What's what?

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 6 Nov 2015 at 7:48pm

AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING KALEIDOSCOPIC JOIN-THE-DOTS/ADULT COLOURING BOOK EXPERIMENTAL PROJECT IN NARCISSISTIC/ONANISTIC BIG PICTURE PARASITIC FORUM BLEEDING.

LIKE POLITICAL LIFE, PARTICIPATION IS WELCOME, ENCOURAGED EVEN, BUT NOT NECESSARY.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Saturday, 11 May 2019 at 9:03pm

I run two pairs. New ones for indoors. Old pair for garden/camping.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 11 May 2019 at 9:07pm

Facto - It’s so punk that your shoe choice has to be run past the committee before you’ll wear them.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 11 May 2019 at 9:08pm

Paradoxically Ugg boots are cool, always have been, and always will be.
The non synthetic type that is.
They go beyond the girlie boot label and really are the numero uno androgynous footwear for all people.
As a matter of fact, I'm wearing them right now.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:43am

Nah, ugg boots have always been for cold-fearing man babies round my neck of the woods growing up. Well, in public, Sorry. Just sayin'.

Keep calm and carry on.

Trackie dacks! Now there's a subject! RSL worthy? Required attire? Smart casual?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 4:47am

Oh yeah, moccasins for you Vicco types?

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 6:32am

Mid-winter dawnie I put the wetty half on, uggs on and drive down and have a look.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 9:06am

Ugg boots, tracky dacks and a flanno...what more could you need? (Flanno optional)
Come on facto embrace your inner bogan.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 9:16am

I’m getting in before Antony Green and declaring the election by between 10-15 seats, we await Morrison’s concession speech.

The remaining interest remains how many whack jobs will be elected to the senate.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 9:18am

I've been rocking a pair of the same Uggs for 20 years. They've been around the world and some. They're a mess but I can't part with them. Roughly patched and sewn them up a couple of times. I reckon they've got another few winters left in them. Nothing beats Uggs for keeping your tootsies warm in winter.

and quite acceptable attire for the bottl-o dash too.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 9:30am

I'm picturing the footwear equivalent of Craig's wetty tub.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 9:35am

..... ooops, Barry just referred to Bill Shorten as the prime minister on Insiders.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:23am

Always pack a flanno. Quality, mind. Got a Swanndri version on right now.

And a beanie.

No uggs.

Next you'll all be singing the praises of Crocs, hey?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:39am

One of the joys of life getting older is when you completely don't give a fu(k about what others think of your dress sense you can finally wear Uggs and shorts while doing the surf check having a chat with the boys in the car park.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:39am

Ha ha crocs, nay.

Beanie, yay.

KT 26's for serious missions.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:46am

Nothing wrong with Crocs 'cept they can be bloody dangerous on wet floors.

I read somewhere that Volleys are cool again? Were they never?

I wonder if desert boots will ever come back? Hope so, then I'll be way ahead of the curve.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 11:52am

What about adult diapers? Nah, serious. Convenient, warming (at first), disposable.

Nothing says 'I don't give a shit' quite like it.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 12:00pm

Hear we go...

What are 'desert boots'?

Not these.

These are ripples. Bon knows.

SA makes the best (Rossi). SA has the naming rights.

Desert boots are Clarks or nothing. Well, unless you're talking about 'pasty boots'. Krist on a bike!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 1:17pm

Ripples! That takes me back.

Barely surpassed by Happy Shoes if you were channelling your inner Bruce Lee.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 2:48pm

Hahaha. THOSE things.

Everybody be Kung Fu fighting etc

Now, as for Ciaks...

