Single Fin

pickle's picture
pickle started the topic in Tuesday, 25 Mar 2014 at 5:18pm

Does anyone know where I could get a nice shaped single fin ala Wayne Lynch style…or better still how can I get hold of one of Lynchy's boards?? Just throwing it out there but yeah looking for quality and proven performance… any help would be cool, it seems that Wayne maybe doesn't do customs anymore??

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 3:57pm

No website I could find ? Wayne has a facebook page and im pretty sure Wayne would still be shaping custom boards.
Brutus will know.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 4:57pm
udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 5:01pm

Is that a tuflite ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 5:05pm

You could speak to Bruce at Anglesea Surf Centre if you want to confirm whether Wayne Lynch will do a custom. Bruce has had his boards in the past as Wayne just lives up the road but I see his house is up for sale

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-anglesea-115707943

Plenty of other shapers have the ability to shape that magic single fin .... Simon Jones, Van Straalen, Chris Garrett, McTavish, Ed Sinnott etc etc

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 5:35pm

Is that a tepee on waynes block ?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 5:57pm

Patagonia has boards with his name penciled on them, while your there pick up an overpriced wetsuit.

Yes Udu, not there anymore

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 6:03pm

Give Mick Pierce a ring.
He shapes in Rye, Victoria.
His instagram page is @easternlight.
Shapes amazing singles, twins and guns. Martin Potter just got a new single fin made off him and took it to Jeffreys Bay when the comp was on recently, and was giving it great reviews..

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 6:25pm

Generally don't agree with goofy, for no logical reason but Mick pierce is very good......underrated

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 6:43pm

Greg Browne, he has the skills and also started out on singles.
John Jolly at Trigger bros lots of knowledge there.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 6:52pm

Browney didn't start shaping singles though, probably shaped fuck all, what state pickles?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 6:56pm
shaun wrote:

Generally don't agree with goofy, for no logical reason but Mick pierce is very good......underrated

Hahahaha

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 10 Aug 2014 at 8:36pm

I have had close to a dozen of Pierceys' shapes under my feet in the last 10-15 years . He knows his stuff , and still rides them . None have been single fins though , but I know that he has designed , shaped and ridden as good as many in the last 40 years ....
Oh , and I've only ever snapped 2 of his boards , ( Tombies and P-Pass ) infact the board that eventually snapped at the latter , lasted 3 x 6-10 ft days at Palikir respectively, before " going to heaven " after falling directly onto it on a smaller day .... much to Alois's discust , ( I managed to snap his bushman and bent a JC ;-(( . ) , he eventually laughed when my " bullet proof " MP " gave way " at the end of the trip .
Considering my reckless approach and heavy footedness , his shapes are exceptional .
Still have 3 " magic boards " of his in my quiver amongst the other battered half dozen he shaped for me .
hit the man up ....