.

Similarly, London police recorded a 1,353% increase in antisemitic crimes compared with the same period a year earlier.

In addition, antisemitic symbols and rhetoric seem to be part of a growing number of protests that erupted around the globe following the escalation of the conflict between Israel and Hamas."

https://theconversation.com/antisemitism-has-moved-from-the-right-to-the...

Its not a new thing though as this 6 year old article shows..

"The shame of antisemitism on the left has a long, malign history

So, we’re back to the “Jewish Question”? The current antisemitism crisis on the left has not come out of nowhere. Instead, it has its roots in a tradition on the left itself, which, at best, has always had difficulty in responding swiftly to antisemitism and, at worst, excused or condoned, even promoted it. It is not, of course, the only tradition on the left, but unless we understand this history, we won’t get very far in resolving today’s crisis."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/shame-of-anitsemit...

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 7:41am

Geez you're a wanker @indo.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 7:41am

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 7:58am

Wise choice SR

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 8:03am

Happy with my choices.
Theres no road lower than the one you're on.
Even worms see more light than you.
Carry on chump.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 8:06am

After what has played out in Gaza recently how could any reasonable person accept that the actions of the IDF and their Zionist government are proportionate to the Hamas attack? I don’t, I’m horrified that they are allowed to get away with this genocide against innocent civilians. I don’t believe the Zionist propaganda and I don’t need no resurchin from @info to tell me otherwise ….

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 8:09am

Drop the c#*t in Gaza for 24 hours and see if his perspective changes.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 8:38am
southernraw wrote:

Drop the c#*t in Gaza for 24 hours and see if his perspective changes.

His ignorance is mind-blowing. Dunning Kruger; admits to never reading books and gets all his info from UTube, so you kind of have to give him a break as he does not have the understanding or cognitive ability to really research anything. He would be laughed out of any first year Uni course.
If you were chatting with him in a pub, you would just say what I said in previous post and walk off. The guy is not worth engaging with.
Moron.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 8:47am

“ .. The guy is not worth engaging with...”
Yep, been my approach for years now, it’s the only way to fly

Pop Down's picture
Pop Down's picture
Pop Down Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 9:05am

Hello andy-mac

Some things are not meant 2B "engaged with " , but just endured .

Some of us , can B a real Pain in the Ar.e and bite U on the bum , without reason .

Just like a bloody Mozzie , perhaps .

All we can do , is turn the other cheek , try not 2 get sucked 2 much , ignore the itch , don't scratch and think , there must be a friggen reason , 4 it :) , surely .

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 9:02am

1) Way out of line Indo. Gonna give you a warning for unprompted abuse.

2) If you're "not going to engage with someone" then don't engage. How do you do that? Not by telling the world that you're not engaging.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 9:21am

Gotta admit the guy gets a few warnings. When’s the last one?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 9:24am
indo-dreaming wrote:

It digs deep and gets a big reaction as we see because the truth hurts, anti semitism is a form of racism, It can take many forms some more subtle than others and outside of islamic circles ironically today more a problem coming from the left rather than the far right (who in reality is a small fringe group)

Published not long after Oct 7th

"Antisemitism has moved from the right to the left in the US − and falls back on long-standing stereotypes
The U.S. is currently experiencing one of the most significant waves of antisemitism that it has ever seen. Jewish communities are shaken and traumatized.

Jewish and civil rights organizations both in the U.S. and in other Western countries reported a rise in antisemitic incidents following the Oct. 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel and the subsequent Israeli military response. The Anti-Defamation League reported that in the first week after Hamas’ deadly attack, in which 1,400 Israelis were killed, antisemitic incidents in the U.S. tripled in comparison to the same week last year.

Similarly, London police recorded a 1,353% increase in antisemitic crimes compared with the same period a year earlier.

In addition, antisemitic symbols and rhetoric seem to be part of a growing number of protests that erupted around the globe following the escalation of the conflict between Israel and Hamas."

https://theconversation.com/antisemitism-has-moved-from-the-right-to-the...

Its not a new thing though as this 6 year old article shows..