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 3:14pm

Got me a new pair of ripples from the Rossi showroom at Hilton last year, seconds too being a cheap bastird.
They had brown ones too, which seems unthinkable .......until you see them in the flesh!,

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 4:43pm

Gotta get me a pair of those brown ones. Dave Graney approved.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 7:19pm

Dog shit the natural enemy of ripples!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 13 May 2019 at 9:12am

Wouldn't it shake things up if Jacinda Ardern turned up at the Grafton Jacaranda Festival?
Morrison and Shorten wouldn't know what to do.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/grafton-plans-to-invite-jacinda-ardern-t...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 11:53am

Why wouldn't the new PM know what to do? Or even the new local member Patrick Deegan? The new federal opposition leader - whoever gets that gig...Jo-Berg? - might be slightly more uncomfortable. As might be the Beetrooter, B.I.T as Nats head?

Guaranteed certain types on here might even lose their tiny minds!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 12:40pm

Do not vote ALP !

Notice how the MSM isn’t covering this .....https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/05/nsw-government-labors-elderly-v...

ALP wants you to subsidise the lifestyles of hundreds of thousands of elderly foreigners.....don’t vote ALP

Immigration was touted as ending the ( mythical) aging population not expanding it with thousands of unproductive foreigners with no obligations towards our nation.

Seriously......is this the worst policy in Australia’s history?

The chances of Australia deporting Chinese grandparents after they’ve lived here for ten years on temporary visas is ZERO. The Chinese voting bloc blowback would be devastating for the ALP. Make no mistake, these people are here forever and WILL destroy our welfare system.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:05pm

Two Chinese who have just gained residency through university attendance in Australia can bring in their 4 parents who would only be in their mid forties.

These parents will work for cash and DECIMATE wages even further in our country.

Uncapped immigration . Hundreds of thousands of foreigners - millions- paying zero tax and changing Australia for ever.

We will be a minority in our own country within a decade.

Put the Labor party last !

Critical turning point for our nation.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:12pm

Yep, it's the "yellow peril" folks, tomorrow we have reds under the bed .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:15pm

Tell me which part of the above is not factually correct.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:18pm

Blowins right, Labors scheme is madness on steroids and that's only one of their hair brained policies. I don't want us to be broke again and I like our lifestyle the way it is. Everyone's just starting to do OK again so why stuff it up with a change in Govt. Also 5% deposit for first home buyers is another good idea from the Libs among others.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:23pm

Religion ain't politics.

Anyways, John Barnes. What a geezer!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-barnes...

And the author of this as well about 'unconscious bias.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/08/liam-neeson-john-b...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:26pm

Though Barnsie's response wasn't entirely adequate.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/02/john-barnes-right...

Fuck polluting this place as a 'safe space' for any snowflake right whingers.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:27pm

MONDAY, 13 MAY 2019 at 12:40PM
Do not vote ALP !

Notice how the MSM isn’t covering this .....https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/05/nsw-government-labors-elderly-v...

ALP wants you to subsidise the lifestyles of hundreds of thousands of elderly foreigners.....don’t vote ALP

Immigration was touted as ending the ( mythical) aging population not expanding it with thousands of unproductive foreigners with no obligations towards our nation.

Seriously......is this the worst policy in Australia’s history?

The chances of Australia deporting Chinese grandparents after they’ve lived here for ten years on temporary visas is ZERO. The Chinese voting bloc blowback would be devastating for the ALP. Make no mistake, these people are here forever and WILL destroy our welfare system.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:27pm

Two Chinese who have just gained residency through university attendance in Australia can bring in their 4 parents who would only be in their mid forties.

These parents will work for cash and DECIMATE wages even further in our country.

Uncapped immigration . Hundreds of thousands of foreigners - millions- paying zero tax and changing Australia for ever.

We will be a minority in our own country within a decade.

Put the Labor party last !

Critical turning point for our nation.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:30pm

Megaphone's broken, Joseph.

Meltdown imminent.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:38pm

These are the indisputable facts.

It’s open borders , nothing less.

UNLIMITED immigration.

AKA open borders.

No financial independence assessments. It’s flooding Australia with black market workers with no obligation towards Australia. They will be separate from and completely apart from our Australian society.

Except for destroying the standards of living for every other Australian.

Literally the worst policy in Australia’s history. It will alter our nation for ever.

Reject the ALP !

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:34pm

"These parents will work for cash and DECIMATE wages even further in our country.

We will be a minority in our own country within a decade."

Check, check...is this thing on? 1, 2...1,2...

Gott in Himmel!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:41pm

Tell me how it’s not completely true then.

If you want to live in a Chinese country where workers exist on slave wages then move to China.

I don’t want to.

So I’m not going to allow Labor to do so just to preserve their political careers.

Fuck the ALP/ LNP/ Greens.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 1:46pm

Still waiting for BB or Facto to tell me how anything I’ve said isn’t true.

Their silence reinforces the realty.

All they’ve got is name calling because I don’t want Australia to become a slave labour Southern province of China.

Vote to protect your country for your children ! Reject the ALP.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 May 2019 at 2:32pm

"...Immigration was touted as ending the ( mythical) aging population not expanding it with thousands of unproductive foreigners with no obligations towards our nation.

Seriously......is this the worst policy in Australia’s history?"

I want to know how anyone, any party, can think this is good economics?

Even if they are self funded and pay for their own medical this will put untold strain on an already struggling health system. That's without the argument that they will never go home. Never ever.

Is this an ideological position for open borders?

Or a desperate attempt to sure up votes after the ALP offending them with old mates (true) statement of PHD students putting pressure on inner city house rentals and prices?

Either way it makes no economic sense at all. Enough to make one believe that... the ALP is the bill australia....

Yes. Worst policy ever!!

So short sighted, and goes against everything we've been told as we've been forced to swallow the 'we need more migrants' pill.

So do ALP go last or still go second to last? LNP are suspiciously quiet on the whole issue...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 2:33pm

There is NO requirement for them to be self funded.

It’s $2500 for a 5 year visa.

$500 dollars per year to allow them to work for cash and undermine our awards system. That is before they clog the hospitals , roads , destroy the environment with further land clearing for housing, pressure water , sewerage and waste etc etc

And what do Australians who make room and compete for resources with these people get.....NOTHING.

Reduced quality of life in every metric.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 13 May 2019 at 2:33pm

Yawn! Hysteria and bullshit! Always a toxic mix. Parents have to be healthy, and must provide private health insurance........ " .......our own country? ". Aaah you mean you fair dinkum, true bloody blue, native born White Orstralian males? As opposed to immigrants, women and various other blowins? The settler mentality, the narrowest possible perspective. Having stolen the country from its indigenous people what could be more natural than to fear others will steal it from you?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:06pm

Everything I’ve said is factually correct.

Blindboy does not dispute this , he only criticises any opinion opposed to becoming a minority in our country and paying for the displeasure ourselves.

Please tell me which part is bullshit , BB ?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 May 2019 at 2:51pm

Im actually just as pissed that my new saffa wormates and poms will be able to do the same

north and south americans ones too. One was spruiking the wares of ALP in the office the other day because he has his eye on bringing the olds out from canada. I've gotta say, it didn't get much of a reception...

Makes no economic sense at all!!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:04pm

The ALP knows that Chinese parents coming to Australia with no working privileges will still work .

There is no financial independence test. The sponsoring couple needs a COMBINED income of $83K before tax . This is less than $1000/ week after tax .

The couple will bring in 4 parents and probably have 2 children. This means that $1000 per week is meant to pay rent , food , transport, clothing and all bills for 8 people !

It’s impossible.

And the ALP knows , but they don’t care.

The ALP knows that the parents will work cash jobs for less than award rates . Forcing Australians to compete for wages and driving wages way down. And not paying a cent of tax.

The ALP knows this but doesn’t care because their political careers are in jeopardy after Michael Daley admitted that young Australians are competing with Chinese for jobs. The Chinese did not like this and so the ALP is giving away our future in order to win their vote back.

The only point of the existence of the ALP is to oppose Capital and look after the working class. This policy undermines every other policy they could possibly create to look after the workers. It gives Capital an UNCAPPED supply of black market/ slave labour which everyone else needs to compete against.

And it fucks our quality of life .

All while turning our nation into a Chinese province.

What point is the existence of the ALP if they sell out the Australians they claim to represent purely to secure their own careers ?