"The shame of antisemitism on the left has a long, malign history

So, we’re back to the “Jewish Question”? The current antisemitism crisis on the left has not come out of nowhere. Instead, it has its roots in a tradition on the left itself, which, at best, has always had difficulty in responding swiftly to antisemitism and, at worst, excused or condoned, even promoted it. It is not, of course, the only tradition on the left, but unless we understand this history, we won’t get very far in resolving today’s crisis."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/shame-of-anitsemit...

Why does anti Israeli aggression always have to be labelled anti semitism? It's not the same thing and constantly using it as a free pass for atrocities is getting pretty old.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 9:30am

^^ it’s outright offensive

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 10:33am
stunet wrote:

2) If you're "not going to engage with someone" then don't engage. How do you do that? Not by telling the world that you're not engaging.

Really?

For what post the first one or second one?

So i risk getting banned for calling out anti semiticim?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 10:39am
indo-dreaming wrote:
stunet wrote:

Really?

Mate, I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not.

Calling for restraint is not being racist.

Calling for Israel to show moderation is not antisemitism.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 10:46am
stunet wrote:

Ok fair point.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 10:49am

;)

"...calling out anti semiticim?"

&pp=ygULUHVyZSByZXRhcmQ%3D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 11:11am
stunet wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
stunet wrote:

Really?

Unlike something like Genocide a word that has become totally misused and abused, i guess what is or isnt antisemitism is more subjective and even hard to draw a line of where criticism crosses over to antisemitism.

I totally get that my strong views on this issue, are problematic because any small comment i make on the issue sees a barage of opossing views, and then threads get derailed.

But if i keep things in The Israel/Palestine thread am i free to comment more freely than i am here?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 11:12am
stunet wrote:

Baffling that anyone would need this explained to them at this point.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 11:43am
indo-dreaming wrote:
stunet wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
stunet wrote:

Really?

Unlike something like Genocide a word that has become totally misused and abused, i guess what is or isnt antisemitism is more subjective and even hard to draw a line of where criticism crosses over to antisemitism.

I totally get that my strong views on this issue, are problematic because any small comment i make on the issue sees a barage of opossing views, and then threads get derailed.

But if i keep things in The Israel/Palestine thread am i free to comment more freely than i am here?

Is that what it is, tit for tat?

If he says 'that' it's permission for me to say 'this'?

What is happening in Gaza is a wicked, seemingly insurmountable problem. There are no clear answers, yet one way or another it has to play out and that means it's going to be messy.

I struggle to see how anyone who isn't directly involved sees the war in binary terms. I also struggle to see how anyone who isn't directly involved has, as you say, "strong views", for one side or the other as it's just so tragically sad for both sides.

But I suppose that's the limitations of my own thinking.

At a micro scale, it's also a classic example of why feuds begin. No-one here has any skin in the game but still the fighting is vicious. Get a fucking grip. You could argue for another two years or you could be utterly silent and neither way would make any difference on the ground in Gaza.

So anyway, where does that leave Swellnet? A website - a surfing website - on the other side of the world, frequented by people who have no skin in the game but need to strongly voice their opinion?

For now, take it to the Israel/Palestine thread and nowhere else. That isn't a license to criticise or let your emotions run free. Same rules apply.

But why not, for once, and this applies to everyone, shut the fuck up, then sit and ponder - deeply ponder - how the other side feels?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 12:00pm

Deleted.

See above.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 12:05pm

;)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 12:17pm

'We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.' -Charles Bukowski

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 12:40pm

... &

"Nothing is worse than to finish a good shit, then reach over and find the toilet paper container empty. Even the most horrible human being on earth deserves to wipe his ass."

;);)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 3:46pm
stunet wrote:

'We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.' -Charles Bukowski

Thats fine for us that think this is the only life and we have decent neighbor's, but when you have neighbours that think the next life matters more than this one and they will even get rewarded for killing you, its kinda problematic.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 4:10pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
stunet wrote:

Thats fine for us that think this is the only life and we have decent neighbor's, but when you have neighbours that think the next life matters more than this one and they will even get rewarded for killing you, its kinda problematic.

An astonishing non sequitur. Impressive in its detachment.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 4:23pm

That’s an incredible reply from the old Indo.
Even for him.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 4:34pm

Indo...to be clear...you're not Jewish or Arabic, you don't live in the Middle East but on Phillip Island. Your existence is trivial to theirs, and theirs is trivial to yours. Strong feelings from you will have zero influence on their world. You're being eaten up by nothing.

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 4:46pm
stunet wrote:

Which runs parallel to Terror Management Theory (TMT)
A thought provoking,long read below for anyone interested. Apologies it's not a podcast ;)

"TMT: Empirical Approach
TMT was inspired from the writings of Ernest Becker (1962,
1973, 1975), who worked to integrate a broad array of social
scientific theory and research. The theory proposes that a
potential for anxiety results from the juxtaposition of death
awareness—presumably a uniquely human capacity made
possible by cognitive abilities such as self-awareness and
abstract thought—and the instinct for self-preservation, which
is common to all animals. To defend against this potential
death anxiety, people must believe that some valued aspect
of themselves will continue, either literally or symbolically,
after cessation of their biological body. Literal immortality
takes the form of an afterlife (e.g., heaven), whereas symbolic immortality takes the form of extensions of the self
(e.g., children, achievements) continuing to exist after the
person’s biological death (Martin, 1999). Whether literal or
symbolic, this cultural anxiety buffer consists of two components: (a) belief in the validity of a cultural worldview and
the standards and values associated with that worldview and
(b) belief that one is meeting or exceeding those standards and
values, that is, self-esteem described it, a cultural worldview is more than merely an
outlook on life: it is an immortality formula
Part of the value of TMT is its examination of a process that is outside of conscious awareness and thereby
not particularly obvious to people employing the proposed
defenses. According to the theory, the problem of death resides
beneath consciousness and, from there, triggers distal death
defenses—the maintenance of worldviews and self-esteem.
The conscious contemplation of death is defended against
differently according to TMT; it is dealt with more rationally by denying vulnerability to physical death or pushing
it into the distant future using proximal death defenses such
as a conscious thought about one’s excellent state of physical
health or one’s family trend toward longevity"
https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/document?repid=rep1&type=pdf&doi=0b4d99844...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 4:51pm

^ noinfo has already proven he can't actually learn or consider anything beyond inbred self gratifying edumacational bs fantasy lectures
- the infantile merry go round of perceived ideological superiority goes on ;)

..."it's kinda problematic" hahahaha

- geez noinfo, gerbil on to infinity and beyond, just never forget to ummm :
" accuse the other side of that which you are guilty" ;)

...and keep scurrying back to the hasbara soup like a good lil cockroach ;);)

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 5:39pm

Spends heaps of time in the country with the highest population of Muslims in the world, comes home unhurt every time.
Spends his time at home talking about how Muslims want to kill him, you and me.

There’s stupid but this shit is next level.

Also loves to stir shit up. Nothing is in good faith, he only seeks to inflame and divide.

I get mouthy and ridiculous in my retorts.
Necrophilic peadophile for example.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:08pm

Now you are just making shit up Soggy, my post which all can see above wasn't about me, it was about Israeli's living next door to people that want to kill them and destroy Israel and the reality of trying to deal with that, its not something that you can just ignore.

BTW. As we all know there has been a number of radical islamic attacks/bombing in Indonesia and these happened only through small terrorist groups, not groups that have control of whole states or have military's.

And if im only here to inflame and divide, then what the hell do you think Jelly is here for? thats ALL he does every single post, look above, look below.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:06pm

"You're being eaten up by nothing."

;)

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:07pm

- food for thought

;);)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:29pm

^^ I’m imagining @stu’s eyes are rolling back into his head right now #straightthroughtothekeeper

Edit and below
Still grossly offensive as ever

southernraw's picture
southernraw's picture
southernraw Wednesday, 21 Aug 2024 at 6:31pm
GuySmiley wrote:

^^ I’m imagining @stu’s eyes are rolling back into his head right now #straightthroughtothekeeper

Edit and below
Still grossly offensive as ever

Mind boggling hey.