They are no different from the LNP.

Never vote for the ALP.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:02pm

It makes economic sense.....if you’re an ALP politician or party hack.

Makes no sense for anyone else . Including their own children.

Nearly 7, 500,000 people in Australia were born overseas. This equals a potential pool of 15,000,000 parents moving to Australia as the policy has unlimited openings .

So much for immigration to prevent an ageing population.

This is true madness.

15 million people with no asset requirements. How do they think they will survive ?

Are they bringing their own hospitals / doctors/ roads / water / waste disposal with them ?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:00pm

I saw on the telly the other day someone pointing out that different states have different migrant focus. i.e for Chinese it's Sydney, for Indian it's Melbourne, for kiwi's it's Brisbane, and for Filipino go to Darwin. (apparently the Chinese had a huge Chinatown in Darwin until the the Japanese bombed it out of existence in WWII)
So whilst the Chinese are almost leading the race, India is a close second. And how about those poms though, cuppa tea anyone?

In 2018, 29% of the Australian resident population, or 7,341,910 people, were born overseas.[28]

The Australian resident population consists of people who were born in the following countries:
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics (2018)[29]
Place of birth Estimated resident population[A]
Total Australian-born 17,650,000
Total foreign-born 7,341,910

England England[B] 992,000
Mainland China Mainland China[C] 651,000
India India 592,000
New Zealand New Zealand 568,000
Philippines Philippines 278,000
Vietnam Vietnam 256,000
South Africa South Africa 189,000
Italy Italy 187,000
Malaysia Malaysia 174,000
Scotland Scotland[D] 135,000
Sri Lanka Sri Lanka 134,500
South Korea South Korea 116,120
Germany Germany 114,580
Greece Greece 108,830
United States United States 108,610
Hong Kong Hong Kong SAR[E] 100,620

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:08pm

"These parents will work for cash and DECIMATE wages even further in our country.

We will be a minority in our own country within a decade."

Which bit of this is "factually correct"?

Cut the bullshit.

Your posts over the years belie you, Blowie.

Muslims, Chinese, Indians, Aboriginal Australians, multiculturalism, immigration, One Nation, Australia Day, ANZAC, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi! etc etc

And now you've glommed onto MacroBUSINESS, who themselves have glommed on to all things 'immigration' as being the illest of the nation's ills...mainly to address their own (micro) business ills ie stay afloat and make a buck. Actually, this 'immigration' direction has caused some ructions between Van O and Llewellyn Smith. A buck's a buck. Whatever ya gotta do. I'm sure it's attracted some dodgy subscribers.

Anyway, Blowie, what are you exactly scared of?

Who do you speak for?

Is Australia, as you define it, dying? Do you speak for 'Australians'?

Or rather, here's something to ponder, who do you think you speak for, and who do you really speak for?

That could be a real scary thing to face up to.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:12pm

And in ten years ( maximum ) when the first of the parents is supposed to leave , the vast numbers of the “ ethnic “ voting blocs will say “ Get fucked ! , They’re staying. It’s inhumane to send an elderly parent away from their family . “ and everyone will get to stay.

So that’s 15,000,000 more people on Medicare and the pension.

Australia, as we know it , will be long gone.

Our population will be the oldest in the world . Our environment will be fucked . Our economy will be ruined. And the standard of living for everyone will be in the toilet.

The ALP does not care. They have NO VISION for our country.

They just want to get elected.

Don’t let them.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:26pm

So which part isn’t true , Facto ?

Forget the ad hominem attacks, tell me how everything stated won’t occur.

The problem with you Facto , is that you’re so far up the ALP’s arse that you would rather shut your eyes to such a monumentally flawed policy in order to maintain party solidarity, than think - “ He’s right , this is the most ridiculous, short sighted bullshit idea I’ve ever heard of . Maybe we should reconsider it ?”

But no , it’s onward ALP faithful. No matter that you’re marching the country off the side of a cliff.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 13 May 2019 at 3:17pm

Back to your one notion.

Always.

Ad nauseam.